Did Anakin's power really double since Geonosis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I know you have to take everything Anakin says with a grain of a salt since he's an arrogant idiot, but could their be some truth to what he is saying. Star Wars isn't like Dragonball Z with power levels that can be increased with training, but after 3 years of war and fighting Ventress and Dooku himself, by the time he faces Dooku on the Invisible Hand; is it possible that his connection to the force is twice as strong and his skills as a swordsman are twice as good?

DarthAnt66
Math like that is hard to gauge, but he obviously grew to an extreme degree.

Kurk
Twice the pride, double the fall

godemperortrump
I doubt he literally grew twice as powerful.

The Lost
Originally posted by Kurk
Twice the pride, double the fall

He really kept his head on his shoulders when he said that.

Emperordmb
I mean, Anakin's kinda a piece of shit in AOTC compared to what he is in ROTS tbh

I can see it... like not even Ventress's equal to above Dooku, pretty substantive growth.

Big Gerald
He says "Since the last time we met," which I believe was on Oba Diah. Assuming Anakin Skywalker grows by a factor of two between each meeting, and there are three or four meetings between Geonosis and Coruscant, he would be 8-16 times more powerful in ROTS than he was in AOTC.

Greysentinel365
https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/811049286913769472

I think we were meant to take it literally.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Big Gerald
He says "Since the last time we met," which I believe was on Oba Diah. Assuming Anakin Skywalker grows by a factor of two between each meeting, and there are three or four meetings between Geonosis and Coruscant, he would be 8-16 times more powerful in ROTS than he was in AOTC. last time they faced was in Dark Disciple a few months before RotS

Darth Thor

Kurk
C'mon guys; TCW came out long after RotS. I'm pretty sure that was the one line the creators couldn't create a BS excuse to explain why Anakin says my powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count. He's obviously referring just to AotC.

TheNuisanceBird
Yeah, it's like how Grievous tell Obi-Wan he's been trained in "Jedi arts" by Count Dooku.

Still wish the "I trained the man that killed him" line made it in to the film.

In the opening of the ROTS novel, Anakin muses how he could "whip" the ten "craftiest" Jedi blindfolded with his lightsaber tied behind him.

While this also may sound like arrogant boasting I wouldn't put it past him considering his fight with Drallig.

See Grandmaster Ant's breakdown of said fight here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t630413.html

I believe there was something on Starwars.com where it stated how Anakin's power had grown immensely after Season 6 of TCW.

In Dark Disciple Anakin and Dooku fight as equals whereas in the ROTS novel Anakin clearly dominates the fight once he breaks out of holding back with Shien and starts using Djem So.

But yeah, overall, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

LordOfTheLight
I'd be surprised if he hasn't grown by order(s) of magnitude, forget doubling. A difference of the order of one-shotting exists between the two versions.

Him doubling in power from end of DD( 6 months before ROTS) and ROTS is a more reasonable conclusion. A vast growth was stated for him, and coupled with his own words, not to mention, performances, yeah it makes sense that he doubled from DD to ROTS.

Arguing that he didn't even double from AoTC to ROTS makes no sense whatsoever.

BroLolSauce
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
I'd be surprised if he hasn't grown by order(s) of magnitude, forget doubling. A difference of the order of one-shotting exists between the two versions.

Him doubling in power from end of DD( 6 months before ROTS) and ROTS is a more reasonable conclusion. A vast growth was stated for him, and coupled with his own words, not to mention, performances, yeah it makes sense that he doubled from DD to ROTS.

Arguing that he didn't even double from AoTC to ROTS makes no sense whatsoever.
lol@doubling from dd go back to cv you sewer rat

NTJack0
Originally posted by BroLolSauce
lol@doubling from dd go back to cv you sewer rat Brilliant argument you have there.

Big Gerald
Originally posted by BroLolSauce
lol@doubling from dd go back to cv you sewer rat

My friend, there is no need for such insults. Would you call your grandmother a sewer rat?

YousufKhan1212
Using Maths for measuring growth in power could be taken with a grain of salt, but saying that ROTS Anakin is twice as powerful as AOTC Anakin would be an understatement, so Anakin's claim about growing twice as powerful is a severe underestimation. I don't know about ROTS Anakin being twice as powerful as DD Anakin.

McP
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
In Dark Disciple Anakin and Dooku fight as equals whereas in the ROTS novel Anakin clearly dominates the fight once he breaks out of holding back with Shien and starts using Djem So.

Basing on ROTS movie, ROTS script and Rise and fall of DV, Dooku had the upper hand over Anakin. Even after Obi-Wan's defeat, Anakin wasn't able to take an advantage over Dooku. But after he started to use his dark emotions, and reached clarity of mind's state, he nearly stomped Dooku.
Anakin's Djem So wasn't enough for Dooku, it's Stover's BS

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by McP
Basing on ROTS movie, ROTS script and Rise and fall of DV, Dooku had the upper hand over Anakin. Even after Obi-Wan's defeat, Anakin wasn't able to take an advantage over Dooku. But after he started to use his dark emotions, and reached clarity of mind's state, he nearly stomped Dooku.
Anakin's Djem So wasn't enough for Dooku, it's Stover's BS

Stover's BS? By that logic we're throwing everything about the Mace and Sidious fight out from the ROTS novelization out the window.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.