Most Hax Powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
The title is fairly self-explanatory. Which characters have the most hax abilities in movies/tv?

Just to clarify though. The characters don't all necessarily have to be god-tiers or anything. Characters with abilities that can be considered hax for their own overall tier can be included as well.

For example, Karnak, from Inhumans, obviously isn't going to be fighting Thor or Hulk, but his pseudo-clairvoyance/future prediction power makes him extremely OP compared to other street-level/low-metahuman types. Not only does his power allow him to replay a fight until he figures out the winning strategy, it also gives him the speed and precision to do things like karate chop bullets in half, or (somehow) kick an energy blast back at someone (don't ask me how the f*** that works).

So, which characters do you guys consider hax?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The title is fairly self-explanatory. Which characters have the most hax abilities in movies/tv?

Just to clarify though. The characters don't all necessarily have to be god-tiers or anything. Characters with abilities that can be considered hax for their own overall tier can be included as well.

For example, Karnak, from Inhumans, obviously isn't going to be fighting Thor or Hulk, but his pseudo-clairvoyance/future prediction power makes him extremely OP compared to other street-level/low-metahuman types. Not only does his power allow him to replay a fight until he figures out the winning strategy, it also gives him the speed and precision to do things like karate chop bullets in half, or (somehow) kick an energy blast back at someone (don't ask me how the f*** that works).

Quicksilver (X MEN) i would say. He isn't considered that powerful, but that Sweet Dreams scene was HAX along with the scene in where he beats Apocalypse!

Scarlet Witch: Not regarded as a powerful Avenger yet she manage to stay on top and give a hell of a fight in CW.

Dr. Strange: Strange is ALREADY A VERY POWERFUL CHARACTER, yet his possession over the Eye of Agamotto makes his powers HAX!

TheLordofMurder

Future Sentinels hands down...

Power Drain and Power Mimicry; completely OP when combined...

Especially when you consider than any power Mimicked or Drained can instantly be accessed by all the rest of the Future Sentinels on demand...

That makes them pretty much unbeatable in direct combat, which is exactly what was seen on screen...

TethAdamTheRock
Professor X, He can stop time and freeze everyone in place

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Professor X, He can stop time and freeze everyone in place

Well in all fairness, Xavier cant really stop time, but he can mess with your mind and make it appear so to you...

HulkIsHulk
All kinds of combat clairvoyance can be considered hax imo. Like Nic Cage's char from Next, the villain from Machete 2

John Murdoch
- Fox QS: mach 200k speed = able to KO and launch people and objects with finger prods, rip down massive curtains and wrap people in them like burritos, throw people massive distances, move bullets like magnets on a fridge, etc.

- Future Sentinels: Power Mimicry = walking hax with the capability to add more hax powers.

- Zohan: physics-defying combat and strength feats combined with nigh-invulnerability to any sort of pain and trauma.

- Chris Reeve Supes: on-demand powers that enable him to rebuild portions of the Great Wall from thin air, produce and throw the S-shield from his suit as a giant plastic wrap bag, able to turn tornadoes upside down, create clones of himself to fight, and turn back time through flying against Earth's rotation.

- The Mask: a morphing Swiss-Army knife that can do stuff from transforming himself into a dancer/singer that can mass influence swaths of law enforcement into participating in a song-and-dance number to eating dynamite bombs.

h1a8
Quicksilver is the most Hax I would say. He starts every fight with time frozen.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by h1a8
Quicksilver is the most Hax I would say. He starts every fight with time frozen.

Ya agreed. Things go straight Looney Tunes when he gets his shining moments.

ShadowFyre
Showa era Godzilla is not quite on some of these guys level but he has pulled powers out of his ass on top of his already formidable physicals make him fairly hax.

TheVaultDweller
Another unconventional character that is actually rather hax in his own way is Angus MacGyver. His improvisational skills basically allow him to take a giant crap on science to do some things. Current MacGyver recently made what basically amounted to a lightsaber out of a torch and a dvd writer. And his knife is seemingly indestructible. It's been used for things that should have bent/broken it several times over, yet never gets a scratch on it.

TheVaultDweller
Gonna bump my own thread after the last episode of Legion. At this point, both David and Amahl have displayed a lot of hax abilities.

Take this showing of the Shadow King, for example:

0UxuLVU3NyY

And just to clarify, the seemingly two people attacking is actually one, and he does not look like either of them (you do see him briefly at around 2:05 though).

And David can do similar, from teleportation, to telepathy, to matter manipulation, to telekinesis etc.

TheVaultDweller
And here is an example of David. Sadly, it's only the second part of the scene (he teleports around, telepathically freezes people in place, similar to how Xavier does, draws a pair of psychic infections out of people's minds and destroys them, and even turns a gun into a mop during the first bit), but it gives you some idea of the weird crap he can do as well:

Gc7CuF8XL8E

Surtur
Peter Petrelli from Heroes at full power. Sylar as well.

Both are insanely powerful and can copy other super powers. Peter does so just by being in close proximity. At the height of his power Peter had:

-Regeneration and immortality
-Can stop time and time travel
-Can teleport
-Can create nuclear blasts, the most powerful of which is equivalent to an actual nuke
-Super Strength
-Telekinesis
-Mind Reading and mind control
-Can generate powerful blasts of lightning
-Can fly
-Can go invisible
-Had super speed

Of course when he had all those powers at one time he was crippled by horrible PIS.

FrothByte
Superman's combination of superspeed, super strength and super durability deserve to be in here.

Also, Batman's prep time is the most hax power in the comic world. He can literally out-think, out-plan or out-invent anything and anyone as long as the plot demands it.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Superman's combination of superspeed, super strength and super durability deserve to be in here.

Also, Batman's prep time is the most hax power in the comic world. He can literally out-think, out-plan or out-invent anything and anyone as long as the plot demands it.

Different incarnations of Batman vary though. Adam West Batman would definitely qualify though.

Agree on Superman. From Reeve to Smallville to CW to DCEU and everything in between, pretty much all incarnations of Superman would qualify.

Surtur
If you wanna talk about Smallville we have Brainiac. He has all of Clarks Kryptonian powers, but no kryptonite weakness. He also is like some liquid metal thing so he can turn his hand into a spike or something, and infect technology and take over.

And he can split into 4 people, all equal in power. So essentially 4 Smallville Clarks without the kryptonite weakness. And he was clocked with tech moving at near lightspeeds.

FrothByte
Different incarnations of Batman vary though. Adam West Batman would definitely qualify though.

Agree on Superman. From Reeve to Smallville to CW to DCEU and everything in between, pretty much all incarnations of Superman would qualify.

I guess both Batfleck and Baleman wouldn't qualify, as their prep-magic was seriously toned down... part of the reason why I think those TDK movies were so successful.

As far as movie/TV incarnations go, you're right: West Batman is the biggest culprit probably followed by DCAU Batman.

TheVaultDweller
Also going to throw CW The Thinker on here. Guy is basically the Swiss Army Knife of Supervillains at this point:

- Hyper-intelligence, which makes him borderline clairvoyant.
- Telepathy, including mind-reading, causing mental damage, like aneurysms, and mind-control.
- Probability/Luck manipulation.
- Effigy manipulation.
- Sound projection.
- Gravity manipulation, which he can basically use like conventional telekinesis.
- Pocket dimension generation, which allows him to teleport.
- Size/mass alteration of other objects.
- Technopathy, which allows him to control machines, computer systems etc.
- Superhuman strength, durability and elasticity.
- DNA manipulation to remove/transfer/take other meta powers.

And while not official, he has very fast reaction times. Whether it's a combination of his other abilities that causes it, but he has been able to react to Barry at superspeed in multiple instances, as well as bullets and other fast moving projectiles, even when they are coming from behind.

h1a8
The most hax power is speed. The fight will always start with you fighting a statue. No other power is more hax.

/thread

FrothByte
You know what would be really OP? Someone with superspeed AND telepathy.

TheVaultDweller
The most hax power is speed. The fight will always start with you fighting a statue. No other power is more hax.

/thread

Wrong. Firstly, not all speedsters are equal and not all of them are fast enough that everyone is a statue. Secondly, if the speedster is fighting other sufficiently powerful characters, like Dr Manhattan, for example, that speed isn't going to mean a whole lot. Or hell, even someone like Hazard, whose Jinx field can cause things like a speedster (Flash, for example) to trip over something random (which has actually happened on the show because of her abilities), or some other accident befalling them, regardless of speed. There are multiple examples from the comics, movies and tv shows where superspeed has been successfully countered by other sufficiently hax or powerful abilities.

TheVaultDweller
@ H1

I also see you didn't even bother reading my OP properly

As stated there, it isn't meant to just be the single most hax power. So, typing one you consider the best, and then writing /thread is actually kind of stupid.

TheVaultDweller
The more I think about it, the more hax Hazard's probability powers are. It's basically having the ability to induce PIS. And she doesn't even need to focus, or even be aware of someone, to affect them. She was causing things to go crazy across the entire city IIRC, and pretty much all her attention was focused on the slots (I think it was) she was playing.

h1a8
@ H1

I also see you didn't even bother reading my OP properly

As stated there, it isn't meant to just be the single most hax power. So, typing one you consider the best, and then writing /thread is actually kind of stupid.

Then I do not understand. Isn't this a vs forum?

TheVaultDweller
Then I do not understand. Isn't this a vs forum?

Not all threads necessarily follow traditional versus thread conventions. Hence adding stipulations. I even provided an example in the OP. I'm not seeing what's so difficult to grasp. No one else has had any trouble.

h1a8
Not all threads necessarily follow traditional versus thread conventions. Hence adding stipulations. I even provided an example in the OP. I'm not seeing what's so difficult to grasp. No one else has had any trouble. I'm just used to the comic vs forum. I admit that I did not read the OP well enough (or at all probably). I just assumed by the title that this is a vs thread. I guess the mods have no problem with it (the comic vs forum is different). Well carry on.

Surtur
Oh shit I know a good addition. Uber Cole from Charmed. At the height of his power he had:

-Was indestructible. One character even tried to jump inside him and explode him from the inside out. He just reformed.
-Transmutation, can wave his hand and turn you into a water cooler, etc.
-Energy balls powerful enough to vaporize demons that are immune to conventional weaponry(blades, bullets, etc.)
-Can teleport anywhere in the world instantly, can also use it in combat, can teleport to other dimensions and even into time loops
-Can heal others, including healing a demon with his arm ripped off, and doing so instantly
-Mind control
-Low level reality warping
-Able to grant powers to demons that made them immune to some of the most powerful magic in the universe
-Able to prevent others from teleporting
-Able to slow down time
-Telekinesis
-enhanced reflexes(bullet time level)
-Can teleport someone away with a wave of his hand

He could stand up to Peter Petrelli. He'd also defeat Smallville Clark. Clark is way faster, but he has no way to truly destroy Cole, and sooner or later Cole is going to slow down time and kill him.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
Oh shit I know a good addition. Uber Cole from Charmed. At the height of his power he had:

-Was indestructible. One character even tried to jump inside him and explode him from the inside out. He just reformed.
-Transmutation, can wave his hand and turn you into a water cooler, etc.
-Energy balls powerful enough to vaporize demons that are immune to conventional weaponry(blades, bullets, etc.)
-Can teleport anywhere in the world instantly, can also use it in combat, can teleport to other dimensions and even into time loops
-Can heal others, including healing a demon with his arm ripped off, and doing so instantly
-Mind control
-Low level reality warping
-Able to grant powers to demons that made them immune to some of the most powerful magic in the universe
-Able to prevent others from teleporting
-Able to slow down time
-Telekinesis
-enhanced reflexes(bullet time level)
-Can teleport someone away with a wave of his hand

He could stand up to Peter Petrelli. He'd also defeat Smallville Clark. Clark is way faster, but he has no way to truly destroy Cole, and sooner or later Cole is going to slow down time and kill him.

Your posts have shown a pattern that betrays your secret. You've watched a lot of cheesy tv shows. stick out tongue

carthage
Domino

TheVaultDweller
Deadpool's healing factor is also pretty broken at this point. He couldn't even kill himself by blowing himself into pieces, and getting torn in half by Juggernaut was more an inconvenience than anything else, because he had to wait for a new lower body to grow back. As long as he has his powers, the guy is basically immortal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.