what´s the best animatrix-movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seraph

Ushgarak
I would have thought Osiris was rather clear.

Seraph

turin
osiris looked the best and helped out the most with the movies, but i also liked detective story and matriculated.

Kes
Where can I find the rest of the stories? I've only seen the Osiris one cause it passed on tv!

FLIPMODE
I cant believe this. Obviously the Rensissance movies are the best, due to the fact it literally shows you how the matrix came to be. I thought that was interesting as hell. To have no detailed explination of what happened before the Matrix, is kind of dumb to me. That's why watching these shorts were the most interesting.

Stovenutts
I agree with flipmode. These movies really give us a look at how it happned. The only history we got from the movies was that there was a war, and humans messed up the sky. i liked the shorts...very interresting.

Ushgarak
I thought Renaissance was crap, REALLY crap. Utterly cliched and devoid of any imagination. To know what happened earlier was only of academic interest anyway and now we know it but it turns to be yet ANOTHER "stupid humans ruin their own world' scenario (complete with shots of loud, dumb American generals cheering themselves for the maximum cheese value) I rather wish we had not been told anything at all.

The "robot on trial" scenario is SO old it has even been SPOOFED in the Red Dwarf novels, and the basic concepts were being explored inf ar more interesting a way even back in Asimov's time.

The Brothers normally write stories with interesting takes on traditional themes. 2nd Renaissance was not close, it was a dull and crap take on a traditional theme with no redeeming value.

Ikobe
I'd have to say DS is my favourite... then Renaissance, then Kid's story, World Record being my least favourite and then Matriculated... I just love everything about DS, the tone-effect, the fact Trinity's cool in it... and the character Ash... aww, I wish he hadn't been shot. And I love all the Alice in Wonderland stuff, like the usernames, the mad detective talking about jabberwocky and his cat being called Dinah, etc.

~Ikobe

Metroplex
I really like Final Flight and Detective. Really good CG animation and story for FFO and Detective story had an interesting story.

GABRIEL05
I voted for second Renaissance - part 1 as opposed to second Renaissance - part 1. But it was a difficult choice. As I sat here in my seat staring at second Renaissance - part 1, and second Renaissance - part 1, it dawned on me second Renaissance - part 1 just had more flare than second Renaissance - part 1. So I voted for second Renaissance - part 1.

I just liked the action scenes honestly. But my only questions were

1. Where did the war between humans and robots take place?
2. How many people were fighting?
3. Where did the machines amass the man power, or machine power rather, to put every human being in the powerplant?
the world may never know...

Morpheus
THE BEST ONE.

Ikobe
1. The machines' economy was becoming much better than man's.
2. All the world's armies, I suppose.
3. The AI were very, very intelligent and they'd spawned a whole city. Before being destroyed the first time we know there were at least 1 million machines. They can, it seems, endlessly create machines out of everything and nothing! And as the ZionArchive says, after years of researching man they knew exactly how humans worked.

~AI

Korri
id have 2 say the Osiris coz its the only one i have seen so far Llaughing out loudL

scifigunslinger
I liked Beyond and The Second Renaissance.

scifigunslinger
I liked that they didn't try to make an all-out action anime.

Korri
i have an announcement 2 make *korri clears her throat* i am going 2 watch the animatrix n i will get back 2 u on wot i think

*croud cheer*

nickjs21
second renaissance part 1 is on the poll twice.

GABRIEL05
THE QUESTION:

THE ANSWER:

THE CONFUSION: Wha????? http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/h/pain.gif

Ikobe
Oh, sorry, thought you said 'when' smile

The war took place on earth, predominantly around the Middle East where 01 is situated.

Dexx
01 was in the arabic peninsula (my, my...figure the coincidence)
the renaissance were the worst in the whole pack.
I liked the last flight of the osiris because it's completes the movies and has the best graphics.
But i voted for 'world record' because i love the message in that one.

Korri
ahhh

nickjs21
detective story and osiris were pretty cool, and almost complete visual opposites.

i didn't get much from beyond, but i thought it was an interesting story. it still doesn't get my vote.

as for renaissance, well, if you set aside story it had some pretty good action. but story is important, so that doesn't get my vote.

i liked the ending of world record (he stands up from the wheelchair), but not so much the rest of it. so no vote there.

i just plain didn't like kid's story. don't know why. *shrug*

matriculated was god-awful. pass.

program . . . i liked the end where she catches the sword and breaks it off into his chest, and i thought it was a good story. but i don't know about the animation.

so . . . program, osiris, or ds? i'll have to vote for osiris, based on it's connection to the trilogy.

Korri
Yeah i liked the Osiris best too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.