WW, how invulnerable is she actually?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Where's she rank, on this list of characters i pulled out my butt?

Orion
Luke Cage
Etrigan
Sasquatch
Lobo
Colossus
Citizen Steel
Ben Grimm
Invincible
Captain Britain

https://i.imgflip.com/1zmi68.jpg

CosmicComet
Her invulnerability is just weird.

If a bullet can pierce you but a punch from Superman barely leaves a bruise, that would imply that the bullet is creating more pressure than Supes' fist.

Obviously that's not the case and makes no real life sense.

SquallX
It's obvious really.

She's a woman, and she vulnerable to piercing shifty

riv6672
Originally posted by CosmicComet

If a bullet can pierce you but a punch from Superman barely leaves a bruise, that would imply that the bullet is creating more pressure than Supes' fist.

Obviously that's not the case and makes no real life sense.
Yeah, i've always thought it odd.

So, if anyone cares to, compare to anyone on the list, rank her on the list, just anything to give an idea where she stands.

carver9
Blunt Force is on Orion level.
Piercing is on Sasquash level.

Mindship
Wonder Woman is trapped by her own convention. Marston didn't want just a female version of Superman, standing there with bullets bouncing off her chest (heh). So blocking bullets with bracelets became WW's defining signature move, and writers have simply had to work around that with regard to other means of her being harmed.

It's like with Surfer: he has all those friggin powers yet still uses the board to fly (indeed, he generally falls when knocked off). Why? Because this is his signature look, and if he flew without it, he wouldn't be *surfing*.

leonidas
thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by SquallX
It's obvious really.

She's a woman, and she vulnerable to piercing shifty

I wonder if that's what they thought when they created the character? hmmm

Stoic
Can Wonder Woman's skin be penetrated by high caliber ammunition, without any magical gear being present on, or near her?

DarkSaint85
Current can.

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/7/72718/5769362-ww_19_2.jpg

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/api/image/scale_super/5829606-rco005_1493209286.jpg

Preboot? Handguns would do it:
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/2532/3010717-2542104-1802637_wonder_woman_vs_bullet_super.jpg

riv6672
^^^thanks!!!

Originally posted by Mindship
Wonder Woman is trapped by her own convention. Marston didn't want just a female version of Superman, standing there with bullets bouncing off her chest (heh). So blocking bullets with bracelets became WW's defining signature move, and writers have simply had to work around that with regard to other means of her being harmed.

It's like with Surfer: he has all those friggin powers yet still uses the board to fly (indeed, he generally falls when knocked off). Why? Because this is his signature look, and if he flew without it, he wouldn't be *surfing*.

^^^and thanks. I like how you worded that.

SquallX
Originally posted by Stoic
I wonder if that's what they thought when they created the character? hmmm

Remember Marsten, her creator was a freak.

He literally based Diana on his mistress. That's why when you tie her hands, she lost all her powers. Marsten was a known bondage freak. Him and his wife and mistress live that type of life, and he created Diana to reflect that aspect of his life.

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^and thanks. I like how you worded that. I had written this response once before, years ago. Practice.

Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up smile

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Magic is weird, period.

Lobo and Langkowski are comparable to Diana when it comes to the piercing durability department.

riv6672
Dont recall seeing Sasquatch pierced before.
I guess it makes sense him being furry and all.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
Dont recall seeing Sasquatch pierced before.
I guess it makes sense him being furry and all.

Sabretooth: Open Season mini. He gets shot a lot there.

riv6672
^^^not doubting you, just saying furry characters are more apt to be drawn bleeding than say, metallic or stone.
Pretty dramaric imagery.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/76/39/fe/7639fe936a7309f47e41d224b25f1e03--open-season-season-.jpg

-K-M-
Sasquatch can be pierced. But Open Season was pretty badly written. That was the same issue sabretooth killed Wendigo. Prior to Sasquatch being shot he was beating sabretooth and then fell into a pit of wooden spikes that impaled and seriously damaged him.....yeah

While in other stories Sasquatch was said to be able to take armour piercing machine gun fire and be fine. Comic consistency

riv6672
Originally posted by -K-M-
Sasquatch can be pierced. But Open Season was pretty badly written. That was the same issue sabretooth killed Wendigo. Prior to Sasquatch being shot he was beating sabretooth and then fell into a pit of wooden spikes that impaled and seriously damaged him.....yeah

While in other stories Sasquatch was said to be able to take armour piercing machine gun fire and be fine. Comic consistency
I agree; i wasnt looking to get into it with Stilt of all ppl, on that, though.
Badly written, but it works in the context of this thread.

Philosophía
I think Diana's durability is a bit overrated, and something that is generally not mentioned in debates concerning her, and I'm not talking about her piercing durability.

Her bracelets notwithstanding, it's not really one of her strongest points, and one of the areas where she's below most top heralds.

riv6672
I agree on that last, in theory, which is why i was hoping to put a finger on it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.