Superman with Mjolnir Vs. The Silver Surfer with Quantum Bands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Steve Zodiac
Who wins?

leonidas
i'd take supes almost every time...

JBL
Lol, we know.

Steve Zodiac
Surely though the Surfer can just stop time Leo.

cdtm
Quantum bands can't be drained.

Superman still could. By both Surfer and the bands.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by cdtm

Superman still could. By both Surfer and the bands.

Quantum Bands are the single most underestimated item in comics.

Damborgson
What's so special about the bands again? Wouldnt Surfers default abilities be able to replicate anything they could do?

cdtm
Originally posted by Damborgson
What's so special about the bands again? Wouldnt Surfers default abilities be able to replicate anything they could do?

They could offer him some measure of protection against a Super Mjolnir blow (Which honestly shouldn't be "that" much stronger then Thor's, considering even without a weapon he's still strong enough to fight any high herald).

On the reverse Mjolnir woudn't really offer much protection from weakness exploits.

leonidas
ss had them as keeper and was....enormously underwhelming. they are sort of redundant for him. as for the time stop--not sure. mjolnir can traverse time and space. has ss ever stopped time on a battle before?

the bands are pretty awesome--quasar was one of my faves back in the day and they got some respect recently as well given what the new quasar did to the shield around earth, but no amount of energy is overpowering the hammer. i guess the drain route is possible, but with the hammers defenses? superman would shatter any construct effortlessly, and a few solid hammer blows would end this imo. supes adds the one thing that thor lacks in ss battles--speed.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by leonidas
ss had them as keeper and was....enormously underwhelming. they are sort of redundant for him. as for the time stop--not sure. mjolnir can traverse time and space. has ss ever stopped time on a battle before?

the bands are pretty awesome--quasar was one of my faves back in the day and they got some respect recently as well given what the new quasar did to the shield around earth, but no amount of energy is overpowering the hammer. i guess the drain route is possible, but with the hammers defenses? superman would shatter any construct effortlessly, and a few solid hammer blows would end this imo. supes adds the one thing that thor lacks in ss battles--speed. No, not Time it can't not sine Immotus removed those powers.

I think Surfer would just trap him in the Q Zone.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Damborgson
What's so special about the bands again? Wouldnt Surfers default abilities be able to replicate anything they could do? Basically the bands tap into the Q Zone, they draw Energy faster than the Surfer would on his own in fact he would be able to use himself to augment the bands output probably exponentially. Which was the idea behind the keeper.

JBL
When in doubt, use the last resort. Speed. Surfer could not care less about supermans speed.( Surfer is faster anyway) superman is not busting through his constructs easily, they have stood up to Thor himself. What's next Leo? Superman singing surfer out of existence?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
No, not Time it can't not sine Immotus removed those powers.

Even Superboy broke out of time stop recently.

Time stop is not stopping Superman. Originally posted by JBL
When in doubt, use the last resort. Speed. Surfer could not care less about supermans speed.( Surfer is faster anyway) superman is not busting through his constructs easily, they have stood up to Thor himself. What's next Leo? Superman singing surfer out of existence?
You wish.

DarkSaint85
Funnily, Superman has used that more often than Surfer has used weakness exploitation.....

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by abhilegend
Even Superboy broke out of time stop recently.

Time stop is not stopping Superman.
You wish. Are we saying all time stops are equal? How do we know that?

krisblaze
They've been underwhelming on anyone but Quasar.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by krisblaze
They've been underwhelming on anyone but Quasar. A bit like LAntern rings on most Lanterns.

riv6672

And Mjonir cant be lifted.

smile

krisblaze

?? Then how did Annihilus kill Quasar?

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Funnily, Superman has used that more often than Surfer has used weakness exploitation.....

Well, Surfer drained Hulk.... twice? Not a lot..

But maybe a different definition than weakness exploitation, as I was also thinking how Surfer casually contains/reverses the effects of Prince of Orphans, and other many examples of being a walking plot device.

And we've seen the likes of Radioactive Man use a probe to discover and replicate one of the Hyperion's weaknesses, so it's not much of a stretch for Surfer with his far superior senses and energy manipulation to figure out what red solar radiation does to Supes (And besides, isn't that covered under "common knowledge" in the rules? Almost everyone knows his weakness, and many have tried using it.)

cdtm
?? Then how did Annihilus kill Quasar?

Bad writing.

Somehow, he walked through Quasars attacks and gained control of the bands.

celeyhyga17
Annihilus would have done the same to Nova had he not used his little trick. Nova force is also supposed to be inexhaustible.

krisblaze
Bad writing.

Somehow, he walked through Quasars attacks and gained control of the bands.
He absorbed them and almost absorbed Nova.

leonidas
No, not Time it can't not sine Immotus removed those powers.

that was true at one point. not sure that is still the case even if ss did try and stop time--which i'm not sure would (a) work (b) be in character for him unless you recall a time he's done it in battle? can't see the q-zone working since supes would just teleport out with the hammer. /shrug

energy-based beings just don't fare well matched up against the hammer. add supes speed and strength? i give this to supes nearly every time.

Steve Zodiac
that was true at one point. not sure that is still the case even if ss did try and stop time--which i'm not sure would (a) work (b) be in character for him unless you recall a time he's done it in battle? can't see the q-zone working since supes would just teleport out with the hammer. /shrug

energy-based beings just don't fare well matched up against the hammer. add supes speed and strength? i give this to supes nearly every time.

I wonder if Thor can... When was the last time you saw a Thor teleport? Apart from Ultimate Thor.

abhilegend
He has teleported a lot of times in Aaron's series.

krisblaze
Teleported a lot in Remender's series.

leonidas
^ ^^ thumb up thumb up

TheHulkster
Interesting fight. Even diminished, Galactus is still a force.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/3/38919/1818892- silver_surfer_vs_galactus___guardians_of_the_galax
y_25.jpg

abhilegend
Not 616 Surfer. And that Galactus was unable to free himself from crimson bands of Cyttorak cast by a novice.

https://s6.postimg.org/uhwc7i8b1/image.jpg

Not to mention that Galactus almost killed Keeper at full power. Also Keeper fought Dargo Ktor Thor and it ended as stalemate IIRC.

leonidas
yep. keeper was a disappointment, no doubt. he was barely able to overpower the gotg--and they were NOT powerful at all, with the possible/sometimes exception of starhawk.

dmills
Supes. Surfer with quantum bands is almost redundant.

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
Supes. Surfer with quantum bands is almost redundant.
Believe it or not, this isn't entirely true. The Bands can augment your power even if it doesn't have anything to do with the EM Spectrum. Maelstrom did it :
https://s7.postimg.org/e60h5wblz/image.jpg

Surfer in the Guardians reality used them to stop time
https://s7.postimg.org/8w03s3w3r/image.jpg

Hide his presence from Eon (who has cosmic awareness) and Galactus
https://s7.postimg.org/ce7ib5kl3/image.jpg

Survive an all out attack by a pissed off Galactus (after Galactus had stripped him of his PC) :
https://s7.postimg.org/6d9te188n/image.jpg https://s7.postimg.org/trhspyxvr/image.jpg

Help Surfer and crew travel faster than even the Power Cosmic could
https://s7.postimg.org/lne9yris7/image.jpg

dmills
The only thing surfer has in his favor is the fact that he typically has a decided advantage over people who rely on energy as a power source. But against a supes/Thor power stack? It ain't happening.

JBL
Easy win for Surfer. Hammer placed in energy bubble, time stop, then red sun radiation fry or solar drain then blast to bits.

abhilegend
Before or after Superman bashes his head in?

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by zopzop
Believe it or not, this isn't entirely true. The Bands can augment your power even if it doesn't have anything to do with the EM Spectrum. Maelstrom did it :
https://s7.postimg.org/e60h5wblz/image.jpg

Surfer in the Guardians reality used them to stop time
https://s7.postimg.org/8w03s3w3r/image.jpg

Hide his presence from Eon (who has cosmic awareness) and Galactus
https://s7.postimg.org/ce7ib5kl3/image.jpg

Survive an all out attack by a pissed off Galactus (after Galactus had stripped him of his PC) :
https://s7.postimg.org/6d9te188n/image.jpg https://s7.postimg.org/trhspyxvr/image.jpg

Help Surfer and crew travel faster than even the Power Cosmic could
https://s7.postimg.org/lne9yris7/image.jpg

All True, could Mjolnir help anyone survive an all out attact from Big G or travel faster than the Power Cosmic?

abhilegend
All True, could Mjolnir help anyone survive an all out attact from Big G or travel faster than the Power Cosmic?
Yes it already has with both.

And those are alternate reality characters.

Steve Zodiac
Yes it already has with both.

And those are alternate reality characters.

They are divergent timeline characters, not the same.

And no Mjolnir hasn't. Galactus has never continuously offloaded on Thor like that.

abhilegend
They are divergent timeline characters, not the same.

They are divergent reality characters as shown in GOTG 25.

Yes, it can. Mjolnir is as hax as it comes for energy absorption.

Steve Zodiac
They are divergent reality characters as shown in GOTG 25.

Yes, it can. Mjolnir is as hax as it comes for energy absorption.

Yes, they are divergent reality characters so the same characters, but the reality diverged. They are not an alternate Universe, they are a divergent Universe, therefore, the bands are the same bands.

Well, Mjolnir is usually great at Energy Absorption but many, many, many times Thor holding Mjolnir has been blasted and sometimes knocked out. I'm a big Thor fan to Abhi, I am just aware that Mjolnir has limits and indeed it has been broken through channelling its own energy before even with the belt of strength wrapped around it. Its own energies are no match for the Big G.

krisblaze
Those limits being that Thor has to actively absorb energy.

Nobody's catching ****ing Superman off guard in a fight.

abhilegend
Yes, they are divergent reality characters so the same characters, but the reality diverged. They are not an alternate Universe, they are a divergent Universe, therefore, the bands are the same bands.

No, they are divergent reality characters and hence their feats don't apply here.

Yet it has absorbed energies capable of destroying an entire galaxy.

Nobody here has better energy absorption ability than mjolnir.

Steve Zodiac

Nobody here has better energy absorption ability than mjolnir.

Would it easily block heat vision Abhi? You know negate any ranged attack for Superman in your opinion, just asking?

Steve Zodiac
Those limits being that Thor has to actively absorb energy.

Nobody's catching ****ing Superman off guard in a fight.

I'm a big Superman fan, but he does get caught off guard quite often Kris.

abhilegend
Would it easily block heat vision Abhi? You know negate any ranged attack for Superman in your opinion, just asking?
Yes, it can absorb HV.

Steve Zodiac
Yes, it can absorb HV.

... you O.K. after that? (I jest friend smile)

abhilegend
Not really, I had to check my BP.

krisblaze
I'm a big Superman fan, but he does get caught off guard quite often Kris.

In combat tho?

Steve Zodiac
In combat tho?

Enough, yes. But it as with any comic depends on if the plot demands it. That's my big problem with Vs. debates, they are never going to be like the comic. The heroes are reduced to stats and feats and it diminishes them all, they become less heroic.

Steve Zodiac
Not really, I had to check my BP. laughing thought so! smile

leonidas
Yes, it can absorb HV.

@steve: you should likely request the thread now be closed. that admission is the largest victory you're gonna find in the forum and things can only get worse from here... lol

Steve Zodiac
@steve: you should likely request the thread now be closed. that admission is the largest victory you're gonna find in the forum and things can only get worse from here... lol Haha, Leo what can I say about Abhi, his fanaticism reminds me of my own over a decade ago. This is the start of his change to a more balanced outlook on his faverit as Bibbo might say!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.