Marvel crosses 5 billion mark domestically

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
https://screenrant.com/marvel-cinematic-universe-5-billion-domestic-box-office/

Pay your respects to the superior Marvel cinematic universes feat.

juggernaut74
DC might surpass that in 13 more movies.

quanchi112
DC isn't even close to Marvel in any way, shape or form.

juggernaut74
DC has the higher average per movie.

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggernaut74
DC has the higher average per movie. Dc has more icons and inflation takes place every single year. Quit ignoring these variables. DC is underperforming based on expectations.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dc has more icons and inflation takes place every single year. Quit ignoring these variables. DC is underperforming based on expectations. First you say DC isn't close to Marvel in any way shape or form, then you say DC has more icons.

Make up your mind kid.

quanchi112
First you say DC isn't close to Marvel in any way shape or form, then you say DC has more icons.

Make up your mind kid. Batman no Superman are icons but in terms of cinema Marvel is leaps and bounds superior in every way save the notoriety from the past of these icons. We see that despite two icons of DCs they couldn't even out gross Cap Civil War. Times have changed. Marvel is outright dominating them to the point Henry Cavill even agrees publicly.

Firefly218
Marvel is not better than DC. Kevin Feige is better than WB management.

If 10 years ago you put Feige in charge of the DC braintrust instead of Marvel then the DCEU would be amazing and Marvel would be nowhere

playa1258
And 12 billion world wide.

Lots of money for sure.

John Murdoch
What'll be crazy to see is that I'm guessing Thor: Ragnarok is going to outgross Justice League. SMH, how WB, how did they mess this up after dominating the superhero film industry and setting the comic book movie standard for decades (from the Superman serials to Chris Reeve to Burton's Batman to Nolan's TDK Trilogy).

playa1258
Thor will do well but it won't gross more than JL

juggernaut74
Originally posted by playa1258
Thor will do well but it won't gross more than JL I don't know man, Thor is kicking ass.

playa1258
Thor is right on target for over $800 million WW.

juggernaut74
I bet it gets closer to 900 when it's all said and done. Justice League isn't guaranteed to make more than BvS.

Surtur
https://screenrant.com/marvel-cinematic-universe-5-billion-domestic-box-office/

Pay your respects to the superior Marvel cinematic universes feat.

This doesn't show superiority. If the MCU and DCEU both had an equal amount of movies that had been released this might mean something.

Instead of just being happy for Marvel you had to celebrate a triumph that literally does not exist.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Surtur
This doesn't show superiority. If the MCU and DCEU both had an equal amount of movies that had been released this might mean something.

Instead of just being happy for Marvel you had to celebrate a triumph that literally does not exist. Just shows how single minded this guy is.

I mean he's shitting all over Justice League and the movie isn't even out yet.

Zack M
DCEU will surpass that number.

playa1258
I bet it gets closer to 900 when it's all said and done. Justice League isn't guaranteed to make more than BvS. It won't hit $ 900 million but $800 is looking good.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by playa1258
Thor will do well but it won't gross more than JL Originally posted by juggernaut74
I bet it gets closer to 900 when it's all said and done. Justice League isn't guaranteed to make more than BvS.

I suppose it depends on the quality. I liked BvS, but it was critically-smashed and divided with the audience, but I thought it was a billion-dollar film for sure. The fact that it wasn't is unfathomable to me in this time of comic book film interest being at its peak.

Also, I loved Man of Steel. Still think it's one of the best comic book movies ever, up there but still behind Chris Reeve's first two efforts. Thought Suicide Squad was entertaining, but had a horrible plot and editing. Haven't seen Wonder Woman yet. And to tell the truth, I've at least liked, if not enjoyed thoroughly, all of Snyder's films from Dawn of the Dead 2004 onward, Sucker Punch included.

I hope the DCEU does well, but it's quality, with the exception of Man of Steel and possibly Wonder Woman (again, haven't seen it), is so far below Nolan's, Donner's, Burton's, and Paul Dini/Bruce Timm's runs in film and TV animation that it bamboozles me how WB hasn't captured that for comic book film's renaissance currently happening.

That's why I make the statement that Justice League won't beat Thor: Ragnarok. Marvel/Disney have cracked the code, and Wonder Woman is DC/WB's one massive success. If Justice League can piggyback off WW, ya it should beat Ragnarok; if it sticks to the BvS route, ain't happenin'.

EDIT: Adding a TL;DR: MCU has a proven track record, DCEU still has to prove WW wasn't a one-trick pony in its catalog, thus my prediction for Thor: Ragnarok beating Justice League.

Zack M
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I suppose it depends on the quality. I liked BvS, but it was critically-smashed and divided with the audience, but I thought it was a billion-dollar film for sure. The fact that it wasn't is unfathomable to me in this time of comic book film interest being at its peak.

Also, I loved Man of Steel. Still think it's one of the best comic book movies ever, up there but still behind Chris Reeve's first two efforts. Thought Suicide Squad was entertaining, but had a horrible plot and editing. Haven't seen Wonder Woman yet. And to tell the truth, I've at least liked, if not enjoyed thoroughly, all of Snyder's films from Dawn of the Dead 2004 onward, Sucker Punch included.

I hope the DCEU does well, but it's quality, with the exception of Man of Steel and possibly Wonder Woman (again, haven't seen it), is so far below Nolan's, Donner's, Burton's, and Paul Dini/Bruce Timm's runs in film and TV animation that it bamboozles me how WB hasn't captured that for comic book film's renaissance currently happening.

That's why I make the statement that Justice League won't beat Thor: Ragnarok. Marvel/Disney have cracked the code, and Wonder Woman is DC/WB's one massive success. If Justice League can piggyback off WW, ya it should beat Ragnarok; if it sticks to the BvS route, ain't happenin'.

Pre-sales numbers are bigger than Thor or Spider-man homecoming. It will beat it at OW AT least.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Zack M
Pre-sales numbers are bigger than Thor or Spider-man homecoming. It will beat it at OW AT least. What site gives you this intel?

Zack M
What site gives you this intel?

Just in certain chains. JL will open huge, I think. However, I don't think it'll hit the billion mark. Exchange rates have been brutal.

Darth Thor

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by John Murdoch

EDIT: Adding a TL;DR: MCU has a proven track record, DCEU still has to prove WW wasn't a one-trick pony in its catalog, thus my prediction for Thor: Ragnarok beating Justice League.

great post

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Zack M
Just in certain chains. JL will open huge, I think. However, I don't think it'll hit the billion mark. Exchange rates have been brutal. I bought my JL tickets last night when I got my Thor tickets.

StiltmanFTW
Marvel has always been better than DC.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
Marvel is not better than DC. Kevin Feige is better than WB management.

If 10 years ago you put Feige in charge of the DC braintrust instead of Marvel then the DCEU would be amazing and Marvel would be nowhere Marvel has Kevin Feige. That's my point they put people in charge who have a clear vision. DC have started out their own way and after their hilarious failure have tried to ape marvel's formula.

quanchi112

Instead of just being happy for Marvel you had to celebrate a triumph that literally does not exist. Life isn't equal so quit talking what ifs. Marvel is the studio which showed the cinematic universe is even achievable. DC came on to try to get a piece of the pie marvel revealed was even there. On top of that Marvel films are critically far higher than DC's shit show.

Zack M
Not how the BO works, though. Especially in the current markets.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Marvel has always been better than DC. thumb up

Zack M
I bought my JL tickets last night when I got my Thor tickets.

My man!

Surtur
Life isn't equal so quit talking what ifs. Marvel is the studio which showed the cinematic universe is even achievable. DC came on to try to get a piece of the pie marvel revealed was even there. On top of that Marvel films are critically far higher than DC's shit show.

Life isn't equal, but there's absolutely zero triumph here for Marvel in terms of how much better they are than DC unless the number of films in both universes was comparable.

quanchi112
Life isn't equal, but there's absolutely zero triumph here for Marvel in terms of how much better they are than DC unless the number of films in both universes was comparable. Dc is salivating at the mouth. Marvel reigns supreme. Hugely successful and a ten year plan unlike ever conceived is about to take place with the end of phase three and Thanos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.