Marvel and DC combined - who are you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Marvel and DC universe combine into one Universe and you are miraculously given the choice to choose out of these three powers and abilities. Whom abilities would you choose?

Thor
Silver Surfer
Superman
Hal

Your NOT that person, their powers are just transferred over to you.

riv6672
Thor, of course.

DarkSaint85
Surfer. Thor is also good. I have shit imagination, though, and I don't like Super powerset.

Gadabout
1.Surfer...can do virtually anything

2. Thor...only I would be awesome ALL the time

3. Supes...but I would invent a suit to keep me permanently guarded against K and fully sun dipped charged.

4.Hal...I would "will" the ring to be permanently fully charged.

celeyhyga17
Surfer/Thor
GL
Superman

Virtual immortality and versatility is where it's at.

Digi
GL, no question. You all are imagining yourselves as comic characters, and nothing but. A GL ring would help you save the world and take out the trash while you're watching TV.

Having Superman's power set in any non-fictional setting would be a nightmare. Minimum, you'd slaughter hundreds and wreck buildings before getting your powers figured out to the extent that you could be a functional part of society. Same with Thor.

That leaves only Surfer and GL, and while Surfer's powers are versatile in a comic sense, like we enjoy thinking about in vs. battles, a GL's real-world versatility would be off the charts.

And if you're worried about immortality, the ring has enough history with that sort of thing - Alan Scott's functional immortality (albeit with a slightly different power sources), or any ring's molecular manipulation - that it could be figured out.

celeyhyga17
But I don't care about other people's lives.

Plus I'd be immortal.
evilgrin

Philosophía
Superman, easily.

Super-intelligence, immortality, speed etc.

Just with the super-intelligence + speed combo I'd be able to advance humanity to a ridiculous degree.

TethAdamTheRock
Superman

Mindship
Surfer, natch'.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Digi
GL, no question. You all are imagining yourselves as comic characters, and nothing but. A GL ring would help you save the world and take out the trash while you're watching TV.

Having Superman's power set in any non-fictional setting would be a nightmare. Minimum, you'd slaughter hundreds and wreck buildings before getting your powers figured out to the extent that you could be a functional part of society. Same with Thor.

That leaves only Surfer and GL, and while Surfer's powers are versatile in a comic sense, like we enjoy thinking about in vs. battles, a GL's real-world versatility would be off the charts.

And if you're worried about immortality, the ring has enough history with that sort of thing - Alan Scott's functional immortality (albeit with a slightly different power sources), or any ring's molecular manipulation - that it could be figured out.

I'm worried about willpower.

I mean,I'd love to be able to speak five languages, finally learn the violin, get that 10 pack, fix that shelf etc.

But I have no will power. I'm eating cakes.

I'd be a shit ringslinger.

Genii96
Surfer
Can do anything
Learn anything,fix anything with CA
Among others

darthgoober

Yeah but the GL ring is dependent on willpower. Are you sure you have enough willpower to actually do all the stuff you want?

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm worried about willpower.

I mean,I'd love to be able to speak five languages, finally learn the violin, get that 10 pack, fix that shelf etc.

But I have no will power. I'm eating cakes.

I'd be a shit ringslinger.

Mm. Yeah, I guess that's an issue. At least you admit your weakness. stick out tongue

Digi
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but the GL ring is dependent on willpower. Are you sure you have enough willpower to actually do all the stuff you want?

Yes.

darthgoober
Yes.
Have you ever done anything like quit smoking cold turkey to support such a notion lol

I mean I'd wager that Green Arrow has quite a bit of willpower by real world standards and from what I understand he had some issues operating a GL ring.

celeyhyga17
Do u really want a ring ure gonna have to constantly charge like a cell phone?

I say inexhaustible energy source for the win.

darthgoober
Honestly, I'd probably pick Superman. I suffer from pretty serious bouts of ennui so the idea of immortality is somewhat frightening to me. With Supes's powers I could have quite a bit of fun/excitement then just move to a world under a red sun to live out my life like normal when I got bored with the game and everyone I loved was dead.

Digi
Have you ever done anything like quit smoking cold turkey to support such a notion lol

Not quit smoking, since I never smoked in the first place. But I went cold turkey on soda after forming what was a reasonably strong addiction to it. Went two years before I allowed myself any slack, and even then it was a deliberate choice, not "giving in." For another example, I'm currently planning my 2018 budget, which includes, among other things, zero "stuff" purchases (excluding replacements for existing items breaking, lost, etc.), and zero alcohol in restaurants (grocery store only, and even then only for social gatherings, not day-to-day use). I have every expectation of being able to do both. Not Herculean feats, granted, but changes that will require ongoing use of will, surely.

We think of willpower as some magic innate trait because of how it's portrayed in things like comics. But the science behind it suggests it's more like a muscle that can get stronger with deliberate practice, and variables such as diet and sleep can directly impact it. I think I'm alright as-is, but would devote myself to it even more if I suddenly gained a ring capable of planetary-level force and versatility limited only by my imagination.

So yeah, I think I'd be fine as a GL. And frankly, I think a lot of people could learn to be good GLs. Not all, mind you, but some. I'm not claiming some special ability others don't have; I just genuinely think I'd maximize the **** out of a ring in ways the other power sets (particularly Superman and Thor) couldn't. Only Surfer's power cosmic is mildly tempting in comparison.

I mean I'd wager that Green Arrow has quite a bit of willpower by real world standards and from what I understand he had some issues operating a GL ring.

Digi > Oliver Queen

#FlashFact

Damborgson

DarkSaint85

His will power,whilst strong, was too cynical.

Which sounds like Digi, tbh.

abhilegend
Superman easily. He gets actually more powerful as he ages and is effectively immortal.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Damborgson
I'd have to watch you, with that mindset. Id dawn the hammer just to keep Phil from ruling the world. The first thing I'd do is send the hammer to the Phantom Zone. thumb up

quanchi112
Surfer. This is a no brainer. Power cosmic can virtually do anything. It also doesn't have so many exploitable weaknesses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman easily. He gets actually more powerful as he ages and is effectively immortal. He is just a Kryptonian and he has a lot of exploitable weaknesses. Power cosmic is far superior and also decimates any Knian in a powerset application.

Damborgson

abhilegend
Good luck doing that inside a red sun ⭐⭐⭐
Before or after I punch you to death at Superspeed?

quanchi112
Before or after I punch you to death at Superspeed? Who has he punched to death at super speed on the surfers level before they could react ?? laughing out loud

Power cosmic rapes the people from Krypton.

Damborgson
Before or after I punch you to death at Superspeed?

Ill just set Mjolnir to look for the worlds smallest super penis all the way from Asgard and teleport you immedietly....or LOB.

abhilegend
Ill just set Mjolnir to look for the worlds smallest super penis all the way from Asgard and teleport you immedietly....or LOB.
Because you need to replace yours with a vagina for being worthy?

Damborgson
What laughing out loud

Could be helpful I suppose

Digi
lol. Welp. This thread was fun while it lasted.

abhilegend
What laughing out loud

Could be helpful I suppose
Jane Thor dig.

thumb up

quanchi112
Jane Thor dig.

thumb up Better than cucking. smile

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
choose out of these three powers

Thor
Silver Surfer
Superman
Hal

Can you count?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Can you count?

Can you???

Carver clearly meant that we get the powers of Hal. Not GL. Hal Jordan....

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Can you count?

Dang!!! Didn't catch that. Rushing and typing at work.

beatboks
None of the 4.
If the options of Dr Sttamge, or Fate, Arion, shaman (alpha flight) etc were there I'd pick one of those.

Magic is always my fave

Digi
Originally posted by beatboks
None of the 4.
If the options of Dr Sttamge, or Fate, Arion, shaman (alpha flight) etc were there I'd pick one of those.

Magic is always my fave

GL is up there for me, period. Like, top 5 sub-Skyfather. Magic would be a good choice too, though.

Genii96
Surfer can synthesize magic tho

leonidas
depends--if by powers are transferred you mean i can use the ring as well as hal, i'd likely take the ring.

riv6672
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
But I don't care about other people's lives.

Plus I'd be immortal.
evilgrin
This is why i'm glad there are no super powers in the real world.

beatboks
Originally posted by Genii96
Surfer can synthesize magic tho

Magic has a mystique that surfer lacks.

Mystique = cool

"Id"
Originally posted by beatboks
Magic has a mystique that surfer lacks.

Mystique = cool or psionics sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.