Thor vs. Steppenwolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khazra Reborn
God mode, post Ragnarok Thor. Thor has the dual swords he was using, Steppenwolf has his axe.

Who wins?

FrothByte
I could see it go either way, though I'd say Thor wins after a good fight. Just a lot more options and ranged attacks. Plus, other than Superman, none of the other combatants Steppenwolf fought hit as hard as Thor. None of them also have the feats to indicate they're as good a fighter as Thor. And we know Steppenwolf can get cut and stabbed, so Thor really just needs to outfight him.

abhilegend
Superman hits far harder than Thor though.

FrothByte
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman hits far harder than Thor though.

Superman has never decimated entire city blocks with a single hit.

Now just to clarify, when I say Thor "hits", I'm not referring to just his physical punches. I'm including lightning and lightning charged attacks in there.

abhilegend
Originally posted by FrothByte
Superman has never decimated entire city blocks with a single hit.

Neither has Thor. In fact his lightning charged punches in Ragnarok didn't do anything like that. In Avengers him trying to kill Cap and the amped Shockwave didn't do anything than clear fog and maybe down some trees.

In age of Ultron, his hammer strike was amped by vibranium core if you want to use Sokovia as a striking feat.

I know. He never did anything on level of Superman.

abhilegend
Nerfed Destroyer? That statement alone tells me you're entering this argument with a solid bias already formed. Nothing in the movie indicated that the Destroyer was nerfed.

I can tell you that Thor easily defeated multitudes of Frost Giants and Undead Asgardians. Superman had such a hard time defeating a couple of his co-kryptonians.

Frost giants who were fodder and undead asgardians who were getting torn apart by machine gun fire, huh?

How can kryptoninans compare to that.

Thor defeated Surtur when he wasn't at full power. He was hilariously outgunned by a single dragon.

Superman doesn't need ABC comparisons with buildings. He can just casually carry them around as a joke.

Hulk got his better in Avengers. Thor looked good in Ragnarok but it wasn't like Hulk was totally beaten.

He took Zod down, he defeated Faora who was saved by Nam-Ek.

Yeah, try again if you think JL were holding back. He casually no sold Diana Arthur and Victor even trying to budge him and beat down Steppenwolf like a joke.

How did Thor fared against Ultron BTW?

FrothByte
Neither has Thor. In fact his lightning charged punches in Ragnarok didn't do anything like that. In Avengers him trying to kill Cap and the amped Shockwave didn't do anything than clear fog and maybe down some trees.

In age of Ultron, his hammer strike was amped by vibranium core if you want to use Sokovia as a striking feat.

I know. He never did anything on level of Superman.

Thor's lightning demolished the Frost Giant homeworld for acres of land. In the Sokovia explosion, the vibranium core collapsed the meteor but the shockwave that wracked the surface was purely Thor. There have already been countless debates about this and proof has been given countless times.

And again, he single shot multiple leviathans, each of whom were easily demolishing buildings by simply grazing them.

Just to be clear, I don't think Thor can beat Superman nor do I think he's stronger. But fair is fair, and Superman just doesn't have the same kind of destructive output feats that Thor has. Even the shockwaves that Thor and Malekith were making when they were trading blows were far greater than the shockwaves Superman and Zod were making when they were trading blows.

Inhuman
laughing out loud is this Abhi's sock?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Inhuman
laughing out loud is this Abhi's sock?

His kiddier alter-ego.

abhilegend
Thor's lightning demolished the Frost Giant homeworld for acres of land.

Ice. And it's not a striking feat.

Vibranium enhances the mjolnir strike. Even in the start a mjolnir strike topples a tank when Thor hits Cap's shield.

It's not even close to being his own striking power.

He Electrocuted them. It's not "striking power".

Eh, what? Thor's hammer strike shattered some glass. Superman and Zod literally leveled half a skyscraper.

I forgot how disengenous you can be while wanking Thor.

quanchi112
Superman hits far harder than Thor though. Who has he really hurt ? Batman ? Breaking a peers neck is t that impressive considering the position he had over Zod in that scene.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Ice. And it's not a striking feat.

Vibranium enhances the mjolnir strike. Even in the start a mjolnir strike topples a tank when Thor hits Cap's shield.

It's not even close to being his own striking power.

He Electrocuted them. It's not "striking power".

Eh, what? Thor's hammer strike shattered some glass. Superman and Zod literally leveled half a skyscraper.

I forgot how disengenous you can be while wanking Thor. You seem very envious of Thor's powers and are trying without proof whatever weak ass theory you can to try to diminish Thor. He crushes Steppenwolf who wasn't impressive at all. Thor is a better fighter, stronger, and has better powers than the dumb brick from the dceu.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor, not much of a fight either. He beats his ass like he did Surtur but worse. He isn't facing a bunch of losers who can barely even hurt him like Aquaman. A single lightning blast from Zeus is what beat him during his first invasion....what was Thor the god of again?

juggernaut74
Steppenwolf wins.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor, not much of a fight either. He beats his ass like he did Surtur but worse. He isn't facing a bunch of losers who can barely even hurt him like Aquaman. A single lightning blast from Zeus is what beat him during his first invasion....what was Thor the god of again?

Zeus >>>> Thor though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Psychotron
Zeus >>>> Thor though.

Umm..based on what? We've seen Thor's lightning...it is far more powerful. Thor couldn't even unleash his lighting on Steppenwolf in Zeus' place as it would have killed everyone around him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Psychotron
Zeus >>>> Thor though. Based off what ? You're obviously DC biased and have no evidence to suggest this claim hence why no one takes you seriously, zit boy.

celeyhyga17

Eh, what? Thor's hammer strike shattered some glass.
Not really.

e4L7tUSGBng

quanchi112
Poor Abhi.

Estacado
No offense but the colleteral damage in that fight is a joke compared to what Doomsday vs Diana & Superman were doing...

abhilegend
Thor, not much of a fight either. He beats his ass like he did Surtur but worse. He isn't facing a bunch of losers who can barely even hurt him like Aquaman. A single lightning blast from Zeus is what beat him during his first invasion....what was Thor the god of again? Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Umm..based on what? We've seen Thor's lightning...it is far more powerful. Thor couldn't even unleash his lighting on Steppenwolf in Zeus' place as it would have killed everyone around him.
ermm

It was stated clearly that the coalition of all the gods were necessary to just drive him off. Not to mention Zeus separates mother boxes on his own with a lightning blast which needs both Superman and Cyborg to do. Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Not really.

e4L7tUSGBng
Yes, a minor Shockwave which rips the street and breaks the glass.

Even MOS Superman had better striking feats.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Estacado
No offense but the colleteral damage in that fight is a joke compared to what Doomsday vs Diana & Superman were doing...
Doomsday's lightning blasts literally shredded buildings and Superman treated it like minor breeze.

quanchi112
Doomsday's lightning blasts literally shredded buildings and Superman treated it like minor breeze. Lies. Doomsday killed him despite the help Superman had. Thor wrecks Steppenwolf.

Estacado
As for low feats Thor was captured by a fckin net, god mode Thor was zapped by some toy and had a hard time freeing himself from some weakass chair....haermm

He would prolly beat Steppenwolf tho.

h1a8
Thor's lightning demolished the Frost Giant homeworld for acres of land. In the Sokovia explosion, the vibranium core collapsed the meteor but the shockwave that wracked the surface was purely Thor. There have already been countless debates about this and proof has been given countless times.

And again, he single shot multiple leviathans, each of whom were easily demolishing buildings by simply grazing them.

Just to be clear, I don't think Thor can beat Superman nor do I think he's stronger. But fair is fair, and Superman just doesn't have the same kind of destructive output feats that Thor has. Even the shockwaves that Thor and Malekith were making when they were trading blows were far greater than the shockwaves Superman and Zod were making when they were trading blows.

It was a chain reaction in Frost Giant land. Plus it was a charged lightning strike (not a Mjolnir strike). Destroying the first portion led to destroying everything that was connected on the cliff. Lightning melts ice as well.

In Sokovia, it was a shared feat. Tony overloaded the engines and Thor added lightning to the mix. The feat is unquantifiable.

BruceSkywalker
Thor..

by the way using some logic of a few in here parademons took out Steppenwolf lmmfao

Thor takes care of business

quanchi112
As for low feats Thor was captured by a fckin net, god mode Thor was zapped by some toy and had a hard time freeing himself from some weakass chair....haermm

He would prolly beat Steppenwolf tho. Plot devices. A human can take on WW with his version of that white powdery substance. Plot devices have existed in comics and films since time Imemmorial.

wakkawakkawakka
Thor wins but he will have to work for the win given Steppenwolf's physical abilities and whatnot. Then again I'm not entirely sure how Steppenwolf would hold out against something like the giant lightning bolt Thor unleashed on Hela.

Rage.Of.Olympus
ermm

It was stated clearly that the coalition of all the gods were necessary to just drive him off. Not to mention Zeus separates mother boxes on his own with a lightning blast which needs both Superman and Cyborg to do.
Yes, a minor Shockwave which rips the street and breaks the glass.

Even MOS Superman had better striking feats.

We SAW what happened. He was beaten back with a single lightning blast by Zeus. There were a bunch of gods yes, but Steppenwolf also has a huge f*cking army that they were fighting.

I don't remember that but so? How does that change anything I said? If we want to talk about random objects of power that we're affected by lighting, the Aether > DCnU.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Thor..

by the way using some logic of a few in here parademons took out Steppenwolf lmmfao

Thor takes care of business

Oh ya, forgot about that. Smh.

quanchi112
Parademons did more damage to Steppenwolf than the Justice League.

laughing out loud

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Parademons did more damage to Steppenwolf than the Justice League.

laughing out loud

Yeah you're ri.... Oh wait! Thor was knocked by an electric net, was held down by normal restrains he had to struggle to break.

Josh_Alexander
Thor 10/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Yeah you're ri.... Oh wait! Thor was knocked by an electric net, was held down by normal restrains he had to struggle to break. Plot device whereas parademons who were weak enough to be taken down by Batman caused more harm to Steppenwolf. Superman just knocks people back he doesn't do that much damage unless he has leverage or you're human.

FrothByte
Yeah you're ri.... Oh wait! Thor was knocked by an electric net, was held down by normal restrains he had to struggle to break.

What makes you think they were normal restraints? What makes you think it was an electric net?

abhilegend
We SAW what happened. He was beaten back with a single lightning blast by Zeus. There were a bunch of gods yes, but Steppenwolf also has a huge f*cking army that they were fighting.

It was a long fight with casualties on both side. Zeus did not fight Steppenwolf alone.

And Thor never beat Aether powered Malekith. It was mighty Jane Foster.

SquallX
What makes you think they were normal restraints? What makes you think it was an electric net?

Look at Quanchi bias.

If he's allowed to bullshit his way through every threads, then ill do the same.

So yes, am claiming there normal restraints and normal net.

Silent Master
Look at Quanchi bias.

If he's allowed to bullshit his way through every threads, then ill do the same.

Do you really want to be considered a quan level fanboy?

SquallX
Originally posted by Silent Master
Do you really want to be considered a quan level fanboy?

Of course not.

But after a while, it gets redundant reading the bullshits he's writing. It gets to the point that debating is just pure useless against him.

quanchi112
Look at Quanchi bias.

So yes, am claiming there normal restraints and normal net. What have I said that is bullshit ? You just admitted to purposely trolling. You're upset Justice league is a disaster at the box office.

quanchi112
Of course not.

But after a while, it gets redundant reading the bullshits he's writing. It gets to the point that debating is just pure useless against him. I do not ignore any facts that's what the dceu crybaby fanboys resort to not I said the marvel man.

FrothByte
Look at Quanchi bias.

But I'm not Quan, and neither are you. I'd prefer us not to devolve into that level of fanaticism.

quanchi112
But I'm not Quan, and neither are you. I'd prefer us not to devolve into that level of fanaticism. I argue based off facts and how they fight in character. I also do not use double standards and speculate to make my points, sport.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was a long fight with casualties on both side. Zeus did not fight Steppenwolf alone.

And Thor never beat Aether powered Malekith. It was mighty Jane Foster.

Steppenwolf was driven back by Zeus' lightning and an axe to the shoulder. Thor is a god of thunder with far better feats and a way more powerful weapon....He was beaten by Thor's most basic combo attack. A tiny ass lighting stream at that, the bolt that hit Hela was the size of Asgard's palace and he can spam them.

This is a spite thread tbh.

No, but he did damage it, and fought him evenly. Compared to the Motherbox, the Aether is infinitely more powerful so mentioning that as a feat for Zeus is irrelevant.

abhilegend
Steppenwolf was driven back by Zeus' lightning and an axe to the shoulder. Thor is a god of thunder with far better feats and a way more powerful weapon....He was beaten by Thor's most basic combo attack. A tiny ass lighting stream at that, the bolt that hit Hela was the size of Asgard's palace and he can spam them.

laughing out loud

Are you seriously suggesting that the size of the lightning suggests what's powerful?

Just because it was lightning doesn't mean Thor can do it.

When Thor can beat villains in his own movie, maybe you should start suggesting he can beat a team villain.

He only shattered the crystals. How's Aether more powerful than mother boxes?

quanchi112
Anhu suggesting the god of thunder can't do so kinda shows you're incredibly biased. Abhi at this point with your silly debating you show without s doubt you aren't objective. Cry with your other dceu fans that this film can't even beat Thor 3's opening weekend. Superman isn't an A lister anymore.

Josh_Alexander
laughing out loud

Are you seriously suggesting that the size of the lightning suggests what's powerful?

When Thor can beat villains in his own movie, maybe you should start suggesting he can beat a team villain.

Why should the motherboxes be more powerful than the Aether? laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Why should the motherboxes be more powerful than the Aether? laughing out loud Abhi is a hopeless DC fanatic who is upset the world has rejected his heroes. Marvel is trashing the dceu and public perception is pitiful for the dceu. He has a hard time dealing with this.

abhilegend
Why should the motherboxes be more powerful than the Aether? laughing out loud
I asked the question first kid.

Josh_Alexander
I asked the question first kid.

Lol its an infinity stone! The answer should be obvious kid.

Nice to hear from you again Abhi. Your abscence didnt go unnoticed.

celeyhyga17
Abhi is a hopeless DC fanatic who is upset the world has rejected his heroes. Marvel is trashing the dceu and public perception is pitiful for the dceu. He has a hard time dealing with this.
That's harsh.

The movie wasn't bad.

Silent Master
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
That's harsh.

The movie wasn't bad.

How would you rate it in comparison to the first Avengers movie?

Josh_Alexander

JL: 9/10
Avangers 9.8/10.

To be fair.

Estacado
JL wasnt a bad movie at all it was certainly better then Age Of Ultron...

Josh_Alexander

To that i would agree.

FrothByte

Nope. I don't think JL did anything better than AoU. The villain was not better. The action was not better. The banter was not better. Pacing and plot wasn't better.

KingD19
Superman and the Justice League who sometimes help isn't better than any Avengers movie. Firstly they just gathered the entire League in a few minutes. Aside from Superman who got 2, only Wonder Woman even got her own movie. So they shoehorned Batman into 2 storylines, Cyborg, Aquaman, and Flash all to do an "Avengers" type movie without the buildup.

And then the League were basically a stalling tactic until Superman returned, again. What's the point in having a massive team when all of them are basically worthless until the poster boy shows up? They could've just waited for Clark to come back and kept their costumes shiny for the photo-op.

Josh_Alexander
Although it's unexpected.

Justice League did better than Avangers 2.

Avangers 2 was a "failure" for marvel.

Not that the movie itself it's a failure/bad but that IT WAS WAY BELOW WHAT WAS EXPECTED.

Age of Ultron was bad in comparsion to it's first movie!

In contrast Justice League was an unexpected success for DC.

The movie is MAGNIFICENT in comparison to the other Failures of DCEU!

So having said that, Age of Ultron is terrible whilst JL is great in their own Universes.

Now yes, JL had it's bad sides but overall it was a great movie considering DCEU's standards!

I would definetly put JL above Age of Ultron.

Not good enough to go against the big MCU's success that's for sure.

Silent Master
Did better than Avengers 2 in what way?

KingD19
What kind of idiocy is that? I'm sorry man but that's just dumb.

Even if AoU was lower than what Marvel usually prides itself on, it was still one of the biggest sellers of the year and biggest movies of it's kind, period. It had a great plot, great action, great characters with fleshed out histories and motivations, etc...

Justice League literally slapped a bunch of people on a movie and rushed it to the end so Superman could come back. And just how AoU was lower than Marvel wanted, but still amazing. JL was better than DC wanted, but is still not great.

FrothByte
Although it's unexpected.

Justice League did better than Avangers 2.

Avangers 2 was a "failure" for marvel.

Not that the movie itself it's a failure/bad but that IT WAS WAY BELOW WHAT WAS EXPECTED.

Age of Ultron was bad in comparsion to it's first movie!

In contrast Justice League was an unexpected success for DC.

The movie is MAGNIFICENT in comparison to the other Failures of DCEU!

So having said that, Age of Ultron is terrible whilst JL is great in their own Universes.

Now yes, JL had it's bad sides but overall it was a great movie considering DCEU's standards!

I would definetly put JL above Age of Ultron.

Not good enough to go against the big MCU's success that's for sure.

Err... that's not how you measure a movie's success. Basically what you're saying is that JL is better than BvS but Avengers 2 is worse than Avengers 1.

That does not automatically mean that JL is better than Avengers 2.

I mean, AoU has better scores than JL for pretty much any metric out there, from Rottentomatoes to Metacritic to opening BO numbers.

Silent Master
Err... that's not how you measure a movie's success. Basically what you're saying is that JL is better than BvS but Avengers 2 is worse than Avengers 1.

Or another way.

Just because JL(punched in the face) is better than BvS(beat to death) and Avengers 2(Dodge Viper) is worse than Avengers 1(1,000,000 dollars) doesn't mean that being punched in the face is better than a Dodge Viper.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

For Thor it definitely does based on Ragnarok and we saw what power minor strikes of his can do.

No, Thor will do far better because he has actual feats that are far superior.

He shattered the Aether, a random unquantifiable feat that resulted in a large explosion due to the separation. Sound familiar? Like Zeus and the Motherboxes except far more powerful. The Aether is Universal in power, infinitely superior to the Motherboxes.

quanchi112
JL wasnt a bad movie at all it was certainly better then Age Of Ultron... **** no it wasn't better than Age of Ultron. It was better than Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad.

celeyhyga17
Better than BvS

Watched it twice. Prolly give somewhere just below a 7.

A1 is miles ahead. Top 5 for me in mcu.

AoU was not as good as A1, but it was certainly better than JL. Easily..

quanchi112
That's harsh.

The movie wasn't bad. I didn't say it was bad but making under 100 million with the enormous budget and buildup shows it was clearly rejected. If you notice even the most fanatical DC fans don't say this film was great. No one says it was great because it wasn't.

celeyhyga17
To that I agree. All things considered, the fact that it got trashed by a large majority of reviews and it probably will not surpass a billion worldwide(or at least have trouble reaching), it is a huge dissapointment considering it's DCEU's version of Avengers.

Josh_Alexander
Did better than Avengers 2 in what way?

I already said why.

Originally posted by KingD19
What kind of idiocy is that? I'm sorry man but that's just dumb.

Even if AoU was lower than what Marvel usually prides itself on, it was still one of the biggest sellers of the year and biggest movies of it's kind, period. It had a great plot, great action, great characters with fleshed out histories and motivations, etc...

Justice League literally slapped a bunch of people on a movie and rushed it to the end so Superman could come back. And just how AoU was lower than Marvel wanted, but still amazing. JL was better than DC wanted, but is still not great.

Dumb!? Bahahahaha. Lol if YOU SAY SO!!!

Big seller because everyone wanted to see the MASS SUCCESS Avangers 1 sequel! Doesn't mean the movie was a good one! Just because a movie makes a lot of money doesn' t make it a good movie dude!

It was a sloppy movie! It was a mediocre thing not worthy of being an Avangers sequel. It wasn't a proper movie! IT'S AVANGERS! It was supposed to be better than other MCU movies! It wasn't!

Whether you like it or not Justice League was a great movie compared to it's predecessors!

That's why it's better than AoU! AoU was a bad movie!

Justice League besides being founded on TERREBLE MOVIES (BvS, MoS, etc) manage to give a good film! That's why i put it on top of AoU which is quite the opposite!!!

quanchi112
Opinions vary but the obvious rejection here is Justice League. It didn't make 100 million and has glaring flaws. The best I hear is good at times but bad at times. It's mediocre while Avengers 2 to me wasn't as great as Avengers 1 but still well above mediocrity which is the dceu save WW.

Josh_Alexander

I mean, AoU has better scores than JL for pretty much any metric out there, from Rottentomatoes to Metacritic to opening BO numbers.

I agree.

If we compare directly AoU with JL according to the Critics.

I agree Marvel AoU is a better film overall, and the critics do to

But if we compare the two movies BASED on the audiences and the overall MCU/DCEU universe, JL is above.

Even the Rotten Tomatoes Audiences agree"

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_2017/

Audience score: 85

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_age_of_ultron

Audience score: 83

IMDb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/?ref_=nv_sr_1 (7.4 rating based on audience)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/?ref_=nv_sr_1 (7.5 rating based on audience)

As you can see, the audiences liked JL better.

I'll tell you why:

Because JL is a jewel compared to the other shitty DCEU movies whilst AOU is horrific compared to the MCU predecesssors.

It's clear!

If you watch a good movie, and then you go and watch it's sequel you are expecting for the movie to be better or atleast as good as the previous one!

So your expectations are high! So in that aspect, if the movie fails to be as good or better than the previous one it DISAPPOINTS.

On the other hand, if the previous movies are shitty, and then you go and watch something different, your expectations were exceeded.

It's basic psychology!

I would rather go an see JL again than go and see AoU! Even after me being a Marvel Fan!

Josh_Alexander
Opinions vary but the obvious rejection here is Justice League. It didn't make 100 million and has glaring flaws. The best I hear is good at times but bad at times. It's mediocre while Avengers 2 to me wasn't as great as Avengers 1 but still well above mediocrity which is the dceu save WW.

Nahh JL was a good movie man.

Look at Man of Steel or BVS! Those were horrendous films!

Let's admit DCEU finally got something right!

Josh_Alexander
JL satisfied more than AoU!

Maybe that's how we should put it.

Not that it's a better film over all, but it satisfied the Audiences more than AoU.

AoU was a disappointment, whilst no one expected JL to be that good.

From the trailers and previous movies I was like....This movie is gonna be a waste of time and money!

But lets admit, we did laugh when Flash felt over WW!

DC finally got a decent movie.

Josh_Alexander
To that I agree. All things considered, the fact that it got trashed by a large majority of reviews and it probably will not surpass a billion worldwide(or at least have trouble reaching), it is a huge dissapointment considering it's DCEU's version of Avengers.

I disagree.

It wasn't a "good counterpart of Avangers"

But it was quite better than we anticipated. It was a decent movie.

quanchi112
Nahh JL was a good movie man.

Look at Man of Steel or BVS! Those were horrendous films!

Let's admit DCEU finally got something right! Iyo and it was ok at best. It wasn't great. It was better than Batman v. Superman, Man of Steel, and Suicide Squad. WW was done right as well. That's the best dceu film though this had better action than WW.

FrothByte
I agree.

If we compare directly AoU with JL according to the Critics.

I agree Marvel AoU is a better film overall, and the critics do to

But if we compare the two movies BASED on the audiences and the overall MCU/DCEU universe, JL is above.

Even the Rotten Tomatoes Audiences agree"

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_2017/

Audience score: 85

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_age_of_ultron

Audience score: 83

IMDb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/?ref_=nv_sr_1 (7.4 rating based on audience)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/?ref_=nv_sr_1 (7.5 rating based on audience)

As you can see, the audiences liked JL better.

I'll tell you why:

Because JL is a jewel compared to the other shitty DCEU movies whilst AOU is horrific compared to the MCU predecesssors.

It's clear!

If you watch a good movie, and then you go and watch it's sequel you are expecting for the movie to be better or atleast as good as the previous one!

So your expectations are high! So in that aspect, if the movie fails to be as good or better than the previous one it DISAPPOINTS.

On the other hand, if the previous movies are shitty, and then you go and watch something different, your expectations were exceeded.

It's basic psychology!

I would rather go an see JL again than go and see AoU! Even after me being a Marvel Fan!

JL has been out for all of 4 days. Do you really think those audience scores are accurate?

Josh_Alexander
JL has been out for all of 4 days. Do you really think those audience scores are accurate?

They may change. But until now JL is making a better film for the audiences.

Silent Master
If the general audience likes it so much, why is it opening at below 100 million?

quanchi112
The world has rejected the Justice league. Less than a 100 million is embarrassing considering the buildup and the budget. Cringe worthy.

Josh_Alexander
If the general audience likes it so much, why is it opening at below 100 million?

Perhaps because it's predecessors were so terrible people thought it was a waste of time.

I wasn't planning to go an see it, but then my friends told me how good was it, so i said, "well lets go and see if DCEU finally did something good".

To my surprise it was better than expected. That you have to admit.

Josh_Alexander
The world has rejected the Justice league. Less than a 100 million is embarrassing considering the buildup and the budget. Cringe worthy.

Lets wait and see.

News are spreading of it being a good movie.

It's too soon to call it an economic failure.

Silent Master
But if it's so good then word of mouth should have resulted in an increase in ticket sells. are you saying it's second weekend will be higher than AOU's?

Josh_Alexander
But if it's so good then word of mouth should have resulted in an increase in ticket sells. are you saying it's second weekend will be higher than AOU's?

Justice league was released 4 days ago..Not even a week.

Maybe.

AoU was expected to be a great movie, obviously had more fans eager to go an check it out.

quanchi112
Lets wait and see.

News are spreading of it being a good movie.

It's too soon to call it an economic failure. They are saying the same thing I am. Mediocre to decent at times and decent action sequences but nothing resembling greatness. It hasn't failed yet but the opening weekend was beyond their wildest nightmares.

Silent Master
This is the internet age, word can get around the word in minutes. so, we'll just see how well it does next weekend.

Josh_Alexander
They are saying the same thing I am. Mediocre to decent at times and decent action sequences but nothing resembling greatness. It hasn't failed yet but the opening weekend was beyond their wildest nightmares.

agree.

Yet a good movie compared to it's predecessors.

And still better to AoU which is bad compared to it's predecessors.

Josh_Alexander
This is the internet age, word can get around the word in minutes. so, we'll just see how well it does next weekend.

thumb up

quanchi112
agree.

Yet a good movie compared to it's predecessors.

And still better to AoU which is bad compared to it's predecessors. Age of Ultron wasn't one of their best films but still better than Justice League. Avengers 1 was great.

Josh_Alexander
Age of Ultron wasn't one of their best films but still better than Justice League. Avengers 1 was great.

Yeah Overall I agree.

I just hope Infinity War doesn't disappoints the way AoU did.

I hope MCU doesn't make Thanos a joke like theyve done with many other villains...

quanchi112
Yeah Overall I agree.

I just hope Infinity War doesn't disappoints the way AoU did.

I hope MCU doesn't make Thanos a joke like theyve done with many other villains... Different directors. Whedon can't be trusted with a serious villain. Ultron worked but if he tried that quirky nonsense on Thanos I'd assault him. Russos are the men I trust with Lord Thanos.

Josh_Alexander
Different directors. Whedon can't be trusted with a serious villain. Ultron worked but if he tried that quirky nonsense on Thanos I'd assault him. Russos are the men I trust with Lord Thanos.

I hope so.

They even claim Thanos would be the "Darth Vader" of this decade.

Hela wasn't that good neither. She was....Good but they didn't focus her that much. They could have made a better villain of her.

quanchi112
I loved what they did with Hela. Thanos is the grandest villain and it's all built up to this film. Tread carefully he's going to make the heavens run red with blood.

Josh_Alexander
I loved what they did with Hela. Thanos is the grandest villain and it's all built up to this film. Tread carefully he's going to make the heavens run red with blood.

Hela was great, but she didn't had enough time on screen to make her a magnificent one.

Lucky remains #1 villain till now.

quanchi112
Hela was great, but she didn't had enough time on screen to make her a magnificent one.

Lucky remains #1 villain till now. Iyo not mine.

Josh_Alexander
Iyo not mine.

To me she isn't. Maybe if she would have gotten more time on screen....

SquallX
Different directors. Whedon can't be trusted with a serious villain. Ultron worked but if he tried that quirky nonsense on Thanos I'd assault him. Russos are the men I trust with Lord Thanos.

Saying Whedon can't be trusted with a serous villain proves you're bias. I bet you only know Whedon from Avengers, nothing else. Go back and watch is Buffy/Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly written and directed by him. Then come back and say that crap.

Tell me, where we're you to bash Whedon when he was directing Avengers and AOU? I bet you were in a corner jacking off about how good of a director Whedon was.

The only reason you're saying this crap, is because Whedon is no longer part of the MCU.

Whedon overall is 10x better a director and writer than the Russo brothers.

Want to prove me wrong? Name me one thing they've written and directed that can come close to most of the episode Whedon direct in both Buffy/Angel.

quanchi112
Saying Whedon can't be trusted with a serous villain proves you're bias. I bet you only know Whedon from Avengers, nothing else. Go back and watch is Buffy/Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly written and directed by him. Then come back and say that crap.

Tell me, where we're you to bash Whedon when he was directing Avengers and AOU? I bet you were in a corner jacking off about how good of a director Whedon was.

The only reason you're saying this crap, is because Whedon is no longer part of the MCU.

Whedon overall is 10x better a director and writer than the Russo brothers.

Want to prove me wrong? Name me one thing they've written and directed that can come close to most of the episode Whedon direct in both Buffy/Angel. I didn't give one rats ass about Buffy and we are talking comic book films. I said after AOU I was happy he wasn't handling Thanos. Russos are much better suited for a darker film than Whedon was. Avengers 1 was great but I expect something darker for when Thanos comes to town and film wise I don't have the same trust in him to get the job done as I would with the Russos.

Look you're upset the Justice League was a disaster I get that. That can't be thrown onto Whedon here as he was brought in to save the film. I said this years ago by the way.

I disagree 100 percent on your take on him over the Russos. Winter Soldier and Civil War were both great films. The action seen in Civil War is the stuff of legends. **** Buffy and Angel, loser.

laughing out loud

Give me the Russos. I'm getting them and we will see how it turns out.

abhilegend
For Thor it definitely does based on Ragnarok and we saw what power minor strikes of his can do.

Beat random fodder? Slightly shake up Hulk? Have no effect on Hela?

Like?

Except it was said that the mother boxes had a huge blowback in case of separation and it needed both Supermen and Cyborg to do it. There was no such scene regarding Aether.

Aether was no universal power, it's power was amped through the convergence of the nine realms.

quanchi112
The infinity stones are universal in their scope. You're about to find it from Thanos. This isn't some ridiculous and pedestrian mother box.

relentless1
Steppenwolf was getting knocked around by Aquaman in the final battle, he shouldn't be much of a problem for Thor

h1a8
Originally posted by relentless1
Steppenwolf was getting knocked around by Aquaman in the final battle, he shouldn't be much of a problem for Thor Anyone of superstrength can knock anyone around. Think of physics.
Do you know Aquamans strength level? Did Aquaman damage or hurt Wolf?

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Anyone of superstrength can knock anyone around. Think of physics.
Do you know Aquamans strength level? Did Aquaman damage or hurt Wolf? Did Superman damage Wolf ? Nah.

h1a8

No, Thor will do far better because he has actual feats that are far superior.

He shattered the Aether, a random unquantifiable feat that resulted in a large explosion due to the separation. Sound familiar? Like Zeus and the Motherboxes except far more powerful. The Aether is Universal in power, infinitely superior to the Motherboxes.

No its not. Malekich hit Thor a specific distance, threw him a specific distance, etc. His power can be Guaged to far lower than a mountain weight.

quanchi112
No its not. Malekich hit Thor a specific distance, threw him a specific distance, etc. His power can be Guaged to far lower than a mountain weight. Speculation. No one takes you seriously, virgin.

Silent Master
No its not. Malekich hit Thor a specific distance, threw him a specific distance, etc. His power can be Guaged to far lower than a mountain weight.

Same with Superman right, as he never sent anyone flying a great distance with a hit.

relentless1
Did Superman damage Wolf ? Nah.

actually yes he did, you can clearly see Wolf holding his shoulder in the fight and being visibly hurt in his facial expressions only after Superman came into the fight

Rage.Of.Olympus
Beat random fodder? Slightly shake up Hulk? Have no effect on Hela?

Like?

Except it was said that the mother boxes had a huge blowback in case of separation and it needed both Supermen and Cyborg to do it. There was no such scene regarding Aether.

Aether was no universal power, it's power was amped through the convergence of the nine realms.

There was a blowback from the Aether but it doesn't matter. You referenced damaging/affecting random plot device as a feat.

The convergence allowed the Aether to affect all realms at once but its power wasn't amped, it would of destroyed all of reality. Watch the move again idiot, we see it's destructive abilities originating from earth in Jane's vision:
https://youtu.be/ikYkYM7YEHU

Thor was fighting someone who internalized that much power equally. He stomps Steppenwolf.

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
actually yes he did, you can clearly see Wolf holding his shoulder in the fight and being visibly hurt in his facial expressions only after Superman came into the fight He continued to fight on and was hit by the entire league for most of the fighting. He wasn't injured and didn't show any injuries. Parademons did more damage. Honestly, Superman is all smoke and no fire.

h1a8
Same with Superman right, as he never sent anyone flying a great distance with a hit. He sent Zod nearly a mile away from a punch.

quanchi112
He sent Zod nearly a mile away from a punch. Not the Justice league and you also said its just a few hundred pounds.

Silent Master
He sent Zod nearly a mile away from a punch.

Post it.

FrothByte
Bottom line: Thor has more attack options and packs a bigger destructive force than anyone Steppenwolf matched up to in the movie. The only one who can even compare to Thor's raw destructive output is Superman and that didn't end well for Steppenwolf.

abhilegend
There was a blowback from the Aether but it doesn't matter. You referenced damaging/affecting random plot device as a feat.

Yeah, it nearly made mighty Jane Foster fall down.

Erik Selvig straight up said that.

No, he doesn't.

abhilegend
Bottom line: Thor has more attack options and packs a bigger destructive force than anyone Steppenwolf matched up to in the movie. The only one who can even compare to Thor's raw destructive output is Superman and that didn't end well for Steppenwolf.
Superman exceeds Thor in raw power though.

quanchi112
Superman exceeds Thor in raw power though. No, he doesn't. What did his hv go against the League ? How powerful was it ?

FrothByte
Superman exceeds Thor in raw power though.

I disagree, but we can discuss that in a separate thread. Do you at least agree that none of the other JL members have as much destructive output as Thor?

h1a8
Post it. In MOS, where he was punching Zod past skyscrapers.

Silent Master
In MOS, where he was punching Zod past skyscrapers.

In other words, when they were both flying and Superman punched him in the same direction he was already flying. Which explains the distance.

Try again and this time do your best to be honest.

The Sorrow
Thor wrecks. With Mjolnir he stomps, without he blasts Steppenwolf to dust.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, it nearly made mighty Jane Foster fall down.

Erik Selvig straight up said that.

No, he doesn't.

Where? What scene?

Yes he does. Conceptually, Thor has feats greater than every other league member put together and it's not even close.

The Aether is the most powerful infinity stone, capable of reverting the entire Universe into the pre-Big Bang state. And the writers didn't forget how powerful he was: Thor even says, that with all that power, he thought he would hit harder. In terms of large feats, Ragnarok is Thor's weakest showing out of his trilogy.

quanchi112
Thor decimates the Justice leagues big baddie. Poor dceu fans.

abhilegend
I disagree, but we can discuss that in a separate thread. Do you at least agree that none of the other JL members have as much destructive output as Thor?
Diana does with her sword.

abhilegend
Where? What scene?

Just before they go to London. Jump to 1:46:13 where Selvig says that the connection to nine realms will amplify the impact of the weapon and it will increase exponentially.

https://youtu.be/8rLmxB9e5zA

laughing out loud

It was only able to do so because it would be amped by nine realms. Otherwise Malekith would've done it as soon as he got Aether.

emporerpants
Imo Supes > Thor >Steppenwolf > WW

This is based on feats and direct fights. Supes stomped everyone and showed legit super speed. Steppenwolf was clearly above Diana, but not in a complete and total stomp. Lets not lowball anyone here guys. Thor is quite impressive, and is the Avenger's heaviest hitter imo, followed VERY closely by Hulk.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by emporerpants

This is based on feats and direct fights. Supes stomped everyone and showed legit super speed. Steppenwolf was clearly above Diana, but not in a complete and total stomp. Lets not lowball anyone here guys. Thor is quite impressive, and is the Avenger's heaviest hitter imo, followed VERY closely by Hulk. Pretty much!

Josh_Alexander

This is based on feats and direct fights. Supes stomped everyone and showed legit super speed. Steppenwolf was clearly above Diana, but not in a complete and total stomp. Lets not lowball anyone here guys. Thor is quite impressive, and is the Avenger's heaviest hitter imo, followed VERY closely by Hulk.

Strengthwise i agree.

However Thors power output is far above Superman.

Superman's lightning arent likely to harm Thor. On the other hand Superman hasnt been depicted to be immune to lightning.

emporerpants
Excuse me? Superman's lightning? Did you mean heat vision? Why wouldn't his heat vision hurt Thor? It's unlikely to beat him, but I'm sure it can hurt him. Same with Freeze breath. What gives Superman the win vs Thor is the combination of heat vision, freeze breath, Superior strength, and VASTLY SUPERIOR speed.

FrothByte

So you think WW can kill 2-3 leviathans with a single hit of her sword?

quanchi112

This is based on feats and direct fights. Supes stomped everyone and showed legit super speed. Steppenwolf was clearly above Diana, but not in a complete and total stomp. Lets not lowball anyone here guys. Thor is quite impressive, and is the Avenger's heaviest hitter imo, followed VERY closely by Hulk. The league wasn't there to fight him and WW hit him multiple times. Batman when all out beat him. Superman didn't really harm anywhere from Cyborg, to WW, to Steppenwolf, to DD.

Silent Master

Abhi is a known anti-Marvel troll.

quanchi112
Diana does with her sword. laughing out loud

Ridiculous. Thor is far more powerful than WW's pitiful sword.

h1a8
In other words, when they were both flying and Superman punched him in the same direction he was already flying. Which explains the distance.

Try again and this time do your best to be honest.
True, they both were flying in that direction, and I misspoke when I argued "past skyscrapers". I should have argued "distance away from Superman".

Right before the punch, Superman was closing the distance on Zod. This is equivalent to Superman bullrushing a stationary opponent (due to relative velocities). Superman hit Zod far away from him
while maintaining the same forward flying speed as before the punch. So it's proper to measure the distance Zod was hit away from Superman and not distance he was hit with respect to the Earth.

Note: After Zod was very far from Superman, Superman increased his speed even faster to hit Zod again. Otherwise he wouldn't have closed the distance again so quickly. This means, if Superman maintained the same speed forward (and not sped up) then Zod would have traveled an even further distance away from Superman (which In total, should be nearly a mile).

Silent Master
True, they both were flying in that direction, and I misspoke when I argued "past skyscrapers". I should have argued "distance away from Superman".

Right before the punch, Superman was closing the distance on Zod. This is equivalent to Superman bullrushing a stationary opponent (due to relative velocities). Superman hit Zod far away from him
while maintaining the same forward flying speed as before the punch. So it's proper to measure the distance Zod was hit away from Superman and not distance he was hit with respect to the Earth.

Note: After Zod was very far from Superman, Superman increased his speed even faster to hit Zod again. Otherwise he wouldn't have closed the distance again so quickly. This means, if Superman maintained the same speed forward (and not sped up) then Zod would have traveled an even further distance away from Superman (which In total, should be nearly a mile).

I thought you were a teacher? you don't get to count the entire distance traveled when hitting someone in the direction they were already flying and even if we counted the full distance. it wasn't even close to a mile.

So, try again.

h1a8
I thought you were a teacher? you don't get to count the entire distance traveled when hitting someone in the direction they were already flying and even if we counted the full distance. it wasn't even close to a mile.

So, try again.
Why are you trolling?
Superman equivalently hit Zod nearly a mile away from him, assuming Superman would have maintained the same speed as before the punch and didn't speed up and close the distance again. Also if Superman wouldn't have struck Zod the second time, then Zod would have traveled WELL OVER A MILE with respect to the Earth.

Reread the post.

Silent Master
Try posting a valid punching feat, instead of one where the fact they were flying can easily explain the distance.

BruceSkywalker
oh good, h1 is here,, tine to get out the popcorn and start laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus

LOL. How did I miss this?

That's legit top 5 dumbest things you've ever said.

h1a8
Try posting a valid punching feat, instead of one where the fact they were flying can easily explain the distance. Zod flying has no bearing on the distance he was hit away from Superman as I explained. If you don't understand it then that's your problem. You can't use the "since I don't understand then it's invalid" fallacy here and think it's going to fly.

Silent Master
Zod flying has no bearing on the distance he was hit away from Superman as I explained. If you don't understand it then that's your problem. You can't use the "since I don't understand then it's invalid" fallacy here and think it's going to fly.

I guess it's true. those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

abhilegend
Thor did it with electrocuting the leviathans. I don't think his lightning would do anything to Doomsday while Diana cut off his arm. Different applications of power. Originally posted by Silent Master
Abhi is a known anti-Marvel troll.
You're just a troll in general Snake-eyes. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
LOL. How did I miss this?

That's legit top 5 dumbest things you've ever said.
Uh-huh. Tell that to Doomsday.

But tell us again how Aether is universal level power.

quanchi112
The infinity stones are universal in power. The fact you're unaware of this general known fact shows you aren't a debater to be taken seriously.

So Abhi really believes WW's sword is more powerful than Superman since he couldn't do what she did to Doomsday.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.