Mara Jade Skywalker vs Darth Malgus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Who wins?

Ursumeles
Malgus lol

Trocity
Mara "Batmans."

godemperortrump
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Malgus lol

carthage
Malgus in a solid fight

TenebrousWay
Malgus

JKBart
A great video from a production quality standpoint, but in terms of substance and accuracy to the lore, I am sad to say this was one of your weakest works to date. Not only do I heavily disgaree with the verdict, but I feel like you undervalued both teams - even the one who chose as the victor - by a countrymile. I am not looking to attack or ridicule you, merely to offer constructive criticism and prompt you to do better research in the future, as well as correct the misinformation present in the video and go over the things where I feel you didn't give the combatants enough credit.

I will start with the Sith. For Bane, you completely neglected to mention several Force abilities at his disposal, unless I missed something. All the unique and esoteric powers Bane transcripted in his personal manifesto The Rule of Two like Cryokinesis, Blind and others weren't mentioned, and most importantly, his Death Field and Lightning Cocoon that he displayed in Dynasty of Evil were ignored. The former allowed Bane to create a sphere of dark side energy around him that had the effect of completely disintegrating oncoming attackers. While it is true the use of this ability exhausted Bane, that was only due to maintaining it for an extensive period of time and making its radius ten meters, which would he excessively and unnecessarily large for a lightsaber duel. If Bane pulled a much smaller Death Field and didn't maintain it for as long as he did against the cultists, he could circumvent the issue of exhaustion and completely catch his adversary off-guard with flesh-devouring dark side energy suddenly materializing out of nowhere.

The other power he used in Dynasty of Evil that you glossed over was his Lightning Cocoon. When deprived of his lightsaber and backed into a corner by his apprentice, Zannah, about to deliver the killing blow, he erected a full body Force Barrier around himself that when touched by Zannah's lightsaber, completely neutralized it and exploded with a blast of energy, sending him and his attacker flying backwards. He was able to do this in the middle of a lightsaber strike, meaning he could in theory utilize this at any moment during a duel, even when he and his opponent are wildly swinging at each other with lightsaber flurries, as the text did not make note of any hand gestures on Bane's part, indicating he could muster such a defence with just the power of his mind. One could of course go even further with this and extrapolate that if Bane could manifest such a complicated Force technique in a split second just by thinking about it, he should logically be able to utilize much simpler powers such as Telekinesis in the same manner too, similar to what Darth Vader was doing in his duel with Luke Skywalker on Bespin. I personally do not see anything wrong with this line of thinking; it is perfectly logical and makes sense, especially considering how the text in Dynasty of Evil notes how Bane is far more willing to use the Force in combat than he was in his earlier books, and also given his standing as one of the most knowledgeable and masterful Sith Lords who ever lived.

However, I am not done with Bane yet. You not only downplayed his versatility and the amount of powers he has at his disposal, but the magnitude of these powers. The video states incorrect information regarding the power of Bane's Force Lightning: it did not cumulate with his ability to reduce people to charred husks; at the beginning of Rule of Two we see him turn three men to piles of ash with a burst of Lightning, and likewise in Dynasty of Evil he could outright atomize solid stone with a Lightning bolt. His most overt Telekinetic feat was also forgotten about: the annihilation of the Rakatan Temple of the Ancients. Yes, he was amplified by the dark side nexus of the planet, but Bane went on to grow far more powerful than he was even under the influence of the nexus during the events of Rule of Two and became even stronger still in Dynasty of Evil. My biggest gripe, though, with not just you, but the versus community as a whole on YouTube is the complete disacknowledgement of powerscaling. Powerscaling means the ascribing of the feats of lesser characters to greater ones on the basis of them being more powerful and thus logically capable of them. Bane has repeatedly been stated to be more powerful than any member of the Brotherhood of Darkness, outright ragdolling Sith Masters like Qordis, and even Lord Skere Kaan, when directly compared to Bane in Path of Destruction was concluded to be no match for him in the ways of the Force. Kaan is powerful enough to survive the Thought Bomb ritual as a spirit, touch the minds of thousands of his fellow Brotherhood members all over the galaxy at once, and forcibly rip the minds of dozens of the strongest Sith Lords of the time out of a ritual. So Bane even at the time of Path of Destruction should be capable of similar feats with his Telepathy, which is made all the more apparent when all of Kaan's attempts at influencing Bane telepathically fall flat against the latter's mental defences, and by the time of Dynasty of Evil leave them completely in the dust. Another example of powerscaling we have comes with the aforementioned Sith ritual that the strongest members of the Brotherhood participated in. The ritual combined and channeled all their Force power into a single vessel: Bane; and when unleashed through him, caused a dark side firestorm that scorched the surface of the entire planet and outright obliterated armies of both Sith and Jedi alike. Interestingly enough, in Rule of Two, when two orbalisks latch onto Bane, the text notes how he feels more powerful than he ever has, which would include the time he was performing the ritual with the other Sith Lords, as well as when he levelled the Temple of Lehon, which I referenced earlier. So you can only imagine how powerful he would be with hundreds of them covering his entire body, and then surpassing even that in his peak as of Dynasty of Evil. The power available to him at his fingertips is tremendous, and you didn't convey that at all in the video.

Next up is Darth Zannah. Her Sorcery and Spells were far too simplified and lowballed. They are essentially the amalgamation of Mind Shard, Memory Walk, Force Fear and Force Illusions, but taken to a far more extreme level. In addition to simply causing great amounts of psychic pain - in itself a very effective irritant - they also send the victim on a trip down the memory lane of their life's worst experiences. The harmful effect of these is amplified by the artificially induced fear of the incantation, which if pressed, would turn to horror, and eventually insanity. They also dig forth the millions of fears in the subconscious the target has never encountered before that all sentient beings have and transform them into illusory monsters that attack the target. Any one of these would be difficult to deal with individually; add them all together and the challenge skyrockets exponentially. The effect is also permanent and will propagate over time on its own without any active involvement from Zannah. The longer the victim struggles to get through the spell, the harder the task will become. In a nutshell, the only real remedy in the face of the full package is willpower - Bane himself, who had studied the spells as far as his understanding allowed him to, arrived at that exact same conclusion. So it comes off as belittling to Zannah when you and other versus series makers discredit the possibility of them having any use against Kenobi simply because he doesn't have inner demons (he does, although I think he could nonetheless resist Zannah, but I'll get into that later). You need more than having made peace with your negative memories to overcome Zannah. This is made very apparent when Bane, despite fully expecting the attack and having confronted and overcome the hellfires of his past, was still reduced to a howling madman shrieking in terror upon being struck with the power, and having intense hardship pushing through it. You make it sound like anyone with a serene mind can just effortlessly brush Zannah's wizardries aside, when that isn't the case at all.

Then there also the Sith Lady's magnitude, which, as with Bane's, was underrated massively. At the time of their final duel on Ambria, she was Bane's equal, and the latter noted how her Force wall was too strong for him to tear through. It should be only fair, then, to assign all of Bane's feats of strength to Zannah too, as that is only logical given their parity in power (this is another example of powerscaling, and it works just fine). Not to mention she has plenty of feats of her own, too, which promote an individual of extraordinary aptitude for the Force. When she was just an eleven-year-old girl, Zannah showcased the ability to disintegrate limbs with nothing but her glare, tear through the Force barriers of fully trained Jedi and one-shot them, and most impressively, shield herself from the firestorm that was the physical manifestation of the combined power of the 26 most powerful dark side adepts of the time, devastating the surface of Ruusan and annihilating armies of Jedi and Sith in its passing. Yet eleven-year-old Zannah was unfazed.

JKBart
Darth Zannah's other abilities were discounted as well, presumably on the account of her not displaying any of them in her fights. But they are nonetheless part of her arsenal and available at any given moment. Neglecting them completely comes off as dismissive and paints one as an advocate of the notorious and - I feel - redundant feats-only mentality, which essentially disregards any form of powerscaling and often throws common sense out of the window as well. But enough about rants about powerscaling; I've already made my opinion on that clear. The crux of my point is that Bane per his own admittance taught Zannah every Force power he knew, and as such she'd have a firm understanding of all the powers recorded in The Rule of Two as well as the Lightning Cocoon and Death Field I described in detail earlier. This presents her with a myriad of options in combat, far more than simply Telekinesis or Sorcery. Coupled with her equal power to Bane, greater understanding of the deeper mysteries of the dark side, and her being an overall savant, I'd say that makes her infinitely more dangerous and lethal than anyone on YouTube has ever given her credit for. I hope this amaranthine lowballing of Zannah that is virtually omnipresent on this site can finally suffer the long-awaited death it so vehemently deserves.

I'll write part 2 addressing Skywalker and Kenobi soon, who, believe it or not, were downplayed even more severely than the Sith were. Exceedingly more so in fact.

Azronger
Dude wtf, that's my comment lol

JKBart
Yeah, it's a real post, it's a GREAT post, it's a beautiful post, believe me, it's the BEST post you have ever seen in the HISTORY of our beautiful forums.

Azronger
Your trolling is too transparent.

Ursumeles
10 years old its your police hes been computered by a sir and son driver

JKBart
its the alcohol sir police has been drivered by your son, the son was a hit and run

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.