Cool technological inventions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
I think this deserves to be a thread on its own.

I'll start with somethng that sounds cool imho.

A New Discovery May Allow Us to Finally Make an Invisibility Cloak

https://futurism.com/discovery-make-invisibility-cloak/

Lord Lucien
It's not news at this point, but CRISPR is definitely the bees knees.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's not news at this point, but CRISPR is definitely the bees knees. Yes it is, as far as recombinant tech goes, it changes everything.

Stigma
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's not news at this point, but CRISPR is definitely the bees knees.
Wow.

I guess the transhuman age is upon us.

socool8520
^ It sounds pretty interesting. If it can help cure diseases I think it's worth experimenting with.

socool8520
Anyone putting stock into Andrea Rossi actually getting the E-Cat to work? lol It would be crazy if he actually got cold fusion to be viable.

Scribble
I really like the app that lets you know when in a movie to go for a piss. Lifesaver.

Kurk
Originally posted by Scribble
I really like the app that lets you know when in a movie to go for a piss. Lifesaver. lol that's a thing?

Scribble
Yeah, it's awesome. You just set it running when the film starts, and it vibrates at a point in the film that is most convenient for a toilet break. Modern society at its best, tbh.

dadudemon
Yeah, it's awesome. You just set it running when the film starts, and it vibrates at a point in the film that is most convenient for a toilet break. Modern society at its best, tbh.

Someone has to manually set that. sad

Scribble
Originally posted by dadudemon
Someone has to manually set that. sad It's user-run apparently, which means the small bladder community is really starting to stand up for itself and take things into their own hands. Being an SBO (Small Bladder Owner) myself, I'm proud of my fellow SBO's and their moxie.

dadudemon
It's user-run apparently, which means the small bladder community is really starting to stand up for itself and take things into their own hands. Being an SBO (Small Bladder Owner) myself, I'm proud of my fellow SBO's and their moxie.

It is very cool. Similar to wikis, the user content driven accuracy only realizes its "goodness" when more people participate.

Kurk
Now if only we can make better sex dolls and fleshlights....erm

jaden101
Fibre optic lamps and the Billy Bass singing fish. We'll never surpass those innovations. Ever.

Scribble
Originally posted by jaden101
Fibre optic lamps and the Billy Bass singing fish. We'll never surpass those innovations. Ever. Preach.

Surtur
I love the wheel.

Stigma
Originally posted by Surtur
I love the wheel.
LOL What about recent ones?

socool8520
I am a fan of the newer radar technology that has come out in recent years. I can see the formation of hail cores and elevated tops with the new Gibson-Ridge radar. It can also handle scrolling cross section that can make it easy to identify the most unstable cells out a significant mass.

Raisen
VR stuff is cool. those sleep goggles coming out next year to the public are going to be life changing

Kurk
VR like multi-directional treadmills would make gaming exercise too. Only downside is that everyone would be camping/sniping in CoD.

socool8520
Originally posted by Kurk
VR like multi-directional treadmills would make gaming exercise too. Only downside is that everyone would be camping/sniping in CoD.

So....no real change then? lol

Lord Lucien
Using evaporation to produce more power than coal.*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.