Palp's terrible first name

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKBart
Why do Palpatine fans love to refer to him as "Sheev", lol?

This name is my absolute top 10 of the worst sounding names that don't fit the character at all. And Palp's been referred to as Palpatine/Sidious for literally a decade. Why do people that supposedly like him try to force this new name of his down the throats of others like it's suddenly his most iconic title or something?

This name sucks ass lmao.

Raisen
A sheev is a slang term in Ara bic for a man who gives up his anus for money

Zenwolf
I'm always gonna call him Palpatine. He didn't need a first name, that name could work for both.

Ursumeles
Jesus christ, Sheev is no great name, but voting for the first opinion? That's like comparing a punch in the face with lifelong torture, kbro's arguments, and medicroe german rap.

now gimme my money bart

Azronger

ziggtard
I think the name Robert would have suited him.

|King Joker|

Azronger
Well yeah, but at least it makes sense and fits him. Got any better suggestions?

|King Joker|

ares834
Sheev does fit. It's based on Shiva. Most names from Naboo are based Hindu/Sanskrit names and words, so Sheev continues that pattern.

But, yeah, it still sounds pretty stupid.

ziggtard
Originally posted by Azronger
Well yeah, but at least it makes sense and fits him. Got any better suggestions?

Michael, Jason, Tomas, John Wayne, Greg.. etc are all pretty good.

The Merchant
Dantius would have been a good first name.

The_Tempest
It's a dumb name, but it's so amusing you can't help but use it.

Kurk
Sheev and Jard; rulers of the galaxy!

at least his name isn't elan sleazebaggano...

UCanShootMyNova
Sheev is a garbage name.

Azronger
Originally posted by The Merchant
Dantius would have been a good first name.

Is that derived from Dante Alighieri? He's the poet who wrote Divine Comedy which details the modern depiction of hell. I mean, I could see Sheev being a satanic figure, but I never really got that vibe from him. He's more about darkness, death, the void, unending despair, and so on. Not so much about fire or brimstone or anything like that.

Azronger

Lord Lucien
Why couldn't he just me a mononym? Like Teller. Or Cher.

Rebel95
Originally posted by The_Tempest
It's a dumb name, but it's so amusing you can't help but use it.

TheNuisanceBird
One of the few things I agree with Jensaarai on is how Palpatine's name Cosinga and rejected the name because he hated his father.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.