Thoughts on Obi-Wan spin-off featuring Vader vs Obi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
As I highlighted in the thread I created yesterday, Anakin and Vader weren't the same character when A New Hope was released.

This makes sense given how anti-climatic the Vader vs Obi-Wan confrontation actually is.

You'd naturally expect Vader's reaction to seeing Obi-Wan be more akin to:

https://i.imgur.com/4RxDivx.png

rather than:

Obi-Wan, we meet again at last. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master!

Obi-Wan's lines are likewise irrelevant and / or strange with the other films in context.

---

So, what would your guys thoughts be of having a proper Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader confrontation in the spin-off?

This could give the needed emotional drama and explain why this matchup on the Death Star isn't as crazed as it seems.

And to briefly address the dialogue that any might use as a counter-point:

Obi-Wan, he might again at last.

This doesn't necessitate the last confrontation they had being the Mustafar duel. This could be their last encounter since a Jedi Purge-era rematch.

When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master!

This line doesn't even make sense if you're viewing it within the context of the Mustafar duel. Vader "left" Obi-Wan before their battle on Mustafar. Then, at the end of the battle, it's Obi-Wan who leaves Vader. This line was written a year before the Mustafar duel was even thought of. It's referring to Vader leaving the Jedi Order. Thus, I don't seen any reason why this line alone would rule out the possibility of them fighting. If it does, then it does for the Mustafar fight too, but given we know that happened, it should be fine.

godemperortrump
I hope Vader is hard pressed and has to use the force to win. Obi's a better duelist smile

DarthAnt66
Oh, to add on, Lucas thought of a second confrontation to Obi-Wan and Vader after the Mustafar duel in the final draft of Return of the Jedi:

Obi-Wan: When I first knew him, your father was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong. My pride has had terrible consequences for the galaxy. I also thought he could be turned back to the good side. It couldn't be done. He is more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

So, it seems Obi-Wan and suit-Vader did have a rematch between the Mustafar duel and the Death Star duel as of 1983, and that it was only cut out of the film for time purposes.

Kurk
I hope Obi just presses the button on Vader's control panel to shut-off his life support.

BlueTiger1144
In ROTJ, Vader even tells to Luke that Obi Wan once thought as he did. Of turning Vader back to the good side. Might be the case if there was a rematch in between ROTS and ANH.

ares834
Hell no.

DarthAnt66
Why not?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
Hell no.

Darth Thor

YousufKhan1212
Nah.

Darth Thor
Also "Your Powers are weak old man", might make more sense if the spin off movie shows Obi-Wan at the height of his power.

Still, the line "I sense something, a presence I haven't felt since..." has much more dramatic effect if referring to the Mustafar duel, so I'd prefer this not to happen.

But It Will Happen.

UCanShootMyNova
@Ant: Why are you trying to keep this forum alive? What's the point?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ares834
Hell no.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.