Worst MCU villain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Since the DC bashing has commenced in full it's time to take a whip to some of the worst MCU villains. What is one villain in a film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that was the epitome of blandness, had a boring motivation, or just sucked as a villain? Was it the directors fault or the studio for choosing such a shitty character and executing it poorly?

CPT Space Bomb
Oh, while we're at it let's rip on DC's villains too. The only good one was Joker from TDK trilogy....the rest have sucked.

steverules_2
Malekith, had to go on wiki just to find his name. He was just shit, he did nothing memorable apart from kill Thor's mum and get ass raped by Thor.

roughrider
It's difficult, since I'm a fan of all of the MCU. For the movies, I thought Darren Cross from Ant-Man wasn't that hot. For TV, it's Harold Meachum from Iron Fist.

playa1258
Malekith sucked shit.

steverules_2
Originally posted by roughrider
It's difficult, since I'm a fan of all of the MCU. For the movies, I thought Darren Cross from Ant-Man wasn't that hot. For TV, it's Harold Meachum from Iron Fist.

Can't believe I watch the whole of Iron Fist just to see a guy get shot off a roof.

TheGrat1
Malekith hands down. There simply because the story needs a bad guy. Got his ass kicked by Thor's mom. Lame powers. I know everything about the story and still have no idea what he was trying to accomplish.100% generic and forgettable.

Originally posted by steverules_2
Malekith, had to go on wiki just to find his name. He was just shit, he did nothing memorable apart from kill Thor's mum and get ass raped by Thor.

He did not even kill her, that was Kurse. Overshadowed by his own henchman. Pure trash of a villian.

roughrider
Outside of the MCU in regular Marvel, no one was ever lamer than Julian McMahon as Doctor Doom.

vansonbee
For people who seen JL & Thor 2, who is the worst villain of the two?

Steppenwolf vs Malekith?

Khazra Reborn
Whiplash, and Mandarin were both pretty terrible.

tkitna
Galactus

Zack M
Whiplash.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna
Galactus

That's FOX.

CPT Space Bomb
I don't actually dislike that many of them but Whiplash and Yellowjacket are by far the worst.

tkitna
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That's FOX.

Arent we combining all of them? Oh well.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna
Arent we combining all of them? Oh well.

"Worst MCU villain".

FOX doesn't have an actual shared cinematic universe, they only have the X-Men. They wanted to add Fantastic Four to the mix, but we all know how it ended...

carthage
They're making a Dr Doom film with the guy who made he critically acclaimed Legion, so yeah it will probably be better than fan4stic

TheVaultDweller
Yellowjacket. The guy got temp KO'd by a bug zapper at one point. It's a shame, as I liked the Ant-Man movie as a whole.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Oh, while we're at it let's rip on DC's villains too. The only good one was Joker from TDK trilogy....the rest have sucked.

also zack hack snyder too

quanchi112
Yellow jacket by far. DC villains are all terrible.

-Pr-
Originally posted by TheGrat1
Got his ass kicked by Thor's mom.

An Asgardian warrior. We were never told that the Dark Elves were great hand to hand combatants, but we know that Asgardians practice a fair bit. She also killed a Frost Giant.

Not saying Malekith was great or anything (he wasn't), but being beaten by Frigga is no low showing.

==

As far as topic goes... Worst? I dunno, a lot of them are just wasted as characters, especially given the tendency to cast really, really good actors as the bad guy in these movies.

The most disappointing one though? That's easy: Ultron. Great casting, decent look, but awfully written dialogue even if his plan itself wasn't terrible.

Arachnid1
Mandarin and its not even close. Also Killian. By far worse than the DC villains

Ridley_Prime

Inhuman
Any villain from Ironman 3.

Malekith was a victim of a bunch of his character development scenes being taken out of the final cut.

Also a good villain doesnt mean that they HAVE to know how to fight and are super strong and have OP powers.

Zack M
Forgot about yellowjacket.

cdtm
Loki.

Firefly218
Def Yellow Jacket

riv6672
Originally posted by carthage
Since the DC bashing has commenced in full it's time to take a whip to some of the worst MCU villains. What is one villain in a film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that was the epitome of blandness, had a boring motivation, or just sucked as a villain? Was it the directors fault or the studio for choosing such a shitty character and executing it poorly?
Thread=TLDNR, so not sure if it was covered:

Zemo was a big letdown.

TheGrat1
Originally posted by -Pr-
An Asgardian warrior. We were never told that the Dark Elves were great hand to hand combatants, but we know that Asgardians practice a fair bit. She also killed a Frost Giant.

Not saying Malekith was great or anything (he wasn't), but being beaten by Frigga is no low showing.

==

It is not simply that he lost. He got CURB STOMPED. He did not get 1 hit in and Frigga ended the fight with a sword to his throat. He needed Kurse to save him. Dark elves carry swords so I would expect they know how to use them and frost giants are fodder.
Frankly, I do not care that she is an Asgardian warrior. It could have been Sif or one of the warriors three. Malekith is supposed to be the big bad. Getting beaten down like that in single combat by someone other than Thor or Odin is weak as hell. That is like Ultron Prime being solo'd by War Machine.

https://youtu.be/PGHocnQyYNw

-Pr-
It is not simply that he lost. He got CURB STOMPED. He did not get 1 hit in and Frigga ended the fight with a sword to his throat. He needed Kurse to save him. Dark elves carry swords so I would expect they know how to use them and frost giants are fodder.
Frankly, I do not care that she is an Asgardian warrior. It could have been Sif or one of the warriors three. Malekith is supposed to be the big bad. Getting beaten down like that in single combat by someone other than Thor or Odin is weak as hell. That is like Ultron Prime being solo'd by War Machine.

https://youtu.be/PGHocnQyYNw

I disagree, but fair enough I guess.

Darth Thor
It is not simply that he lost. He got CURB STOMPED. He did not get 1 hit in and Frigga ended the fight with a sword to his throat.

I actually thought that was pretty cool showing Frigga as a bad ass.

Kazenji
Definitely Fake Mandarin & Malekith.

roughrider
Originally posted by carthage
They're making a Dr Doom film with the guy who made he critically acclaimed Legion, so yeah it will probably be better than fan4stic

We'll see if anything comes of that. Maybe like Joe Carnahan's ultimately failed Daredevil movie, it's just a last ditch effort to keep the rights that expires when time is up for production to start.

roughrider
Originally posted by riv6672

Zemo was a big letdown.

Zemo was one of the best ones! He actually won, and did just through intelligent, strategic manipulation of people.

Kazenji
Like to know if they have further plans for Zemo in the MCU, Maybe he finds out in his family tree that he's part of some royal family.

CPT Space Bomb
Zemo was a great villain. He had real motivations that made sense AND accomplished what he wanted to do...break The Avengers apart

horrorwolf
Whiplash was and still holds the title of the reigning suck a** villain of the MCU.

He was awful in everyway including how he was written to actually be a threat to Tony in ANY IM suit.

Any street level cop walking the beat could take Whiplash out GEEZUS.

Nephthys
Just films: Malekith.

All MCU: Diamondback.

Zemo was a fantastic villain. He actually won. A spec-ops guy with a grudge made Loki and Ultron's schemes look like chump change. Ironically the least fantastical villains are the best villians in the MCU: Kingpin, Ward, Kilgrave, Zemo, Whitney Frost, Black Mariah and Cottonmouth. Small and personal beats out large and bland.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Nephthys
Just films: Malekith.

Zemo was a fantastic villain. Ironically the least fantastical villains are the best villians in the MCU: Kingpin, Ward, Kilgrave, Zemo, Whitney Frost, Black Mariah and Cottonmouth. I actually really like Hela, Ego, Obadiah Stane, Red Skull, Loki....etc..

I'm sick to death of hearing that Marvel has a villain problem..it's a false narrative repeated happily by people that hate the MCU.

Sure, there are a few stinkers...that's bound to happen in a franchise that is 17+ films in the running now.

Stigma
Thanos uhuh

Nephthys
I actually really like Hela, Ego, Obadiah Stane, Red Skull, Loki....etc..

I'm sick to death of hearing that Marvel has a villain problem..it's a false narrative repeated happily by people that hate the MCU.

Sure, there are a few stinkers...that's bound to happen in a franchise that is 17+ films in the running now.

thumb up

Marvel has some great villains, some incredible ones even. More than they do bad ones. They do have some bland ones though. And a lot of personalityless sub-villians.

wakkawakkawakka
The biggest flaw I find with Marvel villains is that they don't leave a lasting impact either due to being just a step to Thanos or just having poor characterization.

Ultron is a prime example of a potentially awesome villain story going nowhere.

CPT Space Bomb
Ultron was fine, unfortunately; he didn't get NEAR enough time to be an Avengers villain. 1 movie wasn't enough for him. Most of the MCU villains are fine though; with a few exceptions.

quanchi112
Ultron was a good villain. He was definitely unique but it's always been about Thanos. This May.

Dr Will Hatch
Malekith by far. Half the time I forgot that he was in the movie, that's how little personality he had. Which is a shame because I loved him in the Walt Simonson Thor comics.

Dr Will Hatch

Nicholson Joker, parts of DeVito's Penguin, Nolan Ra's al Ghul, Nolan Scarecrow, Nolan Two-Face, TDKR Bane, and TDKR Catwoman are all good villains.

Dr Will Hatch

+1 for liking Obadiah Stane. Nobody ever brings him up, but I thought Jeff Bridges was charismatic as f.uck in Iron Man.

ares834
Malekith and Whiplash.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
+1 for liking Obadiah Stane. Nobody ever brings him up, but I thought Jeff Bridges was charismatic as f.uck in Iron Man. Ikr? Jeff was great in IM1 👍

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
Like to know if they have further plans for Zemo in the MCU, Maybe he finds out in his family tree that he's part of some royal family.

I'm hoping Marvel slowly teases the Thunderbolts, with Secretary Ross creating this covert ops team with Zemo as the leader (and Vulture makes the team) because he's not going to let Tony Stark do what he does.

John Murdoch
The movies:

- Worst: ya, prolly Malekith
- Most disappointing: Ultron

TV:
- By far, any of the garbage cabal of the Five Fingers of the Hand.

John Murdoch

Terence Stamp Zod?

John Murdoch

True on the villain hate.

Just look at James Bond: plenty of classic villains, plenty of bad ones, and everything in between. It's gonna happen when the movie catalog gets so deep.

BruceSkywalker
Zack SNyder..

DCEU Fanboys

TheGrat1

In retrospect, Iron Monger's plan was stupid. He himself called Tony the "goose that lays the golden eggs", and his plan was to strangle the goose, declare himself CEO/President/whatever and then what? Stark Industries likely would have stagnated and lost it's market dominance once Stane realized he and his best engineers were nowhere close to Stark in a cave with a box of scraps. Even after he realized that he still tried to kill Tony.

Red Skull, most underrated MCU villian imo. Checked all of the boxes plus a great performance by Hugo Weaving.

Newjak
Originally posted by playa1258
Malekith sucked shit. Yeah he is probably the worst one.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Nephthys

thumb up

CPT Space Bomb
In retrospect, Iron Monger's plan was stupid. He himself called Tony the "goose that lays the golden eggs", and his plan was to strangle the goose, declare himself CEO/President/whatever and then what? Stark Industries likely would have stagnated and lost it's market dominance once Stane realized he and his best engineers were nowhere close to Stark in a cave with a box of scraps. Even after he realized that he still tried to kill Tony.

Red Skull, most underrated MCU villian imo. Checked all of the boxes plus a great performance by Hugo Weaving. Yah, again I agree Red Skull as I said is great; and no one gives him credit.

As far as Obadiah, sure his plan wasn't the best, but he oozed charisma and was fantastically played by Jeff Bridges. Critics raved about him when the film was released and because so many people like to mindlessly parrot that the MCU has no good villains, they ignore him conveniently.

As I said, the MCU absolutely has some stinkers, but they've got some great villains too. Honestly, the biggest problem I have with MCU villains is that they almost always get killed after just one movie....not enough time to set them up properly.

quanchi112
I want the dark avengers and Sentry in phase four. That'd be fantastic.

Nephthys
A Thunderbolts movie would be cool but I just looked through the villains list and I'm reminded just how many bad guys die in these movies. All I can figure would fit would be Zemo + Vulture, someone from an upcoming movie and then maybe you can bullshit IM3 and Dr. Stranges bad guys back. Have Songbird be the protag and introduce her in this film.

Deadpool and/or Punisher as a pipedreams.

Honestly though I'm really down for one of the after credits scenes in an upcoming movie being Ross coming into the bad guys cell and saying "I'm here to talk to you about the Thunderbolts initiative."

Kazenji
I'm waiting for Marvel to follow up on the real Mandarin, After all the trouble they went to make that One-shot.

Josh_Alexander
To me it was Ivan Vanko from Iron Man 2.

relentless1
theres a few that come to mind, Vanko, Killian, "mandarin", malekith, ronan, cross, zemo, ultron

I actually liked blonsky and kalecillus

Loved Skull, Loki, Hela and Stane

Id say the worst for me would be Ultron and thats basically because of the huge potential he had and the waste and huge disappointment that he ended up being

as far as DC villains hate goes; Ras an Ghul, Bane, Joker, Two Face, Zod, Penguin, Scarecrow were all fantastic... get back to me when an MCU baddie wins an Oscar....

Mindset
Loki

Kazenji
Originally posted by relentless1
theres a few that come to mind, Vanko, Killian, "mandarin", malekith, ronan, cross, zemo, ultron

Id say the worst for me would be Ultron and thats basically because of the huge potential he had and the waste and huge disappointment that he ended up being

as far as DC villains hate goes; Ras an Ghul, Bane, Joker, Two Face, Zod, Penguin, Scarecrow were all fantastic... get back to me when an MCU baddie wins an Oscar....

Maybe because the MCU isn't trying to go out of their way to win an Oscar.

quanchi112

as far as DC villains hate goes; Ras an Ghul, Bane, Joker, Two Face, Zod, Penguin, Scarecrow were all fantastic... get back to me when an MCU baddie wins an Oscar.... You seem bitter over the MCU domination. Do you think Steppenwolf will be nominated for an Oscar ?

relentless1
no bitterness here. Just stating facts

quanchi112
no bitterness here. Just stating facts This is a subjective topic. What dceu villain won an Oscar ?

Stigma
To answer the OP's question:

Whiplash was terrible and possibly the worst.

Malekith is a very close second.

EDIT: Also Ultron was underwhelming tbh.

roughrider
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is a subjective topic. What dceu villain won an Oscar ?

Heath Ledger as the Joker.

This argument is flawed because it's all subjective about the villain when it should be about how good the film was, and because Marvel has released way more films the past twenty years compared to DC & Warners (this is both Marvel & MCU films) so there's way more villains to judge against.

Was any villain depicted worse than DC's Parallax, from that Green Lantern misfire? I don't think so.

quanchi112

This argument is flawed because it's all subjective about the villain when it should be about how good the film was, and because Marvel has released way more films the past twenty years compared to DC & Warners (this is both Marvel & MCU films) so there's way more villains to judge against.

Was any villain depicted worse than DC's Parallax, from that Green Lantern misfire? I don't think so. He isn't a part of the dceu shared universe. This was a stand alone and we are addressing the shared cinematic universes.

roughrider
Originally posted by quanchi112
He isn't a part of the dceu shared universe. This was a stand alone and we are addressing the shared cinematic universes.

Certain fans and some media carp about Marvel's Villain 'problem', making no distinction between the MCU and other Marvel productions. I'm just doing the same.

quanchi112
Certain fans and some media carp about Marvel's Villain 'problem', making no distinction between the MCU and other Marvel productions. I'm just doing the same. Why did you quote me then.

TheGrat1

Was any villain depicted worse than DC's Parallax, from that Green Lantern misfire? I don't think so.

Galactus.

Who is the second person in your sig, btw?

BruceSkywalker
all the dumbass DCEU Fanboys

playa1258
LMAO.

You mad.

quanchi112
Why would he be mad the dceu sucks.

marwash22
Ronan.

https://i.imgur.com/tC6SQCk.gif

defeated by a dance battle. smh.

playa1258
Because he is a ****** DC hating troll like Stilt and Inhuman.

IMO the three worst posters on KMC.

They all should have been banned long ago. All they do is stir shit up.

You give more credit than they do.

quanchi112

You give more credit than they do. You sound like a sensitive snowflake who can't handle hatred. Hatred is great for rivalries. You should applaud passion.

playa1258
Hatred gets you nothing. They are sensitive to any kind of defense towards the DCEU.

There is a difference between passion and idiocy.

quanchi112
Hatred gets you nothing. They are sensitive to any kind of defense towards the DCEU.

There is a difference between passion and idiocy. Hatred builds rivalries. If you deny this you're lying to yourself. Bruce likes Batman also. It's stilt's right to hate. Good for him. You can passionately hate the opposition. It's very human to do so in fact.

playa1258
And I can point out their hate and biased judgement.

quanchi112
And I can point out their hate and biased judgement. Thats fine but saying they should be banned is silly. Message boards aren't brimming with activity so why would you cheer for less.

playa1258
Comic vine is far more active then here.

Could be new ground for you.

quanchi112
Comic vine is far more active then here.

Could be new ground for you. Been there before it's slow and it's never grown on me.

playa1258
Pretty busy now. Just avoid the wanking of MM and you should be good.

Hopefully TLJ and Infinity War can get more traffic here.

quanchi112
Pretty busy now. Just avoid the wanking of MM and you should be good.

Hopefully TLJ and Infinity War can get more traffic here. Are there dceu fans for me to smite ?

playa1258
DCEU is big on the battles forum .

Inhuman

Pretty toxic post there fam erm

playa1258
Thanks.

BruceSkywalker
LMAO.

You mad.

lol, why would i be.. dceu is being rebooted rather quickly

little biatch, the only troll here is you.. you can't handle thw truth.. you notnoed meely mouthed punk.... grow the f$ck up

playa1258
You grow the **** up little fairy *****.

Go bounce on your **** buddy Stilts shrimp dick some more.

**** you.

quanchi112
DCEU is big on the battles forum . Do you really think they'd stand a chance against me.

playa1258
You would actually challenge them.

Annoying pricks like Bruce can stay.

BruceSkywalker
You grow the **** up little fairy *****.

Go bounce on your **** buddy Stilts shrimp dick some more.

**** you.

oh little boy throwing a temper tantrum... waa waa.. waa.. keep crying crybaby...

answer this biatch.. why is WB rebooting the DCEU so fast? Why is that sexual predator/harassmenter ben affleck leaving? why don;t the public and critics like the dceu? answer me

playa1258
This guy would crush you with ease, but I will play your game.

Because WB put too much stock into Zach Snyder, not taking their time to plan out. Becoming way to reactionary to everything including studio micromanaging.

DCEU must take their time going forward and worry about what they are personally doing and not Disney/Marvel.

BruceSkywalker
This guy would crush you with ease, but I will play your game.

Because WB put too much stock into Zach Snyder, not taking their time to plan out. Becoming way to reactionary to everything including studio micromanaging.

DCEU must take their time going forward and worry about what they are personally doing and not Disney/Marvel.

so why is that sexual predator affleck leaving

playa1258
He always seemed like can't take any criticism. The critical trashing is obviously eating at him.

I'm open to a recast.

Inhuman

That is basically been my stance on the DCEU , yet you get get triggered by my posts? laughing

Relax, and try not to be such a negative Nancy thumb up

Golgo likes to spam these boards with his biased posts , yet I enjoy his posts no matter how wrong they always are or annoying they are.
If you cant handle the banter and only want opinions that are exactly like yours, then go to a board that is all DC fans, all Marvel fans, all Star Wars fans etc. then you'll have everyone sucking each other dicks on the material you fangirl about, no matter how shitty the movies/comics or shows are.

playa1258
The most biased fanboy I have encountered was a Star Wars fanatic named Mike Wong.

Quan has nothing on him.

BruceSkywalker
He always seemed like can't take any criticism. The critical trashing is obviously eating at him.

I'm open to a recast.

lol that isn't the reason lmao...

Originally posted by Inhuman
That is basically been my stance on the DCEU , yet you get get triggered by my posts? laughing

Relax, and try not to be such a negative Nancy thumb up

Golgo likes to spam these boards with his biased posts , yet I enjoy his posts no matter how wrong they always are or annoying they are.
If you cant handle the banter and only want opinions that are exactly like yours, then go to a board that is all DC fans, all Marvel fans, all Star Wars fans etc. then you'll have everyone sucking each other dicks on the material you fangirl about, no matter how shitty the movies/comics or shows are.

good post

playa1258
Maybe he does not want to be part of a sinking ship?

Anyway Affleck is done and I'm glad.

Darth Thor

quanchi112
The most biased fanboy I have encountered was a Star Wars fanatic named Mike Wong.

Quan has nothing on him. Shhh. By the way I'd break Wong.

playa1258
Wong and cronies massively lowball anything not Star Wars.

Let alone just Star Trek.

quanchi112
Wong and cronies massively lowball anything not Star Wars.

Let alone just Star Trek. If they let me on their board I would crush them.

playa1258
The board is ran like a WWE match.

Good luck.

quanchi112
The board is ran like a WWE match.

Good luck. There isn't open registration on the board. Lucky for them.

TethAdamTheRock
I wish the reality gem did more than those red tendrils things malekith did

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.