Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Sequel is set in stone so lets get this thread started, 2019 July I believe is the release date

Firefly218

TethAdamTheRock
Is the new Venom in MCU?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Is the new Venom in MCU?

who??

anyways, loved Homecoming so now can't wait to see the sequel

Darth Thor
Really not interested in Mysterious. Want Kraven and/Scorpion.

Lead up to a 3rd film with a much awaited rebooted Dr. Octopus.

carthage
It's Most likely Scorpion

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Really not interested in Mysterious.

You don't even know names of those villains, lol.

Kill yourself, DT.

Darth Thor
^ Why would I kill myself after Thor Just gave Hulk such an ass whooping?

StiltmanFTW
Hulk has tanked the best of Thor's strikes and kept coming at him, lol.

Papa Odin needed to save his boy's life twice in the same film laughing out loud

Darth Thor

StiltmanFTW
Must be hard being a thorbag after all those years of getting smashed laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hulk has tanked the best of Thor's strikes and kept coming at him, lol.

Papa Odin needed to save his boy's life twice in the same film laughing out loud D. Thor said he'd admit Hulk if he withstood the lightning which he doubted Thor was capable of without the hammer. He had no faith in a hammerless Thor.

Arachnid1
I would be super happy with Mysterio, Scorpion, or Kingpin with a super powered henchmen. It sucks we'll have to wait until 2019 though

Firefly218
Really not interested in Mysterious. Want Kraven and/Scorpion.

Lead up to a 3rd film with a much awaited rebooted Dr. Octopus. The appeal of Mysterio is that we think he's doing REAL magic. Spidey has to do some detective work to figure out how to get past his tricks and delusions.

Inhuman
What I hate is that these new Spider-Man movies can't have access to all of Spider-Man's villain roster, because of those dumb Sony villain spin off movies.

Kazenji
Michael Mando should kill the role of Scorpion if that's the direction that they're going.

Firefly218
I saw it suggested once and Luke Perry is the ultimate casting for Kraven the Hunter, if they do go that route

Darth Thor

Firefly218

Darth Thor

Arachnid1

Darth Thor
Could literally be anyone. Would love it to be Ock, but I believe Feige has stated somewhere it will be a villain we havent seen yet on the big screen.

Just hope this is >>> Homecoming.

Mindset
It's way past time to have Kraven.

Impediment
Scorpion seems like a likely contender for the next villain.

StiltmanFTW
And Vulture might eventually reappear, too.

steverules_2
I'd say scorpion considering Mac Gargan was in HC but who knows

Arachnid1
Could literally be anyone. Would love it to be Ock, but I believe Feige has stated somewhere it will be a villain we havent seen yet on the big screen.IDK it's seems kind of difficult to match a lot of Spidey's villains to globetrotting without changing everything about them. Most of them are low life thugs who operate out of NY. Then again, they changed everything about Vulture and gave him a clever new way of fitting the name, so I'm sure Marvel could pull it off.

Originally posted by Mindset
It's way past time to have Kraven. Yeah, agreed. He's probably the least out there villain Spidey has, so he can't be too hard to translate. I'm just wondering how they'd explain him being able to fight with Spidey evenly (assuming he's not an enhanced human). They could just go all in on the hunting, traps, and maybe poison/hallucinogens to even the playing field. With the Kravenoff fortune, his narrow focus on hunting Spidey, and the fact that he's never shown up in a Spidey movie before, he really seems like the most likely fit.

Chameleon could fit too if they give him a worldwide espionage/spy for hire type story, but that would require a lot of coincidences to have Spidey on a field trip everywhere he hits. Plus, I don't think Chameleon could carry a movie by himself.

TheOneFirestorm
I really hope Shocker has the damn protection suit.

I'll be shocked if no Scorpion because of foreshadowing in a scene in Spider Man homecoming.

carthage
Jake Gylenhaal is in talks to play Mysterio

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-2-jake-gyllenhaal-mysterio/

ares834
Hell yes!

Jake Gylenhaal is great. And I've been waiting for Mysterio for awhile.

Flyattractor
Vultrue stole this movie. He was great. Peter was pretty fun when He was out actually doing Spider-man things. The Tween Angst and Tony/Daddy Issues got really old really fast (at least for me because I don't care about that shit). Only Spidey part of the movie that lagged for me was when He was locked up in the vault. Got boring. Glad I waited for DVD so I could fast forward thru the slow parts which there were many of... Same as Civil War actually.

Impediment
Meh. Mysterio is such a cliche 60's villain. Even Kevin Smith's "Visionaries" run wasn't able to save Mysterio's reputation.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by carthage
Jake Gylenhaal is in talks to play Mysterio

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-2-jake-gyllenhaal-mysterio/ I just saw this. Jake Gyllenhaal is a phenomenal actor, and Mysterio is one of the top 5 Spidey villains IMO.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Vultrue stole this movie. He was great. Peter was pretty fun when He was out actually doing Spider-man things. The Tween Angst and Tony/Daddy Issues got really old really fast (at least for me because I don't care about that shit). Only Spidey part of the movie that lagged for me was when He was locked up in the vault. Got boring. Glad I waited for DVD so I could fast forward thru the slow parts which there were many of... Same as Civil War actually. I actually liked those parts. They put focus on Petes character, and you can't have Spidey without Parkers double life unlike someone like Batman.

Plus, Pete is best realized part of the Spidey in the MCU so far IMO. Holland played that part perfectly. His Spidey still needs work, but he nailed Peter Parker.

BruceSkywalker
not the biggest fan of Gyllenhaal but if he does indeed sign on the dotted line then Mysterio wil be much better portrayed on screen than he is in the comics

Dr Will Hatch
I always thought it would be cool if they could get Tom Savini to play Mysterio, but this is great casting if it goes through. Jake is the bomb. Never once gave anything less than a good performance.

Darth Thor
I guess that confirms Jake isnt playing Batman.

Robtard
Last I heard Affleck wants back in, so likely no Jake.

cdtm
Oh goodie, a sequel to one of last years worst movies.

I didn't think the third Toby movie could be outdone in awfulness, but Homecoming managed it. Quite the feat.

Kazenji
Also read the Micheal Keaton to appear again in the sequel.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Last I heard Affleck wants back in, so likely no Jake.

next week ben will say he wants out lol

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I just saw this. Jake Gyllenhaal is a phenomenal actor, and Mysterio is one of the top 5 Spidey villains IMO.

I actually liked those parts. They put focus on Petes character, and you can't have Spidey without Parkers double life unlike someone like Batman.

Plus, Pete is best realized part of the Spidey in the MCU so far IMO. Holland played that part perfectly. His Spidey still needs work, but he nailed Peter Parker.

His Peter was to whiney for my liking. But to each their own.

-Pr-
Apparently it's called "Far From Home".

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-far-home-tom-holland-reveals-title-next-movie-1122904?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Impediment
I edited the thread title.

Estacado
3rd movie will be titled:

Spider-Man: Home Alone.

BruceSkywalker
interesting title if indeed it is....

steverules_2
Tom accidentally leaked the name

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
Tom accidentally leaked the name

i saw.... tom will be punished by feige lol

steverules_2

carthage
First images of Mysterio

https://mobile.twitter.com/GOATfilmpodcast/status/1046545611619586048/photo/1

steverules_2
Phuck I hope they give him his fish bowl helmet

Kazenji
If he doesn't wear the fish bowl helmet, Then its the Ultimate version.

DarthPlaguis12
Originally posted by Kazenji
Also read the Micheal Keaton to appear again in the sequel.

Keaton was bad ass

HulkIsHulk
Hated Homecoming and would have called it utter trash if not for Keaton and that post warehouse collapse scene
Hoping this one's better

Darth Thor
Yeah Keaton saved that film.

If he doesn't wear the fish bowl helmet, Then its the Ultimate version.

More likely they just dont wanna hide Jakes face.

He will probably put the helmet on at some point.

Robtard
Really looking forward to this, Holland is the best Spider-Man thus far, Gyllenhall's a good actor; should make for a good villain and Keaton returning as the Vulture (even if in a minor role) all make for a fantastic sequel. So much win.

carthage

Kazenji
Looks a bit like the Noir suit.

Estacado
I hope this will be good not a big fan of Mysterio but he can be an interesting villain for sure and at least he is " New".

Felt like Homecoming was overrated tbh..

Kazenji
It was more then overrated.

steverules_2
What’s more than overrated?

Looks a bit like the Noir suit.

I thought that

HulkIsHulk
What’s more than overrated?

Homecoming movie

steverules_2
It wasn't bad, was no Spider-Man 2 but was no amazing Spider-Man 2 either

Arachnid1
Homecoming was great. Definitely my favorite of the MCU movies so far, and its high ratings were well earned.

Agreed that it's no SM2 though.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Homecoming was great. Definitely my favorite of the MCU movies so far, and its high ratings were well earned.

Agree to disagree there.....

DarthPlaguis12
I liked it but it was aimed at younger audiences for sure.

Darth Thor
Holland was a great Spider-Man and Keaton was a great villain.

The film itself however was underwhelming.

DarthPlaguis12

BruceSkywalker

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
To me, it was never really about committing murder even though he made threats
Yeah it was about the loot. Toomes was smart enough to only attack to escape and never leave yourself vulnerable

carthage
Superior Spiderman suit seen in clip

https://screenrant.com/spider-man-far-from-home-new-costume-photos/

Arachnid1
Todays trailer was delayed, but we've got a screenshot of Petes Stealth Suit. I like it. It looks very noir-ish. If anything, they should incorporate the Noir goggles though. That part looks slightly off.

https://i.redd.it/4o6kkcubx3321.jpg

Also, here's Petes new normal Spidey suit. I like the red and black color scheme and the white spider on the back.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5c/7b/2c/5c7b2cdf78a2d3b7851f7b62df716225.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hJkm06GpV8k/maxresdefault.jpg

steverules_2
Trailer has dropped

YsBVu6f8pR8

carthage

ares834
Looks fun. Mysterio looks great and Gyllenhaal always delivers. I expect he will be one of, if not the greatest MCU villain.

steverules_2

Impediment
Brokeback Mysterio.

Estacado
Look really good.

TheVaultDweller
Trailer has dropped

YsBVu6f8pR8

I like the look of that so far.

BruceSkywalker
Trailer has dropped

YsBVu6f8pR8

looks really good. gyllenhaal might surprise as Mysterio.

Darth Thor
Meh seems very Homecoming.

Smart of them not to mention anything Infinity War or End Game yet though. Keep people guessing if this is a Prequel or something.

Im sure the final film will be full of references given it takes place right after End Game.

Robtard
Looks good to me; best Aunt May ever.

Senor Cage
Looks decent.

Darth Thor

I like how theyre doing the Flash hates Parker but is a Spidey fanboy thing. Kinda wish they would have also given us the Aunt May hates Spidey, but that obviously went out the window at the end of Homecoming.

BruceSkywalker

yea definitely

Kazenji
Looks good but there's still a touch of Homecoming from what's been shown and i wasn't fan of that Spidey movie.

Robtard
I like how theyre doing the Flash hates Parker but is a Spidey fanboy thing. Kinda wish they would have also given us the Aunt May hates Spidey, but that obviously went out the window at the end of Homecoming.

I like the spin, personally.

Josh_Alexander
I saw the trailer today. OMG, AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD FOR THIS!

Also, I liked the trailer more than Av. Endgame one...

Dr Will Hatch

That's the dynamic Flash has with Peter in the early Ditko/Lee comics. When I saw that, I immediately and preemptively gave this movie a thumbs up.

Inhuman
Trailer was just , ok.

SpaceMonkey
Do we know for sure WHEN this movie takes place within the MCU timeline?

Kazenji
^ After Endgame.

SpaceMonkey
^ After Endgame.

Where was that confirmed?

wakkawakkawakka
I just hope that this is more Spider-Man movie than MCU movie with Spider-Man in it.

Vulture was the highlight of Homecoming so I look forward to seeing what Mysterio brings

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I saw the trailer today. OMG, AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD FOR THIS!

Also, I liked the trailer more than Av. Endgame one... I'm in the same boat. Cant wait man

Kazenji
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

By Kevin Feige.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

Was confirmed by Feige a long time ago. When talking about the Sony/Marvel deal. Would have to find it. But they are obviously being coy about it lately. And the trailer purposefully doesnt confirm one way or the other.

Esau Cairn
People have pointed out that the year on Peter's passport has been deliberately edited out.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/yd9hfa4t

HulkIsHulk
Delete

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Delete

KMC has way too few mods for that, lol.

Next time, just edit your post so it has a single dot in it or something.

--
Mysterio looks pretty uber.

Darth Thor
https://tinyurl.com/yd9hfa4t

Wait so Hydromans in it? Cool!

I thought it was all just gonna end up being boring Mysterio illusions.

Kazenji
If its his illusions why would he be fighting them?

StiltmanFTW
Wait so Hydromans in it? Cool!

I thought it was all just gonna end up being boring Mysterio illusions.

It might be just an easter egg. Not sure. You should know damn well that things like that are often meaningless, like Beta Ray Bill's head statue in Ragnarok.

OMG BETA RAY BILL IS IN IT

Said no one ever.

Anyway, from the trailer it appears there are some other villains than Mysterio. And wiki says this:

At Sony's CCXP Brazil panel in December 2018, it was revealed that Hydro-Man and the Elementals would appear in the film

So yeah, it might be happening.

Mysterio's powers look pretty real, by the way. Don't expect him to be the same as his 616 Quentin counterpart.

steverules_2

OMG BETA RAY BILL IS IN IT

Said no one ever.

Who hurt you stilt? sad You seem more bitter than a lemon

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y9tb8swc

Esau Cairn

Don't know much about Mysterio but there's the notion he created the creatures so he could fight them & become famous...

Darth Thor

Making out hes a hero or something.

carthage
I also just remembered this is yet another guy on a flying device villain again 😂
How many of them have their been in the Spiderman films now?
5?

StiltmanFTW

It's his style, yeah, I could totally see that happening.

But again - don't expect it to be so close to the source material. Mysterio here is like a mix of Iron Man and Thor.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carthage
I also just remembered this is yet another guy on a flying device villain again 😂
How many of them have their been in the Spiderman films now?
5?

I agree, it sucks.

I'm not ready for a New-New-New Goblin.

Always found goblins lame, anyway. Especially the green ones.

steverules_2
I agree, it sucks.

I'm not ready for a New-New-New Goblin.

Always found goblins lame, anyway. Especially the green ones.

What other Goblins have we had in the films?

StiltmanFTW
What other Goblins have we had in the films?

Dafoe Power Ranger Goblin.

Franco New Goblin w/ flying skateboard.

Terminally ill, mutated and dying Norman in TASM2 (worst scene ever, f*ck you, Sony).

And the lamest Goblin to ever happen... Dane William DeHaan. But hey, at least we got Gwen Stacy death scene. That's something.

Into the Spider-Verse has GG, too.

steverules_2
Dafoe Power Ranger Goblin.

Franco New Goblin w/ flying skateboard.

Terminally ill, mutated and dying Norman in TASM2 (worst scene ever, f*ck you, Sony).

And the lamest Goblin to ever happen... Dane William DeHaan. But hey, at least we got Gwen Stacy death scene. That's something.

Into the Spider-Verse has GG, too.

Well you said 'especially the green ones' and we've only had the green ones, there are no others

Gwen Stacy death was well acted but poorly executed

StiltmanFTW
Well you said 'especially the green ones' and we've only had the green ones, there are no others

Gwen Stacy death was well acted but poorly executed

I did. It's obvious I was thinking of comics and cartoons, too. In general, green goblins don't work for me.

Didn't expect to get nitstevepicked stick out tongue

It's impossible to hate on Dafoe, though:

TICOJiOpfck

StiltmanFTW
Oh, one more thing.

Jason > Tommy

stick out tongue

steverules_2
I did. It's obvious I was thinking of comics and cartoons, too. In general, green goblins don't work for me.

Didn't expect to get nitstevepicked stick out tongue

It's impossible to hate on Dafoe, though:

TICOJiOpfck

Well this is the movie discussion forum dammit, stop trying to be a maverick

Oh, one more thing.

Jason > Tommy

stick out tongue

I've reported you for being wrong

StiltmanFTW
Well this is the movie discussion forum dammit, stop trying to be a maverick

You know I'm a regular CBvF poster. And it's a comic book movie, of course we're going to discuss the source material a lot.

Anime forum is not just about anime, Star Wars I, II & III is not just about the prequels, Foreign cinema is not about foreign cinema at all.

Furthermore, Movie forum is moderated by Imp, who is a huge comic fan.

Stop backseat modding.

I've reported you for being wrong

I've reported you twice before that.

And 150 times last year.

https://i.giphy.com/media/Mir5fnHxvXrTa/giphy.webp

steverules_2

Flyattractor

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Don't know much about Mysterio but there's the notion he created the creatures so he could fight them & become famous...

Still thinking it's the Elemental's unless it gets proven wrong otherwise.

steverules_2
Hee Hee!!!!

Bit of horse play, nothing to see here

Flyattractor
https://media.giphy.com/media/rotUp8fD5mYU/giphy.gif

Darth Thor
Still thinking it's the Elemental's unless it gets proven wrong otherwise.

I hope youre right. I dont want Mysterio as the only villain tbh.

Especially the green ones.

Yeah what does Sony have against Hobgoblin?

StiltmanFTW
Bit of horse play, nothing to see here

Fly can't tell the difference.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

Yeah what does Sony have against Hobgoblin?

thumb up

Darth Thor

StiltmanFTW
You can't run now, Steve.

Answer the man's question.

steverules_2
Phuck you Stilt, hate you and your beautiful jaw line!

So whose your fav? Red or Green?

Gotta go green, Red ranger was cool and a close 2nd but Green had a phucking dragon zord! I remember when Green lost his powers but still held his own against Goldar, pretty sure he beat him actually. You?

Darth Thor
Was always Red for me. He was the original leader and Just in general like the colour (think thats why Ive always liked Spider-Man and Darth Maul), plus always like me some T-Rex.

And hey Jason held his own against Goldar once too. But yeah think Tommy did a bit better.

steverules_2
Yeah he did, was that when he was flighting for his power coin?

Flyattractor
Yep.

wKmYJja-X4s

https://media.giphy.com/media/rotUp8fD5mYU/giphy.gif

StiltmanFTW
**** Dragonzord cool

BWoFCoP8Kng

Darth Thor
^ thumb up thumb up thumb up

Yeah he did, was that when he was flighting for his power coin?

I think so. Also there were a few episodes where Jason had the powers of both the Red and Green. And controlled both their Zords.

That kinda made the rest of the rangers sorta redundant though.

steverules_2
**** Dragonzord cool

BWoFCoP8Kng

Heracy!!

Darth Thor
^ Iirc they had a second fight which was a stalemate.

Dragonzord was stronger with more firepower, T-Rex was faster and more agile.

StiltmanFTW
Never underestimate T-Rex's firepower:

HESbmCAEOxE

That attack was haxxed af http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

Darth Thor
^ Lol he solos. No Megazord required.

StiltmanFTW
Of course he solos.

He's not a pussy like Tommy.

steverules_2

StiltmanFTW
Look at steve trying to change the topic, Darth Thor! laughing

We won this round thumb up

Darth Thor
^ Yep Red Ranger rules thumb up

steverules_2

StiltmanFTW
You sound like Dr. Doom... he is a sore loser, too:

3bmmZMIVR18?t=9m54s

Hell, even the color matches! laughing

Flyattractor
Did you just call DOOM a Loser? Marvel's Greatest Villain?

The Fan Boys will Rise Against you!

StiltmanFTW
Marvel's Greatest Villain?

That would be the Kingpin:

Originally posted by Galan007
Doom/Fisk:
https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/39961879_Marvel_Knights_-_20th_05_of_06-007.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/39961880_Marvel_Knights_-_20th_05_of_06-008.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/39961881_Marvel_Knights_-_20th_05_of_06-009.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/39961882_Marvel_Knights_-_20th_05_of_06-013.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/39961883_Marvel_Knights_-_20th_05_of_06-014.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/39961884_Marvel_Knights_-_20th_05_of_06-015.jpg

Flyattractor
Some where Thanos is Crying,.

Arachnid1
Marvel's Greatest Villain? Greatest villain in comics actually thumb up

steverules_2
You sound like Dr. Doom... he is a sore loser, too:

3bmmZMIVR18?t=9m54s

Hell, even the color matches! laughing

You sir are DOOMED

TheOneFirestorm
I'm guessing Spider Man noir style costume is given to him by Nick Fury.

Great to see Spider Man will be wearing same costume with webs under his arms that was the same costume he wore in his 1st appearance.

Flyattractor
That would be the Kingpin:

Never Underestimate the Power of FAT!

Kazenji
eJAZxnwVgMA&t

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>