You know, Celebs and sex scandals are nothing new

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Steve Zodiac
From Rock Hudson to Polanski to Sheen, who gives a shit. Enjoy the films, famous people like normal people are usually shits. In fact, famous people are just acting out how normal people would be if they could be famous. People, aren't they just *****?

Beniboybling
"Ignore the pedo rings, just keeping watching those movies."

Foxsteak
There are many coming out most recently though.

Firefly218
This stuff is what humans do when they are corrupted by power. Hollywood is just the most visible industry, but this exists everywhere.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Beniboybling
"Ignore the pedo rings, just keeping watching those movies." Nope, just don't be suprised by them. truthfully, I think far more of them are at it than people would suspect, male and female. Clive Barker wrote a fantastic book called Coldheart Canyon, about the perverted ghosts of the Golden age of Hollywood, it was based on many stories of the goings on of those days. We only have to look at Savile to see what celebs can get away with. Then we have all the rumours surrounding the British Royals etc. The truth is probably the biggest fish are above the law... The Police say now Ted Heath is death they should have investigated him more, they didn't when he was alive. Flip the coin, looks like Cliff Richard was probably just smeared. Probably and the probably shows if it was a smear, the damage was done.

Bashar Teg
peoples' business has never been so publicly aired, which in turns brings more victims to come forward. probably countless people have come forward in the past and were waved off as 'hysterical', or 'she threw herself at me', etc. i don't think this kind of social justice was possible before the digital age. also i think this is a reflection on a much larger cultural shift where tolerance toward things like rape and hebephilia are going bye-bye, rather than scoffed at as "locker room talk". and yes i'm well aware of the irony of my so-called president. smile

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
peoples' business has never been so publicly aired, which in turns brings more victims to come forward. probably countless people have come forward in the past and were waved off as 'hysterical', or 'she threw herself at me', etc. i don't think this kind of social justice was possible before the digital age. also i think this is a reflection on a much larger cultural shift where tolerance toward things like rape and hebephilia are going bye-bye. and yes i'm well aware of the irony of my so-called president. smile Some people are still protected and protected and protected. Princes Andrew and Philip rumours abound around and yet, no investigation will ever happen.

Surtur
People are not saying sex scandals are new. The current scandals are widespread, including not only perpetrators but others in Hollywood who knew and said nothing. On top of that, unlike those other scandals you mentioned...all these stories are dropping around the same time. Everyday there is a new celebrity accused. None of the scandals you mentioned even compare to what people like Weinstein and Spacey are being accused of by others.

Do not get me wrong: I am not going to let it keep me from enjoying any of these movies or shows that feature these people, but I understand why it is a story.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Surtur
People are not saying sex scandals are new. The current scandals are widespread, including not only perpetrators but others in Hollywood who knew and said nothing. On top of that, unlike those other scandals you mentioned...all these stories are dropping around the same time. Everyday there is a new celebrity accused. None of the scandals you mentioned even compare to what people like Weinstein and Spacey are being accused of by others.

Do not get me wrong: I am not going to let it keep me from enjoying any of these movies or shows that feature these people, but I understand why it is a story. I think Savile does...

Surtur
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I think Savile does...

I had no clue who that person was so I had to look it up. It seems it is some tv and radio personality from the UK. He seems like he was a horrible person, but most Americans aren't even going to know who that is. So I think it's understandable with all these different celebrities being implicated in things that it is a big story.

Steve Zodiac
I had no clue who that person was so I had to look it up. It seems it is some tv and radio personality from the UK. He seems like he was a horrible person, but most Americans aren't even going to know who that is. So I think it's understandable with all these different celebrities being implicated in things that it is a big story. The scope of Savile's abuse is another level, the fact he was blessed by the Pope, friends with the Queen, Prime Minister, IRA and organised crime in the UK, Europe and the US. Puts things on another level. Hell, his necrophilia and possible use of a serial killer to further his aims, led alone, gaining free run of a mental hospital to abuse the patients is the stuff of nightmares and comic books.

Surtur
The scope of Savile's abuse is another level, the fact he was blessed by the Pope, friends with the Queen, Prime Minister, IRA and organised crime in the UK, Europe and the US. Puts things on another level. Hell, his necrophilia and possible use of a serial killer to further his aims, led alone, gaining free run of a mental hospital to abuse the patients is the stuff of nightmares and comic books.

I agree with you that it is bigger than anything that has happened here. But like I said...most people here will have no clue who that person is.

Steve Zodiac
I agree with you that it is bigger than anything that has happened here. But like I said...most people here will have no clue who that person is.

I think you'd be surprised on that. To be honest, I think the Jeffrey Epstein stuff in the US was on another level also, it's just the names of the individuals involved are too big and it was not and will never be investigated properly, you have Clinton, Bush Snr, Prince Andrew, Richard Branson all as names in the rumour mill, the truth, who can say?

Surtur
But the important difference here is all this coming out around the same time. By this time tomorrow I'm sure more names will have been added to the list.

Steve Zodiac
But the important difference here is all this coming out around the same time. By this time tomorrow I'm sure more names will have been added to the list. It will get interesting if any link to Epstein is found and all that gets reopened, then it moves from Celebs and Hollywood, to the real elite.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Firefly218
This stuff is what humans do when they are corrupted by power. Hollywood is just the most visible industry, but this exists everywhere. Missed this. Very true! thumb up

Afro Cheese
From Rock Hudson to Polanski to Sheen, who gives a shit. Enjoy the films, famous people like normal people are usually shits. In fact, famous people are just acting out how normal people would be if they could be famous. People, aren't they just *****? I basically agree... I don't necessarily let the character of the artist taint the art for me. I still think the Cosby Show was possibly the best black sitcom of all time, for example.

But it does make me lose the respect I previously had for the man. He seemed so ****ing wholesome. It's just crazy to think of Dr Husktable sticking his old dick into some drugged up broad. And then in the next episode, he's teaching Theo how to inconspicuously slip the pill into a lady's drink.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I basically agree... I don't necessarily let the character of the artist taint the art for me. I still think the Cosby Show was possibly the best black sitcom of all time, for example.

But it does make me lose the respect I previously had for the man. He seemed so ****ing wholesome. It's just crazy to think of Dr Husktable sticking his old dick into some drugged up broad. And then in the next episode, he's teaching Theo how to inconspicuously slip the pill into a lady's drink. Cosby was a funny man, perve of the highest order but a great comedian.

I think the truth is the mindset of most male celebs from game show hosts to film directors is - "grab them by the pussy" and/or dick, depending on persuasion. I actually think many female celebs have the same mindset, although financial gain, as well as sexual gratification, often figures in the notches on their bedposts.

dadudemon
The scope of Savile's abuse is another level, the fact he was blessed by the Pope, friends with the Queen, Prime Minister, IRA and organised crime in the UK, Europe and the US. Puts things on another level. Hell, his necrophilia and possible use of a serial killer to further his aims, led alone, gaining free run of a mental hospital to abuse the patients is the stuff of nightmares and comic books.

You just can't write stuff as ****ed up as humans really can be. Sometimes, reality is creepier and more disgusting than edgy fiction.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by dadudemon
You just can't write stuff as ****ed up as humans really can be. Sometimes, reality is creepier and more disgusting than edgy fiction. Absolutely DDM, Savile, really was a Joker type figure. He looked crazy and yet hid in plain sight. Clips exist on youtube of him actually doing things like touching girls up on live TV and pretending it is a big joke. He had a caravan parked inside a school for a while.

socool8520
From Rock Hudson to Polanski to Sheen, who gives a shit. Enjoy the films, famous people like normal people are usually shits. In fact, famous people are just acting out how normal people would be if they could be famous. People, aren't they just *****?

People give a shit because sexual harassment and pedophilia is wrong. lol Do you not give a shit?

Bashar Teg
i think his point relates more to our presumably common trend of not only condemning the celebrity, but also their works.

Surtur
i think his point relates more to our presumably common trend of not only condemning the celebrity, but also their works.

Well no, not at all. He is saying "who gives a shit". That's a big Nope. You can give a shit about these people being horrible and still watch the films.

socool8520

Hmmmmm...depends on the actor I suppose. Ben Affleck is a shitty person and a shitty actor. lol

I see your point though. I still think Spacey is a good actor just a shitty human being.

Surtur
Hmm, but wait...this just got me thinking about something. Has anyone heard the story that Gal Gadot(who plays wonder woman) has said she will not do anymore movies as WW unless Brett Ratner is gone?

Well, what about working with Afleck in the future? He does play Batman, and there does seem to be a hint of romance there too. He flat out admitted to groping someone against their will.

socool8520
^ Word is he doesn't want to do anymore Batman films after this. It's just a rumor though.

Surtur
Originally posted by socool8520
^ Word is he doesn't want to do anymore Batman films after this. It's just a rumor though.

Didn't he squash that rumor at one point? It seems like the Justice League stuff is gonna be multiple movies.

socool8520
I hope he does quit. He sucks as an actor imo.

Bashar Teg
Hmmmmm...depends on the actor I suppose. Ben Affleck is a shitty person and a shitty actor. lol

I see your point though. I still think Spacey is a good actor just a shitty human being.

it's not really a point i agree with. for example i never made a conscious decision to not find bill cosby funny anymore...it just happened. just clarifying what i believe OP's point was.

Flyattractor
Yep....

UUCYfdZb6rI

Bashar Teg
^^ "maybe we need to revisit rape culture, i think it actually does exist; in one place, the entertainment industry" -irredeemable shit stain

Surtur
^^ "maybe we need to revisit rape culture, i think it actually does exist; in one place, the entertainment industry" -irredeemable shit stain

It would be a rape culture though. People knew about this and did nothing. That is rape culture lol. They did not care, they wanted money and fame. If you want to find a rape culture in this country...there it is.

Flyattractor
So you are saying that their ISN'T a "Rape Culture" going on in Hollywood?

And Yes. You spouted off about the Vid with out Watching it. That makes you a HYPOCRITE!

Congrats Bashy.

Bashar Teg
he's suggesting that it only exists in hollywood, though. so you go on believing he has a point and i'll just
stick with my assessment that he's a petty divisive shit stain who would improve society by putting a gun in his mouth. thumb up

Surtur
he's suggesting that it only exists in hollywood, though. so you go on believing he has a point and i'll just
stick with my assessment that he's a petty divisive shit stain who would improve society by putting a gun in his mouth. thumb up

As far as this country is concerned he is 100% correct. The USA itself is not a rape culture.

Bashar Teg
right, it ONLY exists in hollywood. hope you have fun with that, and may all your pretend-smart redpill circlejerks bring you much joy. thumb up

Flyattractor
^ Brought up Drug Use and Group Masturbation.3

BASHY IS A MASSIVE HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!

Surtur
right, it ONLY exists in hollywood. hope you have fun with that, and may all your pretend-smart redpill circlejerks bring you much joy. thumb up

Yes lol, it only exists in Hollywood. That isn't to say the country is perfect is handling rape, but overall our country is not a rape culture. You can say "hope you have fun with that" all you want, but it's true.

Robtard
TIL: Rape culture now exist when before it was just a "Leftist" lie, but only in Hollywood.

Robtard
It will get interesting if any link to Epstein is found and all that gets reopened, then it moves from Celebs and Hollywood, to the real elite.

It will never move to the upper echelon, they're protected because hey have the money/power and are the ones who make the rules. Still happy that the smaller fish are being dinged, it's not true justice, but we take what we can get

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
TIL: Rape culture now exist when before it was just a "Leftist" lie, but only in Hollywood.

How clever do you think this is? We received new information about Hollywood. It changes the perception when you find out in this business(that really permeates many different businesses considering everything you need to make a film) had sexual predators and a ton of people knew and kept quiet.

Flyattractor
Truly a Perfect Example of the

https://lindanee.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/black-kettle.jpg

That and a good point of Hollywood Hypocrisy is when Crowder points out how LeftyWood treated VP Pence and his views on Morality.

TRUE HYPOCRISY!!

Robtard
How clever do you think this is? We received new information about Hollywood. It changes the perception when you find out in this business(that really permeates many different businesses considering everything you need to make a film) had sexual predators and a ton of people knew and kept quiet.

Dude, you have gone on relentlessly how rape culture is a 'Leftist lie'; denied its existence ad vomitum, but now you're admitting it's true, but only in Hollywood because you view Hollywood as a "Leftist" cult.

This is an example of you have zero intellectual honestly. You're listening to shitboy Crowder because you can spin this into another attack on Hollywood and therefore the Left.

Flyattractor
And ^ that is called TWISTING THE FACTS to fit your OWN Narrative.

Otherwise known as LYING!!!!!

Bashar Teg
Dude, you have gone on relentlessly how rape culture is a 'Leftist lie'; denied its existence ad vomitum, but now you're admitting it's true, but only in Hollywood because you view Hollywood as a "Leftist" cult.

This is an example of you have zero intellectual honestly. You're listening to shitboy Crowder because you can spin this into another attack on Hollywood and therefore the Left.

^bingo

no it's just a shift of culture and universal tolerances, flushing out the old order of tolerated sexual abuse culture (you like to call it 'locker room talk') of hollywood. i'm all for it, and especially for washington because trump is a gleaming shitstain of an example why tolerated sexual abuse culture is a huge problem on a much grander scale than hollywood.

you're just trying to make this about hollywood to push your angry am-radio addict grandpa agenda and avoid the greater truth.

Nah, it's a problem in Hollywood more than anything else, and anyone who can't see it is delusional.

It's about Hollywood. You see, this is like 2+2. there is no debate about the answer. It's 4.

clown

Flyattractor
You know you hit a New Low when you have to quote YOURSELF!

Raisen
there are shiit tons of false rape allegations...not just unsubstantiated outside of hollywood.

so...there's quid pro quo and some other stuff inside Hollywood where lots of money and power is involved.

is this surprising?

Flyattractor
Nope. That is LeftyWood for you.

Lestov16
So Roger Ailes is a part of LeftyWood? Or are you just going to leave him out of this? Also, will you ignore Trump's ties with Weinstein? Between Weinstein and Ailes, Trump seems to loving hanging around sexual predators. They probably go pussy grabbing together

socool8520
^ Yes because Trump is the only politician that rubbed elbow with Weinstein.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Lestov16
So Roger Ailes is a part of LeftyWood? Or are you just going to leave him out of this? Also, will you ignore Trump's ties with Weinstein? Between Weinstein and Ailes, Trump seems to loving hanging around sexual predators. They probably go pussy grabbing together

So its "bad" when Trump does it but "Not Bad" when People like Bill Clinton Do it?

And as for Roger Ailes....I don't recall seeing Him or his networks do NEARLY as Much MORAL PREACHING as the Rest of Leftywood has done over the years.

Bashar Teg
^ Yes because Trump is the only politician that rubbed elbow with Weinstein.

how does that contradict the point? do you think you just proved that this is exclusively a left/hollywood issue? what is so difficult about accepting that it really isn't?

socool8520
how does that contradict the point? do you think you just proved that this is exclusively a left/hollywood issue? what is so difficult about accepting that it really isn't?

It doesn't but if you are going to throw politicians in the mix at least be more inclusive than one guy. lol

Raisen
lol. from now on every president is going to be hated on by half the country. it's really been going on since Bush.

we're all being manipulated to be emotional retards lol

Firefly218

This is an example of you have zero intellectual honestly. You're listening to shitboy Crowder because you can spin this into another attack on Hollywood and therefore the Left. boom

Flyattractor
boom

Leftywood is well known for its Higly Hypocritical Views especially when it comes to things like Sex and Morality. Always on their MORAL High Horse. Only to see all their little supplicants kow tow and cover for them when they call off it.

So yes.. BOOM indeed.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Raisen
lol. from now on every president is going to be hated on by half the country. it's really been going on since Bush.

we're all being manipulated to be emotional retards lol I don't hate Bush because he's a Republican, I hate Bush because he launched a pointless war in Iraq that killed hundreds of thousands of innocents and crashed our economy with bad policy, reckless spending and tax cuts.

If a democrat did all those things, we'd hate them too.

Lets not make it a 50-50 partisan divide thing.

Bashar Teg
one guy. lol

k happy trolling thumb up

Flyattractor
Now that is a Big LIE!!!!!!!

socool8520
k happy trolling thumb up

Oh my fault. Just Republicans. It's much more unbiased now. lol

Raisen
I don't hate Bush because he's a Republican, I hate Bush because he launched a pointless war in Iraq that killed hundreds of thousands of innocents and crashed our economy with bad policy, reckless spending and tax cuts.

I didn't make it a partisan thing. Bush started the great divide as far as I see. it's been growing since him.

you made it a partisan thing for some reason. I didn't like what I knew of bush either. nor his successor.

Robtard
I don't hate Bush because he's a Republican, I hate Bush because he launched a pointless war in Iraq that killed hundreds of thousands of innocents and crashed our economy with bad policy, reckless spending and tax cuts.

^
Exactly.

I actually somewhat liked Bush pre 9/11, he gave us all that tax stimulus thing; which was little more than when the new Roman Emperor would hand out free bread to the plebs to appease the rabble and in hindsight it only helped in crashing the economy, but at the time it seemed like a cool gesture.

Stigma

thumb up

socool8520

So your'e not really digging Obama for his airstrikes in several countries then right? If we are being fair?

Raisen
people are just biting this shiit like I made it partisan lol. when it was firefly that ended up making it partisan.

funny how this shiit works

socool8520
I'm just about being fair.

Stigma
people are just biting this shiit like I made it partisan lol. when it was firefly that ended up making it partisan.

I don't. I know you're not partisan, bro.

I just think he said something on point regarding Bush.

Raisen
Originally posted by Stigma
I don't. I know you're not partisan, bro.

I just think he said something on point regarding Bush.

he absolutely made a valid point but the way he came it was manipulative in my opinion

Flyattractor
So your'e not really digging Obama for his airstrikes in several countries then right? If we are being fair?

Or how about when Bill Clinton Murdered that Janitor at the Aspirin Factory?

Stigma
he absolutely made a valid point but the way he came it was manipulative in my opinion
I see.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Or how about when Bill Clinton Murdered that Janitor at the Aspirin Factory?
Say whaaaat?

Bashar Teg
Oh my fault. Just Republicans. It's much more unbiased now. lol

whoa look at that, another strawman demolished. now magically it's only a left/hollywood issue. good job thumb up

Flyattractor
Yeah! Ol' Bubba use a MISSILE to kill some innocent Broom Pusher in the Mid East! His only reply was "WHOOPS"!!

Foxsteak
Raisen, sounds like "ramen"

socool8520
whoa look at that, another strawman demolished. now magically it's only a left/hollywood issue. good job thumb up

Not at all. In fact, the way lestov set it up, the only examples outside of Hollywood were Republicans. That's not accurate. Sexual harassment isn't politically exclusive to one or the other, but you run with your thing.

Flyattractor
So you like to Noodle then I take it?

Bashar Teg
Not at all. In fact, the way lestov set it up, the only examples outside of Hollywood were Republicans.

he really didn't, though. the point he was challenging was that the issue is somehow not also prevalent on the right. you're either mistakenly or deliberately misrepresenting that.

That's not accurate. Sexual harassment isn't politically exclusive to one or the other, but you run with your thing.

then i guess we are in violent agreement, because i'm saying pretty much the same thing.

Flyattractor
The BIGGEST Differences in this argument between Right and Left is that the LEFT has a Much Bigger Stage from which to Shout its Hypocrisy at people.

socool8520
he really didn't, though. the point he was challenging was that the issue is somehow not also prevalent on the right. you're either mistakenly or deliberately misrepresenting that.

Then there is no reason to bring up Republicans unless we are assuming all of Hollywood are Democrats, and that they are the only ones assaulting people.

Bashar Teg
Then there is no reason to bring up Republicans unless we are assuming all of Hollywood are Democrats, and that they are the only ones assaulting people.

that actually is the assumption being peddled by our resident confirmation-bias addicts, though: that the left and hollywood are two heads of the same snake, when the reality of the situation is just as you say. hollywood= all persuasions just like politics.

Flyattractor
Oh that is RICH!

Firefly218
I didn't make it a partisan thing. Bush started the great divide as far as I see. it's been growing since him.

you made it a partisan thing for some reason. I didn't like what I knew of bush either. nor his successor. I don't know your intentions but I assumed by great divide you were referring to liberals and conservatives being further apart today than they were decades ago? If that is your meaning than I disagree, Bush was not a polarizing figure. For the most part, conservatives AND liberals were united in their criticisms of Bush.

The cause of today's divide I think can be attributed to more complex, sinister causes. Misinformation and propaganda have crowded our information channels, paranoia is back in a different way. I don't think this has to do with Bush himself, but it did start under the Bush administration.

So your'e not really digging Obama for his airstrikes in several countries then right? If we are being fair? Yeah that's a point on which I would criticize Obama. I think his use of drones was misguided and ultimately more harmful than helpful.

socool8520
that actually is the assumption being peddled by our resident confirmation-bias addicts, though: that the left and hollywood are two heads of the same snake, when the reality of the situation is just as you say. hollywood= all persuasions just like politics.

Honestly, looking back through all the posts, I didn't see where anyone made this a Leftywood situation except Fly. And Fly's gonna be Fly so....lol

Raisen
Hollywood does seem to be considerably more liberal. the recent rash of sex scandals in Hollywood are by people of liberal persuasion.
this is just the truth

however, there's no shortage of "religious" righties doings sick things in politics.

Flyattractor
Just putting the "FACTS' out there. And some times the FACTS hurt.

Firefly218
Hollywood does seem to be considerably more liberal. the recent rash of sex scandals in Hollywood are by people of liberal persuasion.
this is just the truth

however, there's no shortage of "religious" righties doings sick things in politics. Power corrupts people of all persuasions, doesn't matter.

Raisen
Honestly, looking back through all the posts, I didn't see where anyone made this a Leftywood situation except Fly. And Fly's gonna be Fly so....lol

EXACTLY. it's usually one of Fly's comments that someone attaches to. he makes these general statements with some condescending catch phrase that is hashed in the right wing media 10000 times a day and someone else runs with it.

you're alright fly but those little brain washed catch phrases make anyone who uses them look ignorant as shiit

Flyattractor
What is it like trying to not pick a side to be on My Little Sun Dried Grape?

Raisen
Power corrupts people of all persuasions, doesn't matter.

I can agree. I just think it takes a certain personality. you have to be kind of a scum bag that can easily lie to yourself to become a mother phucker like some of these dudes.

give me millions and all the power in the world and i'm still not turning into a Weinstein (if he's guilty)

we blame it on outside sources but this shiit all comes from inside and how strong you are mentally

Raisen
What is it like trying to not pick a side to be on My Little Sun Dried Grape?

my side is honesty and truth.

you talk like phucking rush Limbaugh dude. you're brain washed and ignorant.
and you have to choose "sides" that are already established for you like life is just two phucking sports teams competing.

I live by my own interpretations. you live by talk radio slogans

Robtard

I don't think he was trying to manipulate your point at all, just explaining how he's not a "my side can do no wrong" either and would call out shit as being shit wherever it pops up, I least that's how I read his post and why I agreed with it and gave an example.

Robtard
my side is honesty and truth.

you talk like phucking rush Limbaugh dude. you're brain washed and ignorant.
and you have to choose "sides" that are already established for you like life is just two phucking sports teams competing.

I live by my own interpretations. you live by talk radio slogans

Dude, you're wasting your time trying to reason and logic with Fly, he's a moron and his sole purpose here is to say moronic things.

Raisen
I don't think he was trying to manipulate your point at all, just explaining how he's not a "my side can do no wrong" either and would call out shit as being shit wherever it pops up, I least that's how I read his post

then he came out prematurely defensive by stating let's not make this a partisan thing...as he quoted me.

either way it's no big deal

Adam_PoE

Except Roger Ailes, and Bill O'Reilly, and . . .

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

And George Takei and Kevin Spacey and...

Firefly218
I don't think he was trying to manipulate your point at all, just explaining how he's not a "my side can do no wrong" either and would call out shit as being shit wherever it pops up, I least that's how I read his post and why I agreed with it and gave an example. thumb up

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

No human being should have the degree of untouchable power or royalty that men like Weinstein and Ailes had.

Not to mention that to even attain that level of CEO success, the person likely has a twisted mind to begin with. A good portion of CEOs are psychopaths able to focus on themselves single-mindedly and sacrifice all those who get in their way. No one totally sound of mind has the initiative to become a Hollywood mogul or News titan

Flyattractor
Ahh the good old "only Poor People are Good People" drivel.
Ok to HATE THE RICH AND ThE WHITE!

Love that narrative.

Firefly218
Ahh the good old "only Poor People are Good People" drivel.
Ok to HATE THE RICH AND ThE WHITE!

Love that narrative. There's like a Stanford study on it. The type of people who become CEOs are generally very different from everyday folk. To reach the pinnacle of an industry you've got to have special brain chemistry.

socool8520
^ That doesn't automatically mean psycho

Flyattractor
There's like a Stanford study on it. The type of people who become CEOs are generally very different from everyday folk. To reach the pinnacle of an industry you've got to have special brain chemistry.

I know; Hollywood has been telling me that Rich People are EVIL for Decades now.

eek!

Raisen
I'm more of a conservative libertarian. blaming rich people in general seems silly to me but...

how do you explain the type of mentality of a guy that is worth billions and can easily lay off a guy a few years from retiremement. just to save 40k a year. a guy with kids that have problems and a wife. a guy who is going to be destroyed.
just common sense thinking. what kind of person does it take to do this?

what does someone say inside their head to make this ok?

i'm genuinely asking. i really want insight into this because i know i'm an a$$hole but i've given the last few dollars in my wallet to the few homeless people that actually convinced me of their plight.

Firefly218
^ That doesn't automatically mean psycho In the case of Weinstein I think it does mean psycho

socool8520
In reference to raisen's question

Well, considering he is so high up he doesn't even have to think about or see that person. Kinda like how people can be sociopaths on the internet. You don't have to see your target.

socool8520
In the case of Weinstein I think it does mean psycho

Sure, but we can't blanket that for everyone.

Firefly218
Sure, but we can't blanket that for everyone. We can't blanket anything for everyone, just a point I was making about Weinstein and Ailes specifically

socool8520
"Not to mention that to even attain that level of CEO success, the person likely has a twisted mind to begin with. A good portion of CEOs are psychopaths able to focus on themselves single-mindedly and sacrifice all those who get in their way. No one totally sound of mind has the initiative to become a Hollywood mogul or News titan"

^ Then why say that

Raisen
so is oprah a psycho?

Firefly218
"Not to mention that to even attain that level of CEO success, the person likely has a twisted mind to begin with. A good portion of CEOs are psychopaths able to focus on themselves single-mindedly and sacrifice all those who get in their way. No one totally sound of mind has the initiative to become a Hollywood mogul or News titan"

^ Then why say that It's just a theory. Perhaps psychopath is the wrong word to use. Weinstein and Ailes are part of a group of people with very different mindsets than the average person. Very different can mean anything from positive to negative.

Raisen
It's just a theory. Perhaps psychopath is the wrong word to use. Weinstein and Ailes are part of a group of people with very different mindsets than the average person. Very different can mean anything from positive to negative.

yeah. the average person is whining about injustices that keep them down while they plug away at one of 100 social media apps...screaming for attention. the average person is concerned with what the rich and wealthy are eating and hating anybody who has more than them

socool8520
They have drive, but they are also narcissistic and lack empathy or consideration for others. It's the last couple things that are the problem and what steered them the wrong way.

Raisen
They have drive, but they are also narcissistic and lack empathy or consideration for others. It's the last couple things that are the problem and what steered them the wrong way.

thumb up

that sounds good to me

Firefly218
They have drive, but they are also narcissistic and lack empathy or consideration for others. It's the last couple things that are the problem and what steered them the wrong way. Lacking empathy or consideration for others might make it easier to ascend the power hierarchy and reach levels of success that are blocked to more empathetic and considerate people. My theory is that Weinstein was a prick to begin with and the money and power just magnified what was already there.

Raisen
Lacking empathy or consideration for others might make it easier to ascend the power hierarchy and reach levels of success that are blocked to more empathetic and considerate people. My theory is that Weinstein was a prick to begin with and the money and power just magnified what was already there.

most likely

Surtur

Dude, I found out new information. There's nothing controversial or dishonest about it. It has nothing to do with it being leftist, it has to do with it being a cesspool.

And people like you are trying to spin this so it's not about Hollywood. It won't work.

socool8520
Lacking empathy or consideration for others might make it easier to ascend the power hierarchy and reach levels of success that are blocked to more empathetic and considerate people. My theory is that Weinstein was a prick to begin with and the money and power just magnified what was already there.

That's drive. People can be great with ambition which doesn't always mean the lack empathy.

it is true though that they would have been the same type of people without the success but that just means more than likely, they lacked drive while being pricks.

Robtard
Dude, I found out new information. There's nothing controversial or dishonest about it. It has nothing to do with it being leftist, it has to do with it being a cesspool.

And people like you are trying to spin this so it's not about Hollywood. It won't work.

Rape cultures exist, this is nothing new; it's not just in Hollywood though. Which is the point. Go take a nap.

Surtur
Rape cultures exist, this is nothing new; it's not just in Hollywood though. Which is the point. Go take a nap.

In this country it's only in Hollywood. Overall, our country isn't a rape culture.

Raisen
what is a rape culture? from anyone's point of view. I want to know

Firefly218
In this country it's only in Hollywood. Wow, what an unsurprisingly small-minded, uneducated perspective from surt

Raisen
I want someone to explain to me how the us is a rape culture

Surtur
what is a rape culture? from anyone's point of view. I want to know

No not anyone's point of view. You have to use the definition feminists use. Which is that it is a country that just doesn't care about rape. Where rape happens and the people are meh about it. It doesn't need to be a place where rape is encouraged or cheered, but it can also apply to that.

This happened in Hollywood. It permeated the various aspects of the business, not just actors, but producers, directors, etc. People kept quiet.

Overall in the USA, we do not have that. We, on average, do not ignore rape. I say on average because I'm sure someone could go find examples of it not being perfect. Brock Turner got a light sentence, but that's not rape culture because it pissed the country off. It became big news. In a rape culture that's not a big story, it's a meh story.

The USA as a whole is not a rape culture. Hollywood, as a whole, seems to be.

Robtard
In this country it's only in Hollywood. Overall, our country isn't a rape culture.

Yeah, go take a nap.

Surtur
Wow, what an unsurprisingly small-minded, uneducated perspective from surt

Oh bullshit. Our country overall isn't a rape culture. Don't talk to me about being uneducated, you've said some incredibly stupid shit here on multiple occasions. IOW: you have zero room to talk.

Surtur
Yeah, go take a nap.

So the entire country as a whole is a rape culture, to you? I just want to be clear that, in your mind, this is a country that just overall ignores rape, etc.

Raisen
a few months ago I posted like 10 links to false rape statistics that nobody even addressed. law enforcement stats and all of that.

if anything we have a culture where people aren't prosecuted for lying and phucking up dude's lives.

I mean. i'm open minded to logic and facts. or even personal testimony.

anybody here know of a confirmed rape that was not prosecuted?

let's hear the stories.

I can be swayed

Firefly218
I want someone to explain to me how the us is a rape culture Rape culture isn't a USA thing it's a humanity thing. It's about the power imbalance between Men and Women, or what we call Patriarchy. Historically, patriarchy is an institution that has existed since the caveman days. Women have been getting raped for thousands of years.

Rape of children is a similar power imbalance. It involves an adult exploiting a vulnerable child.

Surtur
Rape culture isn't a USA thing it's a humanity thing. It's about the power imbalance between Men and Women, or what we call Patriarchy. Historically, patriarchy is an institution that has existed since the caveman days. Women have been getting raped for thousands of years.

Rape of children is a similar power imbalance. It involves an adult exploiting a vulnerable child.

But we do not tend to ignore child rape or not care about it.

Firefly218
Oh bullshit. Our country overall isn't a rape culture. Don't talk to me about being uneducated, you've said some incredibly stupid shit here on multiple occasions. IOW: you have zero room to talk. Something you don't agree with ≠ stupid shit

Surtur
a few months ago I posted like 10 links to false rape statistics that nobody even addressed. law enforcement stats and all of that.

if anything we have a culture where people aren't prosecuted for lying and phucking up dude's lives.

let's hear the stories.

I can be swayed

We do have false rape accusations, but even besides that we just do not have a culture that overall tends to ignore rape.

In other words: if we're a rape culture we're also an everything culture. Every crime. Murder culture. Drug culture. Molestation culture. Drunk driving culture.

Surtur
Something you don't agree with ≠ stupid shit

I was referring to stuff in the past mostly, you've been called out not just by me for the silly shit you say.

And you just said more shit, going on about the power imbalance and patriarchy.

Firefly218
I was referring to stuff in the past mostly, you've been called out not just by me for the silly shit you say.

By your Republican-apologist buddies?

And you just said more shit, going on about the power imbalance and patriarchy.

Something you don't understand ≠ stupid shit

Surtur
By your Republican-apologist buddies?

Something you don't understand ≠ stupid shit

*smh* Why would you even say that given the leftist apologists on your side?

And you wave it off as people not understanding, but you're going on about patriarchy and all that.

I get what is going on. Hollywood is very much full of leftists. They also have ties to the media as well. I see the urgency to make this about the country in general. It won't be happening, but I totally get it.

Firefly218

let's hear the stories.

I can be swayed How about the 60 women Bill Cosby raped

Robtard
So the entire country as a whole is a rape culture, to you? I just want to be clear that, in your mind, this is a country that just overall ignores rape, etc.

No, the entire country is not a rape culture, that's the strawman you're trying to apply to anyone who shot down your "it's only in Hollywood!" argument, considering in the past you outright denied that a rape culture existed and mocked people who held the belief.

What I said is that Hollywood isn't the only institution where a rape culture thrives.

Raisen
Rape culture isn't a USA thing it's a humanity thing. It's about the power imbalance between Men and Women, or what we call Patriarchy. Historically, patriarchy is an institution that has existed since the caveman days. Women have been getting raped for thousands of years.

we don't live in a patriarchy in the us. women have same if not more rights and less responsibility.

Surtur
No, then entire country is not a rape culture, that's the strawman you're trying to apply to anyone who shot down your "it's only in Hollywood!" argument. What I said is that Hollywood isn't the only place where a rape culture thrives.

I see, describe another place it exists here.

Firefly218
*smh* Why would you even say that given the leftist apologists on your side?

And you wave it off as people not understanding, but you're going on about patriarchy and all that. Patriarchy should be something you understand. Historically, Men have been in charge of societies and civilizations, Men have been at the center of politics and religion, Men have controlled the household.

Given that fact, when we compare Women and Men as genders, there's a power imbalance there. Don't you agree?

Surtur
we don't live in a patriarchy in the us. women have same if not more rights and less responsibility.

You always see the feminists going on about CEO's. There aren't many female CEO's. Granted that is true, but then again there aren't many women working as garbagemen either(or I guess garbagewomen) yet you never see complaints about that.

My question is, how does any woman become CEO in a true patriarchy? How's that play out? How, in a patriarchy, would women be getting lesser sentences than men for the same crime?

Robtard
I see, describe another place it exists here.

Education, politics, sports are three other examples. Religious institutions too, if we factor in the the use of denying and hiding the pedo priest, but that has gone down in recent years.

Surtur
Patriarchy should be something you understand. Historically, Men have been in charge of societies and civilizations, Men have been at the center of politics and religion, Men have controlled the household.

Given that fact, when we compare Women and Men as genders, there's a power imbalance there. Don't you agree?

There was, but you know as well as I do there have been a power shift happening lol. You have more women attending college, for one. You have more women bringing home the bacon while the dad stays home with the kids.

Firefly218
we don't live in a patriarchy in the us. women have same if not more rights and less responsibility. You are correct, women have the same rights. But the residual impact of thousands of years of patriarchy doesn't go away that quickly. Women are definitely doing much better today, but Men still overwhelmingly control most of business and politics and religion. Culturally, in the USA there are still places that uphold "traditional" values that involve Women staying in the kitchen.

I do think that the Patriarchy is slowly dying away though. It'll take time and continued work for the culture of patriarchy to die.

Raisen
Patriarchy should be something you understand. Historically, Men have been in charge of societies and civilizations, Men have been at the center of politics and religion, Men have controlled the household.

it sounds unpleasant but perhaps we should examine the power structure in other sexual dymorphic creatures? the biological and hormonal differences between the sexes that affects rational and how we employ justice.

perhaps there is a good reason men have been in charge especially considering the direct correlation between incarcerated persons being raised by single mothers compared to the per capita statistics of how well children do raised by single men.

objectively. men are better suited for certain things

Surtur
You are correct, women have the same rights. But the residual impact of thousands of years of patriarchy doesn't go away that quickly. Women are definitely doing much better today, but Men still overwhelmingly control most of business and politics and religion. Culturally, in the USA there are still places that uphold "traditional" values that involve Women staying in the kitchen.

I do think that the Patriarchy is slowly dying away though. It'll take time and continued work for the culture of patriarchy to die.

Men also have way higher suicide rates, are more likely to die on the job, etc.

We can do a trade off. I want more female garbage workers and construction workers.

Firefly218
There was, but you know as well as I do there have been a power shift happening lol. You have more women attending college, for one. You have more women bringing home the bacon while the dad stays home with the kids. Exactly, that's called improvement

Raisen
Education, politics, sports are three other examples. Religious institutions too, if we factor in the the use of denying and hiding the pedo priest, but that has gone down in recent years.

female sports don't garner much support. it's a money thing. do you really think people would forego money just cuz sex?

education is more geared towards females now. hence why females are doing better. more emphasis on regurgitation and homework rather than test taking which males naturally excel at.

you got it backwards rob. please open your mind to this

Surtur
Exactly, that's called improvement

Wait now, why is MORE women than men going to college an improvement? Men falling behind in education is not really an improvement.

Raisen
we do not live in anything close to a patriarchal society. you don't want to see what a matriarchal society looks like that has existential threats.

males are bigger, stronger, and our sex hormones give us more clarity in crisis situations. this is science. this is just the way it is

Surtur
female sports don't garner much support. it's a money thing. do you really think people would forego money just cuz sex?

education is more geared towards females now. hence why females are doing better. more emphasis on regurgitation and homework rather than test taking which males naturally excel at.

you got it backwards rob. please open your mind to this

Indeed, boys learn differently than girls, right? And they are falling behind in almost everything.

cdtm
You are correct, women have the same rights. But the residual impact of thousands of years of patriarchy doesn't go away that quickly. Women are definitely doing much better today, but Men still overwhelmingly control most of business and politics and religion. Culturally, in the USA there are still places that uphold "traditional" values that involve Women staying in the kitchen.

Hah. Who do you think is "educating" everyone about the patriarchy?

Far as I can see, the education and media systems that feed off controversy are dominated by men. Do you think they'd allow anyone to break their ranks where it matters, within the spheres of power and influence they control?

No, at best some very few women will join their ranks, but not enough to change the grip guys have on real power, and the women and lower class/middle class men can fight it out for subserviant positions (Wanna bet some among the ruling class might even secretly harbor an anti-feminist view that women are easier to control in middle management positions..?)

Firefly218
men are better suited for certain things That's true, men and women are better suited to different things. Ultimately though, as far as intellectual competence, Men and Women are essentially equal.

The only reason Patriarchy was allowed to flourish is because in the caveman days intellect wasn't valued as much as brute strength, physicality and violence. Men had the upper hand when it came to these things.

Perhaps if the things better suited to Women were highly valued, we would be living in a Matriarchy instead right now.

Raisen
boys still do far better on SAT and IQ test etc.

but in the spirit of "equality" these tests are wronfully scrutinized and marginalized.

women are better at the more robotic tasks like long homework sessions and memorizing and repeating. it's biology.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>