Superman vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Superman

vs.

Thor
Hulk
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Iron Man

Setting: Avenger's Tower

Who wins?

TethAdamTheRock
Is this current thor with powers and hammer?

SquallX
Superman casually kills them all by either freezing them, or burning them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Avenger's. Would've been a non-fight before hand but now that Superman showed legit super speed, if he actually utilizes it, this is a shit load more competitive and he can disable 90% of the team easily if he's mad.

But this team actually knows how to fight together and Thor radiating and spamming lightning mean's Superman's super speed if he does use it becomes a lot less effective. Vision being able to phase and Wanda having mind control also adds a shit load more versatility too.

However, I don't know if he can be isolated long enough to be taken down but Thor and Hulk can eat his punches just like he would their's so I don't know. The combination of flight and super speed is a deadly AF combo. Take Thor out of the fight and he should win but Hulk showed just as much super speed as Zod or Non and they could keep up with him so...comic books.

playa1258
Superman speed blitzes and wrecks them.

Stigma
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Is this current thor with powers and hammer?
Yep. And current Supes.

CPT Space Bomb
Avengers win. Forget having to go up against Thor and Hulk...there is literally nothing Superman could do against vision. Stomp in favor of Avengers.

juggernaut74
Couldn't Superman freeze Vision?

ares834
Vision is Avengers only real chance. If he goes intangible before Supes blitzes they can win, otherwise Superman wins.

Psychotron
Superman wins if he's serious. There's literally nothing the Avengers can do to counter his speed. Wanda and Vision get blitzed before they even know what's going on, Hulk and Thor can't hit him, nor could they withstand a barrage of hundreds of Superman's punches at super speeds. Tony is a non-factor.

playa1258
Vision has not shown the speed to react. He gets frozen and shattered.

carthage
Clark perceives them in slow motion and godstomps them

TH3_V01D
lol at the idiots voting marvel, they cant do shit considering current Superman can fight on par with Flash while eveything is frozen in time, slow snails Thor and Hulk cant do shit because they wouldnt be even able to see him.

Supes stomps harder than ever.

In fact, throw, the entire Avengers roster, Inhumans, Shield with 10 INSIGHT hellicarriers, netflix street level shit and GoTG and they still would get horribly stomped

Superman is in a whole other level now

juggernaut74
Thor is on another level now also.

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yes he is, in a slow as a snail level

Superman can literally toy with him while everythin else is frozen in time, rip off his limbs, punch his head off, rip his organs out, melt his brain......

Slowdison is nothing more than a live static punching bag for current Superman

Also, is pretty funny how the only thing ''his upgrate'' did was is killing a bunch of fodder who were wasted by two M16

Zack Fair
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
Yes he is, in a slow as a snail level

Superman can literally toy with him while everythin else is frozen in time, rip off his limbs, punch his head off, rip his organs out, melt his brain......

Slowdison is nothing more than a live static punching bag for current Superman

Also, is pretty funny how the only thing ''his upgrate'' did was is killing a bunch of fodder who were wasted by two M16

Agreed. Was about to say the same thing about the upgrade. Sure he is better, but lets not get too carried away. Hela could still handle him and all he did was obliterate fodder he would have had no trouble wrecking before the upgrade.

---

If Superman has the same mindset he had when fighting the league he absolutely wrecks. If he gives them room to breath he can lose.

Impediment
Superman stomps so badly, it's not even a fight.

TH3_V01D
Here is Slowdison against a much slower ''can be tagged and killed by bullets'' speedster

http://freegifmaker.me/img/res/1/5/0/9/9/0/15099073392146663.gif?1509907368

carthage

Yup lightning that wastes fodder skeletons, much wow

Impediment
Thor and Hulk are the only two characters here who are an actual threat to Supes.

MrMind
superman easily the team is just too slow

Slowpoke
Actually I don't see Superman getting a big boost from MoS, he is always that powerful, maybe a little bit stronger but not really big change.

Superman>>>>>

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Slowpoke
Actually I don't see Superman getting a big boost from MoS, he is always that powerful, maybe a little bit stronger but not really big change.

Superman>>>>>

I don't think its a boost like a powerup, but more like him being much more experienced with his powers and limits(or lack of them)

He certainly took Jor-El's advice to heart.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I don't think its a boost like a powerup, but more like him being much more experienced with his powers and limits(or lack of them)

He certainly took Jor-El's advice to heart.

Yes, just not a big powerup.

Steppenwolf would get his ass kicked by Zod or Faora or Namek as well.

Inhuman
Hawkeye drops the multiverse on Supermans dome

MrMind
Originally posted by Inhuman
Hawkeye drops the multiverse on Supermans dome
batgod kicks mcu to the curb

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman was never amped. Stop with that propaganda. This isn't a movie filled with subtlety. If Superman had come back more powerful, it would be a notable plot point that was touched on by Superman himself.

Dumb, dumb, dumb,

Zack Fair
What I gathered from the whole thing was that Batman planned to use the box in an effort to keep Superman from turning into a DD but what do I know. I was hella wasted when I watched it.

celeyhyga17
Pretty sure MCU Thor beat Malekith who was massively amped by the reality stone. Stomping Surtur(diminished) wasn't too shabby also.

Hard to see this as a stomp.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Superman speed blitzes and wrecks them. False, he gets wrecked just by Hulk or Thor tbh. Avengers can deal with speed quite easily and despite his attacks he didn't do any lasting damage to far weaker foes and only managed to hurt Batman's shoulder. He's overrated.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Vision is Avengers only real chance. If he goes intangible before Supes blitzes they can win, otherwise Superman wins. Quit trying to argue powerset alone when even you realize Vision solos him by himself if you want to go that route.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Clark perceives them in slow motion and godstomps them He didn't even god stomp WW and she was ho,ding back trying to reason with him. He's going to piss the Hulk off and Hulk is going to beat the shit out of him.

celeyhyga17
I may be misremembering since TDW was mediocre at best, but didn't he go rounds with him and end up stabbing him with some sticks?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Pretty sure MCU Thor beat Malekith who was massively amped by the reality stone. Stomping Surtur(diminished) wasn't too shabby also.

Hard to see this as a stomp.
Thor didnt defeat Malekith, he didnt beat Hela either

In fact, MCU Thor has a horrible track record.

His only legit wins were against The Destroyer and Loki, one nerfed to hell and the other one a weaksauce

Compared to Superman who beat Faora, Nam Ek, Zod, Doomsday, The Justice League and Steppenwolf makes Thor look pretty bad.

It doesnt help the Avengers as a whole fought nothing more than chumps so far.

FrothByte
Superman is fast, but Cyborg and Aquaman were still able to put hands on him. WW was landing hits on him but Steppenwolf was also landing hits on WW.

I swear, DC needs to put some damn consistency on their superspeed.

TH3_V01D
Sometimes Marvel fanboys are just dense, dude can keep up with the speedforce and they still insist snails like MCU characters can touch him

The Avengers are gonna need a huge upgrade to make this a fight again, after JL this debate is pretty much over

Superman pretty much has Ultra Instinct now, the way he dodged Steppenwolf was sick

Slowpoke
Sometimes Marvel fanboys are just dense, dude can keep up with the speedforce and they still insist snails like MCU characters can touch him

The Avengers are gonna need a huge upgrade to make this a fight again, after JL this debate is pretty much over

Superman pretty much has Ultra Instinct now, the way he dodged Steppenwolf was sick

Actually, MoS Superman's strength and speed is already far above most of the MCU characters. It shouldn't require JL to tell that.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Rampage12
So you are ignoring that happened before he learned of his super speed by adjusting to flash. Can you name a time Steppenwolf landed a hit on him? You won't be able to because it didn't happen, he didn't allow it via super speed. There is no inconsistency, you are just wanting to slant feats in your favor instead of actually following the progression of powers.

WW has superspeed, yes? She easily blocks automatic gunfire. She was landing hits on Superman. Yet Steppenwolf had no problems keeping up with WW, and Steppenwolf is clearly not a speedster, otherwise Aquaman would never have been able to touch him.

Like I said, ridiculously inconsistent.

As for who I think wins this match, I'm leaning towards Superman but only after a hard match.

ares834
Superman simply wasn't using his full super speed most of the time.

He's clearly way faster then WW and co when he went full speed against Flash. When it comes to speed, both he and Flash are at an entirely different level and the rest look like statues.

MrMind

it's not that they are dense
they just have a hard time accepting the fact that superman can solo the entire mcu heroes cast

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Superman simply wasn't use his full super speed most of the time.

He's clearly way faster then WW and co when he went full speed against Flash. When it comes to speed, both he and Flash are at an entirely different level and the rest look like statues. Quicksilver was the same way and he was defeated. Relax. Marvel heroes just calmly beat the speedsters down.

smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by MrMind
it's not that they are dense
they just have a hard time accepting the fact that superman can solo the entire mcu heroes cast False, the guy was beaten by one human being in Batman. Get real.

abhilegend
Originally posted by FrothByte
WW has superspeed, yes? She easily blocks automatic gunfire. She was landing hits on Superman. Yet Steppenwolf had no problems keeping up with WW, and Steppenwolf is clearly not a speedster, otherwise Aquaman would never have been able to touch him.

Like I said, ridiculously inconsistent.

As for who I think wins this match, I'm leaning towards Superman but only after a hard match.
She was only landing hits on him when he didn't use his Superspeed.

When he did she was literally a statue. Its not that hard to figure that out.

FrothByte
Originally posted by abhilegend

When he did she was literally a statue. Its not that hard to figure that out.

Ok here's a question. Why would he not have been using his superspeed? Especially when he was trying to kill all of them.

And as a follow up to that:

Would you then say that WW was specifically not using her superspeed against Steppenwolf?

abhilegend
Ok here's a question. Why would he not have been using his superspeed? Especially when he was trying to kill all of them.

And as a follow up to that:

Would you then say that WW was specifically not using her superspeed against Steppenwolf?
Where did you find him trying to kill everyone? He was confused and lashed out.

And he wasn't using Superspeed because he didn't need to. He physically overpowered every one of them.

Maybe, maybe not. But Superman was definitely using Superspeed against Steppenwolf.

abhilegend
So in a roundabout way, she wasn't using her speed against Superman too, right?

abhilegend
Froth is hilariously transparent.

abhilegend
When Flash helped Diana with her sword she was again a statue when she was trying her best to get her sword.

FrothByte
So in a roundabout way, she wasn't using her speed against Superman too, right?

We'll get to Superman when you answer why WW wasn't using superspeed against Steppenwolf. It's a valid question, don't know why you keep ducking it.

I wasn't saying Superman didn't have superspeed. I was saying DCEU was inconsistent about it.

abhilegend
We'll get to Superman when you answer why WW wasn't using superspeed against Steppenwolf. It's a valid question, don't know why you keep ducking it.

Because it's nonsensical. We're not here to argue about why she didn't do something.

What are you trying to argue here exactly? Even if she doesn't uses it against Steppenwolf, what difference does it makes?

Not to mention your ABC comparison just reeks of desperation "Steppenwolf wasn't a speedster because Aquaman hit him. Proving Wonder Woman wasn't using Superspeed".

Just like "city block buster" Thor showing that kind of power once?

Oh wait.

Psychotron
Froth, re-watch the scene. The only hit she got on Superman was a shield bash as he was distracted punching Arthur away. That's it.

Stigma
Well, some good point here all around. I myself found JL Superman to be very OP, that's why I put his against a powerful team like this.

But. Simple question for Avengers' supporters:

Similar scenario as when Supes takes on JL. What do you guys think would happen if we subsitute Flash for Thor and he cathes Supes eye?

quanchi112

When he did she was literally a statue. Its not that hard to figure that out. Batman doesn't have superspeed either but he landed attacks on Superman. Quit ignoring the history of the character to cherry pick a scene in which he takes on the team that just brought him back to life. There is also a theory that he was amped by the mother box.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Psychotron
Froth, re-watch the scene. The only hit she got on Superman was a shield bash as he was distracted punching Arthur away. That's it. She head butted him you biased ****.

juggernaut74
Superman clearly felt that head butt also.

quanchi112
Superman clearly felt that head butt also. Psycho didn't see the film. or maybe he was squeezing a whitehead when the headbutt occurred.

Psychotron
Originally posted by quanchi112
She head butted him you biased ****.

Because he was holding her, you tard. Obviously he tanked it.

Superman clearly felt that head butt also.

He looked annoyed, nothing more.

juggernaut74
He was annoyed because he felt it.

quanchi112
Because he was holding her, you tard. Obviously he tanked it.

He looked annoyed, nothing more. You said the only the only THE ONLY. Do you what know the word only means ? Obviously you're an idiot.

It hurt him but he retaliated but he's stronger and more durable so she fared worse. That's the point she has the strength to hurt him and the weaponry to kill him since it hacked off his superiors limb Doomsday. Lucky for him she wanted to calm him down and wasn't there to fight.

smile

quanchi112
He was annoyed because he felt it. Psycho doesn't know what the word only means so he's probably licking a window as I type.

Psychotron
You said the only the only THE ONLY. Do you what know the word only means ? Obviously you're an idiot.

It hurt him but he retaliated but he's stronger and more durable so she fared worse. That's the point she has the strength to hurt him and the weaponry to kill him since it hacked off his superiors limb Doomsday. Lucky for him she wanted to calm him down and wasn't there to fight.

smile

He obviously didn't feel the need to dodge since he already overpowered her several times before. He knew she couldn't hurt him. Also, he couldn't really dodge a headbut without letting go of her hands. Better to just tank the hit and put her down in his next attack.

He was annoyed because he felt it.

It didn't hurt him is my point.

playa1258
No way the Avengers stop the speed blitz.

Stigma
Hmm. Do any heavy hitters of the Avengers have comparable speed feats?

playa1258
No they do not.

tkitna
Wanda wins it for the Avengers.

WolvesofBabylon
Superman with minor difficulty.

SquallX
For all the Superman lowballed, didn't

Valkrie stop Thor with a net?
Iron Man beating and knocking out Hulk?
Widow a mere human outrunning hulk?

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
For all the Superman lowballed, didn't

Valkrie stop Thor with a net?
Iron Man beating and knocking out Hulk?
Widow a mere human outrunning hulk? Context. Batman beat Superman on his own with weakness exploitation.

quanchi112
He obviously didn't feel the need to dodge since he already overpowered her several times before. He knew she couldn't hurt him. Also, he couldn't really dodge a headbut without letting go of her hands. Better to just tank the hit and put her down in his next attack.

It didn't hurt him is my point. Baseless claim. You're s piss poor debated and now acting as if you can prove Superman's thoughts at the time of the attack. So you admit she hit him more than once and concede your silly she only hit him once argument.

It did hurt him but it didn't ko him. You're a fanboy.

Psychotron
Context. Batman beat Superman on his own with weakness exploitation.

At least you finally admit Batman couldn't have done it without Kryptonite.

Zack M
Superman wins.

quanchi112
At least you finally admit Batman couldn't have done it without Kryptonite. When did I ever say Batman could beat him without weakness exploitation ? Newsflash Ali beat foreman because he had a strategy and knew he wasn't strong enough to take him head on. Superman fans excuse his piss poor strategy and the fact he was beaten by a man with a sound strategy.

Josh_Alexander
Avangers win after a GOOD FIGHT!

As others have said before, the Avangers know how to fight as a team.

The team wins eventually.

abhilegend
No

Newjak
Superman wins.

quanchi112
No Batman beat Superman when he wanted to.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Newjak
Superman wins. Ridiculous. He gets mauled.

Psychotron
When did I ever say Batman could beat him without weakness exploitation ? Newsflash Ali beat foreman because he had a strategy and knew he wasn't strong enough to take him head on. Superman fans excuse his piss poor strategy and the fact he was beaten by a man with a sound strategy.

Really? Because I remember you saying nonsense like Batman matching a full-powered Superman with his armor.

And you're analogy doesn't work because in this scenario Ali had lead in his gloves and Foreman didn't want to fight at all.

quanchi112
Really? Because I remember you saying nonsense like Batman matching a full-powered Superman with his armor.

And you're analogy doesn't work because in this scenario Ali had lead in his gloves and Foreman didn't want to fight at all. He did match him with his superior strategy. Superman's Boy Scout attitude is a weakness. Even Faora pointed this out in Man of Steel.

It isn't literal but my point is someone using another strategy besides raw strength isn't cheating it's being tactical. Vision alone beats Superman and easily.

Psychotron
He did match him with his superior strategy. Superman's Boy Scout attitude is a weakness. Even Faora pointed this out in Man of Steel.

It isn't literal but my point is someone using another strategy besides raw strength isn't cheating it's being tactical. Vision alone beats Superman and easily.

Yes, he matched a Superman that didn't want to fight him. If Superman was actually serious the fight would have been over before Batman had a chance to use his secret weapon.

Vision hasn't beaten anyone impressive so good luck proving that.

quanchi112
Yes, he matched a Superman that didn't want to fight him. If Superman was actually serious the fight would have been over before Batman had a chance to use his secret weapon.

Vision hasn't beaten anyone impressive so good luck proving that. Superman never wants to kill. Batman had him brought back to life and didn't want to fight him. Superman did fight Batman for his mother and failed. He had the motivation and still lost despite his whore mother hanging in the balance.

Neither has Superman. You abandon logic at all turns. Batman beat Superman with his mother's fate on the line. Without that motivation he's even worse. Superman didn't even harm Steppenwolf as much as parademons.

laughing out loud

Irony.

Psychotron
Superman never wants to kill. Batman had him brought back to life and didn't want to fight him. Superman did fight Batman for his mother and failed. He had the motivation and still lost despite his whore mother hanging in the balance.

Neither has Superman. You abandon logic at all turns. Batman beat Superman with his mother's fate on the line. Without that motivation he's even worse. Superman didn't even harm Steppenwolf as much as parademons.

laughing out loud

Irony.

If Superman had actually accepted Luthor's offer to kill Bruce in exchange for his mother's life he would have killed him way before Batman had a chance to use Kryptonite, like Superman pointed out. All Superman was doing was defending himself.

Superman has beaten three Kryptonians, the JL, and humiliated Steppenwolf, who was taking the rest of the League to town before Superman showed up. Your arguments are getting more and more desperate.

Josh_Alexander
If Superman had actually accepted Luthor's offer to kill Bruce in exchange for his mother's life he would have killed him way before Batman had a chance to use Kryptonite, like Superman pointed out. All Superman was doing was defending himself.

Superman has beaten three Kryptonians, the JL, and humiliated Steppenwolf, who was taking the rest of the League to town before Superman showed up. Your arguments are getting more and more desperate.

Superman would lose eventually.

Superman, Batman, and WW struggled with Doomsday!

Superman solo would have issues going against Hulk!

Team would eventually win.

quanchi112

Superman has beaten three Kryptonians, the JL, and humiliated Steppenwolf, who was taking the rest of the League to town before Superman showed up. Your arguments are getting more and more desperate. So you admit despite the ultimate motivation he still failed. This furthers my point he doesn't kill even when his skank mother's life hangs in the balance. This is how Superman fights in character he doesn't kill. Bruce all out owned Superman with his mother's fate tied into the outcome.

No, I am citing facts and you are ignoring the facts and pretending Superman is a ruthless killer. Even with dire circumstances Superman doesn't try to kill. We see Zod force him into killing him with innocents lives.

The Justice League weren't trying to bring him down only to reason and defend themselves. Batman beat him when he wanted to and Lois had to save the losers life. Steppenwolf wasn't hurt by Superman and was being attacked throughout the film by the League. Superman didn't defeat Steppenwolf despite this weak villain.

Zack M

Vision hasn't beaten anyone impressive so good luck proving that.

That is true.

Estacado
A serious Superman would just out speed them.

As for Vision he was getting worked by Ultron badly....

FrothByte
If we act like each and everyone in the fight would immediately act to the best of their abilities, then at the start of the bell Superman immediately speed blitzes, Thor immediately puts up a lightning offensive aura/shield, SW puts up a shield, Vision goes intangible. And all of these could be done at the speed of thought.

Superman might be fast enough to attack one of them before they put their defense up but I doubt he's fast enough to blitz all of them. So depending on who Superman attacks first, there's a good chance that one or two heavyweights will be able to put up their defense enough to give Superman a fight.

If Vision is able to turn intangible then it doesn't matter how fast Superman is, he's not going to be able to hit him. If Thor is able to put up his lightning shield which we've seen attack anyone close to him, then it might be hard for Superman to approach him regardless of how fast he is.

And the thing is, most of these guys are tough enough to survive a punch or two from Superman. He isn't knocking them out with one blow, not even IM. SW obviously gets splattered if she doesn't get her shields up. My point is even if Superman blitzes them, they'll still be able to put up defenses after the first hit or so.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Estacado

As for Vision he was getting worked by Ultron badly.... Ultron was stronger than even thor

Estacado
If we act like each and everyone in the fight would immediately act to the best of their abilities, then at the start of the bell Superman immediately speed blitzes, Thor immediately puts up a lightning offensive aura/shield, SW puts up a shield, Vision goes intangible. And all of these could be done at the speed of thought.

Superman might be fast enough to attack one of them before they put their defense up but I doubt he's fast enough to blitz all of them. So depending on who Superman attacks first, there's a good chance that one or two heavyweights will be able to put up their defense enough to give Superman a fight.

If Vision is able to turn intangible then it doesn't matter how fast Superman is, he's not going to be able to hit him. If Thor is able to put up his lightning shield which we've seen attack anyone close to him, then it might be hard for Superman to approach him regardless of how fast he is.

And the thing is, most of these guys are tough enough to survive a punch or two from Superman. He isn't knocking them out with one blow, not even IM. SW obviously gets splattered if she doesn't get her shields up. My point is even if Superman blitzes them, they'll still be able to put up defenses after the first hit or so.
At best Superman would floor both Vision and Thor before they could turn on lightning or phase.

They just dont have the speed to do anything before Clark hits them he was just as fast as Flash in the movie.

The league was floating in midair while Clark and Flash were fighting the Avengers will not be able to react.

tAsKW8hftSg

Josh_Alexander
At best Superman would floor both Vision and Thor before they could turn on lightning or phase.

They just dont have the speed to do anything before Clark hits them he was just as fast as Flash in the movie.

A lightning from thor would be debastating! Hulk is still a threat. Visions laser would finish the Job.

Wanda's TK seals his fate.

FrothByte

The league was floating in midair while Clark and Flash were fighting the Avengers will not be able to react.

tAsKW8hftSg

That's a big assumption to make. Thor and Vision can enact their powers with a thought. Superman can probably hit one of them but there's no proof he can hit both of them before one enacted their powers (with but a thought). Besides, even if Superman hits both of them, so what? It's not going to knock them out. They'll still be able to put up their defense after the first hit. If Superman sticks to one of them long enough to take them out completely then he'll be leaving the others free to do whatever.

Estacado
But how are they hiting him if time is basically still for Clark?

FrothByte

If it is Vision, he can basically just stay intangible and wait for an opportunity.
If it is Thor, he can just turn on his lightning and wait till Superman touches him at which point Superman zaps himself.

It's also worth pointing out that Superman doesn't operate in superspeed all the time, otherwise Aquaman and Cyborg wouldn't have been able to put hands on him. He seems to have to almost choose to turn it on or off.

Josh_Alexander

A lightning or a laser should be able to hit Superman.

TethAdamTheRock
Flash dodged all of supermans hits

quanchi112

As for Vision he was getting worked by Ultron badly.... Vision wasn't hurt by any significant measure.

He showed what he is capable of when he uses the stone. The league were holding back and trying to talk to him. He did no real damage and was being hit left and right. WW is faster than Steppenwolf but he tagged her left and right despite the team ganging up on him. Try to be objective and quit cherry picking while ignoring the rest of the films.

smile

quanchi112
But how are they hiting him if time is basically still for Clark? Was Steppenwolf defeated by Superman before he could react or fight back ? For ****s sake what film did you watch ?

Robtard
laughing out loud @ the "Avengers stomp" people. I know Justice League was meh sauce, but there's no denying Superman's powers/abilities. Fanboys be fanboys.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
laughing out loud @ the "Avengers stomp" people. I know Justice League was meh sauce, but there's no denying Superman's powers/abilities. Fanboys be fanboys. If you watched the film and missed the part in which the team was trying to talk to him and hitting him multiple times then you're lying to yourself let alone me.

Batman when he wanted to prepped and defeated Superman. Superman isn't too fast for people to successfully attack him. Oh the feats only matter posters are silly.

Robtard
If you watched the film and missed the part in which the team was trying to talk to him and hitting him multiple times then you're lying to yourself let alone me.

Batman when he wanted to prepped and defeated Superman. Superman isn't too fast for people to successfully attack him. Oh the feats only matter posters are silly.

Did you miss the scene where Superman was fighting in super-speed? That would be a display of the "powers/abilities" and a "feat" one shouldn't deny.

Do the Avengers have prep here? Do the Avengers have k-nite? Neither, so your point is pointless.

FrothByte
laughing out loud @ the "Avengers stomp" people. I know Justice League was meh sauce, but there's no denying Superman's powers/abilities. Fanboys be fanboys.

Don't know about the others, but I'm currently undecided on who wins the match. I do know it won't be a stomp on either side, and that's what I'm arguing against.

wakkawakkawakka
Not sure about Vision or Post-Ragnarok Thor but Superman could handle the others soundly IMO.

quanchi112
Did you miss the scene where Superman was fighting in super-speed? That would be a display of the "powers/abilities" and a "feat" one shouldn't deny.

Do the Avengers have prep here? Do the Avengers have k-nite? Neither, so your point is pointless. He can definitely fight in super speed but who did he beat without being able to fight back or ko'd within five seconds. That's how ridiculous posters get with this. He didn't even ko Steppenwolf and he's the villain the entire team wailed on throughout the film without doing any critical damage to until the parademons showed up.

They don't need it. WW obviously hurt him with a headbutt. Thor can do far more damage than she can and we aren't even focusing on the Hulk or Vision. We see other characters withstand hv as well. I am not denying his speed but just like in the film he's going to hit and harder than a WW headbutt.

Robtard
Don't know about the others, but I'm currently undecided on who wins the match. I do know it won't be a stomp on either side, and that's what I'm arguing against.

"The stomp" angle is silly on either side, as Superman's not taking out Hulk, Thor or Vision in one hit. He would turn the other Avengers into a fine red mist though.

quanchi112
"The stomp" angle is silly, as Superman's not taking out Hulk, Thor or Vision in one hit. He would turn the other Avengers into a fine red mist though. Not in character to kill. How badly was Batman hurt after the scuffle who he had a real beef with.

Robtard
Not in character to kill. How badly was Batman hurt after the scuffle who he had a real beef with.

Tell that to Zod.

But if you need to restrain Superman in order to force a win, that tells everyone how you actually feel. Regardless, he doesn't need to kill to win.

quanchi112
Tell that to Zod.

But if you need to restrain Superman in order to force a win, that tells everyone how you actually feel. Regardless, he doesn't need to kill to win. So glad you walked into Zod. If the avengers are screaming and about to kill innocents right in front of Superman otherwise **** no. He cried after like a ***** despite this man coming after his step mother and threatening their entire world prior to this kill.

He fights in character as everyone does. If you want to argue powerset alone I suggest cbr because it's just a few feats you need to worry about it and then you can go to town.

Josh_Alexander
Just keep in mind guys that neither Flash nor Superman have been depicted surpassing the speed of light!

So a lighting or Lasser should hit them!

playa1258
Poll doesn't lie speed kills.

Josh_Alexander
Poll doesn't lie speed kills.

Speed didn't kill Doomsday...

Batman's kryptonite spear did.

quanchi112
Poll doesn't lie speed kills. But Superman doesn't unless you're about to butcher some innocents. Vision solos. Thor solos. Hulk solos. You get the picture. His attacks did no significant damage to any powerful character in Justice League.

playa1258
None of the Avengers have the speed to react.

Won't matter because the usual suspects will keep this going for thousands of replies.

quanchi112

Won't matter because the usual suspects will keep this going for thousands of replies. Cyborg and Aquaman did. So did WW. Who did he defeat before they could react ? No one you tool.

You pretend he defeated everyone in a millisecond. You're a liar.

Josh_Alexander

Won't matter because the usual suspects will keep this going for thousands of replies.

Why you claim such? Wanda could grab hold of Superman via TK!

Hulk could still give him a hell of a fight just like Doomsday did.

And Superman isn't fast enough to escape lassers and lightnings without getting touched.

FrothByte
Ok let's put some proper thought into this. If Superman fought each of these opponents individually then here is how it will go:

vs. IM - Tony gets torn apart

vs. Hulk - Hulk becomes a punching bag. Hulk has trouble enough landing hits on Thor, as long as Superman utilizes his superspeed then he should have no issues dodging Hulk's blows. It will take some time to knock Hulk out considering how tough Hulk is, but eventually it will happen.

vs. Scarlet Witch - if Superman hits her before she gets her shields up the gets splattered. If she does get her shields up then she survives for a few seconds. Maybe her TK is strong enough to throw Superman around a bit, maybe not. If she can touch him with telepathy that could really mess him up, problem is I don't see how that can happen with her shields up. Eventually her shields will fail and she gets splattered.

vs. Thor - Thor will put up his lightning aura and that will zap Superman everytime he gets near. Doesn't matter if Superman can bullrush Thor before he gets it up, fact is Thor isn't going to get KO'd with one hit so we know he'll have a chance to surround himself with lightning. After that then everytime Superman hits Thor he also gets zapped in return. It will then boil down to which hits harder: Superman's punches or Thor's auto-lightning. Of course if Superman is smart he can just lazer eye Thor, but to do that he'll need to hold still which will allow Thor to retaliate with more concentrated lightning.

vs. Vision - Vision will go intangible and all of Superman's speed will be for naught. Then it becomes a stalemate and ends up being a contest of attrition. If you ask me, I think Superman gets tired of his superspeed first before the android powered by an infinity stone gets tired of being intangible.

Now, that's IF they decide to fight solo. If they work together, then every time Superman tries to take out one of the heavy hitters it means he'll give the others time to either attack or strategize. To be honest, I don't think any of the Avengers has the firepower to take Superman out, at least not without repeatedly bombarding him. Their best chance is to try and catch him and hold him down while SW puts him in a telepathic fugue.

Either that, or get him still long enough for Vision to plunge his hand through his brain.

So I think the Avengers have a chance at winning but only if they fight together. If they don't, then Vision probably ends up alone in a stalemate that lasts for a whole day or two until Superman gets tired.

abhilegend

vs. Thor - Thor will put up his lightning aura and that will zap Superman everytime he gets near. Doesn't matter if Superman can bullrush Thor before he gets it up, fact is Thor isn't going to get KO'd with one hit so we know he'll have a chance to surround himself with lightning. After that then everytime Superman hits Thor he also gets zapped in return. It will then boil down to which hits harder: Superman's punches or Thor's auto-lightning. Of course if Superman is smart he can just lazer eye Thor, but to do that he'll need to hold still which will allow Thor to retaliate with more concentrated lightning.

Superman no sold Doomsday's lightning/energy blast which literally vaporized everything in its path.

Thor's lightning "field" isn't doing anything to him.

Josh_Alexander
Superman no sold Doomsday's lightning/energy blast which literally vaporized everything in its path.

Electricity isn't the samething as a Laser.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Electricity isn't the samething as a Laser.
Are you just spamming now?

FrothByte

The energy blast that didn't destroy the slab of cement that Batman was hiding under?

BruceSkywalker
avengers kidnap Martha, supes kills himself... the end

abhilegend
The energy blast that didn't destroy the slab of cement that Batman was hiding under?
Yet destroyed the buildings far away?

It's like they couldn't kill Batman or something. Crazy, huh?

Silent Master
Character shield isn't a valid argument.

Psychotron
So you admit despite the ultimate motivation he still failed. This furthers my point he doesn't kill even when his skank mother's life hangs in the balance. This is how Superman fights in character he doesn't kill. Bruce all out owned Superman with his mother's fate tied into the outcome.

No, I am citing facts and you are ignoring the facts and pretending Superman is a ruthless killer. Even with dire circumstances Superman doesn't try to kill. We see Zod force him into killing him with innocents lives.

The Justice League weren't trying to bring him down only to reason and defend themselves. Batman beat him when he wanted to and Lois had to save the losers life. Steppenwolf wasn't hurt by Superman and was being attacked throughout the film by the League. Superman didn't defeat Steppenwolf despite this weak villain.

Considering he went there with the idea of talking to Bruce and getting his help to save his mother instead of just killing him, then no, he didn't fail.

I don't remember saying Superman is a killer. He doesn't need to kill the Avengers to beat them.

Is that why they attacked first? Superman never attacked them without being attacked first. He was not going all out against them. Steppenwolf wasn't hurt? GTFO, clown.

relentless1
Superman is faster than anyone on the Avengers and arguably stronger also plus he's deadly with that heat vision as a projectile add into that his durability and now freeze breath id say the Avengers have a loss on their hands if Superman is taking it seriously right from the start

abhilegend
Originally posted by Silent Master
Character shield isn't a valid argument.
Feats are though. Not that it matters to you snake eyes.

Psychotron
Originally posted by relentless1
Superman is faster than anyone on the Avengers and arguably stronger

It's not arguable at all at this point. Nobody on the Avengers has strength feats like towing an icebreaker or carrying an entire apartment building on his back. Hulk's Leviathan feat is the only comparable one, but Hulk obviously exerted himself heavily, while Superman did those feats casually without a hint of strain. And that's without factoring his cheese feats like the overpowering the Singularity and World Engine, and shifting tectonic plates.

Superman is just on another level.

relentless1
oh yeah i totally forgot to about the casual apt building lift lol

Josh_Alexander

Thats stupid considering Doomsday had time to react.

Doomsday isnt consider a speedster and yet he beat the crap out of Supes!

Josh_Alexander
Are you just spamming now?

Are you?

A laser and s lightning are different forms of energy! You cant take them as equal.

Shouldnt that be obvious?

abhilegend
Are you?

A laser and s lightning are different forms of energy! You cant take them as equal.

Shouldnt that be obvious?
My question remains the same.

Psychotron
Thats stupid considering Doomsday had time to react.

Doomsday isnt consider a speedster and yet he beat the crap out of Supes!

Doomsday is a mutated Kryptonian with jacked up stats. He had super strength, flight and heat vision. Why wouldn't he have super speed?

His super speed was mentioned in his very first appearance in the comics.

Josh_Alexander
My question remains the same.

Which is?

Doomsday is a mutated Kryptonian with jacked up stats. He had super strength, flight and heat vision. Why wouldn't he have super speed?

His super speed was mentioned in his very first appearance in the comics.

He didnt depict it.

You are assuming Thor, Hulk, IM, Vision dont have superhuman speed?

abhilegend
You can read, I assume?

Psychotron
He didnt depict it.

You are assuming Thor, Hulk, IM, Vision dont have superhuman speed?

So no one has super speed unless a character gets a special slow-mo scene to tell retards "Hey guys, I totally have super speed!". No wonder Hollywood execs think the the general audience is full of mouth breathers.

Doomsday gets scaling from Wonder Woman and Superman who both have multiple showings of super speed in combat across several movies. Thor, Hulk, IM, and Vision don't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
avengers kidnap Martha, supes kills himself... the end laughing out loud

So true. Funniest part is he let his step father die.

quanchi112
Yet destroyed the buildings far away?

It's like they couldn't kill Batman or something. Crazy, huh? Quit crying about Batman cucking Superman and proving one on one he's better in a fight when he puts his mind to it.

quanchi112
Considering he went there with the idea of talking to Bruce and getting his help to save his mother instead of just killing him, then no, he didn't fail.

I don't remember saying Superman is a killer. He doesn't need to kill the Avengers to beat them.

Is that why they attacked first? Superman never attacked them without being attacked first. He was not going all out against them. Steppenwolf wasn't hurt? GTFO, clown. He didn't go there to get beaten down by Batman. He actively fought back he just lost. Unless his goal was to beg another man to save his mother while his gf had to intervene to spare his life.

He didn't even ko or beat Batman yet you believe he can do so to the superior team the Avengers. Ridiculous.

He was scanning their defenses and Cyborg has so little control over his own powers he couldn't stop himself. A pitiful team that was learning their powers and couldn't even control themselves.

Steppenwolf was knocked back the entire film. It did nothing significant to stop him or even show him in true pain. Superman did nothing of significance to stop Steppenwolf he just helped beat on him which most of the team had been doing the entire film.

Ps. Learn how to break down quotes you stupid humen being.

FrothByte
Let's be honest here: Superman doesn't fight in superspeed ALL the time. He certainly uses it in combat, but he doesn't fight an entire battle continuously in superspeed. In the same vein, Vision doesn't fight continuously while intangible, Thor doesn't fight continuously coated in his lightning aura, and Scarlet Witch doesn't always have her shields up. They've shown the ability to use it in battle, but they don't fight continuously with these abilities turned on for the entire fight.

So if people here want to argue that Superman is going to fight out of character and move in superspeed the entire duration, then it's only fair to apply the same principle to the Avengers in which case Vision fights the entirety as intangible, Thor has his lightning aura on the entire time, and SW has her shields up constantly.

With this fair stipulation applied to all, the best case scenario that Superman can hope for is that he's able to take out every Avenger except for Vision. Doesn't matter how fast or strong Superman is, he can't harm what he can't touch. Then it becomes a matter of who gets tired first. I do know that Vision is powered by an infinity stone and doesn't need to eat or sleep like Superman does. And I do know that a phased hand through Superman's brain will hurt Clark a lot more than any single attack of his can hurt Vision.

And that's already the best case scenario for Superman. We haven't even taken into consideration what kind of damage Thor and SW can bring on him.

abhilegend
But it's not out of character for Superman to fight in Superspeed.

And its not like Vision has won a lot of fights being intangible.

Thor is a non factor at this point.

FrothByte

Thor is a non factor at this point.

It's not out of character for Superman to use superspeed in a fight. It's out of character for him to move in constant superspeed for the entire fight.

Vision has used intangibility multiple times in pretty much every fight he's been in.

Let's call a spade a spade: You're trying to apply a double standard. If you want to claim that Superman will fight continuously in superspeed then I can just as easily claim that Vision will remain intangible for the entire fight.

Thor is definitely not a 'non-factor'. But we can argue about that later once we've passed the Superman vs. Vision discussion.

Silent Master
They aren't complaining that it's OOC for him to do so, they're saying it's OOC for him to use it for 100% of the fight.

As an example, Thor used charged hammer strikes in mulitple fights. Thus it would be in character for him to do so. however saying that Thor would spam charged hammer strikes would be considered OOC.

quanchi112

Thor is a non factor at this point. He used it against the Justice League. Throughout the duration of the start of the fight and through to the end he was hit multiple times. Superman despite using it didn't massively damage anyone including WW who is physically weaker than Superman.

False, Thor is stronger than WW and has displayed far more powerful than she has. The Avengers>>>>>Justice League to the point it's not even a close fight. The Avengers rape. More powerful, more versatile, more experience, better leadership, and better cohesion as a team.

Josh_Alexander
So no one has super speed unless a character gets a special slow-mo scene to tell retards "Hey guys, I totally have super speed!". No wonder Hollywood execs think the the general audience is full of mouth breathers.

Doomsday gets scaling from Wonder Woman and Superman who both have multiple showings of super speed in combat across several movies. Thor, Hulk, IM, and Vision don't.

Just because they don't add the "slow mode" scene when they fight doesn't mean they aren't superfast!

Either way,

Hela got one of those slow mode scenes when fighting the Asgardian Soldiers!

Thor was seen fighting Hela no issue...prove enough of Thor being fast.

carthage
-

abhilegend
It's not out of character for Superman to use superspeed in a fight. It's out of character for him to move in constant superspeed for the entire fight.

Like he did against Flash?

Like? Does he wins all of them due to intangiblity?

Where did I claim that?

What's there to discuss about Vision? He might get intangible and then when tries to attack Superman by getting tangible as he is prone to do, gets punched in the face.

quanchi112

Where did I claim that?

What's there to discuss about Vision? He might get intangible and then when tries to attack Superman by getting tangible as he is prone to do, gets punched in the face. If Vision gets punched in the face he's fine since he did no critical damage to WW or even Steppenwolf. His striking power is pretty weak when you cosmiderinconsidering he can't even lay out weaker characters than himself.

TheGrat1
Just saw the film. Kal-El owns. Let not the nay-sayers and low-ballers lead you astray.

"Scarlet Witch shields." LMAO

FrothByte

Where did I claim that?

What's there to discuss about Vision? He might get intangible and then when tries to attack Superman by getting tangible as he is prone to do, gets punched in the face.

Yeah, like Superman only did against Flash and not the other JL members.

Vision tore apart a few ultronbots with phasing. And considering that that was the only fight Vision was in that he really wanted to kill his opponent, that's a good percentage.

Vision doesn't need to turn tangible to attack Superman, at least not how you describe it. He can remain intangible all throught, chase Superman around for a few days till he gets tired, wait for a chance to put his arm inside Superman, then turn tangible again.

And even if Vision gets punched in the face, so what? Clark doesn't have the punching output to KO Vision with one hit. We don't even know if Vision can get hurt with a physical attack.

h1a8

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>