Mace Windu - trio gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKBart
The rules
* In character.
* Neutral ground, 8 meters starting distance.
* Full restoration after each ground.
* LEGENDS only.

The gauntlet
1. Tol Skorr | Visas Marr | Jolee Bindo
2. Bol Chatak | Juhani | Tol Skorr
3. Bastila Shan | Atton Rand | Bol Chatak
4. Ludo Kressh | Aayla Secura | Bastila Shan
5. Lord Kopecz | Cay Qel-Droma | Ludo Kressh
6. Anoon Bondara | Darth Bandon | Lord Kopecz
7. Arca Jeth | Sarro Xaj | Anoon Bondara
8. Aayla Secura | Kas'im | Arca Jeth
9. Darth Zannah | Luminara Unduli | Aayla Secura
10. Ki-Adi Mundi | Tholme | Darth Zannah
11. Qui-Gon Jinn | Adi Gallia | Ki-Adi Mundi
12. Leia Organa Solo | Alema Rar | Qui-Gon Jinn
13. Sha Koon | Plo Koon | Leia Organa Solo
14. Savage Opress | Asajj Ventress | Sha Koon
15. Corran Horn | Kit Fisto | Savage Opress
16. Obi-Wan Kenobi | Jaina Solo | Corran Horn
17. Karness Muur | Darth Maul | Obi-Wan Kenobi
18. Count Dooku | Exar Kun | Karness Muur

Kurk
The problem is that vaapad works great with dark-siders but is worthless against jedi.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Kurk
The problem is that vaapad works great with dark-siders but is worthless against jedi.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b9e45f14035c3217d92043f4a934ed6b/tenor.gif

Kurk
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
https://media1.tenor.com/images/b9e45f14035c3217d92043f4a934ed6b/tenor.gif No dark energy to redirect = less effective

ziggtard

Looses to Corran Horn.

cs_zoltan
No dark energy to redirect = less effective

Yeah, that's why only 2 jedi could ever beat Mace in sparring.

Kurk
Yeah, that's why only 2 jedi could ever beat Mace in sparring. key word: less effective

The more the dark-sider works, the more they hurt themselves

The more the jedi works, the more Mace has to work back.

Vaapad is doing the work for one, the other Mace.

cs_zoltan
key word: less effective

worthless against jedi

mmm

Kurk
mmm Yeah I meant the superconducting loop of Vaapad. You got me embarrasment

BlueTiger1144
Should stop at around 16.

Azronger
Stops at 17.

Kurk
Stops at 16 where Kenobi solos

godemperortrump
Stops at four.

deathslash
Stops at 16 or 17.

UCanShootMyNova
mmm

Lol. Are you kidding me? You really didn't get that he was referring to the superconducting loop when he said it was worthless against a group of Force user's who empty themselves of emotion and only utilize the Lightside of the Force? How dense can you be?

darthbane77
Vaapad isn't worthless against, lol. The only thing it lacks is the superconducting loop aspect of the form, it still retains its backbone as a more aggressive version of Juyo.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Lol. Are you kidding me? You really didn't get that he was referring to the superconducting loop when he said it was worthless against a group of Force user's who empty themselves of emotion and only utilize the Lightside of the Force? How dense can you be?

Unlike you I can't think like a retard. Besides I don't talk with pussies so f-uck off.

UCanShootMyNova
Being able to pick up on context clues is called common sense. Jesus Christ.

DarthAnt66
Clears.

In theory, Mace should be able to replicate whatever dark-side output is facing him until it caps as Sidious, yes?

Even besides that, he's still approaching Yoda / Sidious' level as a swordsman.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by darthbane77
Vaapad isn't worthless against, lol. The only thing it lacks is the superconducting loop aspect of the form, it still retains its backbone as a more aggressive version of Juyo.
Even besides that, considering the base of Vaapad is Mace channeling his own energy to the brink and then focusing it for augmentation purposes, Mace should be able to operate at peak ROTS Sidious level for a short duration.

I'm unsure what the effects would feel like thereafter, but as a base, we're dealing with, like I said, a swordsman approaching Sidious regardless, as per George Lucas.

godemperortrump
Ant going all out with Mace wank lately.

UCanShootMyNova
I don't know why he bothers. His audience has shrunken to what amounts to a shriveled head at this point. It's not like these things are debated or cared about anymore.

godemperortrump
Yeah it's quite sad. I think I'm going to stop being stupid now.

UCanShootMyNova
I mean, I know that was sarcasm, but you kind of get the irony of continuing on despite knowing it holds no real entertainment value for you or anyone else at this point.

godemperortrump
Well what's the point debating anyway, people don't change their minds. I guess it's just KMC slowly dying.

McP
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Even besides that, considering the base of Vaapad is Mace channeling his own energy to the brink and then focusing it for augmentation purposes, Mace should be able to operate at peak ROTS Sidious level for a short duration.

I'm unsure what the effects would feel like thereafter, but as a base, we're dealing with, like I said, a swordsman approaching Sidious regardless, as per George Lucas.

Well, Lucas and Gillard's cooperation might not be best kind of source. Lucas could change his mind, and - assuming what we have seen in TCE and SoD it could be true. There were a plenty of sources (one of them was a comic for kids, which was basing on TCW) where Mace was unable to stomp people like Ventress. Hard to tell how long his duel with Maul in SoD was, but it seems, that Mace was an easier enemy then Sidious.
Filoni (who was also very close to Lucas) clearly pointed, that Yoda and Sidious are his joker cards for both sides. Not Mace, not Dooku, not Anakin. If SoD would be shown on script, then Sidious would probably stomp Talzin in saber duel, pointing out, that she has not Dooku's skills (being in his body could made her inferior to her in her own body, as well as superior, since she could not care about what will happen to Dooku's body). And Mace could not overhelm Talzin in a duel at all.

Anyway, basing on Lucas/Gillard, as I remember it was you who provided that statement, Gillard said, that Mace in the movie is bordering level nine. Is vero close, even borders it, but has not fully reached it yet.
For our discussion, we should (if we want to base on that statement) treat movie Mace as prime Mace, so prime Mace (in canon - Mace fully amped by Vaapad) is still marginally inferior to Sidious. So with that amp, with the dark side he's bordering it, and without possibly don't.

And three to one is a nice advantage. Not even sure, if he would be able to beat Jinn, Galia and Mundi at once.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.