DCEU: Where does it go from here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



quanchi112
Let the speculating begin.

jaden101
Not making movies by committee where idiot executives brainstorm ideas they want then hand it to writers who don't give a shit might help.

So might not "doing a Prometheus/Alien Covenant" and doing reshoots based on focus groups.

Get somebody in with a singular vision and a basic story arc. Get writers who actually care about the characters.

But most of all, stop letting executives interfere with the actual substance of the movies.

Marvel have suffered the same in certain movies. Age of Ultron being the prime example. Too much input by producers turned what should have been the best of the Marvel movies at that point into mediocrity.

jaden101
At this point if it weren't for WW the entire thing would be totally unsalvagable and need a complete reboot.

-Pr-
It's already undergoing massive changes. Changes I expect to see continued in Shazam and Aquaman, assuming they get made.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
It's already undergoing massive changes. Changes I expect to see continued in Shazam and Aquaman, assuming they get made.

Well Aquaman's already on the way, They've wrapped filming

unless they decide to go back for reshoots.

playa1258
Concentrate on making solo films of good quality.

Far less studio interference from WB.

Do those and things will start falling in place.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well Aquaman's already on the way, They've wrapped filming

unless they decide to go back for reshoots.

Forgot that.

Hopefully it's not a trainwreck.

BruceSkywalker
tell each writer to actually the comics before writing the script.. hire an editor that can edit properly... fix the tone issues.


fire zack...


do batman right

-Pr-
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
tell each writer to actually the comics before writing the script.. hire an editor that can edit properly... fix the tone issues.


fire zack...


do batman right

Zack's been gone for months now.

Khazra Reborn
I don't even know, tbh.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
Forgot that.

Hopefully it's not a trainwreck.

Got more faith in James Wan doing it i do, More then Snyder & co.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Got more faith in James Wan doing it i do, More then Snyder & co.

I guess it depends on how much actual freedom he had with the movie, and how much oversight WB has.

And how much they butcher the lore, but that's not going to impact sales too much.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I don't even know, tbh.

thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
Zack's been gone for months now.

that's not the zack i meant lmao


also have the balls and do solo films so the geberal audience can decide uf they love or hate the characters.

Raisen
Originally posted by jaden101
At this point if it weren't for WW the entire thing would be totally unsalvagable and need a complete reboot.

wonder woman is legit for sure. a lot of the rest is just cheesy

BruceSkywalker
http://thumbs2.imagebam.com/e5/92/7f/c1d6f3663853123.jpg

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
Zack's been gone for months now.


Yeah but was he actually fired it is he just taking a time out due to his family tragedy?

relentless1
commit to whatever the plan is; hopefully injustice gang!! Just get rid of Snyder and replace Kevin whats-his-face as the head of WB because he's meddled in BvS, Suicide Squad and now Justice League for the worse.

As much as I enjoyed all three they benefit greatly from just going by the directors vision, had that happened wed have gotten the Directors Cut of BvS which was far superior, wed have gotten the original plan for Joker and the original abusive relationship between he and Harley and wed have gotten the proper length Justice league also

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah but was he actually fired it is he just taking a time out due to his family tragedy?

Given the hatchet they took to Justice League, I can't imagine them bringing him back in the same capacity he was in before.

Impediment

Bentley
If they reboot it, better make it a Crisis of the Infinite Earths adaptation and go out with a bang.

Darth Thor
Yeah they'll probably do a soft reboot via Flashpoint. Keep Superman and Wonder Woman but change everyone else. (Although the Flash changing in his own film would be kinda weird).

quanchi112
I personally think a reboot is a terrible idea. All they have to do is make one good film at a time. Do not worry about interconnecting it until they turn the tide. Just put a post credit scene with another character and copy the marvel formula. It's canon now that Marvel is another level so just roll with it.

Darth Thor

relentless1
Originally posted by quanchi112
I personally think a reboot is a terrible idea. All they have to do is make one good film at a time. Do not worry about interconnecting it until they turn the tide. Just put a post credit scene with another character and copy the marvel formula. It's canon now that Marvel is another level so just roll with it.

agree 100%; make Aquaman the best it can be then Wonder Woman, Flash etc until theres a natural want from the audience for a big team up again

Slowpoke
Some soft retcons to get rid of the BVS shit is enough, they are on the right track now.

playa1258
Making good movies would go a long way. WB itself needs to meddle less and quit worrying to catch up with Disney. Just concentrate on your own things.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Slowpoke
Some soft retcons to get rid of the BVS shit is enough, they are on the right track now. You don't need any retcons. The majority of the audience won't care or even remember and judge each film based off its own merits.

BruceSkywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.