Ghost of Tsushima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
MUz539AeC5Y

https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/30/sucker-punchs-next-game-is-ghost-of-tsushima/

This is a new IP from Sucker Punch. It's an open world stealth-action game. It looks great though I am getting kind of fatigued on open world games. Still the potential to make a fully stealth ninja build sounds damn amazing and would likely make it a day 1 buy from me. We'll see how this one develops

Nemesis X
At first I didn't care as samurai/ninja games set in the feudal era tend to come and go but knowing Sucker Punch is making this, I'm kind of hyped now. Haven't heard from that studio for so long, I feared the worst. Glad that's not the case. Love their games.

Kazenji
Cool

need a new stealth game set in feudal Japan after those Tenchu games have gone to shit.

BruceSkywalker
this looks freaking awesome

Arachnid1
This game is going to be one of Sony's big focuses at this years E3. I can't wait to see some gameplay. I want to see that ninja stealth in action.

Jmanghan
Best open-world feudal era games are the way of the samurai games.

Kazenji
^ Except those weren't stealth based games.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Except those weren't stealth based games. Yeah, but this isn't the first game to do something stealth-based in the feudal era either.

Smasandian
What???

Why are people assuming it's stealth based?

You play as a samurai, not a ninja and I'm pretty sure sumurai were part of battles and war.

Arachnid1
I was going off that article I linked in the OP.

Plus, the story is described as being about the last surviving samurai. Apparently all the other samurai are wiped out by the Mongols, so the sole survivor goes beyond the way of the samurai and fights back in an unconventional new method called the way of the Ghost. I figure that's just the game being self-aware and not referring to the main characters new method as the way of the ninja. Plus weren't real life ninjas just a bunch of farmers and civilians usually described as fighting back in unconventional and irregular ways? With a name like Ghost of Tsushima, it's hard to imagine the game is talking about anything else but stealth/ninja tactics.

NemeBro
Most ninjas historically were samurai.

BackFire
Either way, it'll probably have stealth options. Most open world games do these days.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I was going off that article I linked in the OP.

Plus, the story is described as being about the last surviving samurai. Apparently all the other samurai are wiped out by the Mongols, so the sole survivor goes beyond the way of the samurai and fights back in an unconventional new method called the way of the Ghost. I figure that's just the game being self-aware and not referring to the main characters new method as the way of the ninja. Plus weren't real life ninjas just a bunch of farmers and civilians usually described as fighting back in unconventional and irregular ways? With a name like Ghost of Tsushima, it's hard to imagine the game is talking about anything else but stealth/ninja tactics.

Yes I forgot about the name of the game.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Best open-world feudal era games are the way of the samurai games.

Those games were really fun, 1-3 we're all awesome. They kind of strayed from the formula on the 4th, I didn't like that one as much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.