Mace Windu VS Yoda - TheNuisanceBird VS Antoine Bandele

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
Many people on YouTube seem to have the wrong idea on Yoda's and Mace's standings so I made this on my discount Bandele channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teg3KTi59ds

No more than five months later Antoine makes this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjkefahGU0&t=0s

While Antoine had the objectively superior video (being more elaborative by showing more examples and reading the text he provided), I was still interested on how well Mace would do against Yoda.

While Yoda > Mace is basically factual I'm still interested on how ling Mace would last.

In my video, I mentioned how I wouldn't put it any lower than an 8/10.

What do you guys think on how well Mace would do against Yoda?

It'd be interesting to see how Mace would react to Yoda.

darthbane77
Yoda~ROTS Sheev.

Windu with Vaapad amp~ROTS Sheev

Windu without Vaapad amp<<<ROTS Sheev

Yoda>>>Windu

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by darthbane77
Yoda~ROTS Sheev.

Yoda>>>Windu

Yes, Yoda > Windu is obvious, but I'm wondering on how well Mace would do before his inevitably goes down.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by darthbane77
Yoda~ROTS Sheev.

Amp isn't circumstantial

Mace without the amp has been favorably compared to Yoda

Mace can factually, regardless of
Circumstance, compete with Sidious

Mace factually borders on Sid's level
As a swordsman

Yoda>>>Mace is unsubstantiated fan fiction. Hint: an absence of a certain type of evidence is not evidence

darthbane77
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Yes, Yoda > Windu is obvious, but I'm wondering on how well Mace would do before his inevitably goes down. Not very long then

darthbane77
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Amp isn't circumstantial

Mace without the amp has been favorably compared to Yoda

Mace can factually, regardless of
Circumstance, compete with Sidious

Mace factually borders on Sid's level
As a swordsman

Yoda>>>Mace is unsubstantiated fan fiction. Hint: an absence of a certain type of evidence is not evidence

Compared favorably doesn't indicate any degree of parity. Many of the comparisons I've seen can just as easily be interpreted as meaning power within the Jedi Order's infrastructure/decision making/politics as it can be interpreted as meaning power. On top of that, sans Windu's duel with Sidious, which IS circumstantial, Yoda has more impressive feats, significantly more impressive feats.

DarthAnt66
Mace is approaching Yoda's level, arguably on it.

Azronger
Wot

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Mace is approaching Yoda's level, arguably on it.

Yeah, an "eight-bordering on nine" is pretty close.

Azronger
Yeah, he's an eight, not a nine, so he's not on Yoda's level

DarthAnt66
No, he's officially listed as a 9 in Making Star Wars

meaning that he varies from bordering on 9 to being a full-fledged 9.

This is evident in the Sidious fight where we see Mace become stronger as the fight progresses.

TheNuisanceBird
No, he's officially listed as a 9 in Making Star Wars

meaning that he varies from bordering on 9 to being a full-fledged 9.

This is evident in the Sidious fight where we see Mace become stronger as the fight progresses.

Due to the amp.

However, them saying you have to be Yoda or Mace to contend with Sidious could indicate baseline Mace standing a chance.

Kurk
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a jedi master with 800 years of life-experience is probably going to have more raw skill with a lightsaber than a 50 year old.

ILS
Yoda is better than Mace, but that isn't why.

Kurk
Originally posted by ILS
Yoda is better than Mace, but that isn't why. Is Mace that much of a prodigy that he can do what Yoda can in 800 years in 40?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Due to the amp.

However, them saying you have to be Yoda or Mace to contend with Sidious could indicate baseline Mace standing a chance.
The Vaapad amp isn't included in the tiering system. NG doesn't recognize it.

That being said, it seems something like it, aka Mace growing in power as he draws upon the dark-side, is a likely reality, but that's not what I'd call an "amp."

UCanShootMyNova
The Vaapad amp isn't included in the tiering system. NG doesn't recognize it.

Oh cool. Quote?

UCanShootMyNova
Just to clarify, a long quote of well crafted speculation does not equal a quote. Just to clarify.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Just to clarify, a long quote of well crafted speculation does not equal a quote. Just to clarify.
**** off.

UCanShootMyNova
xD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.