Movie feedback: You and others

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
I was at the bank today and I started a conversation about Justice League with the teller after she reviewed my account. She asked me how the movie was and I simply told her it was "ok, and not that great". The conversation immediately turned to me asking if she had seen Thor Ragnarok, and she lit up and said she loved the film.

What are some situations where you had been able to leave your feedback/opinion in real life to affect a potential movie ticket sale? Do you feel your opinion swayed the other person to not waste their cash? What are some movies you told other people to avoid?

Patient_Leech
I talk about movies with patients and co-workers at work quite frequently. Certain patients I have we'll talk about pretty much nothing but movies and TV shows. I think I've influenced decisions quite a bit.

Alien: Covenant comes to mind. I've ranted against it several times at work. lol

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Alien: Covenant comes to mind. I've ranted against it several times at work. lol

I would have never guessed laughing out loud

My wife, my dad, and quite a few of my best friends all get movie feedback from me, and they'll usually all give films that I suggest a shot.

I have a lot of downtime at work, so I talk with my coworkers far too much to be considered healthy about movies and TV.

I've suggested everything from Drive to A Separation to La La Land to Logan to one of my coworkers, who has also read all the novels in A Song of Ice and Fire. Thus, a group at work weekly discussed Game of Thrones Season 7 back in July and August of this year.

Two of the biggest disagreements with a longtime friend and coworker came after I saw The Revenant and Dunkirk, which he thought were both garbage and I thought were as close to 10/10 masterpieces as one could watch.

Fun times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.