Superman Vs. Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Steve Zodiac
I don't think I have ever seen this thread. Who wins, how does it go down?

ghostman
the stare wont work. and on top of that superman has faced more powerful magical threats than rider. see lady blaze.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by ghostman
the stare wont work. and on top of that superman has faced more powerful magical threats than rider. see lady blaze.

If it would be injustice Superman I would go with GR via PS. But so, no, Supes stomps.

ShadowFyre
Why won't the stare work?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Why won't the stare work?
Pure soul.

JBL
Supermans soul is not pure.

carver9
Lol...his soul isn't pure. Lol. I'm giving this a split.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by JBL
Supermans soul is not pure.

It's pure

Don't start this BS. It's as pure and it can be in the world of comics.

Only one that may match him is Saint Walker lol

Flyattractor
Golden, Silver and most of Bronze Age Superman's have got nothing to fear from the PS. "Modern" and 52 might be a diff story. But even then those "Supes" soul's won't be pure, but its hardly a tarnished rag coated in vile evil or anything....despite what the Anti-Supes Trolls say.

DarkSaint85
Lol. Asmodel says hi. He's actually used an attack that is analogous to the Penance Stare, as close as you can get anyway.

And Superman wasn't affected.

MrMind
superman wins via bfr

JBL
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...his soul isn't pure. Lol. I'm giving this a split. Carver, lets worship superman for one month and see what fellow worshippers call us then. At the moment, we're anti-superman trolls because we DON'T wank superman, so let's wank him for one month and join the cult

RealityWarper
Originally posted by JBL
Carver, lets worship superman for one month and see what fellow worshippers call us then. At the moment, we're anti-superman trolls because we DON'T wank superman, so let's wank him for one month and join the cult

laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by JBL
Carver, lets worship superman for one month and see what fellow worshippers call us then. At the moment, we're anti-superman trolls because we DON'T wank superman, so let's wank him for one month and join the cult

I'm ready. I am taking it a step further and putting a Superman tattoo on my chest...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/a/ae/History-of-superman-logo.jpg

DarkSaint85
https://s5.postimg.org/fgzritdxj/RCO018_1468800020.jpg

JBL
I'm ready. I am taking it a step further and putting a Superman tattoo on my chest...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/a/ae/History-of-superman-logo.jpg I'm changing my name to JB Kal-L

Flyattractor

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/a/ae/History-of-superman-logo.jpg

Carver is lucky. He won't have to shave before getting his tat.

Surprised to see that he can get a Capitol S on there tho.....
smokin'

xJLxKing
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
https://s5.postimg.org/fgzritdxj/RCO018_1468800020.jpg Oh come on!

Don't use this lmao

DarkSaint85
A bonafide Angel tries with an attack which is pretty much like the PS in that pure souls are immune to it...

And Supesy takes it like a champ. Beats whatever debating it is JBL and carver are doing, lol.

Flyattractor
A bonafide Angel tries with an attack which is pretty much like the PS in that pure souls are immune to it...

And Supesy takes it like a champ. Beats whatever debating it is JBL and carver are doing, lol.

No one has tried pulling some Energy Supes BS with this feat?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No one has tried pulling some Energy Supes BS with this feat?

Que?

Flyattractor
You know. He was able to "Energy Manip" off the effects of the attack.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You know. He was able to "Energy Manip" off the effects of the attack.

There's like zero proof of that, lol. That's why no one has brought it up.

Otherwise, if energy manipulators can do that....Vulcan would be able to tank the Penance Stare

Stoic
Didn't the Rider or a version of him fight the Starbrand last month? If Ghost Rider is that much of a physical force, I could see him doing quite well.

Flyattractor
Yeah but that version of Starbrand was pretty much Cuck Lorded for that story.

leonidas
https://s5.postimg.org/fgzritdxj/RCO018_1468800020.jpg

pfft. wtf would a high ranking angel from heaven know about purity or souls? ffs can we PLEASE just ban stupid people? i'm begging at this point.

talk about gr's highest healing feats, or his magic weapons or...anything, but ffs do not talk about the ps taking him out. and of course anyone with a lick of sense enough to realize this fact just HAS to whack off to superman, amiright??? ****ing imbeciles.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by leonidas
pfft. wtf would a high ranking angel from heaven know about purity or souls? ffs can we PLEASE just ban stupid people? i'm begging at this point.

talk about gr's highest healing feats, or his magic weapons or...anything, but ffs do not talk about the ps taking him out. and of course anyone with a lick of sense enough to realize this fact just HAS to whack off to superman, amiright??? ****ing imbeciles.
Take is easy!

Of course PS will work on Superman. Of course he aint pure. He uses his xRay vision to spy on people. He even listens in on people's private conversation!

Flyattractor
But he is an Alien and PS don't always work on them.

iceman24567
I like how the anti Superman brigade just decides his soul isnt pure then when proven otherwise they spam oh the butt hurt laughing Superman wins btw

-Pr-
Originally posted by iceman24567
I like how the anti Superman brigade just decides his soul isnt pure then when proven otherwise they spam oh the butt hurt laughing Superman wins btw

Bitterness causes lies.

Facee
I would say Superman has the purest soul in all comics. The level of restraint that he shows in every appearance is humbling.

As to this match, Superman punches him to death.

carver9

Has anyone been affected by that attack or are we to believe what he said? Also, what does it do to the person that is affected?

Stoic
Has anyone been affected by that attack or are we to believe what he said? Also, what does it do to the person that is affected?

hey man, check out what the scan says.

xJLxKing
oh carver, it never ends

JBL
You have to have a pure soul to lift thors hammer. Guess who failed. I love how everybody along with rats come out of hiding to praise one scan when there are plenty others saying the opposite.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
You have to have a pure soul to lift thors hammer. Guess who failed. I love how everybody along with rats come out of hiding to praise one scan when there are plenty others saying the opposite.

facepalm

JBL
Originally posted by -Pr-
facepalm Read up on thors hammer. Plenty characters are worthy, captain America, Wonder woman, dargo, masterson etc. But lacking a pure heart/soul will prevent even them from lifting it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
Read up on thors hammer. Plenty characters are worthy, captain America, Wonder woman, dargo, masterson etc. But lacking a pure heart/soul will prevent even them from lifting it.

1- You're trying to use an invalid crossover to prove your point.
2- The purity of Superman's soul has actually caused demons to feel physical pain.

JBL
Originally posted by -Pr-
1- You're trying to use an invalid crossover to prove your point.
2- The purity of Superman's soul has actually caused demons to feel physical pain. Do you know how the PS work?

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
Do you know how the PS work?

To an extent, though I'm not sure what relevance it has to Thor's hammer or the purity of Superman's soul other than the obvious.

Damborgson
There's no clear cut formula for lifting Mjolnir.

Some common characteristics however:

-noble
-courageous
-heroic
-able to kill if necessary

And I think its that last one that trips Superman up. If anything, he's too pure for the hammer.

krisblaze
Killing is definitely not a part of the stipulation.

Killing has only gotten Thor in trouble.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Damborgson
There's no clear cut formula for lifting Mjolnir.

Some common characteristics however:

-noble
-courageous
-heroic
-able to kill if necessary

And I think its that last one that trips Superman up. If anything, he's too pure for the hammer.
He picked it up in a crossover, which both companies acknowledge. An event we cant use here in forum for power ranking, but it terms of Superman lifting the Mjolnir, it's totally find.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Do you know how the PS work?

Do you?

Prof. T.C McAbe

We all should get banned and the Forum should be taken over by the most knowledgeable posters this forum has to offer, that is JBL, Carver, Quan and RW.

Then only the "Truth" would prevail.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Pure soul.

Superman has killed and he's been traumatized by it. The Penance Stare will work, no doubt.

Stoic
Originally posted by JBL

No you don't. You just have to be a worthy candidate. Red Norvell picked it up because of his warrior heart.

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
He picked it up in a crossover, which both companies acknowledge. An event we cant use here in forum for power ranking, but it terms of Superman lifting the Mjolnir, it's totally find.

Read the comic again.

leonidas
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Take is easy!

Of course PS will work on Superman. Of course he aint pure. He uses his xRay vision to spy on people. He even listens in on people's private conversation!

stupidity irritates me. and of course you have proof of both your statements, of course?

Prof. T.C McAbe
PS works on people and makes them experience the pain of their victims, the pain they caused with purpose on innocent people. On Superman it won't work, his soul is in that regard pure.

DarkSaint85
It even varies. When used on Venom, for example, hardly the purest soul, GR was hurt more from the backlash.

StiltmanFTW
PS works on people and makes them experience the pain of their victims, the pain they caused with purpose on innocent people. On Superman it won't work, his soul is in that regard pure.

The guilt is a major factor. Superman feels it.

Punisher doesn't and was able to no-sell the stare.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The guilt is a major factor. Superman feels it.

Punisher doesn't and was able to no-sell the stare.

Supermans feels guilt, hence it won't work on him. Acceptance/forgiveness. Easy concept.

StiltmanFTW
Nah.

Castle is everything Supes is not.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111144301/4654386-punisher3.jpg

Penance stare worked on good guys before. Superman is far from perfect, as long as his soul and vision are intact, the PS can mess him up.

RealityWarper
Nah.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111144301/4654386-punisher3.jpg

Penance stare worked on good guys before. Superman is far from perfect, as long as his soul and vision are intact, the PS can mess him up.

Seconded thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Nah.

No as good as Supes and as seen here it fails against worse guys then Supes. If at all this scan with the scan of Asmodel failing a similar power shows that Supermans soul is to pure to be affected by this.

DarkSaint85
There's also Neron saying Superman's soul is too pure for him, and failing to possess him.

https://m.imgur.com/ir2HgX2

So that's an angel and a devil both saying the same thing.

As Leo says, using the PS has a autowin tactic is shaky, just because it IS debateable if it would even work based on 'pureness'.

There are other tactics. But calling people who actually provide proof as Superman lovers is.....yeah.

StiltmanFTW
No as good as Supes and as seen here it fails against worse guys then Supes. If at all this scan with the scan of Asmodel failing a similar power shows that Supermans soul is to pure to be affected by this.

Countless comics have pointed out that Superman is... human. A sinner, just like the rest of us. Flawed.

He also happens to be weak to magic... and even characters with vast magical resistance like Voodoo and Strange failed to defend against the stare.

DarkSaint85
And yet, when an analogous attack is used, he takes it like a champ.

That's like us arguing whether Punisher would tank it or not. At the end of the day, it happened.

Philosophía
There's also Neron saying Superman's soul is too pure for him, and failing to possess him.

https://m.imgur.com/ir2HgX2

So that's an angel and a devil both saying the same thing.

As Leo says, using the PS has a autowin tactic is shaky, just because it IS debateable if it would even work based on 'pureness'.

There are other tactics. But calling people who actually provide proof as Superman lovers is.....yeah. Let's add the demon Etrigan, too:

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/puresoul.jpg?hotlinkfix=1510501734903

CosmicComet
Punisher tanking it was PIS.

Guilt isn't supposed to matter.

abhilegend
Countless comics have pointed out that Superman is... human. A sinner, just like the rest of us. Flawed.

Didn't know you cared stilt.

mmm

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Punisher tanking it was PIS.

Guilt isn't supposed to matter.

He's been an agent of heaven, has resisted telepathy with great success (his brain was compared to that of a reptile)... Vietnam, his war on crime, him murdering his resurrected family... all of that has made Frank an emotionless, soulless killing machine.

Sure, it should've worked anyway... truth is, as inconsistent as PS is, I could see it going either way. Depends on writer's whim, basically.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Didn't know you cared stilt.

mmm

I'm full of surprises.

SquallX
Nah.

This is nothing but pure wank for the Punisher. It doesn't matter if he regretted the things he's done, he still kill, he still cause pain to others, even the innocent bystanders he's war has effected.

So him resisting if pure shitty writing.

leonidas
anyway, in this thread gr still has no answer for superman's speed. may depend on the limits gr is willing to go to though:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80518/1597987-gr_13_0023.jpg

if blaze/ketch/host is in control, superman can score a ko. if he goes full rider....that would be a much MUCH different animal... his weapons could definitely do some damage if he can hit. aoe attacks would hurt supes, amybe enough to give gr a chance to use them. depends fully on what level gr we're talking about. such a complicated character.

JBL
Flash, Hyperion,Gladiator, Superman, Quicksilver, Supreme and ALL other speedsters have been smashed, knocked silly and tagged by FAR slower characters Plenty of times. This " no answer for speed " excuse is getting old and useless.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SquallX
This is nothing but pure wank for the Punisher. It doesn't matter if he regretted the things he's done, he still kill, he still cause pain to others, even the innocent bystanders he's war has effected.

So him resisting if pure shitty writing.

You're acting as if he was the only "bad to the bone" badass that resisted it...

RealityWarper
Originally posted by JBL
Flash, Hyperion,Gladiator, Superman, Quicksilver, Supreme and ALL other speedsters have been smashed, knocked silly and tagged by FAR slower characters Plenty of times. This " no answer for speed " excuse is getting old and useless.

So true, same as the massive misunderstanding about how fights happens in comics & mangas...

Smurph

talk about gr's highest healing feats, or his magic weapons or...anything, but ffs do not talk about the ps taking him out. and of course anyone with a lick of sense enough to realize this fact just HAS to whack off to superman, amiright??? ****ing imbeciles. laughing out loud

RealityWarper
Probably Superman

emporerpants
*sigh* 3 examples of Supes tanking similar attacks just fine and people are claiming they don't count without providing any real evidence for why the attack would work...and then claiming the people providing the scans of Supes taking those attacks are the biased ones...this is somewhat similar to the lifting thread where Carver claimed that bench pressing the earth's weight doesn't count as lifting, because it's a different kind of lifting. Christ. What the f**k?

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL

You have a single scan supporting your claim of "purity of soul" being a factor?

cdtm
Lol. Asmodel says hi. He's actually used an attack that is analogous to the Penance Stare, as close as you can get anyway.

And Superman wasn't affected.

A good point, and one I would have made.

However, as I understand it the PS basically only taps into your guilt. And post crisis Superman carried some terrible guilt over the Zod execution.

It got so bad, he was dressing up as Gangbuster in his sleep and eventually ditched Earth for awhile.

Edit: And I really need to start reading threads before posting.

I guess being it's Castle, PIS is justifiable.. The character is a walking PIS factory.

Delta1938
Originally posted by cdtm
A good point, and one I would have made.

However, as I understand it the PS basically only taps into your guilt. And post crisis Superman carried some terrible guilt over the Zod execution.

It got so bad, he was dressing up as Gangbuster in his sleep and eventually ditched Earth for awhile.

To my understanding, that is a rare take on the PS. Possibly even something a writer pulled out of his ass for Punisher. I'm certainly no expert, but I'd always heard it as not guilt related but them feeling the pain they inflicted on innocents, all at once or something like that. But that's the example getting used primarily now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.