For those left leaning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raisen
It seems there isn't a lot of fairness on either side regarding Presidents of different persuasions. This is some real b.s..

I'm more right leaning but I liked some things about our past president. I don't care what cons say, I believe he was a very good communicator. I also believe for the most part Obama was true to what he believed and I respect that.

For those left leaning...what do you like about our current President? No sarcasm. Be honest. If you can't name one thing you should really analyse yourself and question how much you buy into the bias in media and mob mentality

Name one thing you like about our current president without using sarcasm. Be honest

Bashar Teg
nothing.

Raisen
Yeah. What I thought and shows a deeper reason why a lot of people can't be reasoned with

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Raisen
Yeah. What I thought and shows a deeper reason why a lot of people can't be reasoned with
i give an honest answer and op's mad now. okay, tenderbuns.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
nothing.

If you can't name one thing you should really analyse yourself and question how much you buy into the bias in media and mob mentality

laughing

Raisen

I'm cool dude. It just apparent that certain groups don't have individual thought or they won't deviate from group think even if it's wrong. Liberals circle the wagon no matter what. In this game integrity can't prevail.

If that's your honest answer then thanks for your time

Bashar Teg
I'm cool dude. It just apparent that certain groups don't have individual thought or they won't deviate from group think even if it's wrong. Liberals circle the wagon no matter what. In this game integrity can't prevail.

If that's your honest answer then thanks for your time

riiight. if you can't handle an honest answer without getting your fee-fees hurt and making personal judgements on people, maybe just don't ask.

Surtur

Speaking of buns that are tender:

Originally posted by Surtur
Did you not sleep well, champ?

eat a bag of dicks, child.

Ohh.

wanted to play dcs but configuring controls is impossible

good thing it's free or i'd be pissed

Tell us more.

you're a whiny b1tch?

Hmm.

Surtur
riiight. if you can't handle an honest answer without getting your fee-fees hurt and making personal judgements on people, maybe just don't ask.

I just picture you typing this as tears stream down your face.

Raisen

Good Lord bash

Surtur
Good Lord bash

Watch out, he couldn't configure the controls on a game and now he is out for e-blood.

Raisen
This countrys future is phucked

Surtur
I don't even wanna think of the type of dark shit that is gonna go down if his internet connection begins to slow.

jaden101
It seems there isn't a lot of fairness on either side regarding Presidents of different persuasions. This is some real b.s..

I'm more right leaning but I liked some things about our past president. I don't care what cons say, I believe he was a very good communicator. I also believe for the most part Obama was true to what he believed and I respect that.

For those left leaning...what do you like about our current President? No sarcasm. Be honest. If you can't name one thing you should really analyse yourself and question how much you buy into the bias in media and mob mentality

Name one thing you like about our current president without using sarcasm. Be honest

He seems more willing to work across the aisle than most of the other republicans that ran for president.

BackFire
He has some ****able daughters.

Lord Lucien
He's really rich, so I can trust him.

Raisen
Originally posted by jaden101
He seems more willing to work across the aisle than most of the other republicans that ran for president.

that's legit man. I agree. thanks for taking your time bro

Raisen
Originally posted by BackFire
He has some ****able daughters.

tiffany not so much

dadudemon
I am a dirty hippy liberal so I think I can answer this question, honestly, for OP:

Almost nothing. I really dislike Trump. He's a huge *sshole, a racist, a pervert, a sexist, etc. etc. etc.

There are almost no redeeming qualities about him.

But I REALLY REALLY enjoy it that he gets the lefties panties in a bunch. Absolutely love it. It's so delicious! I cannot describe how very fun it is watching them act like imbeciles over Trump.

I guess you could so that he acts and says what's really on his mind instead of being politically correct. The people who can say pretty words with a smile while twisting the knife in your guts (Obama, Hillary) are far worse than people like Trump who get raging mad and scream that they are going to stab you in the guts. I think people like Trump can be controlled more easily. Just box him into a set of ideas he can operate in but pretend like you're presenting him options that you need him to action on and watch how he's contained.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He's really rich, so I can trust him.

I legit lol'd. Classic Lord Lucien bringing the top keks.

dadudemon
tiffany not so much

She's alright:

https://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/578909616e85f8db434d46bb/3:2/w_1200,h_630,c_limit/tiffany-trump.jpg

Raisen
agree. I get more of a feeling of authenticity from him.

Raisen
Originally posted by dadudemon
She's alright:

https://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/578909616e85f8db434d46bb/3:2/w_1200,h_630,c_limit/tiffany-trump.jpg

she looks ok in some pics but she has a head like a gremlin. ivanka is elegant

BackFire
I think Tiffany is hotter than Ivanka.

Something about Ivanka rubs me the wrong way. Get a creepy stepford wives vibe from her.

dadudemon

Something about Ivanka rubs me the wrong way. Get a creepy stepford wives vibe from her.

I can see that. It's the same thing I just described earlier: smiles, pretty words, knife in guts.

Raisen

it's just your individual interpretation based on the mindwashing you received. we all have it

BackFire
What the hell is mindwashing?

Raisen

too many variations to explain. what i'm specifically referring to is we are fed through the media a character that exhibits certain traits and psychologically we seek patterns to affirm these traits. Patternicity is a proven self defense mechanism.

So we constantly see certain characteristics of people portrayed in film, media etc....the type cast sort. then we prejudge others according to this type cast if we pick up on specific verbal and non-verbal expressions

Raisen
it can be summed up to prejudice I guess. just like I automatically look at tiffany and see a girl that likes to get drunk and cause trouble.

BackFire
Yeah. Or I just think Tiffany is hotter. Either/or.

Raisen
Yeah. Or I just think Tiffany is hotter. Either/or.

thumb up

ok

Rockydonovang
thumb up

It's totally valid not to be able to find a positive regarding a reality show host who has virtually no qualifications for the most important job in our country. Seriously, he's basically admitted he didn't know what the fck he was doing more than once, and all of his policy has
A. been based on rhetoric, rather than evidence/stats/historical precedent suggesting said policy would be effective in whatever he was trying to prevent(refugee ban)(Health Care)(Tax Reform)(deregulating banks)

B. Not worked(trade deficits continue to expand despite his promises and actions aimed at the opposite)

C. Badly executed(Refugee Ban)

I'll try though:
-He eventually condemned White supremacy
-He seems to have accepted that climate change is real, at least publicly
-He supports infrastructure

dadudemon

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/mindwashing

https://twitter.com/hashtag/mindwashing

BackFire
So just brainwashing then. I thought maybe it had a different meaning.

dadudemon
So just brainwashing then. I thought maybe it had a different meaning.

I think it is a new thing...I don't know if the trend showed up and took root because of that book, first, or if it is a hip hop thing that is new. But...yeah...what you said.

BackFire
Yeah, probably rap music.

Raisen
rap. what? no

the term has been around for quite some time. we are all mindwashed to a degree.

BackFire
Nah, just you.

Raisen
Nah, just you.

whatever you want to believe buddy.

SquallX
:

Almost nothing. I really dislike Trump. He's a huge *sshole, a racist, a pervert, a sexist, etc. etc. etc.

How is Trump racist?

NewGuy01
He pulled us out of the TPP. He did it for the wrong reasons, but I appreciate it.

Aside from that, no, I don't think there's a single thing I like about the job he's doing.

Foxsteak
Things I like about Trump?

He pisses off the left wing masses and creates memes. He wins because freedom, and he has balls.

On those Isidewith quizzes, I usually align more with Hillary than any of the candidates, but the whole war on terror and refugee crisis put into perspective what obvious bullshit the mainstream media was and it was a big issue for me. Stop bombing the middle east and sending these people into Europe. Trump and Farage came out against this thing.

He also is more left leaning than most of the other republicans.

Other than that, he's a loon and not likeable for a lot of reasons, which I could list.

His cabinet is shady, at best.
He has horrible mannerisms and is rude and arrogant when he talks.
He's a bullshit artist.
He eats his steak well done with ketchup.
Sometimes it's like he's intentionally just trying to piss people off. Funny, but it's getting tired now.
He doesn't give a shit about the people he upsets cos he's rich.

BackFire
Originally posted by Foxsteak

He eats his steak well done with ketchup.

Are you ****ing serious? Impeach now!

Flyattractor
You KNoW the LEft aint got SHIT when THAT is something that is all they have to ***** about.

BackFire
I mean, what next? Fancy mustard on his hot dog? Eating pizza with a fork? Get him out before he goes too far!

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Foxsteak
Stop bombing the middle east and sending these people into Europe. Trump and Farage came out against this thing.

and then quadrupled drone strikes, dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb in our arsenal for keks, pushed for privatizing the war in afghanistan, and upped the military budget by upwards of 80 billion

Foxsteak
Originally posted by NewGuy01
and then quadrupled drone strikes, dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb in our arsenal for keks, pushed for privatizing the war in afghanistan, and upped the military budget by upwards of 80 billion It wasn't for keks, thanks to Obama and Bush there is more terrorism in that region. Privatising the war would end the war and rebuild, but for simple political reasons, congress doesn't want that to happen.

Similarly, in how Nixon pushed to end the Vietnam war by winning it.

Adam_PoE
If you can't name one thing you should really analyse yourself and question how much you buy into the bias in media and mob mentality

False objectivity for the win! By that standard, one who is unwilling to name a redeeming quality of a despot or a dictator is guilty of groupthink. "Hitler loved his dog," is not worthy of consideration in a discussion of his role as leader of the Third Reich. This "both sides" false equivalency is a lazy observation by people who mistake their political unawareness for "nonpartisanship" and "fairness."

Steve Zodiac

Name one thing you like about our current president without using sarcasm. Be honest Do you still want me to **** you till you love me or are you having cold feet about becoming my ***** since the pic I sent back just showing how big my schlong is? You will be gaping pussy boi! But you'll learn to love it.

Bashar Teg
sounds romantic.

The Lost
I'd ask what is good about him to those who support him.

Firefly218
Name one thing you like about gonorrhea

Stigma
I like his haircut.

Raisen
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
False objectivity for the win! By that standard, one who is unwilling to name a redeeming quality of a despot or a dictator is guilty of groupthink. "Hitler loved his dog," is not worthy of consideration in a discussion of his role as leader of the Third Reich. This "both sides" false equivalency is a lazy observation by people who mistake their political unawareness for "nonpartisanship" and "fairness."

cool way to bring up hitler again. nobody ever does that. good thinking there

thumb up

Firefly218

thumb up Name something good about Ted Bundy

Eternal Idol
As a celebrity? His antics and general buffoonery provide some mild entertainment.

As president? Can't think of a single thing to like about him.

Rockydonovang

thumb up
That he mentioned an extreme example to illustrate a point doesn't equate to saying Trump is as bad as Hitler.

But nice deflection. thumb up

Surtur
But I REALLY REALLY enjoy it that he gets the lefties panties in a bunch. Absolutely love it. It's so delicious! I cannot describe how very fun it is watching them act like imbeciles over Trump.

Bingo. It's like a double whammy with Trump. First they get outraged over something he does, then comes the outrage over the fact other people do not feel the same level of outrage as they do about Trump.

Did you see the heart attack people had when he called out Al Franken? That's just hilarious. It is hypocrisy to be sure, since he wasn't as quick to condemn Moore. But he also knows that they are going to tear their hair out fiercely typing out the stories about Trump. And it really just ends up going back to Franken lol. SNL does a skit that mentions Franken and you wake up today and literally every major media outlet has an article about it. They have lost their minds. Hell Frankens own liberal views have handcuffed him when it comes to actually defending himself against any accusation lol. Same goes for the other leftists.

This is how much Trump has warped their sense of reality. Trump Derangement Syndrome seems to be some kind of weird mass psychosis. IMO I think possibly salt depletion causes it. Shedding so many tears can't be healthy. I'm not scientist, but I am pretty sure this theory is sound.

Stigma
TBH Trump is a sh1tlord, expert level.

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
Name something good about Ted Bundy

Challenge accepted! He was so charming he could just about take a woman's breath away.

Zing!

Stigma
Bingo. It's like a double whammy with Trump. First they get outraged over something he does, then comes the outrage over the fact other people do not feel the same level of outrage as they do about Trump.

http://i.imgs.fyi/img/1djs.jpg

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/PC2wUnc.jpg

Eternal Idol
https://i.imgur.com/PC2wUnc.jpg

Trudeau would beat shit out of Trump. laughing out loud

Stigma
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Trudeau would beat shit out of Trump. laughing out loud
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/df/c9/43/dfc9433f78977fb8f7d42d99fe12c5d2.jpg

SquallX
Trudeau's a pussy. I honestly can't see him beating anyone in fight. Even an old man like Trump.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
That he mentioned an extreme example to illustrate a point doesn't equate to saying Trump is as bad as Hitler.

But nice deflection. thumb up

Exactly. Note he did not address the flaw in his entirely not well thought out exercise.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by SquallX
Trudeau's a pussy. I honestly can't see him beating anyone in fight. Even an old man like Trump.

What makes you so sure Trudeau is a pussy who couldn't ever win a fight?

I'd bet on a fairly athletic guy in his mid-forties over a fat guy in his early 70s any day.

Killjoy12
I also believe for the most part Obama was true to what he believed

I can't answer your question because I am conservative and like just about everything Trump is trying to do. But I would like to comment on your above statement.

Obama may have been true to what he believed. And if what he believed was not good for America so be it. Coal miners begged him to stop his war on coal. Would he. No. People wrote him wanting him to let the keystone pipeline open so they might get jobs. Would he. No.

BackFire
Trudeau would 100% beat the shit out of weakling Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuSpZ3_5pTc

Flyattractor
Trudy throws a pretty slow punch.

BackFire
Trump has survived a Stone Cold stunner. Maybe I'm underestimating him.

Surtur
A normal person would have been decapitated by Stone Colds shoulder blades.

BackFire
That's how Elvis died.

dadudemon
Trudeau would 100% beat the shit out of weakling Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuSpZ3_5pTc

Holy shit, Playdough is taking those punches like...a champ?

Anyway, yes, that's badass. Why do all of our presidents have to be ninnies?

Newjak
The problem with this is that he is doing so many legit bad things naming something minor isn't really going to change that.

Trump is a con artist who is getting even richer and making it easier for him to make his kids richer.

Steve Zodiac
sounds romantic. He can put out the candles and run my bath for me, after he has sucked his own shit off my dick and I have given him his punishment for being the dirty whore he is.

Flyattractor
Ok. I just watched that fight (with the sound off) And all I can say is that ....

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/68782962/im-not-saying-it-was-rigged-but-it-was-rigged.jpg

Adam_PoE
Trump has survived a Stone Cold stunner. Maybe I'm underestimating him.

Trump will pussy out, because his bone spurs are acting up. He is a fat little ***** with tiny hands. The only world leader he might be able to hold his own in a fight with is Kim Jon Un.

Raisen
trump has a pet bald eagle tho. a protection eagle

Todd1700

Digging deep and hard here. I'll confess that during the republican debates it was pretty funny to see someone up there not giving rehearsed same old same old answers. Trump was just shitting in both hands and flinging it at the other candidates. At times the spectacle was amusing.

But as president I see no redeeming qualities in him. He's an ignorant and utterly unqualified ass clown. He's also a racist, sexist, petty, corupt, narcissistic, lying bastard. The inept way he handles foriegn policy issues has strained our relations with long standing allies and made the world less safe. He is by far the most dangerous person that has ever been in charge of our nuclear arsenal. Hell, you have members of his own party talking about ways to limit his ability to order a nuclear strike. He also may well be neck deep in business with a bunch of Russian oligarchs that make Al Capone look like a sensativity counselor at a daycare center.

So I utterly reject your notion that there is something wrong with me if I can't see anything good in a man like Trump. In reading the posts of the people here who like him most of their answers seem to be, "I like how he pisses the left off." When that's the best thing you can say about a man you support for president then don't look at others trying to see character flaws.

Emperordmb
I'm not a leftie anymore, but there's a few things worth mentioning off the top of my head for positives about him:

*His presidency has been entertaining
*Culture Warrior Stuff-Really pisses off the hard left and with his lack of self control draws the only people who have even less self-control than he does (the mainstream media) into exposing themselves as agenda driven hysterical hacks, and is willing to condemn the "alt-left," as well as being one of the few world leaders actually willing to publicly and brazenly call out how shitty socialism is (was like the only world leader to condemn Castro when he died iirc).
*I agree with his stance on immigration being based more around merit than diversity
*He seems to be against affirmative action (which I vehemently oppose as it's something that is very illiberal)
*Got Rid of the TPP
*His stances on abortion are better than the current legal paradigm (As someone whose pro-life that's a positive for me)
*He's willing to threaten cuts to funding for public universities who don't uphold and protect the first amendment rights of people on their campuses
*Stance on guns
*He can actually be reasonably charismatic and give a good speech here and there (really liked the one he gave at the heritage foundation "Freedom isn't a gift from government, freedom is a gift from God" since I'm a proponent of negative rather than positive rights)
*Honestly seems pretty LGBT friendly for a Republican politician

As for the cons:
*His ****ing cabinet and vice president... Trump appoints people to positions of power who are even worse than he is like Steve Bannon, Jeff Sessions, Mike Pence, and in some cases appoints people to positions they shouldn't be in on the basis of incompetency or their fundamental opposition to the existence of their department itself, such as Devos and Perry.
*He can't keep his ****ing mouth shut lol, his stupid twitter shit is not the way a president should be conducting themselves, just makes things more divisive for the country and more unstable in foreign relations
*Says a bunch of vague unsubstantiated bullshit with no evidence
*He has no intent to do anything to protect the environment even independent of the Paris Agreement
*he's clearly a corporatist disguised as a populist
*He's narcissistic and egotistical and seems to make certain political decisions on the whim of whose pissing him off most or sucking him off hard enough at any given time
*His stance on private prisons is one I am thoroughly contemptuous of
*The wall and travel ban shit are retarded, even if I agree Islamism is an ideological threat and that we should have border security
*He's in favor of protectionism rather than free trade, and I'm not the biggest fan of that
*He oversteps the bounds of his office with some of his statements, such as telling the NFL they should fire people who kneel, or making comments about taking away journalistic licences from certain media outlets
*Claims to be anti-establishment while instantiating the establishment into positions of power
*Does a rather shitty job of leading his party

Overall I really do not like the fact that Trump is president, but I'm not petty enough to not acknowledge there's some positions he holds and things he does I can actually appreciate.

ArtificialGlory

Foxsteak
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Exactly. Note he did not address the flaw in his entirely not well thought out exercise. Well why can't you bring up actual examples from the various trolls on this forum, instead of pulling "Trump is like Hitler" out of your ass.

It's not even witty.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Todd1700
Digging deep and hard here. I'll confess that during the republican debates it was pretty funny to see someone up there not giving rehearsed same old same old answers. Trump was just shitting in both hands and flinging it at the other candidates. At times the spectacle was amusing.

But as president I see no redeeming qualities in him. He's an ignorant and utterly unqualified ass clown. He's also a racist, sexist, petty, corupt, narcissistic, lying bastard. The inept way he handles foriegn policy issues has strained our relations with long standing allies and made the world less safe. He is by far the most dangerous person that has ever been in charge of our nuclear arsenal. Hell, you have members of his own party talking about ways to limit his ability to order a nuclear strike. He also may well be neck deep in business with a bunch of Russian oligarchs that make Al Capone look like a sensativity counselor at a daycare center.

So I utterly reject your notion that there is something wrong with me if I can't see anything good in a man like Trump. In reading the posts of the people here who like him most of their answers seem to be, "I like how he pisses the left off." When that's the best thing you can say about a man you support for president then don't look at others trying to see character flaws.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm not a leftie anymore, but there's a few things worth mentioning off the top of my head for positives about him:

*His presidency has been entertaining
*Culture Warrior Stuff-Really pisses off the hard left and with his lack of self control draws the only people who have even less self-control than he does (the mainstream media) into exposing themselves as agenda driven hysterical hacks, and is willing to condemn the "alt-left," as well as being one of the few world leaders actually willing to publicly and brazenly call out how shitty socialism is (was like the only world leader to condemn Castro when he died iirc).
*I agree with his stance on immigration being based more around merit than diversity
*He seems to be against affirmative action (which I vehemently oppose as it's something that is very illiberal)
*Got Rid of the TPP
*His stances on abortion are better than the current legal paradigm (As someone whose pro-life that's a positive for me)
*He's willing to threaten cuts to funding for public universities who don't uphold and protect the first amendment rights of people on their campuses
*Stance on guns
*He can actually be reasonably charismatic and give a good speech here and there (really liked the one he gave at the heritage foundation "Freedom isn't a gift from government, freedom is a gift from God" since I'm a proponent of negative rather than positive rights)
*Honestly seems pretty LGBT friendly for a Republican politician

As for the cons:
*His ****ing cabinet and vice president... Trump appoints people to positions of power who are even worse than he is like Steve Bannon, Jeff Sessions, Mike Pence, and in some cases appoints people to positions they shouldn't be in on the basis of incompetency or their fundamental opposition to the existence of their department itself, such as Devos and Perry.
*He can't keep his ****ing mouth shut lol, his stupid twitter shit is not the way a president should be conducting themselves, just makes things more divisive for the country and more unstable in foreign relations
*Says a bunch of vague unsubstantiated bullshit with no evidence
*He has no intent to do anything to protect the environment even independent of the Paris Agreement
*he's clearly a corporatist disguised as a populist
*He's narcissistic and egotistical and seems to make certain political decisions on the whim of whose pissing him off most or sucking him off hard enough at any given time
*His stance on private prisons is one I am thoroughly contemptuous of
*The wall and travel ban shit are retarded, even if I agree Islamism is an ideological threat and that we should have border security
*He's in favor of protectionism rather than free trade, and I'm not the biggest fan of that
*He oversteps the bounds of his office with some of his statements, such as telling the NFL they should fire people who kneel, or making comments about taking away journalistic licences from certain media outlets
*Claims to be anti-establishment while instantiating the establishment into positions of power
*Does a rather shitty job of leading his party

Overall I really do not like the fact that Trump is president, but I'm not petty enough to not acknowledge there's some positions he holds and things he does I can actually appreciate.

Both good posts. Didn't want you two to think no one read or liked your posts (there's no way to upvote, +1, or like your comments so I have to reply to indicate as such).

Afro Cheese
I like his persona and his Rosie O'Donnell disses.

Afro Cheese
N4oHnN10m2I

"You know it's amazing. I mentioned food stamps and that guy who's seriously overweight went crazy." - Donald Trump

dadudemon
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
N4oHnN10m2I

"You know it's amazing. I mentioned food stamps and that guy who's seriously overweight went crazy." - Donald Trump

I made it to 7:17 before I got tired of it. I couldn't make it any further.

He's a childish bully who name calls. Someone on this forum put it right: he's great as a TV Personality where his antics are entertaining but he has no business in the white house.

"But the people voted!"

I know, I know.

Afro Cheese

He's a childish bully who name calls. Someone on this forum put it right: he's great as a TV Personality where his antics are entertaining but he has no business in the white house.

"But the people voted!"

I know, I know. Well, maybe the people shouldn't be trusted to make these decisions after all.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Well, maybe the people shouldn't be trusted to make these decisions after all.

I somewhat agree. I keep posting about my idea that people should be required to take a test to prove 2 things:

1. They are aware of the candidates positions and platforms.
2. They have a functional understanding of US Civics.

If they can't pass both parts, they should not vote. An uninformed, or even worse, a misinformed vote is not optimal, at best, and very harmful, at worst.

If only those voters were could prove they were aware of the policies and platforms of the candidates AND knew how the US Government worked, we'd have a much different voting outcome. These numbers range from less than 1% to 5% of the population.

I would REALLY like to see some exit polling that showed:

1. Who people voted for.
2. How informed they were on my two requirements, above.

I would want this to be a license issued to a person for one year. And they'd have to renew it each year.

Sometimes, and get this, I would not be able to obtain that license because I'd be too ignorant of the candidates. smile

snowdragon
I somewhat agree. I keep posting about my idea that people should be required to take a test to prove 2 things:

1. They are aware of the candidates positions and platforms.
2. They have a functional understanding of US Civics.

There are WAY WAY to many candidates that run for office from local to national elections to be able to know all their platforms and positions for full time working adults, the only people that would be voting are the people whose job is politicing.

dadudemon
Originally posted by snowdragon
There are WAY WAY to many candidates that run for office from local to national elections to be able to know all their platforms and positions for full time working adults, the only people that would be voting are the people whose job is politicing.

Nah. You're wrong. Very wrong. It doesn't take long at all to familiarize yourself with local, state, and national candidates. smile

If you find it difficult to familiarize yourself with ANY major candidate before you vote, you definitely should not vote.

snowdragon
Nah. You're wrong. Very wrong. It doesn't take long at all to familiarize yourself with local, state, and national candidates. smile

If you find it difficult to familiarize yourself with ANY major candidate before you vote, you definitely should not vote.

How can someone be very wrong when you are talking about a hypothetical without even explaining what your test would be like.

Is it going to be fill in the blank, essay, multiple choice. Is it going to be bilingual, how long will it take in addition to waiting in a line to vote. Is it going to be a line fail as in this guy can't vote in local elections he doesn't know who the potential judges are and council members or pass/fail and they can't participate in any election of any candidates?

dadudemon
How can someone be very wrong when you are talking about a hypothetical without even explaining what your test would be like.

"There are WAY WAY to many candidates that run for office from local to national elections to be able to know all their platforms and positions for full time working adults"

Granted. You said "all" and almost no tests require you always get a 100%. So you got me, there.

Is it going to be fill in the blank, essay, multiple choice. Is it going to be bilingual, how long will it take in addition to waiting in a line to vote. Is it going to be a line fail as in this guy can't vote in local elections he doesn't know who the potential judges are and council members or pass/fail and they can't participate in any election of any candidates?

I have no idea. I don't know what is fair. And the "oral" option would have to exist so people couldn't say it was a racist test because it required literacy.

What I do know is, a person should not be voting if they think Obama freed the slaves, or if Trump just saved the US $1trillion (2 points that people have "gotcha"d people over, before).

Dr Will Hatch
1. I ironically watched Celebrity Apprentice when it was on because Trump's absurdity made me laugh.

2. Even though he's a complete scumbag, he's probably too stupid to be truly evil. I also appreciate that he doesn't give a f.uck. Life is too short to be angsting about stuff.

Surtur

"But the people voted!"

I know, I know.

I'm hoping in 2020 we'll have two candidates to choose from that actually deserve to be in the WH.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.