Rampage (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Plot Synopsis:
Based on the classic 1980s video game featuring apes and monsters destroying cities.

https://i.imgur.com/VoI6tHH.jpg

Director: Brad Peyton.

Starring: The Rock, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Malin Akerman, Joe Manganiello & Naomie Harris.

coOKvrsmQiI

Inhuman
The human element in monster movies and Transformer movies and the like, is the weakest part of the films in my opinion.

Still kinda want to see this thougherm

ares834
Looks awful.

ShadowFyre
Looks good for what it is imo. Let's see. The basis for the video game was animals smashing things. And I saw that.

Seriously, what do people expect from a movie based on the video game rampage?

steverules_2
Can't be any worse than battleships

ShadowFyre
Battleships made zero sense. One of the dumbest movies ever. Wasn't even like the game.

Nemesis X
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is in this. I'm sold.

ares834
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Looks good for what it is imo. Let's see. The basis for the video game was animals smashing things. And I saw that.

If they can't think of a way to make a good movie out of the source material, then maybe they shouldn't even attempt to make one.

Kazenji
Already ****ed it up and the game was easy to adapt to begin with

they got the Ape done right,

Ralph the wolf stands on two legs not 4 like an actual wolf

and a crocodile for lizzie?....suppose to be a godzilla like creature.

Flyattractor
Its got the Rock in it....

https://i.imgur.com/tSkwOtd.jpg

Patient_Leech
Wow, okay. This is my first time hearing of this. So here's a trailer...

coOKvrsmQiI

Flyattractor
THis looks like it could ba Fun Popcorn Flick as long as they don't take themselves to seriously.

Psychotron
The Rock continues his proud tradition of making shit movies.

Estacado
Originally posted by Psychotron
thumb up

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Psychotron

laughing out loud

That's pretty much true. I can forgive him for a few things. Hercules and GI Joe both sucked, but I mean, not sure he would know from the script. But Baywatch was absolute shit. He should have smelled that shit from the script and said, "Hell no." I won't forgive him for that. I could only make it about 30 minutes into that piece of shit and had to turn it off. But let's face it: He's probably not going to do anything besides pop-entertainment films. I don't see him tapping into art-films anytime soon.

But I have to admit that I sort of enjoyed San Andreas for the popcorn disaster flick that it was because the direction was actually pretty good, I had the perfect amount of beer snuck into the theater, and Alexandria Daddario was easy on the eyes. And this is the same director apparently, so I'll give it a chance. This definitely has a Kong Skull Island feel to it.

Zack M
Rock is popcorn good fun. And Rampage looks like a SMASHING good time. wink

riv6672
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

haha, no shit! laughing out loud

This looks fine. I'll catch it for sure.

Kazenji
If they couldn't get his movie adapted properly right, I doubt they could do Pac-Man.

Flyattractor
This aint more Comic Book Crap so I can look forward to this.

Kazenji
I might not be a Rampage game enthusiast, But i have an idea of what the monster's look like and they've failed on that front except for the Ape.

vansonbee
Well, I won't be confusing this ape with any of the other giant monster gorillas movies.

Plot? 3 way battle between the monsters in the city? My favorite monster probably the croc.

Kazenji
As long as we get them climbing the buildings and eating people

and i found out there is a Crocodile in the from the games, First appeared in Rampage: Total Destruction.

Flyattractor
Ahh George, Ralph ,and Lizzie. Good Times back in the day.

riv6672
Originally posted by vansonbee
Well, I won't be confusing this ape with any of the other giant monster gorillas movies.

Plot? 3 way battle between the monsters in the city? My favorite monster probably the croc.
Cuz he's blond?

Psychotron
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Alexandria Daddario was easy on the eyes.

I'll say. I've had my eye on her since True Detective.

Bentley
In before Midway's Cinematic Universe.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
In before Midway's Cinematic Universe.

Try the NetherRealm Cinematic Universe, Since Midway is dead.

Kazenji
https://screenrant.com/rampage-full-designs-george-lizzie-ralph-revealed-new-toys/#gallery=1

So the thing that looks like a Crocodile is Lizzie after all... erm

guess they forgot Lizzie is suppose to be something like Godzilla.

TheOneFirestorm
I read a article why a person is optimistic that this movie avoids the video game movie curse is because it's obscure believing because of that being highly unfaithful to the source material it can still be succesful at the domestic box office.

The best way to avoid the video game movie curse is be mostly faithful to the video game the movie is freakin based on.
Either make the movie right by being faithful as possible or don't make the movie at all.

As usual this is Hollywood not caring about the source material at all for a movie that is based on a video game, all they care about is capitalize on a recognized name while having no intent of being faithful.

That's why it's best that this movie is a failure at the domestic box office.

Kazenji
Uwe boll is planning a lawsuit against this film for using his brand RAMPAGE

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/uwe-boll-launches-an-attack-on-dwayne-johnsons-rampage-movie-262?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=JoBloFB

no expression........I guess the game Rampage was never released in Germany.

Surtur
I still have this game on ps1.

Nemesis X
https://cdn.gamer-network.net/2018/usgamer/the-rock-v-doom.PNG

ShadowFyre
Just saw it. Good for what it was. George was yhestar

Kazenji
Stupid that they didn't stick to people transforming into the giant animals just like the games

could've had a whole dilemma with it, Do they kill the creatures or find a way to cure them.

Flyattractor
Having them be Animals makes its easier to keep them sympathetic.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
Stupid that they didn't stick to people transforming into the giant animals just like the games

I also want a videogame-based movie to follow the source material 100% but it's a videogame-based movie. Directors are never gonna follow with that so I'll take a different approach to the monsters being animals than humans over what else they could've done with this.

Isn't that what they were doing though with George?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I also want a videogame-based movie to follow the source material 100% but it's a videogame-based movie. Directors are never gonna follow with that so I'll take a different approach to the monsters being animals than humans over what else they could've done with this.

That's because alot of time when a movie studio adapt's a game, They don't know why people like it in the first place and they keep adding things to the film which aren't needed.

Flyattractor
That is called "Studio Stupidity". Usually the Result of "Research".

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by Kazenji

could've had a whole dilemma with it, Do they kill the creatures or find a way to cure them.

And the decision to be unfaithful is a lameass one.

A person involved concluded that because this obscure video game which I doubt is true it was released on PS1, and in arcades the person believed that's why this movie doesn't have to be faithful to the source material and could be successful at the box office avoiding the video game movie curse.

Nemesis X
Aside from the issue of no humans mutating, I saw the movie and it was a blast to sit through. A real monster blockbuster. I've played the Rampage games and am a fan myself and can tell you this is a good one.

carthage
Movie is assjuice
Staying away from this crap

Josh_Alexander
Better than Pacific Rim Uprising and definitely more enjoyable than Tomb Rider. A great Video Game adaptation.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Aside from the issue of no humans mutating, I saw the movie and it was a blast to sit through. A real monster blockbuster. I've played the Rampage games and am a fan myself and can tell you this is a good one. \

Agree. This movie shouldn't be judged by it's cover definitely.

Bentley
Might watch this in the movies since some people seem to be liking it.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm

A person involved concluded that because this obscure video game which I doubt is true it was released on PS1, and in arcades the person believed that's why this movie doesn't have to be faithful to the source material and could be successful at the box office avoiding the video game movie curse.
The Resident Evil movie franchise was mostly successful at the box office too was it not? Perfect example, among video game movies at least as to how sales =/= quality, though glad to hear Rampage is more of a critical success for some fans at least. Am more considering of seeing this sometime just on that, though was also thinking of seeing Ready Player One.

Kazenji
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm

Well the first game also didn't have much a plot, Didn't bother with a plot until the sequels.

riv6672
Watched this today, it was fun! thumb up

Kazenji
Enjoyed it too, Despite some of the changes

would've liked to have seen one of the animals climbing up the side of one of the buildings and reaching inside to eat person or anything for that matter.

juggernaut74
I thought that pet Rat was going to be a plot point but I guess it wasn't.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by carthage
Movie is assjuice
Staying away from this crap

https://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i54/5/4/16/frabz-CANT-TELL-IF-TROLLING-OR-JUST-HIGH-6e3173.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
definitely more enjoyable than Tomb Rider

Lol, most films are. Sadly.

Kazenji
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I thought that pet Rat was going to be a plot point but I guess it wasn't.

Well the Rat is also a character in the games too

and yeah i thought it might'eve survived the space station explosion.

juggernaut74
I mean the regular rat in the cage. People seemed to have an interest in it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by riv6672
Watched this today, it was fun! thumb up

Alright, I will see it today.

Bentley
I'm watching this Monday night... Building up hype!

Bentley
This was definitively one movie that I needed to watch. Since the original Pacific Rim no monster film had me this swayed, I expected it to be good and it delivered entirely on this premise. It might just become one of my top 5 videogame-to-film adaptations (it'd be higher if Rampage was more of a videogame worthy of adaptation big grin ). I want a sequel of some kind, heck make a tie in Videogame.

This is like a less dramatic War of the Gargantuas mixed up with a conventional 80s Godzilla movie (actually somewhat closer to IDW's Godzilla comics if you know those), so many tropes and homages to be found all over it. If you call yourself a kaiju fan you owe it to yourself to see his movie.

Patient_Leech
I rewatched this, the kids enjoyed it too, I think.

It's pretty good, clean fun.

Was there never any sequel talk? It did decently at the box office..

riv6672

Patient_Leech
^ Good point. Yeah, he was good.

I don't see why The Rock wouldn't want to do another one, though. Motherf#cker has done some shitty movies since... **cough-junglecruise-cough**cough-blackadam-cough**

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.