Keystone pipeline spills 210,000 gallons of oil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
In November of 2015, President Obama rejected the Keystone XL Pipeline. And shortly after that, Obama put an end to the Dakota Access Pipeline that was being built through sacred Native American burial grounds the government had initially promised to not touch.

In early 2017, President Donald Trump signed presidential memoranda to revive both Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines.

In the past week, Keystone has spilled 210000 gallons of crude oil.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/11/16/keystone-pipeline-spills-210000-gallons-of-oil-on-eve-of-key-permitting-decision/?utm_term=.7a2237fbd78d

Trump and his corporate cohorts are a disease on America

cdtm
They say oil's good for the skin. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Smh.

Bashar Teg
if only we were warned!

Rockydonovang
And naturally, no one's covering it...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/

http://www.foxnews.com/

http://www.msnbc.com/

https://www.nytimes.com/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/

except for CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/

sad

cdtm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/11/16/keystone-pipeline-spills-210000-gallons-of-oil-on-eve-of-key-permitting-decision/?utm_term=.c52f372452de

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/us/keystone-pipeline-leak/index.html

Firefly218

Kurk
This is most unfortunate. Such a waste of oil. I have no problem with pipelines when they're properly monitored and maintained, but can't trust anyone, eh?

BackFire
Drill baby drill.

cdtm
Originally posted by BackFire
Drill baby drill.

You bastard, making jokes.

You oughta be boiled in oil! Oil a crude as you! mad

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by cdtm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/11/16/keystone-pipeline-spills-210000-gallons-of-oil-on-eve-of-key-permitting-decision/?utm_term=.c52f372452de

Ah, scrolled further down and found it. Still irritates me it wasn't included in the "in the news" and that there were 13 stories ahead of it.
Originally posted by cdtm
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/us/keystone-pipeline-leak/index.html
Acknowledged that

dadudemon
Originally posted by Firefly218
In November of 2015, President Obama rejected the Keystone XL Pipeline. And shortly after that, Obama put an end to the Dakota Access Pipeline that was being built through sacred Native American burial grounds the government had initially promised to not touch.

In early 2017, President Donald Trump signed presidential memoranda to revive both Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/11/16/keystone-pipeline-spills-210000-gallons-of-oil-on-eve-of-key-permitting-decision/?utm_term=.7a2237fbd78d

Your story reminds me of this:

https://i.imgur.com/RadSf.jpg

You're missing quite a bit of things in between that makes this Trump's fault. I mean. a WHOOOOLE bunch of shit.

Unless Trump was out there, connecting up the large pipey tubes and left off a f*ck ton of bolts, on purpose, so the connection point would rupture and spill the oil.

I bet you some Democratic libtard was refreshing his browser for MONTHS just waiting for anything negative, at all, to be associated with this pipeline. And as soon as it happened, he looked like this:

https://i.imgur.com/cncTEMM.jpg

And got right to calling all the shitheads from all over about this. "MY GAAAAWWWDD! SOMETHING NEGATIVE HAPPENED! TOOOOOOO THE PRESSSES!"

Replace the video in this youtube video with this Democratic pipeline negative news watchdog discovering the negative news about the pipeline, this was probably his actual reaction:

Wpbzxs2391c

This is, again, rather innocuous. Almost a non-story. No oil company wants to spill oil. Even rich evil Trump cronies! None of them would EVER want to do that. It's absolutely asinine to think that. Or even think that it was "a terrible idea where obviously problems like this were bound to happen". No. No oil company or contractors EVER want this to happen .Ever. So many money lost.

Firefly218

dadudemon

dadudemon

To be serious, this is the Keystone pipeline, not the Keystone XL pipeline. The Keystone XL Pipeline is not even operational. Trump approved the Keystone XL Pipeline, not the already built in 2010 Keystone Pipeline.

Here, check this Map Out:

https://i.imgur.com/vv5WuSy.jpg

Do you understand, now? You're getting upset and blaming Trump for something so silly and stupid. It's not even the one that Trump approved.

You should be upset with Obama because the first 3 phases, which were approved by Obama, were built under Obama's administration and approval:

"After more than six years of review, President Barack Obama announced on November 6, 2015, his administration's rejection of the fourth phase."

What Obama rejected was the 4th phase. What Trump approved was the 4th phase. Phases 1-3, which includes the Burst Keystone Pipeline from Phase 1 which Obama approved and presided over, were not built or approved by Trump.

Look, Obama even struggled to try and get its approval:

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-keystone-pipeline-approval-2013-2

Firefly218

Firefly218

dadudemon

dadudemon
Dammit...edited the wrong post.

Stupid quot function. sad

Firefly218

Firefly218

dadudemon

dadudemon

Firefly218
Bruh I thought you were trying to fight me with that rhetoric and you were telling a joke laughing

Flyattractor
The JOKE is this Thread in it self. You and Your Enviormental Nut Job Fascism is the biggest laugh of all.

If You HATE OIL and GAS So much. You should get off your devices right now and turn off the power in what ever you live in.

YOU HYPOCRITE!!!

BackFire
Originally posted by dadudemon
No, you don't know. lol Far more likely, in real life, you would probably be far more respectful to me.

Sadly, I'm worse in real life. Much more arrogant. Condescending. With people who argue and debate with me. I'm absurdly insufferable to people who try to talk down to me or one-up me in a "debate." I tone it down a LOT on the internet.

Just ask Rogue Jedi. big grin

Also, reading back what I posted to you, that's hilarious!!! I laughed. haermm I need to remember that...I used to tell Robtard that I wish I could condense his coolness into a suppository and stick it in my butt to enjoy his coolness melting in my butt.

You didn't laugh that the youtube vid? That's shit's hilarious. I was hoping you'd get a laugh. I honestly did not think you'd be so angry in your response. Shows me how well I can read you.

Say that shit to me and I'll beat you up.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
Say that shit to me and I'll beat you up.

You probably would you damn Sasquatch.

Impediment

socool8520
Sadly, I'm worse in real life. Much more arrogant. Condescending. With people who argue and debate with me. I'm absurdly insufferable to people who try to talk down to me or one-up me in a "debate." I tone it down a LOT on the internet.

My question would be why act this way? What does it get you?

Firefly218

Surtur
2. No, we will not have discussions like adults. The conversation did not start with "adult" intentions. Act like a child, you should expect childish responses. Sure, it's to make you and others laugh but if you have emotional outbursty OPs, expect people to question you intentions or even sincerity to maturity.

https://i.imgur.com/ZKjNMgc.png

Firefly218
Picard would agree with me ^^^

Scribble

dadudemon
Originally posted by socool8520
My question would be why act this way? What does it get you?

My own satisfaction, entertainment, and enjoyment, which is 1000X more important to me, when you're being an ass to me, than your feelings. You read the context of when I am like that, corrrect?

socool8520
My own satisfaction, entertainment, and enjoyment, which is 1000X more important to me, when you're being an ass to me, than your feelings. You read the context of when I am like that, corrrect?

Fair enough. No judgement.

When they try to one up you? Do you assume someone who makes a point refuting yours is just trying to one-up you? Just curious.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Scribble
Basically what I was thinking. Seems ridic to hold that weird strawman opinion when there are barely any other options available yet for most people. Maybe if you were rich you'd be able to afford a really good electric car and get a few decent solar panels, etc. But most people have to live the way they live, so acting like living that life and being against fossil fuels is something 'hypocritical' is just dumb, imo.

No hate Imped. I think you're a good guy but that opinion was pretty short-sighted.

But I WOULD like to see people who are all about stopping global warming, weaning off of fossil fuels, etc. make the first steps to do so.

They should buy solar panels, filter their own water, ride a bike, etc. If they did that, I'd say, "you know what? You have a point. You're 100% right, you're practicing what you preach. You're a good person."

Because I like those kinds of people even though they may seem a bit coocoo.

My carbon footprint is 52 tons a year. :O

socool8520
^Yeah I have issues with the power I use as well. The military housing does try to regulate us though. Limited AC capabilities. mandatory recycling, etc.

Scribble
But I WOULD like to see people who are all about stopping global warming, weaning off of fossil fuels, etc. make the first steps to do so.

They should buy solar panels, filter their own water, ride a bike, etc. If they did that, I'd say, "you know what? You have a point. You're 100% right, you're practicing what you preach. You're a good person."

Because I like those kinds of people even though they may seem a bit coocoo.

My carbon footprint is 52 tons a year. :O How do you know they aren't? I'm sure some of them are. But again, it's difficult for less wealthy people (other than the bike thing, but even then, their place of work might be so far away they sometimes need a car). I can't afford a fancy electric car, or a water filtration system, or solar panels. I still think people should work towards less of a reliance on fossil fuels, because that is common sense if we still want there to be a world for our children to inherit.

shiv
HAHAHAHA

Firefly Good Lord You need to pay dadudemon and Impediment some tuition fees or something for takin you to school.

DAMN kid.

Srsly

You need to pay them some money or send them a card to say thank you or something.

You should be like really humble and respectful and grateful they put you right on the internet before you went crashing around in RL talkin pipe.

As for you dadudemon

True Story:

Page 1.

I Clapped.

I'm laughing out loud

And Fly wtf what is this

no Leftists and um LEFTISTS!1!! and stuff

Not even 1 shout out to leftists in your post

You Are Mellowing Out Bro

Firefly218
Originally posted by Surtur
I assume he lives in some sort of homeless shelter because he kindly gave his home to a black person as reparations for being a white male.
Firstly I'm not a white male

Originally posted by SilverSurfer33
Firefly sounds like a person who probbably lives off the grid, drives a gas vehicle, doesn't use any renewalable resources and who's entire existence is based of petroleum products and services.
Secondly I live like a normal American person

Originally posted by shiv
HAHAHAHA

Firefly Good Lord You need to pay dadudemon and Impediment some tuition fees or something for takin you to school.

DAMN kid.

Srsly

You need to pay them some money or send them a card to say thank you or something.

You should be like really humble and respectful and grateful they put you right on the internet before you went crashing around in RL talkin pipe.

As for you dadudemon

True Story:

Page 1.

I Clapped.

I'm laughing out loud

And Fly wtf what is this

And I'm very thankful to daduman for correcting me

dadudemon
How do you know they aren't?

Don't worry, if they are, they'll tell you. lol

They are not as bad as vegans, though.

I still think people should work towards less of a reliance on fossil fuels, because that is common sense if we still want there to be a world for our children to inherit.

That's a good point, Scribbity Bibbs Dibbledy Dibbs, Ribbledy Ribs Pibbity Sibbity Clibbity Scribs.

Sorry, got carried away, there. You have an awesome username and I like saying.

Try to say outloud what I just did, above: it's fun once you get it down right.

socool8520
^ That's just mumble rap DDM. lol

dadudemon
And I'm very thankful to daduman for correcting me

I'd like to point out that gloating over correcting someone is not something I do. It's a bit double-dee douchey. One and done and we move on. Politically, we largely agree so I see no harm from continuing this conversation which is really about pieces of shit evil Cronies continuing to ****up the environment...and impede our progress to a sustainable energy future (this could be a stock pun but I am not clever enough to make it).

dadudemon
^ That's just mumble rap DDM. lol

That's a thing? I'm making noises that are fun to say. So if mumble rap actually exists, I can confirm that it is just noises that are fun to say.

socool8520
Youtube it. It's a thing. lol Not exactly what you were doing, but the creativity is maybe only marginally higher than the few moments it took you to do the Scribbs scatman.

Kurk
I have an encyclopedia published from 2005 stating that we would run out of oil by 2012. I open it every now and then to lol at its stupidity.

Also lol at gas stations being replaced by supercharger stations anytime in the next 20 years. Until the convenience of spending 5-10 minutes max refilling with gas is matched by chargers it ain't goin to happen.

Until that's addressed, electric cars are never going to take over fossil-fuel driven ones. A good chunk of people in this country don't have a garage to plug their car into over-night. What about those who park on the street or in apartment complex lots? All of the infrastructure to support that many people charging all at once would need to be completely revamped. Think of black-outs as everyone comes home from work to plug-in their cars. Hell, we some cities can't even handle mass air-conditioner use.

We should be looking into hydrogen powered cars.

Also I'm totally pro-electric cars as long as they're not hostile towards my gasoline driven ones. Like no government mandates to phase out gasoline cars.

Scribble
Don't worry, if they are, they'll tell you. lol

They are not as bad as vegans, though.

That's a good point, Scribbity Bibbs Dibbledy Dibbs, Ribbledy Ribs Pibbity Sibbity Clibbity Scribs.

Sorry, got carried away, there. You have an awesome username and I like saying.

Try to say outloud what I just did, above: it's fun once you get it down right. haermm I'm loving these increasingly absurd spins on my username. Might have to put this one in my profile actually, alongside a few others that Quincy coined.

Robtard
Another #MAGA thread thumb up

dadudemon
Youtube it. It's a thing. lol Not exactly what you were doing, but the creativity is maybe only marginally higher than the few moments it took you to do the Scribbs scatman.

Okay, I did. You're right: only a hair more effort required to take it from the gibberish I'm coming up with and what they are doing. This is doctor seuss level's of rhyming lazy (making up words to rhyme).

Originally posted by Kurk
I have an encyclopedia published from 2005 stating that we would run out of oil by 2012. I open it every now and then to lol at its stupidity.

I remember this number. I think it is supposed to be the turning point that we would start using more than new extractions would produce. Meaning, it doesn't mean we would run out, it would mean new "sites" would be discovered less and less that we would hit a turning point of exhaustion and I believe that date was projected to be 2012. What I mean is, "new sites show 100 barrels of oil and we are using 101 barrels of oil." Make sense? Post the exact wording from the encyclopedia. Take a picture. I am sure that's what it means.

Kurk
I heard that the new Keystone pipeline would actually oil prices in the mid-west. The oil coming from Canada is for foreign markets apparently.

Can anyone back this up?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kurk
I heard that the new Keystone pipeline would actually oil prices in the mid-west. The oil coming from Canada is for foreign markets apparently.

Can anyone back this up?

I think you accidentally a word.

Impediment

Scribble

dadudemon
haermm I'm loving these increasingly absurd spins on my username. Might have to put this one in my profile actually, alongside a few others that Quincy coined.

I'll try my best to keep entertaining you like the performing monkey I am. I am tempted to lay a beat, record it, and upload it to SoundCloud.

socool8520
I'll try my best to keep entertaining you like the performing monkey I am. I am tempted to lay a beat, record it, and upload it to SoundCloud.

I'm telling you dude, with the way the rap game is currently, you put a sweet hook on that and you're golden.

dadudemon
Use the quickquote feature. Even though you don't get to cut the post up into segments to reply to, it's still a decent quick fix.

I use quickquote, capture the post ID, then use the standard quote feature on a non-broken post, replace the name and post ID with the proper id, then chop up a post piece by piece so it results in what I want to respond to.

Seems like a lot but it is only 10 seconds extra of effort to do a proper reply.

BackFire
You probably would you damn Sasquatch.

I'll smother you with my fur.

socool8520
^ So you're big, tall, and hairy? I can see a very lucrative life for you in the wrestling business. Wouldn't even need a costume.

BackFire

Surtur
Firstly I'm not a white male

Oh I see. So are you Asian? Hispanic? Black?

Surtur
Originally posted by shiv
HAHAHAHA

DAMN kid.

Srsly

As for you dadudemon

True Story:

Page 1.

I Clapped.

I'm laughing out loud

And Fly wtf what is this

LMAO thumb up

Raisen
man this thread failed. people need to stop being so angry and jumping on the hate band wagon. such privilege

Raisen
some people keep proving the angry brainwashed college kid meme. I didn't believe that shiit was actually true

Bashar Teg
the oil spills have been negated, all by the power of circlejerking. thumb up

Raisen
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
the oil spills have been negated, all by the power of circlejerking. thumb up

just be honest for once.

the guy made this thread under the premise of blaming trump and was called out for being wrong. stop the bs

Raisen

Flyattractor
Dude I said America is friends with Saudi Arabia. Why are we friends with the Saudis? Because they spend immense amounts of money on our politics and in our country.

And how did Saudi Arabia become so wealthy? THAT'S RIGHT BECAUSE OF OIL AND GAS!

It's kind of smart actually, the Saudis amassed a huge fortune through Oil and then used that money to diversify their investment portfolio so they're not reliant on selling oil to countries like the USA

1. Same reason the U.S Leftist Progressives Used to be "Frieinds" with Nazi Germany?

2. Its "OK" for Saudis to get RICH off Oil but No One Else?

3. You are such a HYPOCRITE!

Firefly218

Flyattractor
You are a HYPOCRITE

YOU are a HYPORICTE!

YOU ARE A TAKING IT UP THE A-HOLE HYPOCRITE!

Firefly218

Firefly218

Flyattractor
YOU ARE A FUCHHHKIN LYING HYPOCRITE!

Fact!

All the Little Devices you are USING RIGHT NOW ARE POWERED BY OIL!!!!!

You want to Show Your DISDAIN FOR THE PRODUCT!?

SIGH OFF AND SHUT THE FUCH UP!

You Lying LITTLE HYPOCRITE!

Surtur

Firefly218

Firefly218
Sacred to them...so, have we completely ruled out shaman magic as the cause of this spill? Or perhaps a nature spirit was involved. Wtf. The natives have to live there, why would they sabotage their own land. Why would they poison their water supply and Fuk with the wildlife? Classic victim blaming

Rockydonovang
Trump signed off on the building of a pipeline he was repeatedly warned was risky to build.

So yes, he deserves some blame for making a gamble and the gamble ending up badly.
Originally posted by Raisen
man this thread failed. people need to stop being so angry and jumping on the hate band wagon. such privilege
So Trump didn't sign off on this pipeline despite being warned not to do so?

Impediment
Let's all take 10 seconds to acknowledge the people here who hate oil and fossil fuels, but are using plastic keyboards or smart phones to post their disdain.

clapping

dadudemon

Impediment
It's not Trump's pipeline. Never was.

Also, it's not the Keystone XL; it's a sister pipeline called the Keystone.

If OP wants me to close the thread for a re-do, then I will.

Hopefully with less triggering.

Rockydonovang
Could you make a new thread (asking the Mods to close this one) about this same exact oil spill but instead replace anything related to Trump with Obama and also post a news article where Obama was struggling to try and get the first 3 phases approved (despite opposition)?

Not relevant.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/us-army-corps-blocks-dakota-access-pipeline-232172

Obama blocked the pipeline, so, no, this still is fully on Trump.

How Obama got to that conclusion isn't relevant. In the end, it was Trump who allowed it, not Obama.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Not relevant.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/us-army-corps-blocks-dakota-access-pipeline-232172

Obama blocked the pipeline, so, no, this still is fully on Trump.

How Obama got to that conclusion isn't relevant. In the end, it was Trump who allowed it, not Obama.

Stop spreading false information.

Obama Approved Phases 1, 2, and 3. He rejected Phased 4. Phase 4 is the Keystone XL pipeline that Trump revived and approved.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brighammccown/2013/09/19/keystone-pipeline-five-years-and-counting/#1f1252537adb

I also posted an article earlier where Obama was trying to get the XL pushed through but he was facing opposition. He made a shift in 2015 after getting increasing opposition. So he went from trying to get it done to changing his mind after dealing with all the opposition.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/1429491-why-president-obama-will-approve-keystone-xl-and-why-transcanadas-shares-will-soar

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/us/politics/in-oklahoma-obama-declares-pipeline-support.html

The pipeline that burst was the Phase 1 pipeline that Obama approved and it was built and finished in 2010. It is directly relevant. Another thread needs to be created that criticizes Obama for approving the Keystone Pipeline (phase 1) if people think Obama made a bad decision to approve it based on the oil spill.

If and when the Keystone XL pipeline bursts, we can make another thread then and discuss it being Trump's fault. This thread should be about Obama, not Trump.

Rockydonovang
fair enough.

this one's on Obama.

It does however call into question why we're still building more pipelines.

ziggtard
Well until Nuclear Fusion is commercially viable (if it ever is) it is to be expected.

Raisen
hey I can admit it's my mistake and the blame can be put on Obama.

but trump is bad cuz the media so let's gloss over that last detail and try our hardest to put this on trump because of feelings

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Raisen
hey I can admit it's my mistake and the blame can be put on Obama.

but trump is bad cuz the media so let's gloss over that last detail and try our hardest to put this on trump because of feelings

Surtur
Stop spreading false information.

Obama Approved Phases 1, 2, and 3. He rejected Phased 4. Phase 4 is the Keystone XL pipeline that Trump revived and approved.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brighammccown/2013/09/19/keystone-pipeline-five-years-and-counting/#1f1252537adb

I also posted an article earlier where Obama was trying to get the XL pushed through but he was facing opposition. He made a shift in 2015 after getting increasing opposition. So he went from trying to get it done to changing his mind after dealing with all the opposition.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/1429491-why-president-obama-will-approve-keystone-xl-and-why-transcanadas-shares-will-soar

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/us/politics/in-oklahoma-obama-declares-pipeline-support.html

The pipeline that burst was the Phase 1 pipeline that Obama approved and it was built and finished in 2010. It is directly relevant. Another thread needs to be created that criticizes Obama for approving the Keystone Pipeline (phase 1) if people think Obama made a bad decision to approve it based on the oil spill.

If and when the Keystone XL pipeline bursts, we can make another thread then and discuss it being Trump's fault. This thread should be about Obama, not Trump.

Lmao, f*cking rekt.

We're obviously going to hear a shitload of whining about Obama in 3...2...1...

ziggtard
Yeah, it seems that Trump derangement syndrome still hasn't faded yet.

But I still wouldn't blame Obama for the Oil spillage, as he's not directly responsible. Just like I don't take Solace in blaming the Donald for every bad thing that happens in this country.

Surtur
Lmao, f*cking rekt.

We're obviously going to hear a shitload of whining about Obama in 3...2...1...

K8E_zMLCRNg

Impediment
Bump because hippies are whiny cry babies and their tears and butt hurt bring a smile to my face.

#proudoilfieldworker #xraylife #pipeliner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.