Would you rather be Superman or Silver Surfer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Stats And Powers Equalized

cdtm
A demi god among men with a good job, family, friends, plenty of women lusting after you in both guises..

Or a star child without any sense of belonging, home, or life and is a glorified gofer to a cosmic *******.

Let me think about it for a bit..

Damborgson
Is it me with their powers? Or do I have to live their lives?

krisblaze
Neither.

These guys are way too powerful.

MrMind
uhhh...superman

surfer has no dick

carver9
Surfer and he can become human if he needs that.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Damborgson
Is it me with their powers? Or do I have to live their lives? Both but you are free to change anything in their lives

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer and he can become human if he needs that.

So can half a man with a strap on.

Maybe Norrin can make himself as human as anyone, but I'd rather bet on the guy we know can have super kids.

DarkSaint85
Lol.

Would you like super powers?

Oh gee whiz, yes please!

What will you do with them?

Take my powers away to live as a normal person!!

riv6672
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Stats And Powers Equalized
Superman.
His powers are easier to handle effectively.
I'm not smart enough to do a quarter of the things SS can actually do.
Superman? Much more basic.

SquallX
Originally posted by riv6672
Superman.
His powers are easier to handle effectively.
I'm not smart enough to do a quarter of the things SS can actually do.
Superman? Much more basic.

You're joking right?

You do know Clark is the smartest man on Earth if he wants too be right?

Clark is only hinders by pis/cis. Clark is so smart that he was able to understand what the Miracle Machine was from just a glance.

Clark has created robots that has fool the most perceptive of beings.

Damborgson
I might pick Surfer.

I would pretty much rid the world of diseases.

Undo the hold of religion on the world as much as I can.

Create new governments.

No country would be 3rd world anymore.

Colonize planets to make them habitable.

I should never have that much power.

cdtm
Originally posted by SquallX
You're joking right?

Clark is only hinders by pis/cis. Clark is so smart that he was able to understand what the Miracle Machine was from just a glance.

My friend, you're arguing against something he never said. He didn't call Superman "not smart".

And I happen to agree with the point he DID make, which is Superman's powers are more straightforward and easier to wrap one's head around.

leonidas
ss no doubt. assuming i don't need to be an errand boy. /shrug

Philosophía
Superman, easily.

TethAdamTheRock
I might pick Surfer.

Create new governments.

I should never have that much power. This is really good

CosmicComet
I might pick Surfer.

Create new governments.

Getting rid of diseases means the world gets even more overpopulated.

Sounds great from a humanitarian standpoint, but humans are a strain on their environment.

celeyhyga17
Surfer.

I can turn myself into a flying brick who shoots lasers from his eyes and back. Best of both worlds.

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Sounds great from a humanitarian standpoint, but humans are a strain on their environment.

Surfer can fix the environment too.

CosmicComet
Is he going to constantly make the Earth bigger to accommodate growing human population?

The animals, who actually keep the balance, need space to live too after all.

xJLxKing
Superman

Manageable life, easy to understand powers..

more human like

Damborgson
Originally posted by CosmicComet

If I can colonize Mars, I can renew our planets resources.

I've already begun colonizing our solar system, ill make it entirely habitable.

I would also tear down any shrines in my name to avoud becoming another Jehovah and encourage the attainment of knowledge on a global scale.

The trick would be doing this without killing the human drive to progress.

Mindship
Surfer. Built to explore the cosmos.

h1a8
As much as I love Superman I would choose Surfer.
This is the obvious and best choice of course.

SquallX
If I can colonize Mars, I can renew our planets resources.

I've already begun colonizing our solar system, ill make it entirely habitable.

I would also tear down any shrines in my name to avoud becoming another Jehovah and encourage the attainment of knowledge on a global scale.

The trick would be doing this without killing the human drive to progress.

What if you found out Martians exist, and they don't want you to colonize their planet? What then? DO you kill them to make more space for the human race?

Vanguard
Silver Surfer doesn't have a penis. So Superman.

panthergod
I might pick Surfer.

Create new governments.

I should never have that much power. 6

So you'd be a tyrant imposing your batshit religious fanatic view of atheism on the populace. Got it.

cdtm
Yeah, he does make a good case for Surfer.

But speaking of tyrants.. I've come around to thinking thinking the world of Marvelman/Miracleman wasn't all that bad. Think about it, people were well fed, disease free, the environment was fixed, oppression was ended, and a genuine utopia emerged.

Everyone and their mother points out flaws, but none of those flaws exist in the story. They're all imaginary flaws based on human quirks.

I think everyone missed Alan Moore's point. Only a non human god like altruist could creat a utopia. He'd have to outright impose it on us, and it would be perfect, and it couldn't happen any other way. And we'd hate them for it.

Way I read it, anyways.

krisblaze
I might pick Surfer.

Create new governments.

This is literally a lit of things you should not be doing with your powers stick out tongue

Hamfisting in governments and outlawing religion won't still people's spirituality.

Unless you're going to genetically modify people then you'll always end up with haves and have nots. Are you going to make everyone's IQ equal?

Shit guy:
https://i.imgur.com/0noAHXS.jpg

Facee
I would pick Superman's power. I would get a mask ( just in case), and then proceed to rob every bank on Earth. no expression

Or at least a couple per month. I mean who could stop me?

Steve Zodiac
I might pick Surfer.

Create new governments.

I should never have that much power. Miracleman plot line Dam?

Philosophía
I lol'd at Damborg going all communist, then adding a disclaimer "The trick would be doing this without killing the human drive to progress".

Luckily for the rest of humanity, I'd be Superman and beat the shit out of him, before he does too much damage.

DarkSaint85
I pick Surfer, then use my weakness exploitation powers to kill Phildo thumb up

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
my weakness exploitation powers I do have a soft spot for you, true.

ghostman
surfer, no ****ing contest. planetary scale matter manipulation, time travel, space-time manipulation, telepathy, telekinesis, energy manipulation absorption and projection(to the point of busting planets), FTL travel speed, durability to the point of flying through stars, astral projection, dimensional travel intangibility..... the list goes on. i love supes but the sheer potential for adventure with silvers powers are too great to pass up. ****ing LOL at dealing with humanity when you can travel millions of times the speed of light, im GONE. screw all that utopia shit, yall on your own

riv6672
Originally posted by SquallX
You're joking right?

Yeah, Clark's done all that.
I havent.

Still, his power set is basically fly/punch/fast/heat vision/cold breath/see through walls/hear real good.
I can get a handle on that.
Surfer's ability to absorb and manipulate the universe's ambient energy would be beyond me i believe. His esoteric abilities'd be wasted on me.
I likely wouldnt do more than use his powers to be a flying brick.

If i'm gonna be a flying brick, i'd rather have the power set of the best flying brick ever.

cdtm
Originally posted by krisblaze
This is literally a lit of things you should not be doing with your powers stick out tongue

Hamfisting in governments and outlawing religion won't still people's spirituality.

Unless you're going to genetically modify people then you'll always end up with haves and have nots. Are you going to make everyone's IQ equal?

Shit guy:
https://i.imgur.com/0noAHXS.jpg

With Surfer's power's, he can probably do even that.

Seriously, did anyone read Moore's Miracleman finale? It's almost the exact same scenerio we're talking about, except I don't believe the pantheon breaks religion. More, they sort of bastardize it by finding a way for people to talk with echos of long dead people..

But governments are outright ignored, diseases wiped out, money was wiped out, and every human was offered an engineered super body.

krisblaze
I read Miracleman, it's not quite as you describe it though.

He wasn't able to eliminate spirituality or pseudo-religion, and you had gangs of teenagers dressing up like Kid Miracleman.

So my point still stands.

"Id"
Surfer.

DarkSaint85
All I know is, kris writes like a child thumb up

krisblaze
You wanna die?

I am a god in paint.

burrrrrr
Originally posted by ghostman
surfer, no ****ing contest. planetary scale matter manipulation, time travel, space-time manipulation, telepathy, telekinesis, energy manipulation absorption and projection(to the point of busting planets), FTL travel speed, durability to the point of flying through stars, astral projection, dimensional travel intangibility..... the list goes on. i love supes but the sheer potential for adventure with silvers powers are too great to pass up. ****ing LOL at dealing with humanity when you can travel millions of times the speed of light, im GONE. screw all that utopia shit, yall on your own

This.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by ghostman
Don't forget the cons

1. You ain't got no ****
2. You gotta be a b*** boy to humanoid alien..

Genii96
Surfer can give himself one if he wants tho

Dareangel
talk to me when woman make songs and fantasize about silver surfer like they do about superman
YHGqmF9bB0s

Damborgson

Bentley
It's been confirmed that Superman can breed with human females right?

My sons would mess you up.

riv6672
^^^Hulk's sons would make your sons squeal like pigs. eek!

Out of curiosity, has there ever been a storyline where Silver Surfer (or any Herald) has been shown to have offspring?
Cant recall one.

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Hulk's sons would make your sons squeal like pigs. eek!

Out of curiosity, has there ever been a storyline where Silver Surfer (or any Herald) has been shown to have offspring?
Cant recall one.

None, afaik.

He could always adopt and pass on his powers, I guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.