3C of warming predicted to leave world cities underwater

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/nov/03/miami-shanghai-3c-warming-cities-underwaterNo need to panic though, in the words of Ben Shapiro, they can just move. sad

jaden101
It's already happening in Miami. They get flooded on days with no rain. Yet still Florida votes in climate change deniers. Hilarious.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by jaden101
It's already happening in Miami. They get flooded on days with no rain. Yet still Florida votes in climate change deniers. Hilarious.

Oh, Trumpers... I'd agree it's hilarious except... for the future.

Surtur
Awful.

Robtard

I think they believe they can pretend it all away.

Robtard
Originally posted by Beniboybling
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/nov/03/miami-shanghai-3c-warming-cities-underwaterNo need to panic though, in the words of Ben Shapiro, they can just move. sad

Wait, but if it's not actually happening and it's just "Leftist scare propaganda", why would they need to move at all?

Surtur
Lol I've never heard of Ben's "they can just move" comment. Was this something said sarcastically or was it something he presented as a serious argument? Given his history it's hard to believe he'd say something like that and be serious, but since I can't claim to have heard every single thing he has done I can't be sure.

Beniboybling
Yes he did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZNu3GRI3H4&t=5m40s

And given his history as a complete moron, no one should be surprised. sad

Originally posted by Robtard
Wait, but if it's not actually happening and it's just "Leftist scare propaganda", why would they need to move at all? You are right, there is no need to do anything at all.

Surtur
Yes he did:

You are right, there is no need to do anything at all.

I'm confused as to why you think what he said was bad. He wasn't sarcastic, but he wasn't coldly going "they can just move". What he actually says is that if the predictions are true this won't be some tsunami of water that happens all at once, and he says "don't you think people would pick up and move away?" and then he talks about how he has faith in humanity to deal with such a problem.

In other words: he is saying if this does happen he doesn't think people would just sit around and slowly be consumed by this water, they would leave the area.

And Rob: your question is answered as well with the actual comment. Ben was speaking about a hypothetical situation and what would happen if the predictions were true.

Beniboybling
He underplays the problem of hundreds of millions of people displaced even over the course of a hundred years as essentially non-actionable, nor appears to grasp the fact that one massive coast consuming tsunami isn't necessary to cause mass death (which modern day flooding already causes), all while living in a fantasy bubble where everybody threatened by the prospect of sea-level rises lives in suburban America.

He is a clown. But keeping sucking. laughing out loud

Surtur
He underplays the problem of hundreds of millions of people displaced even over the course of a hundred years as essentially non-actionable, nor appears to grasp the fact that one massive coast consuming tsunami isn't necessary to cause mass death (which modern day flooding already causes), all while living in a fantasy bubble where everybody threatened by the prospect of sea-level rises lives in suburban America.

Keeping sucking? Lol...but he never said he didn't grasp the things you suggest. His comment more or less boiled down to the fact he has faith in humanity to persevere in the face of a disaster like you're describing. He doesn't say "it'll be easy, just leave!".

Robtard

Bingo.

It's basically: "It's not happening, it's a Leftist lie. But if it does, though it's not, but if, who really cares."

A lazy assholish washing-of-hands outlook similar to the: "Earth belongs to God, so we don't have to worry about it."

Surtur
Okay, so at this point you guys hear only what you want to hear lol. I'm not going to bother further.

snowdragon
Bingo.

It's basically: "It's not happening, it's a Leftist lie. But if it does, though it's not, but if, who really cares."

It's a lazy assholish washing-of-hands look similar to the: "Earth belongs to God, so we don't have to worry about it."

Hey at least he acknowledged they have to sell their houses.....(to someone that apparently wants fish in their living rooms.)

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Surtur
Okay, so at this point you guys hear only what you want to hear lol. I'm not going to bother further. laughing out loud

Even Surt can't defend this clown. sad

Kurk
Climate change may suck, but I'm going to continue to fantasize about the day when I have enough money to afford one of these:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--7-WLGdGz--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18v3adnvxv7afjpg.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mhtM_NodiTU/maxresdefault.jpg

phase out coal factories, do carbon credits, whatever, BUT YOU'RE NOT TAKING AWAY MY INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES!!!

The best way to stop wasting energy is to stop with the planned obsolescence ingrained in our society!

Robtard
Yes he did:

You are right, there is no need to do anything at all.

That was very embarrassing, I lost a lot of respect for Shapiro. He used silly scare tactics that no one supports "what are we going to do, all stop driving!?". No Ben, that's not the argument anyone serious has made, but implementing protocols to ween societies depending off of green house causing sources and lowering pollution in incremental steps is.

The fact that China, one the the worst polluters with a history of going "f--k you!" to environmental concerns is now positioning itself to be the global leader in solar energy technology in the next decade for themselves and sellers of said technology should be a huge tip. The US could have had that, but Trump apparently believes coal is the future.

ArtificialGlory
That was very embarrassing, I lost a lot of respect for Shapiro. He used silly scare tactics that no one supports "what are we going to do, all stop driving!?". No Ben, that's not the argument anyone serious has made, but implementing protocols to ween societies depending off of green house causing sources and lowering pollution in incremental steps is.

The fact that China, one the the worst polluters with a history of going "f--k you!" to environmental concerns is now positioning itself to be the global leader in solar energy technology in the next decade for themselves and sellers of said technology should be a huge tip. The US could have had that, but Trump apparently believes coal is the future.
But my clean coal!

Flyattractor
Okay, so at this point you guys hear only what you want to hear lol. I'm not going to bother further.

laughing out loud

Even Surt can't defend this clown. sad

And to Quote Robbie...

Bingo.

And I say let em all move to the EU an UK. They don't have Borders so there they can go.

Beny is a Rich Person. He will have PLENTY OF ROOM TO SHARE!

Robtard
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
But my clean coal!

It literally makes no sense, even if you're retarded and actually do 100% believe mad-made climate change due to pollution is a "Leftist lie!", you'd think the prospect of being at the head of a product that will soon be ubiquitous in every corner of the world would have triggered his supposed "greatest" business acumen into acting

Kurk
Can we bring up the real issue which is overpopulation?

ArtificialGlory
It literally makes no sense, even if you're retarded and actually do 100% believe mad-made climate change due to pollution is a "Leftist lie!", you'd think the prospect of being at the head of a product that will soon be ubiquitous in every corner of the world would have triggered his supposed "greatest" business acumen into acting
It seems to me that Trump's business acumen lies in marketing, showbiz, and real estate. When it comes to actually pioneering stuff, someone like Elon Musk has Trump beat by light years.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Kurk
Can we bring up the real issue which is overpopulation? I hear that and mass flooding go great together. sad

Flyattractor
I hear that and mass flooding go great together. sad

Just Think of it as Population Control Via Late Term Hydro Abortion.

RHaggis
Well... hopefully London goes first. smile

Beniboybling
uhuh

Robtard
Bah, you guys can just sell your London beach houses and move or something. No worries.

Flyattractor
Beny is a Evil Rich Person. He can just get a Penthouse.

Kurk

Robtard
We're not in a drought anymore... There's also a slew of desalination plants being built. But if it makes you feel better, I live within 8miles of the pacific coast.

ps It's lovely smile

Steve Zodiac
Bah, you guys can just sell your London beach houses and move or something. No worries. I'm safe from flooding here I am, we could do with some water here.

Flyattractor
We're not in a drought anymore... There's also a slew of desalination plants being built. But if it makes you feel better, I live within 8miles of the pacific coast.

ps It's lovely smile

Gee. I seem to recall some Climate Change Scientists saying that Califunny would NEVER get rain again?!

How did they get that wrong?

Foxsteak
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Gee. I seem to recall some Climate Change Scientists saying that Califunny would NEVER get rain again?!

How did they get that wrong? Because they're over priveleged retards who don't realised they're working for corporate jews?

Kurk

ps It's lovely smile Enjoying that high-cost of living?

Robtard
Enjoying that high-cost of living?

You sound jealous.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Foxsteak
Because they're over priveleged retards who don't realised they're working for corporate jews?

Well it is Hollywood.

Kurk
You sound jealous. I would only be interested in the Bay Area. And that's only if I got a kick-ass software developer job at Qualicomm or something. Even then, a high-salary would be negated by the ridiculous taxes and cost of living. Plus I wouldn't be able to own a panther-body with all of the ridiculous emissions restrictions and BS; not to mention rush hour traffic and city parking in a V8 sick

Robtard
I would only be interested in the Bay Area. And that's only if I got a kick-ass software developer job at Qualicomm or something. Even then, a high-salary would be negated by the ridiculous taxes and cost of living. Plus I wouldn't be able to own a panther-body with all of the ridiculous emissions restrictions and BS; not to mention rush hour traffic and city parking in a V8 sick

Easy, buddy, slow your roll. I live in the Bay Area and Qualcomm in not here, that's way down in San Diego.

You have this weird notion that everyone here drives a Prius which run on farts. Not the case. While California has the highest emissions standards in the US (and this is a good thing), basically all cars meet those standards. There's plenty of cars from 1975 and upwards still on the road, as they're grandfathered to emissions standards of their specific era. ie a 1987 car doesn't have to meet the same emissions standards of a 2017 car. The tests are even different. eg Before I got ride of my 1997 Montero (I regret doing so), the last smog check it had was still an old fashioned tailpipe "sniffer", none of the real-road testing via dyno modern cars need to pass today in California.

dadudemon
Enjoying that high-cost of living?

Robtard and his wife are rich.

I don't believe them when they say they are not rich.

RHaggis
Because they're over priveleged retards who don't realised they're working for corporate jews?

The goyim are on to us!!! mad

Robtard
Stop fibbing, DDM

dadudemon
You have this weird notion that everyone here drives a Prius which run on farts.

I wish they did. My Prius' tank would always be full because I am always having a farty party. Farted while typing this post, too.

Edit - Clarification: I do not own a Prius.

dadudemon
Stop fibbing, DDM

Facts don't lie. You can even afford to take good care of your children. You're rich.

Flyattractor
Why did Robbie not abort all his children like a good Leftist?

dadudemon
Why did Robbie not abort all his children like a good Leftist?

Because he's a centrist, not a leftist. According to him, I'm more liberal than he is.

He's identified as a moderate since 2008, from what I know of his posts on KMC.

Flyattractor
OH He is also a FIBBER!

dadudemon
OH He is also a FIBBER!

Earliest quote I can find of him saying he's a moderate:

This is really nothing new, not saying it's good, as religious groups rarely have my best interest in mind (being a moderate and agnostic), but it is what it is.

So he's not fibbing.

He's been consistent on this for years. It's just that arguing against people in a sea of "butt Hillary'z e-males!" can make him seem like an American Leftist. You have to get out of your echo-chambers to see what a real American Moderate looks like.

Flyattractor
I don't buy his FIBBERY!

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Earliest quote I can find of him saying he's a moderate:

So he's not fibbing.

He's been consistent on this for years. It's just that arguing against people in a sea of "butt Hillary'z e-males!" can make him seem like an American Leftist. You have to get out of your echo-chambers to see what a real American Moderate looks like.

Seems I was the inventor of "sad" at the end of sentence. Trump owes me royalties.

cdtm
Originally posted by RHaggis
The goyim are on to us!!! mad

He said "corporate" jews. stick out tongue

Foxsteak
Originally posted by RHaggis
The goyim are on to us!!! mad ayyyyy

ArtificialGlory
ayyyyy
The goyim will rise again! Blood and soil, blood and soil!

Raisen
Originally posted by dadudemon
Robtard and his wife are rich.

I don't believe them when they say they are not rich.

why do you think he's rich?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Raisen
why do you think he's rich?

Because he has kids and lives an one of the most expensive places in the US. AND he is not posting or asking for money.

Foxsteak
Originally posted by Raisen
why do you think he's rich? He gets money from when drug dealers **** his wife.

Beniboybling
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/nov/03/climate-change-report-us-government-contradicts-trump

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/chapter/executive-summary/

Looks like we really are going to have to sell those beach houses. sad

jaden101

Beniboybling
Right, the World Economic Forum have described it as the biggest potential threat to the global economy right now. It could cost the planet around $2.5 trillion, and in a worst case scenario wreck the entire economy.

But on the other hand windmills are expensive. no expression

cdtm
CT's fuel cell plants were money well spent.

Then again it's CT. America's business meat grinder.

Surtur
GC_mV1IpjWA

jaden101
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-environment-adviser-air-too-clean-pollution-good-health-pruitt-phalen-a8033881.html

LOL.

Beniboybling
"The relative risks associated with modern are very small and confounded by many factors," Mr Phalen wrote in a 2004 study. "Neither toxicology studies nor human clinical investigations have identified the components and/or characteristics of that might be causing the health-effect associations."

Mr Phalen has asserted that air is currently too clean, because children's lungs need to breathe irritants so their bodies can learn how to fight them. "Modern air," he said in 2012, "is a little too clean for optimum health."

Oh lordie, how disgustingly stupid can you be.

Surtur
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-environment-adviser-air-too-clean-pollution-good-health-pruitt-phalen-a8033881.html

LOL.

LMAO!

Foxsteak
LMAO! That is satire, right?

Rockydonovang
this kind of sh!t has been getting seriously undercovered.

dadudemon
"The relative risks associated with modern are very small and confounded by many factors," Mr Phalen wrote in a 2004 study. "Neither toxicology studies nor human clinical investigations have identified the components and/or characteristics of that might be causing the health-effect associations."

Mr Phalen has asserted that air is currently too clean, because children's lungs need to breathe irritants so their bodies can learn how to fight them. "Modern air," he said in 2012, "is a little too clean for optimum health."

Oh lordie, how disgustingly stupid can you be.

Hmmm...

That's a mixture of pseudoscience and inappropriately used science. It feels like he's getting the idea from "antibacterial soap is weakening our immune systems" and applying it to lung irritants.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=118140&page=1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.