Order By Speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
No teleporting

Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Sabertooth
Beast
Spiderman
Hulk

Stoic
If it came down to who could move from point A to point B (let's say a 100 mile dash), the Hulk beats anyone here.

Hulk
Spider Man
Beast
Sabretooth
Night Crawler
Wolverine

CosmicComet
I would put Beast at the bottom.

He is good at nothing but flipping around and swinging from poles and tree branches.

Ask him to do anything more than that and he might KO himself.

RealityWarper
That's roughly the same for everyone.

The difference in the trained reflexes, combat experience and special senses.

cdtm
3. Nightcrawler
4. Wolverine
5. Sabertooth
2. Beast
1. Spiderman
6. Hulk

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
4. Wolverine
5. Sabertooth

You'd have been right... if we had discussed the 90s cartoon universe.

CosmicComet
In the 90s cartoon Wolverine said he was faster than Sabretooth right?

StiltmanFTW
Yes.

1min35s

24VmSE_8_38

You always were slower than me.

CosmicComet
Wolverines fights against flesh and blood opponents always made me laugh in that show.

*pulls out claws* *never uses them*

StiltmanFTW
Yeah. Same with Evolution and WATXM...

Funnily enough, Sabretooth DID cut him and Logan's wounds were shown.

leonidas
totally depends on what type of speed we're measuring. if it's a footrace hulk kills everyone. after that it's tougher but probably:

sabes
spidey
logan
beast
nc

if it's combat style speed, more like:

spidey
sabes
logan
beast
nc
hulk

a couple good speed showings in the last couple years does not negate the VAST majority of the hulk's history. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
totally depends on what type of speed we're measuring.

thumb up

Originally posted by leonidas

beast
nc

While Beast is not as lame as Vs threads portray him as, I'm not sure if he's faster than Kurt.

He *should* be --- got arguably better training, more experience, more upgrades (which *should* result in better stats), doesn't rely on teleportation, but in the end? I'm not convinced.

-Pr-
Kurt never really struck me as much of a sprinter. If they're on foot or using trees or whatever, I could see Beast being faster.

StiltmanFTW
But what about combat speed?

-Pr-
I wouldn't say there's much between them. If you're gonna pick one, Kurt would be the safe pick, but tbh, a lot of his quickness comes down to his teleportation.

TethAdamTheRock
Pure running speed

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
I wouldn't say there's much between them. If you're gonna pick one, Kurt would be the safe pick, but tbh, a lot of his quickness comes down to his teleportation.

Yeah, that'd take away a lot of his feats.

While his tele is not instantaneous, it definitely helps a lot.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Pure running speed

Okay, that makes it simpler.

Hulk had great feats as a sprinter in Ang Lee's movie and in the Ultimate Universe, but in 616? I don't recall.

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Okay, that makes it simpler.

Hulk had great feats as a sprinter in Ang Lee's movie and in the Ultimate Universe, but in 616? I don't recall.

He was always said to have the strongest legs in Marvel among Earth based characters.

This really comes down to strength to weight ratios. The Hulk would beat any of them with ease. Wolverine is likely the slowest because of his skeleton. Without it, I'd put him in 3rd or 4th.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stoic
He was always said to have the strongest legs in Marvel among Earth based characters.

But what are his running feats in 616...?

This really comes down to strength to weight ratios. The Hulk would beat any of them with ease. Wolverine is likely the slowest because of his skeleton. Without it, I'd put him in 3rd or 4th.

Wolverine has far better feats, though.

Stoic
But what are his running feats in 616...?

Wolverine has far better feats, though.

Running speed feats? As recently as 2 to 3 yrs ago the Hulk was doing his best Flash impersonation while running up a dirt road. He was easily clocked at being near or better than 10X faster than Logan. It wouldn't make any sense for Logan or any of these guys to be faster than him, just like it wouldn't make much sense for Hank to be able to sprint s fast as Spider Man. Just think about how easily it is for the Hulk to lift 215Lbs.

leonidas
http://i.imgur.com/w6Ml8sI.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145389/3268199-2742319971-32112.jpg

the green blur in the last panel is hulk.

http://i.imgur.com/WPkZ3Pu.jpg

but those are all from nearly the same time frame and don't even reflect current hulk, tbh, based on history, i'm not even sure he should be number one but more than likely even without those scans he could straight outrun anyone here.

StiltmanFTW
Running speed feats? As recently as 2 to 3 yrs ago the Hulk was doing his best Flash impersonation while running up a dirt road. He was easily clocked at being near or better than 10X faster than Logan. It wouldn't make any sense for Logan or any of these guys to be faster than him, just like it wouldn't make much sense for Hank to be able to sprint s fast as Spider Man. Just think about how easily it is for the Hulk to lift 215Lbs.

You mean the Indestructible Hulk run?

Stoic
You mean the Indestructible Hulk run?

Yeah that's the one. Even so, no one should even argue that any of these guys are nearly as fast as the Hulk in terms of a foot race. Logically speaking, or in terms of strength to weight ratios... That alone should be the determining factor here. Night Crawler or Wolverine should be near the bottom. Wolverine would move up a couple pegs without the skeleton. Keeping in mind that we aren't discussing agility. They all beat the Hulk in agility.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah that's the one. Even so, no one should even argue that any of these guys are nearly as fast as the Hulk in terms of a foot race. Logically speaking, or in terms of strength to weight ratios... That alone should be the determining factor here. Night Crawler or Wolverine should be near the bottom. Wolverine would move up a couple pegs without the skeleton. Keeping in mind that we aren't discussing agility. They all beat the Hulk in agility.

Again, what feats Hulk has sans that run?

Wolverine has an adaptive healing factor enhancing all of his attributes, the added weight of the adamantium skeleton means shit to him at this point. Early in his career it did, but he was still shown swimming, sprinting, lifting and doing all sort of shit then.

-Pr-
Yeah, that'd take away a lot of his feats.

While his tele is not instantaneous, it definitely helps a lot.

Pretty much, yeah.

Wolverine's has an adaptive healing factor enhancing all of his attributes, the added weight of the adamantium skeleton means shit to him at this point. Early in his career it did, but he was still shown swimming, sprinting, lifting and doing all sort of shit then.

lol, I never expected this to be relevant (0:58):

mhko3m7D6UA

Stoic

Wolverine has an adaptive healing factor enhancing all of his attributes, the added weight of the adamantium skeleton means shit to him at this point. Early in his career it did, but he was still shown swimming, sprinting, lifting and doing all sort of shit then.

Feats and facts are two different things though. One should not allow a person to ignore the other. The Hulk doesn't usually run across terrain he jumps, but this is not to say that he isn't far faster than any of these guys in a foot race. What we saw during Indestructible knocks it out of the ballpark. By all means though, you can argue who the fastest is among the rest, but the Hulk is so much faster by that showing alone that he shouldn't even be included here.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
lol, I never expected this to be relevant (0:58):

mhko3m7D6UA

One of the only times the added weight of the adamantium skeleton was said to significantly decrease one's mobility was Romulus --- who has been KO'd by Logan, underwater, shortly after having his skeleton laced with adamantium. And getting 8 claws implants.

The "Hulk running fast" thing started with the Ang Lee's film and barely any writer wanted to explore it further.

StiltmanFTW
Feats and facts are two different things though. One should not allow a person to ignore the other. The Hulk doesn't usually run across terrain he jumps, but this is not to say that he isn't far faster than any of these guys in a foot race. What we saw during Indestructible knocks it out of the ballpark. By all means though, you can argue who the fastest is among the rest, but the Hulk is so much faster by that showing alone that he shouldn't even be included here.

Facts? Those are comic books.

What if Hulk just jumped in a straight line against his targets and Waid just didn't mention that, huh?

-Pr-
One of the only times the added weight of the adamantium skeleton was said to significantly decrease one's mobility was Romulus --- who has been KO'd by Logan, underwater, shortly after having his skeleton laced with adamantium. And getting 8 claws implants.

The "Hulk running fast" thing started with the Ang Lee's film and barely any writer wanted to explore it further.

Fine, ruin my post. sad

Stoic
Facts? Those are comic books.

What if Hulk just jumped in a straight line against his targets and Waid just didn't mention that, huh?

Jumping is actually just another form of running though if you want to be technical about it. In actuality, all class 100 characters aside from guys like the Thing or perhaps Guido should be able to run above 300-600 MPH.

h1a8
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
No teleporting

Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Sabertooth
Beast
Spiderman
Hulk

Fastest to Slowest
Spidey
Beast
Wolverine
Sabertooth
Nightcrawler
Hulk

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Fastest to Slowest
Spidey
Beast
Wolverine
Sabertooth
Nightcrawler
Hulk

You should go back and look at your past posts on how fast you said the Hulk was. I thought that we agreed that jumping is just another form of running? In that case, the Hulk has covered 3 miles in 6 seconds.

h1a8
You should go back and look at your past posts on how fast you said the Hulk was. I thought that we agreed that jumping is just another form of running? In that case, the Hulk has covered 3 miles in 6 seconds.

I used Many criterion for speed (top running speed is just one of the many aspects of speed). Hulk can run fast but it takes him relatively a long time to reach those speeds. Spidey can zip from one side of a room to the other before Hulk can blink. Spidey has outrun a bullet.

Anyway, I used mostly fighting speed (speed of maneuvering in a confine area, thinking, reacting, limb movements, etc). Hulk can jump and run fast (after building up speed). But his fighting speed is below everyone here.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
I used Many criterion for speed (top running speed is just one of the many aspects of speed). Hulk can run fast but it takes him relatively a long time to reach those speeds. Spidey can zip from one side of a room to the other before Hulk can blink. Spidey has outrun a bullet.

Anyway, I used mostly fighting speed (speed of maneuvering in a confine area, thinking, reacting, limb movements, etc). Hulk can jump and run fast (after building up speed). But his fighting speed is below everyone here.

It's a foot race though. Not to mention that the Hulk isn't a freight train. He in fact has far greater burst speeds than any on the list which naturally comes from having far greater strength in comparison to his weight.

krisblaze
Hulk is a hundred times faster than any of these guys.

Board Walker
Bone claw wolverine would be 1st

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.