Gladiator Full confidence VS Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
who wins

TethAdamTheRock
Gladiator

leonidas
thor wins. show me a time glads did NOT enter a battle fully confident.

JBL
Gladiator. Some people need to learn how gladiators powers work. He doesn't start at full confidence, his stats increase with his beliefs in his abilities. A perfect example is when he fought Vulcan.

DarkSaint85
Good to see you back from your hiatus JBL!

JBL
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Good to see you back from your hiatus JBL! Yep, Australia was a blast until I ran across a large croc while fishing and nearly stepped on a tger snake.😱

DarkSaint85
Which part of Oz were you in?

Damborgson
Gladiator about lose some confidence,

leonidas
blink

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by leonidas
thor wins. show me a time glads did NOT enter a battle fully confident. Gladiator is Stronger, Faster, and More Durable

leonidas
anddddd...thor has kicked his ass (future version or not) and hulk has kicked his ass. btw i doubt he is stronger, and i doubt he is more durable either.

thanos-prime
Gladiator

Surtur
Gladiator probably wins. Assuming he decides not to stop and pose during this fight.

krisblaze
Gladiator speakest entirely too much.

abhilegend
Gladiator is stronger but Thor beats his ass out.

carver9
I don't know who wins. I usually give Thor the majority against any Superman character.

Damborgson
Gladiator isn't stronger but yup he gets hammer to face.

carver9
Youre no longer a Thor fan. Vote for Gladiator.

Raisen
I always thought gladiator should win

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Youre no longer a Thor fan. Vote for Gladiator.

Thor vs Hulk, battle zone. This week. Want to test this unworthy Thor fan?

zopzop
Ironically, Gladiator's best showings against Thor are non canon because they involve future or alternate reality versions of the character : Future Gladiator in the "Black Celestial Arc" FF storyline goes toe to toe with Thor despite being exhausted and despite Thor and crew moving at hyper light speeds due to Reed's equipment, an alternate reality Gladiator is summoned by Zarko to take on Thor because Zarko thinks he'll go insane and take over the planet. Gladiator owns Thor and Thor Girl had to jump in to help.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor vs Hulk, battle zone. This week. Want to test this unworthy Thor fan?

What does Hulk have to do with what I said? And I took Thor from you, so why would I BZ against my character?

leonidas
because it would make me REALLY happy? laughing out loud

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
What does Hulk have to do with what I said? And I took Thor from you, so why would I BZ against my character?

Its a challenge Carv. Take it or leave it, but it's pretty sad if leave it thumb up

JBL
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Which part of Oz were you in? Tasmania.

h1a8

krisblaze
Originally posted by zopzop
Ironically, Gladiator's best showings against Thor are non canon because they involve future or alternate reality versions of the character : Future Gladiator in the "Black Celestial Arc" FF storyline goes toe to toe with Thor despite being exhausted and despite Thor and crew moving at hyper light speeds due to Reed's equipment, an alternate reality Gladiator is summoned by Zarko to take on Thor because Zarko thinks he'll go insane and take over the planet. Gladiator owns Thor and Thor Girl had to jump in to help.

There's some context to that though.

Mainly Thor girl being frozen from before the fight with Thor starts, Thor holding back and the 60 second rule somehow showing up despite not being in effect anymore.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

leonidas
yep.

Inedian
Gladiator

celeyhyga17
Thor punches him through a planet.

JBL
Gladiator took Thor out with one punch that koed Thor and sent his limp body flying across the sky for 60 seconds. Gladiator toyed with Wonderman who HAS nearly one shot Thor and had Thor beat until Thor had to use his hammer. Gladiator was shown to be able to beat/kill Thor but the story plot prevented it. Even though it took two distractions for Thor to recover and win via his hammer. Without his hammer, he stands no chance as proven by his 60 second nap.

Philosophía
This 'full confidence' Gladiator stupidity is hilarious.

It's like Gladiator has low-self esteem, and his super-power is confidence.

the Darkone
Its Funny to me that even that future Gladiator admitted that Thor was more powerful than him. Gladiator doesn't hold back as where Thor does, Thor holds back more of his godly power, his feats alone shit stomps Gladiator with or without hammer Thor wins everytime

JBL
Gladiator never said that Thor was more powerful than him. Gladiator was the one who told Thor he was stronger and more powerful than Thor.Thor got koed by gladiators fist. On a side note.. can people no comprehend or they lack understanding? The MORE confident gladiator is, the more powerful he BECOMES. Really simple to understand.

celeyhyga17
Pretty much what happened after holding back was no longer an option.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120267/3175831-8349528285-2jchq.png

JBL
Yep. Thor needed his hammer to defeat gladiator. He never overpowered gladiator nor hit gladiator with his fists. What did Thor hold back? Gladiator only lost because of thors hammer.

celeyhyga17
Shown in the comic that Thor held back.
Hammer is part of powerset.
Future gladz admitted Thor > him.

JBL
So Thor held back his durability? Gladiator could not defeat Thor while Thor had the use of a weapon. When the weapon was taken out of play and it was strength for strength, man to man, fist against fist, gladiator knocked Thor out with one casual uppercut. Holding back from using a weapon is not the same as holding back strength. It took Thor multiple hits and a energy blast with his HAMMER to stop gladiator. Gladiator took Thor out with one uppercut and it wasn't anywhere near his best punch.

celeyhyga17
Future Gladiator's goal was to kill.
Thor was minding the safety of a civilian when he got caught with the punch.
I'll give you round 1 even with context.
Round 2 starts.
Glad's gets one hell of a head start as Olson just finished transforming into Thor. Blitzes Thor deep underground, but none the worse for wear.
He stops holding back.
Rest is history.

Btw hammer is standard powerset for him. Any argument with or without it is moot.

carver9
The scan isn't usable. We do not know anything about Gladiator condition due to this being a future Gladiator. It isn't usable. He could have been weaker than his 616 counter part. Who knows. Thor defeating that Gladiator doesn't hold any weight against current Glads.

JBL
In a forum fight, Thor is FAR too slow to compete with gladiator. If gladiator can blitz a machine at near light speed and Ko Thor with one shot, he will do it here. No Thor girl or plot will save Thor here. Hammer is no good if he never gets a chance to use it.

Warrior Madness
Gladiator is much stronger, faster and durable than Thor. Gladiator wins this.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
On a side note.. can people no comprehend or they lack understanding? The MORE confident gladiator is, the more powerful he BECOMES. Really simple to understand.

laughing out loud

the Darkone
And yet Thor has defeated Gladiator, Thor/Odinson not holding back phucks Gladiator up

Damborgson
Originally posted by Warrior Madness
Gladiator is much stronger, faster and durable than Thor. Gladiator wins this.

Oh yeah? Prove it.

If you werent able to adapt to the times, ill put you out of your misery old friend. Better that than to see what you've become.

Dareangel
please continue

TethAdamTheRock
Would be like Thor Vs Superman

the Darkone
Thor wins the vast majority against Gladiator, vastly more powerful and versatile than Gladiator

Dareangel
please continue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.