Lord of the Rings tv series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lord-of-the-rings-amazon-1202606519/

Bashar Teg
okay that was attempt #2 and i got thread glitched again, i give up.

Surtur
I'm gonna be nice and help you out: do not paste the title into the title box. Type it out.

Surtur
Also: this is lame. These folk do know there are other stories in that universe besides the tale about the ring, right?

Impediment
Fixed the title because OP can’t even do that right.

SMH.

Surtur
Like I said before...there are other stories to tackle. Gimme some 1st age shiznit.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Impediment
Fixed the title because OP can’t even do that right.

SMH.

thanks uhuh

Patient_Leech
There's already like 9+ hours worth of movies for LotR.

And even if it's done well I don't think it would have nearly the same amount of intrigue as Game of Thrones.

Surtur
They could tell the story of Morgoth. It would be cool to see Feanor.

carthage
I'm up for it, but it will probably spend years in development he'll before we get anything due to rights wrangling with the Tolkiens

Rebel95
If they do a new story and if it's done well this could be pretty sweet

Firefly218
Originally posted by Surtur
They could tell the story of Morgoth. It would be cool to see Feanor. The Silmarillion could possibly be done

cdtm
Watch this be nothing but "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil", and other characters no one ever asked to learn about or care for.

ares834

ares834

Lord Lucien
I hope "preceding Fellowship" doesn't mean the years just immediately before the War of the Ring. I can't imagine anyone wants to watch the exact same characters, played by younger actors, go off on adventures that the writers have to make-up, like the Shadow of Mordor games. Actually no, there's probably too many people who wouldn't discern that huge drop in quality.

But I would watch with glee a Rome-style gritty imagining of The Sexy Adventures of Tom Bombadil.

BruceSkywalker
interesting

ares834
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I hope "preceding Fellowship" doesn't mean the years just immediately before the War of the Ring. I can't imagine anyone wants to watch the exact same characters, played by younger actors, go off on adventures that the writers have to make-up, like the Shadow of Mordor games. Actually no, there's probably too many people who wouldn't discern that huge drop in quality.

But I would watch with glee a Rome-style gritty imagining of The Sexy Adventures of Tom Bombadil.

Awhile back the Amazon CEO said he wanted a GoT-style show. If I had to guess, I'm assuming this will deal with the fall of Arnor or perhaps the kinstrife and other events of Gondor history. Either of them would allow for political intrigue and the like.

Lord Lucien
That's gonna require the invention of personal storylines, characters, characters arcs, dialogue, and plot that don't come from a Tolkien place. Nailing that down is gonna be super hard. GoT-style... f*ck. How many rewrites of the pilot episode are gonna have the word 'f*ck' in it? Or some t*ts. Or some really shitty, forced, uninteresting drama between sexy elf A and sexy man B? No wait, that was the Hobbit...

F*ck they're gonna just copy the Hobbit.

Impediment
Ancalagon the Black would be cool to see.

BackFire
I'm kind of excited about this. Could be very cool if done right. That's a big if, though.

Firefly218
Wow if this is actually happening I'm amped.

It will ultimately all depend on if they hire the right creative team to spearhead the project. Gotta get the best in the business to not fuk this up.

ares834
So Christopher resigned as the head of the Tolkien Estate.

Suddenly, everything is explained.

Lord Lucien
Who's in charge now? Oh God, it's Kathleen Kennedy isn't it? We've given you enough Kate, what more can you want?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.