Ghost of Tsushima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
MUz539AeC5Y

https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/30/sucker-punchs-next-game-is-ghost-of-tsushima/

This is a new IP from Sucker Punch. It's an open world stealth-action game. It looks great though I am getting kind of fatigued on open world games. Still the potential to make a fully stealth ninja build sounds damn amazing and would likely make it a day 1 buy from me. We'll see how this one develops

Nemesis X
At first I didn't care as samurai/ninja games set in the feudal era tend to come and go but knowing Sucker Punch is making this, I'm kind of hyped now. Haven't heard from that studio for so long, I feared the worst. Glad that's not the case. Love their games.

Kazenji
Cool

need a new stealth game set in feudal Japan after those Tenchu games have gone to shit.

BruceSkywalker
this looks freaking awesome

Arachnid1
This game is going to be one of Sony's big focuses at this years E3. I can't wait to see some gameplay. I want to see that ninja stealth in action.

Jmanghan
Best open-world feudal era games are the way of the samurai games.

Kazenji
^ Except those weren't stealth based games.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Except those weren't stealth based games. Yeah, but this isn't the first game to do something stealth-based in the feudal era either.

Smasandian
What???

Why are people assuming it's stealth based?

You play as a samurai, not a ninja and I'm pretty sure sumurai were part of battles and war.

Arachnid1
I was going off that article I linked in the OP.

Plus, the story is described as being about the last surviving samurai. Apparently all the other samurai are wiped out by the Mongols, so the sole survivor goes beyond the way of the samurai and fights back in an unconventional new method called the way of the Ghost. I figure that's just the game being self-aware and not referring to the main characters new method as the way of the ninja. Plus weren't real life ninjas just a bunch of farmers and civilians usually described as fighting back in unconventional and irregular ways? With a name like Ghost of Tsushima, it's hard to imagine the game is talking about anything else but stealth/ninja tactics.

NemeBro
Most ninjas historically were samurai.

BackFire
Either way, it'll probably have stealth options. Most open world games do these days.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I was going off that article I linked in the OP.

Plus, the story is described as being about the last surviving samurai. Apparently all the other samurai are wiped out by the Mongols, so the sole survivor goes beyond the way of the samurai and fights back in an unconventional new method called the way of the Ghost. I figure that's just the game being self-aware and not referring to the main characters new method as the way of the ninja. Plus weren't real life ninjas just a bunch of farmers and civilians usually described as fighting back in unconventional and irregular ways? With a name like Ghost of Tsushima, it's hard to imagine the game is talking about anything else but stealth/ninja tactics.

Yes I forgot about the name of the game.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Best open-world feudal era games are the way of the samurai games.

Those games were really fun, 1-3 we're all awesome. They kind of strayed from the formula on the 4th, I didn't like that one as much.

BruceSkywalker
i like this game... its gonna be awesome.. the style of gameplay i like

-Pr-
It has the EXACT kind of combat I've been wanting for years. It's almost enough to make me buy a PS4.

BackFire
Yeah this game looks great. Can't wait for it.

Kazenji
When i was watching the footage yesterday i immediately noticed that they used the 'Fear multi takedown' system from Arkham Knight for this game.

-Pr-
When i was watching the footage yesterday i immediately noticed that they used the 'Fear multi takedown' system from Arkham Knight for this game.

Yup. And the wall-takedown is very similar too.

BruceSkywalker

they had me as an advisor lol

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Smasandian
What???

Why are people assuming it's stealth based?

You play as a samurai, not a ninja and I'm pretty sure sumurai were part of battles and war.

https://i.imgur.com/wszIA2x.png

-Pr-
New trailer:

rTNfgIAi3pY

And a release date: June 26th 2020.

Arachnid1
I was hoping it would release a bit later to give me a reason to hold off for PS5. This game looks too good for my standard PS4

Khazra Reborn

-Pr-
If it's well-optimized, I honestly don't see an issue, but that's me.

Smasandian
Days Gone was pretty brutal on a regular PS4. It brought that system down pretty heavily. I can see the concern people have.

ares834
For the truly cultured:

1ENHA4Ue9Nw

This shit better have dual audio.

-Pr-
Days Gone was pretty brutal on a regular PS4. It brought that system down pretty heavily. I can see the concern people have.

I would imagine that kind of game in particular would be hell, but I really don't see this one being the same.

At least, I hope it's not.

Smasandian
Yeah it was. There was sometimes where it felt the PS4 went into single digit frames.

The game crashed a few times when it felt the PS4 was falling apart.

-Pr-
Ouch. You would think they'd know better.

cdtm

Then they're ripping people off.

The entire POINT of a console gurenteed playability. Yeah, every console dipped into the 20's and even high teens occasionally, but never single digits, and certainly never crashes.

And I don't CARE if they want to sell PS4 pros over the basic model. The base PS4 is CURRENT gen. To not support the bare bones basic model and optimize, optimise, optimize, is a slap in the face to their customers.

If this is how they do business, I may be done with Sony (I certainly do not plan to ever buy another MS system the way they behaved, so guess it's Nintendo or PC)

Smasandian
Meh, I had fun. It all depends on what you tolerate.

Microsoft Xbox division has done some stuff in the last few generations but you cannot say they are not the most consumer friendly gaming company at this moment.

Kazenji
I've heard the same thing with Control, It chugs when there's alot of things happening on screen with the normal PS4.

Smasandian
I don't think it's graphic that is making it slowdown considerably.
It's probably the ancient CPU it has that cannot make decisions fast enough for the AI driven hordes.

I will add that it only chugs when your driving around in certain areas. Once you get off your bike and start doing things...its fine.

And even though Days Gone is a pretty standard open world game...the hordes are awesome and terrifying. You spend 90% of the game scared of them because you can get ****ed up...once you are high level enough, it's an awesome experience.

Kazenji
Still they should be making these games for the base console and making sure it works good, Anything else is just extra.

-Pr-
Ur0pQblaZcE

I want it now.

RadZoa
Looks like a mediocre open world game...

Impediment
iWHOsefhSRM

I'm actually more hyped for this game that TLoU 2.

This looks absolutely stunning.

-Pr-
Yeah, the hype is real. I can't wait.

Arachnid1
The game looks great, but I'm so done with feudal Japan.

Smasandian
Yeah, it looks like another open world game that reminds me of Assassins Creed.
Doesn't mean it can't be great but I'm not seeing the hype.

The graphics do look pretty damn good, though.

Trocity
This game is so much f***ing fun. Absolutely loving it so far.

Beautiful game.

Impediment
I'm 16 hours into Ghost of Tsushima and am just now on Act II.

The side missions and random encounters can get a little repetitive, but the game play is smooth and challenging.

GoT is a deeply satisfying and beautiful game that honors Japanese history and culture.

As of now, I'm giving this a solid 9/10.

Newjak
I've been playing this game. Honestly some of the most fun I've had in a video game in awhile.

It has it's problems but I still just want to play as much of it as I can.

Impediment
It can get a tad repetitive, but it's a definite must play.

Newjak
Yeah and I think they do enough to keep the repetitive nature from overwhelming you.

The fast travel system makes it so easy to get that stuff out of the way.

Bro SMASH
Great game. I'm actually kind of hooked. The combat in the gameplay makes this very fun to play.

Plus, I like the idea of playing a character that's both a samurai and a ninja in a realistic way.

Insane Titan
The switching of stances during battle is a great mechanic in the game.

Impediment
Finally finished the game after 41 hours.

This was a great experience and I cannot wait time play on hard mode.

Newjak
Originally posted by Impediment
Finally finished the game after 41 hours.

This was a great experience and I cannot wait time play on hard mode. Such a fun game.

I'm interested what the route most people went for combat. Did you guys do the stealth kills more or the standoffs?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Newjak
Such a fun game.

I'm interested what the route most people went for combat. Did you guys do the stealth kills more or the standoffs?

Standoffs out in the world, but stealth in bases/camps.

Newjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
Standoffs out in the world, but stealth in bases/camps. I was similar. The stealth kills were a lot of fun.

-Pr-
They are. Once I actually read the tooltip and realised that upgrading the tanto made stealth kills better, I was flying.

Newjak
I got the upgrade that let you know when your stealth kill would alert other people. Made it so much easier to know when to strike

Impediment
I plan to play again on hard mode with Japanese dubs next play through.

Smasandian
Is it true that it rains/storms when you are sneaking into a compound
..I was reading somewhere that was the case?

Newjak
Is it true that it rains/storms when you are sneaking into a compound
..I was reading somewhere that was the case? The weather does change in the game although it's random for the most part. The game does give you a means to slightly control the weather for the atmosphere you want though. You do have to unlock different types of the weather you can change it to.

Smasandian
I thought I was crazy so a couple of searches later.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ghost-of-tsushima-changes-its-weather-depending-on/1100-6479889/

Interesting mechanic...might get annoying though.

Newjak
I thought I was crazy so a couple of searches later.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ghost-of-tsushima-changes-its-weather-depending-on/1100-6479889/

Interesting mechanic...might get annoying though. Oh cool I didn't even realize that. I love this game so much

-Pr-
I like storms, so I went out of my way to make them happen as much as possible.

Newjak
I like storms, so I went out of my way to make them happen as much as possible. I may have climbed some really high places just to call up some storms and take badass pictures

-Pr-
thumb up

Newjak
Great game aside were there anything you guys would have liked more of or could have been done better?

For me the enemies did seem to get a bit repetitive over time.

And the world did feel a little bit empty at time.

Also archers sucks.

-Pr-
The one thing I wanted most was a kind of "loadout" option. With the press of a button, Jin's gear would change to the archery amour and charms, if that makes sense. Having to manually equip each thing got tiring after a while.

Newjak
The one thing I wanted most was a kind of "loadout" option. With the press of a button, Jin's gear would change to the archery amour and charms, if that makes sense. Having to manually equip each thing got tiring after a while. oh yeah that would have been awesome to be able to quickly change to a laid out for a certain circumstance you wanted.

Changing out charms was enough of a pain I just stopped doing it after awhile unless whatever I got was just better than something pre-existing

-Pr-
The only charm I never took out was the Inari one that increased the number of supplies you picked up.

Newjak
Yeah I liked that one.

I also wish there had been a few more one on one duels.

-Pr-
I've only done a handful of them so far for the mythical quests or whatever you call it. I enjoyed them, so yeah, definitely.

Newjak
Yeah I enjoyed the mythic quests.

How far in game did you make it cause I thought you were done?

Trocity
Really hoping they add New Game+. On my playthrough, I beat the game on hard. Really want to do a lethal playthrough with Kurosawa mode activated and japanese voices with english subtitles. I really don't feel like farming all my cool gear again though, especially since most of the cool shit is later on in the game.

The multiplayer that they are adding soon sounds neat as well.

Newjak
Originally posted by Trocity
Really hoping they add New Game+. On my playthrough, I beat the game on hard. Really want to do a lethal playthrough with Kurosawa mode activated and japanese voices with english subtitles. I really don't feel like farming all my cool gear again though, especially since most of the cool shit is later on in the game.

The multiplayer that they are adding soon sounds neat as well. Oh yeah the co-op multiplayer stuff does sound fun

Impediment
I did my fair share of stand-offs while on the main roads, but I Ghosted the shit out of the compounds and forts.

-Pr-
Yeah I enjoyed the mythic quests.

How far in game did you make it cause I thought you were done?

I got to act 2, but ended up starting the game again because I felt like i'd screwed up the upgrading.

Newjak
I got to act 2, but ended up starting the game again because I felt like i'd screwed up the upgrading. Ah okay.

I had everything unlocked by the end of the game by the way.

-Pr-
Ah okay.

I had everything unlocked by the end of the game by the way.

Nice. I felt like I probably would, but I still wanted to do them in a certain order.

cdtm
Was interested, until I learned they made the awful Sly Cooper and Infamous games.

Probably still would buy if I had a PS4. Looks good, if not exactly ground breaking in any way (I mean, a lot of games let you do just about everything you can do in this game, and some do it better..)

Newjak
Nice. I felt like I probably would, but I still wanted to do them in a certain order. Yeah that's fair I do think certain abilities are just plain better. Especially depending on your style.

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
Was interested, until I learned they made the awful Sly Cooper and Infamous games.

Probably still would buy if I had a PS4. Looks good, if not exactly ground breaking in any way (I mean, a lot of games let you do just about everything you can do in this game, and some do it better..)

I really, really like the combat. I love the setting, and the story is pretty interesting imo. In a nutshell, all those times people asked for an Assassin's Creed in feudal Japan? This is it. But better than Ubisoft would have done it anyway.

Honestly, it would be my GOTY if FF7R didn't exist.

I liked Infamous. Wasn't spectacular, but I wouldn't call it awful.

Yeah that's fair I do think certain abilities are just plain better. Especially depending on your style.

Yeah exaclty. I wanted to make sure I got the likes of the chain assassination and proper parrying earlier.

Newjak
Yeah this game is just fun. It may not be revolutionary but it does so much so we'll.

Kelly_Bean
Just reached 100% achievement this morning.
One of the best games I've had the privilege of playing.

-Pr-
Yeah this game is just fun. It may not be revolutionary but it does so much so we'll.

It just shows how important presentation is.

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Just reached 100% achievement this morning.
One of the best games I've had the privilege of playing.

Nice thumb up

Impediment
Major update today for NG+ and co-op multiplayer modes.

Trocity
Been looking forward to this. Game is currently updating, can't wait.

jaden_2.0
So I'm finally playing this. Think I'm about 1/3 of the way in. It has some great aspects and some not so great.

Really enjoy the duals and I like a lot of the side quests, both the single ones and the multiple mission ones. The shrines and haiku and fox dens things can be frustratingly time consuming and repetitive. The characterisation is pretty weak at least up until this point. Certainly when compared to the likes of Red Dead 2, The Witcher III, The Last of Us 2. Although it's better than AC: Odyssey. Probably on par with AC: Origins for that aspect.

Graphically it's a bit odd. On the one hand you have fantastic looking areas like the golden forest particularly at sunrise and sunset then you have some of the worst looking water effects I've seen in this console generation, especially at the coast. The water and waves are laughably bad.

Trocity
Multiplayer has been pretty addictive. It's grinding for better gear and loot but I just enjoy this game so it doesn't feel like a chore. The story mode co-op missions are neat, I like the narration and style that they chose to go with. I haven't done a raid or anything yet but I am really enjoying it.

It's funny, when I beat the single player campaign months ago, I loved all the customizable items you can find but I kept thinking "man, what this game is missing are some cool Oni masks" and sure enough, the Assassin class masks are largely oni masks.

Cool game.

Impediment
Is anyone getting the DLC on 8-20?

I, personally, am excited AF.

-Pr-

I, personally, am excited AF.

I plan to get it eventually as I love the game, just planning to wait until I see if I can get a PS5 around Christmas time.

Adam Grimes

I, personally, am excited AF. I pre-ordered it. Couldn't wait anymore and started the main game yesterday lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.