Thor vs. Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



byrdgang21
Who wins?

h1a8
Magneto IMO

Josh_Alexander
Thor

quanchi112
Thor. This isn't close. Fox's universe is far weaker than Disney's.

FrothByte
Magneto is powerful but too slow on the draw. Thor would fry him with lightning before Magneto could drop a bridge on him.

Darth Thor

Psychotron
Thor.

ShadowFyre
Thor is to durable for mags to hurt. Even a bridge dropped on him wouldn't do a whole lot

steverules_2
Would Magneto's powers have any effect on Thor's hammer? I'm guessing not but I'm asking anyway

Darth Thor

steverules_2
Thread title doesn't state no hammer or which version we got, at the moment his hammer may very well be in play but like I said I'm just asking

juggerman
Thor

Darth Thor

abhilegend

Utrigita
Originally posted by juggerman
Thor

TheLordofMurder
Magneto unleashed (AoA) wins...

Magneto has world shaking power...

Thor has NEVER shown power on that level...ever...even Ragnarok Thor hasnt shown that kind of power.

Magneto literally turns all the metal on the world upon Thor (with his shields up) and annihilates Thor...

h1a8
The reason why Magneto would win is because he can control Mjolnir from the start (over Thor's will). This is because he has feats of exerted forces of hundreds of thousands of tons. Thor isn't that strong and his hammer has been hit away at far lesser forces.

In short, Mags beats the hell out of the Thor with Mjolnir traveling at bullet speeds or higher.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Why wouldn't it matter? Even Loki has been able to stab Thor and Hela skewered him and frankly Magneto can apply enough pressure from simple metals to fracture diamond.

Thor can certainly win but to think he is just going to win or no sell Erik's attacks are silly. Magneto can casually lift entire stadiums. That's a better lifting feat than Thor or even Hulk can hope to match. Leviathan feat, boy. Thor eins, easily. Don't fool yourself, loser.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Magneto unleashed (AoA) wins...

Magneto has world shaking power...

Thor has NEVER shown power on that level...ever...even Ragnarok Thor hasnt shown that kind of power.

Magneto literally turns all the metal on the world upon Thor (with his shields up) and annihilates Thor...

thumb up

quanchi112
Nah, the dude got beaten easily in Dofp. He's nowhere near this formidable and couldn't even save his family from outdated cops.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
The reason why Magneto would win is because he can control Mjolnir from the start (over Thor's will). This is because he has feats of exerted forces of hundreds of thousands of tons. Thor isn't that strong and his hammer has been hit away at far lesser forces.

In short, Mags beats the hell out of the Thor with Mjolnir traveling at bullet speeds or higher.

Hitting something away is completely different than Magneto moving something with his powers. It's like you've never seen any of these movies.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah, the dude got beaten easily in Dofp. He's nowhere near this formidable and couldn't even save his family from outdated cops.

The Future Sentinels would beat Thor, Magneto, and anyone else they faced in direct combat...

So mentioning the Sentinels is irrelevant here...

Those cops chose an area that was free of metal so, they effectively had prep specifically against his powers...

And you ignore the FACT that the power Thor has shown on screen is nothing compared to what we've seen from Magneto...

playa1258
Thor attacks are quicker and Mags won't be able to react in time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The Future Sentinels would beat Thor, Magneto, and anyone else they faced in direct combat...

So mentioning the Sentinels is irrelevant here...

Those cops chose an area that was free of metal so, they effectively had prep specifically against his powers...

And you ignore the FACT that the power Thor has shown on screen is nothing compared to what we've seen from Magneto... Thor would wreck these laughable machines. Avengers wrap this up in a day.

So you admit the area matters aka he's dependent on this to even stand a chance. Gotcha.

Thor is far stronger, more skilled, and more powerful than Magneto as well as an experience edge.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor would wreck these laughable machines.

The same way he did here?

laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor would wreck these laughable machines. Avengers wrap this up in a day.

So you admit the area matters aka he's dependent on this to even stand a chance. Gotcha.

Thor is far stronger, more skilled, and more powerful than Magneto as well as an experience edge.

Magneto wasn't at his full power when he faced those men...

He's at full power in this thread and as long as he's on a planetary surface, all the metal on the planet is at his command...

Thor's experience wont get him past Mags Force Field and Magneto can literally hurl a significant percentage of the planet at Thor until he drops...

Magneto wins...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The same way he did here?

laughing out loud Responding to a post twice shows you are very emotional.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Magneto wasn't at his full power when he faced those men...

He's at full power in this thread and as long as he's on a planetary surface, all the metal on the planet is at his command...

Thor's experience wont get him past Mags Force Field and Magneto can literally hurl a significant percentage of the planet at Thor until he drops...

Magneto wins... Stop with the excuses. He shouldn't need to be at his best to deal with outdated cops. A depowered Thor wrecked shield agents you inbreed.

Thor hits him first. He isn't powerful enough to withstand Thor power. Better warrior, quicker reactions, etc. magneto is a joke compared to the true MCU.

h1a8

h1a8

Silent Master
Prove that Magneto is worthy enough to wield Mjolnir.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Silent Master
Prove that Magneto is worthy enough to wield Mjolnir. He isn't, but his power would lift it anyway as he won't be able to pick it up in his hand. He may not be able to wield it though, but I have seen nothing to believe his output at the end of Apoc would not affect it. I personally think it would and I think he might be able to disintegrate it, after all, it is metal.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
He isn't, but his power would lift it anyway as he won't be able to pick it up in his hand. He may not be able to wield it though, but I have seen nothing to believe his output at the end of Apoc would not affect it. I personally think it would and I think he might be able to disintegrate it, after all, it is metal.

That's not the way movie Mjolnir works, it doesn't require that the person physically touch it in order to activate the enchantment. This was made clear all the way back in Thor's first movie.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Prove that Magneto is worthy enough to wield Mjolnir.
Irrelevant. He can control it with his powers. Worthiness has nothing to do with it.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
That's not the way movie Mjolnir works, it doesn't require that the person physically touch it in order to activate the enchantment. This was made clear all the way back in Thor's first movie.
Mjolnir has been hit away, stopped, broken, etc. It just takes sufficient force.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Irrelevant. He can control it with his powers. Worthiness has nothing to do with it.

Prove it.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Prove it.

I did.

1. Magneto has exerted over 100,000 tons of force with his powers.
2. Mjolnir was halted against its will with Kurse and Hela with far less than that.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
I did.

1. Magneto has exerted over 100,000 tons of force with his powers.
2. Mjolnir was halted against its will with Kurse and Hela with far less than that.

There is a difference between knocking something away and controlling/moving it via your power.

I thought you were supposed to be a teacher, why do you need things that are obvious explained to you?

Silent Master
Not to mention that even if Magneto is powerful enough to overcome the enchantment. Magneto has zero feats of moving heavy objects very fast or multi-tasking while moving heavy objects.

So trying to control Mjolnir during a fight would be a very bad idea.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
There is a difference between knocking something away and controlling/moving it via your power.

I thought you were supposed to be a teacher, why do you need things that are obvious explained to you? There is absolutely no difference. Knocking it away implies controlling it for a moment. Think about it.

Could Mjolnir be hit away by a random person if it was lying on the ground? Why? Because of the enchantment right? Well Kurse hit it away and Hela stopped and held it (you didn't mention her). That means it can be done with sufficient force.

Mags uses his force powers to send Mjolnir flying in whatever direction he wants, just like knocking it away (but in the direction of his choosing).

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Not to mention that even if Magneto is powerful enough to overcome the enchantment. Magneto has zero feats of moving heavy objects very fast or multi-tasking while moving heavy objects.

So trying to control Mjolnir during a fight would be a very bad idea.

Ability to accelerate heavy objects = ability to accelerate much lighter objects much faster. This is due to fact that a net force causes acceleration. And also Fnet=ma

Silent Master
The fact that you don't think there's a difference between hitting something and actually carrying it proves my point about you.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
The fact that you don't think there's a difference between hitting something and actually carrying it proves my point about you.

The fact that you don't know that they are the same (since the enchantment works horizontally as well as vertically) then shows about your intelligence. Moving Mjolnir in any direction defies the enchantment. The speed in which you try to move it is irrelevant. Hitting something away requires a momentarily push.

Silent Master
Lol!!!

Silent Master
Come to think of it. If you want to claim Kurse is thousands of times stronger than the Hulk. I'm fine with it.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Stop with the excuses. He shouldn't need to be at his best to deal with outdated cops. A depowered Thor wrecked shield agents you inbreed.

Thor hits him first. He isn't powerful enough to withstand Thor power. Better warrior, quicker reactions, etc. magneto is a joke compared to the true MCU.

But Magneto is at his best in this thread so any other version of him is irrelevant...

Starting distance in a forum fight is 100 yards; Thor does not hit him 1st as a result...

Magneto shields himself, and basically turns the world on Thor in an endless shower of metal until Thor drops...


Magneto wins...

The only real question is how long does it take Mags to put Thor down...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
But Magneto is at his best in this thread so any other version of him is irrelevant...

Starting distance in a forum fight is 100 yards; Thor does not hit him 1st as a result...

Magneto shields himself, and basically turns the world on Thor in an endless shower of metal until Thor drops...


Magneto wins...

The only real question is how long does it take Mags to put Thor down... We do not ignore his entire history because you're biased and upset he loses. He is far quicker and blasts him with lightning.

He needs to really dug deep into the earth and prepare for this he can't just do so in the middle of a fight on the fly. Watch the film again.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
We do not ignore his entire history because you're biased and upset he loses. He is far quicker and blasts him with lightning.

He needs to really dug deep into the earth and prepare for this he can't just do so in the middle of a fight on the fly. Watch the film again.

Once his shields are up and his created distance via flying, he'll have all the time he needs to shower Thor with a significant percentage of the planet...

Magneto wins...

Magneto is just far, far, more powerful than Thor based on feats...

smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Once his shields are up and his created distance via flying, he'll have all the time he needs to shower Thor with a significant percentage of the planet...

Magneto wins...

Magneto is just far, far, more powerful than Thor based on feats...

smile Thor is too quick and blasts him out wins one shot. Nah, Thor is far stronger, more durable, and combat formidable to lose to a guy who cent protect his family against 1980's cops.

laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor is too quick and blasts him out wins one shot. Nah, Thor is far stronger, more durable, and combat formidable to lose to a guy who cent protect his family against 1980's cops.

laughing out loud

Thor got taken out by having a needle jabbed into his @ss! laughing out loud

Magneto wins...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thor got taken out by having a needle jabbed into his @ss! laughing out loud

Magneto wins... Magneto still failed to protect his family. Thor sends him to meet the losers.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Magneto still failed to protect his family. Thor sends him to meet the losers.

Thor is the loser; all that's needed to beat him is a needle filled with a sedative...

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thor is the loser; all that's needed to beat him is a needle filled with a sedative...

laughing out loud

Happy Dance Context. Magneto was tortured and is always picked on by humanity. He's a loser.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thor is the loser; all that's needed to beat him is a needle filled with a sedative...

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

We should call that sedative the Thor Buster!!

laughing out loud

Happy Dance


Magneto uses his mastery of Magnetism to summon up every sedative filled needle on planet Earth and jabs Thor in the @ss with them all simultaneously...

Magneto wins...

Easily...

smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
We should call that sedative the Thor Buster!!

laughing out loud

Happy Dance


Magneto uses his mastery of Magnetism to summon up every sedative filled needle on planet Earth and jabs Thor in the @ss with them all simultaneously...

Magneto wins...

Easily...

smile We should call Magneto the victim since human beings just torture his weak ass.


Nah, he gets ko'd by one blast of lightning. Thor then goes to his wife's grave and pisses on it.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
We should call Magneto the victim since human beings just torture his weak ass.


Nah, he gets ko'd by one blast of lightning. Thor then goes to his wife's grave and pisses on it.

Magneto is a bad mutha; he destroyed those who wronged him...

Magneto unleashed destroyed Auschitz completely...utterly...Magneto destroyed Shaw.

Magneto is a [email protected]


Thor, on the other hand, gets defeated by a 20 gauge needle in his rear end... smile

Magneto wins...

Happy Dance

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Magneto is a bad mutha; he destroyed those who wronged him...

Magneto unleashed destroyed Auschitz completely...utterly...Magneto destroyed Shaw.

Magneto is a [email protected]


Thor, on the other hand, gets defeated by a 20 gauge needle in his rear end... smile

Magneto wins...

Happy Dance Nah, Apoc had to. He was too busy crying and being emotional.

Magneto fights weaklings and is a victim. Thor is a badass who leads his people while Magneto always sides with his master, Xavier.

Thor wins, easily.

Poor Erik.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah, Apoc had to. He was too busy crying and being emotional.

Magneto fights weaklings and is a victim. Thor is a badass who leads his people while Magneto always sides with his master, Xavier.

Thor wins, easily.

Poor Erik.

Poor Thor...

Its sad that all that's needed to beat him is a sedative...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Poor Thor...

Its sad that all that's needed to beat him is a sedative... Erik lost his entire family to 80's comics and he wept like a *****. Thor ends him. Poor Erik.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Erik lost his entire family to 80's comics and he wept like a *****. Thor ends him. Poor Erik.

Thor was taken out by EMS personnel...

Magneto crushes Thor...easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thor was taken out by EMS personnel...

Magneto crushes Thor...easily. He lost his own family due to weakness. Apoc had to clean up his own mess with his work pals. Magneto has always been a crybaby whereas Thor loses his father, his eye and still gets shit done. Thor wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.