X Men/FF Could be Coming Home

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Disney has had talks on and off about acquiring 20th Century Fox and 21st Century Fox...

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/11/06/disney-fox-star-wars-marvel

playa1258
If the deal goes through 21st Century Fox would probably need some independence clause so anti-trust laws don't get triggered.

Like what WB does with New Line.

Darth Thor

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Make mine Marvel.

carthage
Deal is dead

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/disney-looked-at-buying-most-of-fox-talks-now-dead-cnbc-says

Darth Thor
Screw Fox.

Silver Surfer never coming home sad

TheVaultDweller
I can understand Fox wanting to hang onto the X-Men stuff, because they make a lot of money from it, and actually produce some good things (Deadpool, Logan, Legion etc.) on occasion. But the F4? Just stop torturing everyone and let them return where they belong.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
But the F4? Just stop torturing everyone and let them return where they belong.

It's not just the bad F4 films (which does annoy me). But it's just hanging on to Silver Surfer and Galactus for so many decades and doing squat with them. That just infuriates me. Like literally someone at Fox ought to be shot for that.

TheVaultDweller
Well, I mean the F4 and all their associated characters. Because, based on my understanding of what Kevin Feige said about the Disney/Fox "joint custody" on some things, Marvel can use races like the Skrulls, Watchers etc. in general, but not characters specifically associated with the F4/X-Men, like Uatu, Kl'rt etc. So, getting back the F4 should mean getting even those characters back.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, I mean the F4 and all their associated characters. Because, based on my understanding of what Kevin Feige said about the Disney/Fox "joint custody" on some things, Marvel can use races like the Skrulls, Watchers etc. in general, but not characters specifically associated with the F4/X-Men, like Uatu, Kl'rt etc. So, getting back the F4 should mean getting even those characters back.

I know just saying, because Surfer should be with Marvel. And it's not like Fox are even giving us a shitty Surfer. They're doing squat with him. One attempt 10 years ago, and nothing since then.

Also IIRC Marvel tried to make a deal with them years ago when they were about to lose the Daredevil rights, that Fox can keep Daredevil if they give Marvel Galactus and the Silver Surfer. But Fox refused.

So they know Marvel want those characters, but are just holding onto to them out of spite.

Ursumeles
I don't care for the F4, and a teamup of X-Men and Avengers would probably to big for one movie, but I want Galactus and Surfer ffs

Ridley_Prime

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by carthage
Deal is dead

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/disney-looked-at-buying-most-of-fox-talks-now-dead-cnbc-says

in the words of Vader...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Inhuman
One thing everyone is forgetting is that Marvel/Disney had full rights to making X-Men related tv shows and also merchandise.
Somehow Marvel/Disney allowed Fox to make Xmen tv shows now.
Fox had to give up something for that, since that alone is pretty big for Disney to give up and get nothing in return.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Inhuman
One thing everyone is forgetting is that Marvel/Disney had full rights to making X-Men related tv shows

Do you know that for sure?

I was under the impression both companies were needed. Something like Marvel had Tv rights, but Fox had Live action rights, so it could only be done by a collaboration between the 2 companies.

Inhuman
In order for Fox to be able to make a TV show about the X-Men they had to get Marvel's permission for Marvel to write it off in order for them to be able to do it.

We know that X-Men now has a TV series with Legion and whatever else they are going to released. And we know these kind of agreements or deals are not one-sided. One party get something and the other one gets something in return.

Darth Thor
^ Ah right I thought it was some sort of joint venture, given all the Marvel Tv producer names involved.

Kazenji
Reading the deal hasn't been abandoned just yet.

carthage
Great news we get to see the Xmen make funny sarcastic quips and Wolverine will have Baby Groot dance on his shoulder!

Darth Thor
Yeah much better we keep getting crap like Apocalypse.

carthage
It wasn't even that bad of a film

Much better than unmemorable horseshit like the Two previous Thor films

Kazenji
At least the first Thor movie at least resemble something from the comics, Unlike the shitfest Apocalypse was.

carthage
As if I give a **** about whether or not it's close the comics

The first Thor had forgettable characters, generic MCU yucks, and a tin man as a villain. What boring shit

Kazenji

That explains alot

slap alot of shit together while ignoring the comics and see what works, Should get a job at Fox Studio's then.

carthage
The general audience doesn't care about if it follows the comics
Only 35 year old Neckbeards with 20 shelves filled with Marvel TPbs do and they don't even make up .00001% of the general audience

Ridley_Prime

carthage
As if the MCU is capable of generating anything as groundbreaking as Legion or as critically acclaimed as Logan. They make solid films but lets make no mistake the MCU isn't some bastion of creative freedom. At least FOX is willing to play with multiple genres and makes R rated films, and doesn't solely cater to 14 year olds

quanchi112
As if the MCU is capable of generating anything as groundbreaking as Legion or as critically acclaimed as Logan. They make solid films but lets make no mistake the MCU isn't some bastion of creative freedom. At least FOX is willing to play with multiple genres and makes R rated films, and doesn't solely cater to 14 year olds I don't give a crap what you think. Marvel studios puts out the best comic book films period. If you disagree support fox. Marvel is objectively lapping the field so cry on the losers bench.

carthage
^ Case in point mad 35 year old Neckbeard

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

Anyway I hope this deal tanks, mega corporations absorbing more and more of Hollywood under their money-making umbrellas is not good for creativity, it restricts it.

quanchi112
^ Case in point mad 35 year old Neckbeard So you're upset marvel studios is winning and that fox is objectively getting destroyed. Reality is amazing at times. laughing out loud

Darth Thor

The first Thor had forgettable characters, generic MCU yucks, and a tin man as a villain. What boring shit

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thor/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_men_apocalypse/

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Are you going to cry, Carthage ? Objective reality keeps punching you in the face.

laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Kenneth Branagh says how Thor1 was the make or break moment for the MCU Phase I:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/kenneth-branagh-remembers-his-thor-as-a-make-or-break-1820360257/amp

It clearly worked.

Kazenji

, and a tin man as a villain.

Maybe because that's pretty much what The Destroyer is, An Asgardian armor brought to life by magic

but do keep continue being ignorant.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Kenneth Branagh says how Thor1 was the make or break moment for the MCU Phase I:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/kenneth-branagh-remembers-his-thor-as-a-make-or-break-1820360257/amp

It clearly worked.

People don't give Thor nearly enough credit, imo. It has its downsides, and the Earth stuff isn't always great, but it did something amazing when it made it make sense that this Thor could exist in the same multiverse as Iron Man. It was a huge accomplishment, and it was the best bit of world-building done until what, GOTG?

carthage
Originally posted by Kazenji
Maybe because that's pretty much what The Destroyer is, An Asgardian armor brought to life by magic

but do keep continue being ignorant.

And he sucked, like 90% of the MCU villains prior to Hela, Kingpin, Alexandra, and Winter Soldier. You want me to give him an excuse just because you feel good about a mediocre movie laughing out loud

When the MCU make something as impacting as Logan, 🤙

quanchi112
And he sucked, like 90% of the MCU villains prior to Hela, Kingpin, Alexandra, and Winter Soldier. You want me to give him an excuse just because you feel good about a mediocre movie laughing out loud

When the MCU make something as impacting as Logan, 🤙 You want to talk about villains and then bring up Logan. laughing out loud

Your opinion doesn't matter. Logan villains. laughing out loud

Kazenji

Then tell me how exactly an animated suit of armor should've behave then if you're such an expert then?

don't know about you, It did exactly what it was suppose to do imo.

-Pr-
The Destroyer was a henchman, not a villain...

Darth Thor
The general audience doesn't care about if it follows the comics
Only 35 year old Neckbeards with 20 shelves filled with Marvel TPbs do and they don't even make up .00001% of the general audience

Lol and yet audiences show up in droves to MCU movies. Not so much with Fox ones, despite Fox having a 10year head start on the MCU.

In fact their biggest hit by far was when they got the look, costume and characterisation closest to the comics with Deadpool.

So your point sucks (as usual).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
People don't give Thor nearly enough credit, imo. It has its downsides, and the Earth stuff isn't always great, but it did something amazing when it made it make sense that this Thor could exist in the same multiverse as Iron Man. It was a huge accomplishment, and it was the best bit of world-building done until what, GOTG?

Yep.

The achievement of that film is really under appreciated.

carthage
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol and yet audiences show up in droves to MCU movies. Not so much with Fox ones, despite Fox having a 10year head start on the MCU.

In fact their biggest hit by far was when they got the look, costume and characterisation closest to the comics with Deadpool.

So your point sucks (as usual).

It's like you missed the point where I said the MCU films were successful regardless, and even said they were solid movies try keeping up retard. I said they were bland as shit and not particularly creative, and again more irrelevant shit about "following the comics"- literally no one cares about that outside of forum denizens and comic geeks

quanchi112
It's like you missed the point where I said the MCU films were successful regardless, and even said they were solid movies try keeping up retard. I said they were bland as shit and not particularly creative, and again more irrelevant shit about "following the comics"- literally no one cares about that outside of forum denizens and comic geeks This is your opinion and also not a popular one. Marvel films are more popular and make more money. Keep crying about objective reality you piece of dumb fox loving shit.

carthage
Yes, Quan I know you ride Bob Iger's cock furiously

quanchi112
Yes, Quan I know you ride Bob Iger's cock furiously You are upset over reality proving marvel studios to be at the top of the mountain. Losers cry about their feelings winners go out and slay all who stand in their path.

carthage
Ok I was wrong you take it from Kevin Feige and Bob at once without lube

quanchi112
Ok I was wrong you take it from Kevin Feige and Bob at once without lube I already told you in the other thread who I give it to. Disney might but the properties so it shows which one is obviously more powerful in real life as well as the big screen.

carthage
Glad to know you're a company man to the end
Originality be damned, so how deep can you take that Baby Groot strap on from your husband?

quanchi112
Glad to know you're a company man to the end
Originality be damned, so how deep can you take that Baby Groot strap on from your husband? Marvel studios is the original studio who successfully achieved a cinematic universe you nitwit. Your feelings aren't indicative of anything aside from your menstrual cycle.

carthage
You wouldn't know anything about menstruation considering how much Disney balls hit your chin

quanchi112
You wouldn't know anything about menstruation considering how much Disney balls hit your chin So you ignore the reality of the situation. Marvel studios is more original, cohesive, and successful than the rest. You're a loser.

carthage
waahhhhh how dare you not like the same funny quips and PG13 zaniness!

Lmao suck it up manchild

quanchi112
waahhhhh how dare you not like the same funny quips and PG13 zaniness!

Lmao suck it up manchild They are an unchallenged success. I don't gauge my movies based off a rating you witless baboon.

Thanos is coming you loser.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.