Luke's Dovin Basal feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
I've got a buddy saying Kyp is ~ VW Luke due to Kyp manipulating a Dovin Basal with less fatigue than Luke, I did a little research into it, and it seems like Luke wasn't fatigued by performing the feat, rather it seems he entered low Oneness and was fatigued by exposure to that much power. It also seemed to me like Luke was manipulating more than one Dovin Basal.

I need confirmation of whether I'm right or wrong.

Haschwalth
The real question, is why should anyone be close to luke in force power, other than his father, and those who have obtained their strength through unnatural means.

JKBart
Yoda and Palpatine already clearly are close to Luke.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by JKBart

Palps obtained his DE strength through unnatural means, and I'd disagree with Yoda.

NewGuy01
well you're wrong

Haschwalth
Originally posted by NewGuy01
well you're wrong

Yoda=<ROTS Sidious<ROTJ SIdious<DE Sidious.
Yeah no......

JKBart
You realize, tho, that the differences between Yoda and the subsequent Palpatine's different versions are so small, you can't fit any other characters in between these gaps? (besides different versions of Luke himself)

Haschwalth
So?
Doesn't deny the vast increase in power, from ROTS.
Just because they are next in line, doesn't mean they have to be close.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by JKBart
thumb up

Luke's better on his best day, but Yoda and Palpatine are more consistently portrayed as MVPs.

EU writers can't make up their mind if Luke is the Son of the Living God or a "powerful Jedi Master."

Azronger
Peak Luke and post-RotS Sheev would one-shot Yoda. No contest.

On topic, Luke > Kyp:

Although he is the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy after the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, the battles with the Yuuzhan Vong humble him.

Jedi Academy Training Manual

Leia's Jedi skills will be put to the test in the coming conflict, while Luke will have to prove in a brilliant display of Force strength and swordplay, that he is the most powerful Jedi Master in the galaxy.

Dark Nest III: The Swarm War back cover

The last quote can be argued but the first one is pretty binding.

godemperortrump
That's utterly ridiculous. Peak Luke could beat Yoda pretty soundly, but not post-ROTS Sidious.

Yoda is still amongst the top 5, probably top 3 most powerful Jedi in history.

Total Warrior

Ursumeles
Kyp isn't close to Luke in anything bar raw power.

MythLord
Luke was fighting through armies of Vong before doing the Dovin Basal feat. You can attribute him being more fatigued by it, by the fact that he was already pretty exhausted.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb up

Luke's better on his best day, but Yoda and Palpatine are more consistently portrayed as MVPs.

EU writers can't make up their mind if Luke is the Son of the Living God or a "powerful Jedi Master."

Lol Reminds me; I saw on Facebook earlier today that Antoine's started working on Legends GM Luke VS Legends Yoda.

I normally would look forward to it although the Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah was sorta off.

To be fair it's really his only video that I've had an issue with. All of the other times he's been less then great was when he overestimated Galen against Anakin (who he underestimated) and during his collaborations with Reti and Connor.

Shaak Ti and Plo Koon VS Dooku and Maul was ridiculous and Kenobi VS Malgus was heavily Jensaarbiased in Malgus' favor.

I think I remember Malgus breaking Kenobi's saber defenses in the verdict which is Lochness Lunacy.

darthbane77
Originally posted by MythLord
Luke was fighting through armies of Vong before doing the Dovin Basal feat. You can attribute him being more fatigued by it, by the fact that he was already pretty exhausted. Quote for this?

ziggtard
Kyp's feat was better. The best TK in Star Wars currently unless size matters not.

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Yes. Kyp Durron manipulated the Doval Basal more easily or the text gives this kind of impression.

Luke Skywalker had to exert a great deak of his power to perform the same feat and it left him exhausted in the end.

ziggtard
Kyp also Tk'd a more massive object than Luke. It's settled, he's more powerful than Luke objectively.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by darthbane77
I've got a buddy saying Kyp is ~ VW Luke The hell is a Volkswagen Luke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.