Magneto vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
On the Death Star control room.

DarkSaint85
Magneto seizes control of the circuitry in his suit, and phucks him up thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Galan's Vader can force crush you from another galaxy, 0.5km is nothing.

Galan's Vader OHKs Mags and Force Grips us through the 4th wall, we're doomed

Kid Kurdy
This is a whoever attacks first, probably wins.

But I think Magneto is on another level.

StiltmanFTW
I thought you were dead?

deathslash
Vader wins IMO. He can choke magneto through his shields and magneto takong crontrol of his suit won't really do anything to him.

Stoic
Wouldn't Magneto have some form of control over his own body though? Why wouldn't he be able to resist that type of attack to some degree?

CosmicComet
Muties suck and Star Wars sucks.

This is truly difficult.

I suppose Doom comes by and kills them both.

deathslash
Originally posted by Stoic
Wouldn't Magneto have some form of control over his own body though? Why wouldn't he be able to resist that type of attack to some degree? because the force is an invisible life energy that surrounds, penetrates, and binds together everything. I highly doubt that magneto can stop Vader from crushing his heart.

Smurph
Couldn't Magneto crush Vader in his suit/helmet with even equal/greater ease, though?

leonidas
yeah, that was what i was gonna say. even assuming for the moment that the tk choke could affect mags through his shields (not a given imo, at all, after all we've SEEN him deal with tk users many times, and while some can grab his shield and throw him AND the shield around, i don't recall any tk ever affecting him directly through his shield) vader's armor would get crushed almost instantly. starting distance is not an issue for mags either. we've also seen that mag's speed is pretty uber. i'd give him the solid majority here. it would def end without either of them ever taking so much as a single step.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I thought you were dead?
No idea who gave you that idea, but sorry to disappoint you.

leonidas
first whirly now kurdy? someone must have put out an 'old time kmc'ers assemble!' laughing out loud

i like it, btw. thumb up

"Id"
TK is not going to save him from getting can crushed. Magneto pulled this off on freaking Stryfe. He also beat down Exodus.

Kid Kurdy

cdtm
w3GgpZVEcKs

Pretty well animated.

cdtm
Originally posted by "Id"
TK is not going to save him from getting can crushed. Magneto pulled this off on freaking Stryfe. He also beat down Exodus.

Isn't Vader's suit made of durasteel? A fictional metal?

Is there even any iron in it?

StiltmanFTW
Don't pretend like Mags hasn't manipulated fictional metals before stick out tongue

CosmicComet
Damn that was nice.

cdtm
Don't pretend like Mags hasn't manipulated fictional metals before stick out tongue

It seems inconsistent though.

I remember he couldn'f control adamantium, until he could. Mjolnir also absorbed his shield, yet other times couldn't dent it...

But there should be "some" sort of internal logic at work. I mean, he can't just control plastics, or shouldn't.

Far as I know, durasteel uses some weird alien ore in it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
It seems inconsistent though.

I remember he couldn'f control adamantium, until he could. Mjolnir also absorbed his shield, yet other times couldn't dent it...

But there should be "some" sort of internal logic at work. I mean, he can't just control plastics, or shouldn't.

Far as I know, durasteel uses some weird alien ore in it.

He never had trouble with adamantium.

And iron is hardly the only ferromagnetic, for ****'s sake.

cdtm
He never had trouble with adamantium.

And iron is hardly the only ferromagnetic, for ****'s sake.

Back in the day, it used to be he couldn't affect adamantium because it wasn't iron based. Or that was the explanation in the comics/letter collumn/source book/whereever I got that from.

Might have been around the same time Wolverine's claws were said to have replaceable parts on the back of trading cards.

But yeah, iron isn't the only ferrous metal (All ferrous metal "does" contain iron), I'm just saying there's a ton of stuff he shouldn't control. Like wood.

Unless you listen to the science nerds who cry "unified field!", or worse "Higgs field?"

StiltmanFTW
Back in the day, it used to be he couldn't affect adamantium because it wasn't iron based. Or that was the explanation in the comics/letter collumn/source book/whereever I got that from.

Might have been around the same time Wolverine's claws were said to have replaceable parts on the back of trading cards.

Magnus controlled Wolverine's claws the first time they met... I think you're making shit up, cdtm.

But yeah, iron isn't the only ferometal, I'm just saying there's a ton of stuff he shouldn't control. Like wood.

Sure, but at his high levels, he can effectively emulate telekinesis or better...

Anyway, it's Vader who needs a feat that durasteel (and other materials included in his suit and bionics) is impervious to magnetism.

cdtm
Magnus controlled Wolverine's claws the first time they met... I think you're making shit up, cdtm.

Sure, but at his high levels, he can effectively emulate telekinesis or better...

Anyway, it's Vader who needs a feat that durasteel (and other materials included in his suit and bionics) is impervious to magnetism.

Isn't it supposed to be proven the other direction?

I can't really prove durasteel isn't ferrous, but we're also not going to assume Magnus affects every alien metal out there, are we?

Because I want to see Magneto rip up Galactus's purple metal looking suit then. smile

cdtm
Actually, this should be easy for someone who actually know the character well (Which I do not)

Has Magneto done well against alien metals? Skrull, Kree, Sh'iar?

Has he ever run into problems?

Does the problem even come up?

StiltmanFTW
Remember the Breakworld planet-busting bullet...?

StiltmanFTW
Or when he reconstructed and served as the nervous system to the Sleeping Celestial...

Face it, Vader is going to get disintegrated.

cdtm
It's a really well animated video.. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/whistling.gif

StiltmanFTW
In which Mags didn't even use his ff sans the very beginning.

deathslash
Or when he reconstructed and served as the nervous system to the Sleeping Celestial...

Face it, Vader is going to get disintegrated. just so you know, Vader is outright stated to be Yoda's superior.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deathslash
just so you know, Vader is outright stated to be Yoda's superior.

https://i.giphy.com/media/11a8FLrVeoLnna/giphy.webp

carthage
Magneto crushes him

deathslash
https://i.giphy.com/media/11a8FLrVeoLnna/giphy.webp I live for the moment when I can prove people wrong.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t0M3DXqur-Y
Terrible as the movie is, it makes a point of noting that Anakin (as a child) is stronger in the force than Yoda.

Yoda was incapable of definitively beating Dooku.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PLV-Vpy1gqQ

Same Dooku that a serious Anakin pushed to his limits.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o

At 1:17, Anakin states that his powers have more than doubled since the last time they met (which was only about a month ago). Anakin clearly isn't lying since he easily dispatches Dooku at 2:23 when he gets serious.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eYT3ctPuVRw

Anakin ragdolls two force gods who's very presence can alter the fabric of reality. Amongst other things, their presence altered weather, they could see into the future, let others see into the future, control life and death, absorb highly lethal amounts of energy without a problem, manipulate time, manipulate gravity, manipulate space, etc.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=groYO_51bwY

When I say that Vader is more powerful than Yoda, it's not just a statement, it's a fact. Just so we're clear, Vader is more powerful than the guy that did this.

Originally posted by Galan007
For more of a sense of scale, here is the creature Yoda fought in its entirety -- when they call it a mountain, they are being quite literal:
https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34638981_Star_Wars_2015-_029-010.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34638982_Star_Wars_2015-_029-011.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34638983_Star_Wars_2015-_029-013.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34638984_Star_Wars_2015-_029-014.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34638985_Star_Wars_2015-_029-015.jpg https://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/34638986_Star_Wars_2015-_029-016.jpg

"One Jedi alone against a living mountain... I almost feel sorry for the mountain." g007_teehee

StiltmanFTW
Nothing that I already wasn't aware of. Still don't see Vader as superior to Yoda.

Anakin states that his powers have more than doubled

Careful with quotes. "My powers have doubled", not "more than doubled".

Midichlorians aren't everything.

ABC logic, huh? Same Obi-Wan that Dooku f*cking stomped in RotS has beaten Ani... and Obi-Wan wasn't on Yoda's level, as stated in the film.

Yeah, those ridiculous force gods... Ani specifically used the planet's power after Kenobi instructed him to do so, didn't he? Plot device.

cdtm
Anakin was dominating Obi. He essentially beat himself with that stupid leap.

StiltmanFTW
He wasn't dominating shit, it was a stalemate. Even in the Force push struggle. Kenobi was a Soresu practitioner, that's why he was on the defensive.

Better stick to K'un-Lun, cd.

cdtm
Sure he was. I've seen the fight enough times where even my dying brain cells remember the flow.

There were times when Anakin was outright overpowering Obi Wan with one hand. When they did the force push thing, Anakin recovered faster then Obi Wan.. And on the final showdown before the "higher ground", Anakin was cocky and confident, while Obi Wan was struggling to keep up.

If that wasn't true, Obi Wan wouldn't need the higher ground trick. All one foot of it... And it was Anakin pushing forward, Obi Wan stepping back for most of the fight.

Even on equal ground, leaping over Obi Wan's head like an idiot probably would have had the same result.

StiltmanFTW
Sure he was. I've seen the fight enough times where even my dying brain cells remember the flow.

There were times when Anakin was outright overpowering Obi Wan with one hand.

His bionic hand, you mean. Yes, there was such a scene. He had an upper hand (no pun intended) there for a moment, sure. Did it end the fight? No, far from it.

When they did the force push thing, Anakin recovered faster then Obi Wan..

Think you see what you want to see, tbh...

And on the final showdown before the "higher ground", Anakin was cocky and confident, while Obi Wan was struggling to keep up.

Um, no? Kenobi was focused and giving Ani a chance to surrender, Anakin was a jittery kid that got crippled for refusing to listen.

If that wasn't true, Obi Wan wouldn't need the higher ground trick. All one foot of it...

Even on equal ground, leaping over Obi Wan's head like an idiot probably would have had the same result.

So much power in the "Chosen One" that he couldn't even jump a little higher. Wow. I'm impressed. Easily Yoda-busting lv thumb up

deathslash

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, that was what i was gonna say. even assuming for the moment that the tk choke could affect mags through his shields (not a given imo, at all, after all we've SEEN him deal with tk users many times, and while some can grab his shield and throw him AND the shield around, i don't recall any tk ever affecting him directly through his shield) vader's armor would get crushed almost instantly. starting distance is not an issue for mags either. we've also seen that mag's speed is pretty uber. i'd give him the solid majority here. it would def end without either of them ever taking so much as a single step. The force choke isn't exactly normal tk Leo, it's more spiritual than psionic. It's more the force of life itself, than mental control of subatomic particles. It's more really the universe bending to the will of the Force user.

krisblaze
Universe will bend to the will of Magneto.

Genii96
Vader wins IMO. He can choke magneto through his shields and magneto takong crontrol of his suit won't really do anything to him.

His shields have blocked TK from reaching him tho

Stoic

Lol

leonidas
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
The force choke isn't exactly normal tk Leo, it's more spiritual than psionic. It's more the force of life itself, than mental control of subatomic particles. It's more really the universe bending to the will of the Force user.

lol yeah, i've thought about that too. and if we allow for that to be the case, we really have no idea how mag's shield would deal with it. if he CAN get through, then it still comes to quick draw. /shrug

krisblaze
Magneto pulverizes Vader and uses the leftover fragments to heal Galan's back and the cripples him lkike he did against Charles.

leonidas
geez....

deathslash
Originally posted by leonidas
geez.... I know right? That spelling error between "him" and "he" just bothers me.

krisblaze
Hey I wrote that on the shitter at work

deathslash
Originally posted by krisblaze
Hey I wrote that on the shitter at work I'll excuse it, just this once though. Don't let it happen again or I'll permanently ban you from these forums.

"Id"
Isn't Vader's suit made of durasteel? A fictional metal?

Is there even any iron in it?

Mags was messing with the Celestial body/shell which is some exotic vibranium

DarkSaint85
Mags phucks with Colossus and adamantium, not to mention Uru. All pretty fictional.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mags phucks with Colossus and adamantium, not to mention Uru. All pretty fictional.

And Cap's shield. And Breakworld metal. And Sleeping Celestial. And Galan's buttplug.

DarkSaint85
Galans buttplug isn't fiction.

StiltmanFTW
You're right...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.