What if R5-D4 had a good motivator in ANH?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
As the title says

DarthAnt66
I been under the impression R2 sabotaged R5.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I been under the impression R2 sabotaged R5.

Well there's been a few different ways.

One is as you said, R2 sabotaged the droid.

Another is that R2 sent a message to R5 saying to sabotage the sale so he could continue his mission, so R5 blew his own motivator so that R2 could be bought and continue the mission he was tasked for.

R5 was then later stolen and then sold to an Alliance historian before being refurbished and gathered Imperial intelligence on Tatooine for the Rebel Alliance.

So either way as per Legends anyway, R5 didn't really have a bad motivator no matter which way you look at it.

The latter reason is more recent and has multiple sources, so I think the R2 sabotage is outdated.

The New Canon also goes with this idea too.

Raptor22
He never had a bad motivator. He was a Jedi who had 2 visions of the future. One with him getting chosen, causing Luke to never leave tatooine, obi wan and leia dying and the empire winning. The other of r2 going with Luke and our heroes being victorious. So he used the force to blow his motivator and sacrifice himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.