#metoo - is it always a good thing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED

Steve Zodiac
No, it isn't a good thing. I have a story about a friend of mine at University many moons ago. This story is one Surtur will like, he had a girlfriend, she accused him after they broke up of shit. He was found not guilty in 6 minutes by a jury, she left that University in shame because rumour has it she owned up to lying to a friend. scroll on 25 years, she is now a family law Judge... Hatred of men? Perhaps, who knows? People should come forward themselves, the Police tried to get other exes of this guy too come forward and say he was a ****, fortunately, for truth, his other exes said the opposite.

Bashar Teg
false accusations have always been a problem, but perjury is thankfully a crime. if i wrote the law, i might make it so that a false accuser gets the sentence in which their victim received. but it's a very complex topic (though some will doubtlessly try to simplify it down to a meme) and should be dealt with very carefully. no law can prevent false accusations, and it's never a good idea to implement laws that may cause actual victims to not report the crime out of fear.

Surtur
I think it depends on the situation. If a person gets accused of something and they decide to step down...that is one thing. I do not believe they should actually be fired unless there has been actual evidence of a crime.

I can't say which happened here because the article the Guardian links to that is supposed to be about the guy getting fired actually says he willingly decided to step down until an independent investigation(that he requested) was finished. Though it seemed he did this on the advice of the "first minister".

Emperordmb

Surtur
I also think the punishment should fit the crime lied about in cases where false accusations are made. So if you lie about a crime that could get someone 5 years in prison you should be sentenced to 5 years in prison.

snowdragon
Hopefully people that can support their allegations perhaps use it but generally I see platforms like this as simple tools to character assassinate facts be damned.

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
Hopefully people that can support their allegations perhaps use it but generally I see platforms like this as simple tools to character assassinate facts be damned.
Exactly, the accusation is enough at times for the intended purpose.

eg Smearing your political rival knowing the accusation wouldn't hold up in a court setting, but knowing in the court of public opinion it does

shiv
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
false accusations have always been a problem, but perjury is thankfully a crime. if i wrote the law, i might make it so that a false accuser gets the sentence in which their victim received. but it's a very complex topic (though some will doubtlessly try to simplify it down to a meme) and should be dealt with very carefully. no law can prevent false accusations, and it's never a good idea to implement laws that may cause actual victims to not report the crime out of fear.

OMG

You are not trolling

Derailing a thread

Whining

Or pretending to misunderstand the op

Originally posted by Surtur
I think it depends on the situation. If a person gets accused of something and they decide to step down...that is one thing. I do not believe they should actually be fired unless there has been actual evidence of a crime.

I can't say which happened here because the article the Guardian links to that is supposed to be about the guy getting fired actually says he willingly decided to step down until an independent investigation(that he requested) was finished. Though it seemed he did this on the advice of the "first minister".

Stepped Down

a) Ordered to write and hand in a resignation letter

b) Voluntarily Stepped down - Very Rarely Happens

c) Given a friendly heads up: Fade Away / Go Away Quietly or Be The Subject of the most Intense Investigation into Every Single Thing You've Ever Said Or Done - Your Choice

d) Hey - You're making us look bad - Step Down - Make it look good - We'll do a little pretend investigation - we'll get your best friend to head the investigation - we got you covered.

My moneys on (a)

It sure as f* isn't (d) or (b)

Surtur

Kurk
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
No, it isn't a good thing. I have a story about a friend of mine at University many moons ago. This story is one Surtur will like, he had a girlfriend, she accused him after they broke up of shit. He was found not guilty in 6 minutes by a jury, she left that University in shame because rumour has it she owned up to lying to a friend. scroll on 25 years, she is now a family law Judge... Hatred of men? Perhaps, who knows? People should come forward themselves, the Police tried to get other exes of this guy too come forward and say he was a ****, fortunately, for truth, his other exes said the opposite. Very scary to think about.

The safest thing is to not get involved with women. The quality of fleshlights and sex dolls have really improved in the last decade or so.

Surtur
Originally posted by Kurk
Very scary to think about.

The safest thing is to not get involved with women. The quality of fleshlights and sex dolls have really improved in the last decade or so.

Indeed, I wonder what the dating scene will look like 50 years from now. I am assuming by then these sexbots will look realistic as opposed to looking like they are powered via the tears of orphans.

Robtard
Very scary to think about.

Indeed, I wonder what the dating scene will look like 50 years from now. I am assuming by then these sexbots will look realistic as opposed to looking like they are powered via the tears of orphans.

If you're not interested in dating, that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. Relationships, sexual or otherwise are not for everyone. But this constant "women are evil" approach is rather juvenile. Sure, some women are, so are some men. That's just people.

Why not just buy and **** your fleshlight toy and be happy in of itself? No need to blame women on the situation. This is not a fight, just food for thought.

ps I will legitimately send you two batteries for Christmas if you so wish. Happy stroking.

Surtur
Not all women are evil, just like not all men are evil.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by shiv
OMG

You are not trolling

Derailing a thread

Whining

Or pretending to misunderstand the op

^^ trolling, derailing, whining...unaware?

shiv
dude I was paying you a compliment (giving you credit)

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by shiv
dude I was paying you a compliment (giving you credit)

just curious: do you think you're being clever, or do you think you're being nice?

Kurk
Indeed, I wonder what the dating scene will look like 50 years from now. I am assuming by then these sexbots will look realistic as opposed to looking like they are powered via the tears of orphans. Idk if you're a SW fan, but this droid, Guri, exists and is legitimate sex bot that looks and feels exactly like a real woman.

Originally posted by Robtard
If you're not interested in dating, that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. Relationships, sexual or otherwise are not for everyone. But this constant "women are evil" approach is rather juvenile. Sure, some women are, so are some men. That's just people.

Why not just buy and **** your fleshlight toy and be happy in of itself? No need to blame women on the situation. This is not a fight, just food for thought.

ps I will legitimately send you two batteries for Christmas if you so wish. Happy stroking.
I'm offended by you assuming that I celebrate Christmas. What type of ignoramus spouts that out without thinking of other peoples' cultures. Why don't you try thinking about other people for once, sheesh.

NewGuy01
Idk if you're a SW fan, but this droid, Guri, exists and is legitimate sex bot that looks and feels exactly like a real woman.

Why did you think this was relevant?

Mindship
It's not just a matter of false and vindictive accusations. Say I'm walking down the street and eye an attractive woman. I don't stare, I don't leer, I don't approach her in any way, I just look at her for a couple of seconds.

She approaches me and says what I did made her uncomfortable, therefore it's harassment. I would disagree ofc. I have the right to simply look.

So my question is: when does reasonable crossover into unreasonable?

Emperordmb
27e3nUbRLF8

snowdragon
Originally posted by Mindship
It's not just a matter of false and vindictive accusations. Say I'm walking down the street and eye an attractive woman. I don't stare, I don't leer, I don't approach her in any way, I just look at her for a couple of seconds.

She approaches me and says what I did made her uncomfortable, therefore it's harassment. I would disagree ofc. I have the right to simply look.

So my question is: when does reasonable crossover into unreasonable?

I would consider something like that vindictive on her part, although generally a non sexual orientated compliment could help diffuse that situation.

The real crux is when does reasonable turn into unreasonable because in the world of social media "court" hearings the person with the largest followings wins generally.................mob rules.

I suppose the most boring answer is treat other men and women like you would your mom or dad in regards to touches/statements etc etc.........

cdtm
To Sam/the Op:

No, it's not always a good thing.

This is what comes of a lack of standards, unfortunately. One side is (Justifiably, imo) worried the victim will be blamed/brushed aside in favor of some "good 'ol boys" network.

The other side is terrified of the backlash resulting from past nepotism, which forces them to the extreme of leaving absolutely no doubt that they're taking victim allegations seriously.

Any response gets treated with skepicism, so they err on the side of overcompensation.

People lie, nobody trusts anybodies motives, and a history of blaming the victim exists, and now we have to live with the fallout. Which will probably involve some combination of sacrificial lambs, nepotism for the worthy, more lying, more anger, and more overcompensation against the next lamb.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
27e3nUbRLF8

I just love how Sargon triggered feminists by telling a rape victim he'd never rape her.

The exact opposite of a threat was taken as...a threat. SJWs cared more than the person he actually said it to lol.

In his recent debate with Thomas Smith Tom kept whining about it.

Bashar Teg
I think it depends on the situation. If a person gets accused of something and they decide to step down...that is one thing. I do not believe they should actually be fired unless there has been actual evidence of a crime.*

*unless hollywood, coz reasons :')

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
27e3nUbRLF8 #iwouldntevengivearapevictimanabortion sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.