Hayden as Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malfoy's chick
big grin Hey,

Who thinks Hayden did a fantastic job at portraying Anakin? I did. I mean he did a perfect job at showing Anakin's anger and he acted like Anakin was himself. It was perfect. Do you know that Hayden got worst actor for Star Wars. mad They are sooo wrong. He was perfect. Natalie Portman did a good job as well! What do you think? Happy Dance

yerssot
honestly? not good

perhaps he didn't notice, but the monotone voice of father was because of his electrical equipment!

justinday15
Im just glad he got the part instead of Leonardo Dicaprio.

yerssot
he was never considered for the role

hayden's minx
Tom Hanks son was though :s

Raz
I'm afraid his acting did not impress me much.

Everyone else was great though.

LilMimister006
I thought Hayden's acting was good for the role of Anakin in my opinion stick out tongue

justinday15
Yeah he was! I saw a poster of episode II and he was on it and i read an article about it. I can't remember what site it was, but i'll look it up.

cookies2006
yeah jays right i saw it too.

justinday15
I found it. It was on www.theforce.net, and i'll paste the article.

"Seems like every young Hollywood actor has auditioned for the role of Anakin Skywalker in the next Star Wars film, but Leonardo DiCaprio will not be joining the dark side of the Force. "He met with George Lucas, but he is definitely unavailable," DiCaprio spokesman Ken Sunshine told USA Today on Monday. DiCaprio is preparing to make "Gangs of New York" this summer."

cookies2006
Right on!

yerssot
spokesman vs GL hmmm

Ushgarak
He was never on any official poster- only fakes. Yerss is right, he was never considered for the role, whether he met with GL or not. If he had shown any interest at all GL may have considered him, othgert than that he meets with a lot of actors.

Hayden is a very good actor but, except when playing EVIL Anakin, he just did not convince me as the brash young Jedi.

Omegaman
Some that did try out for Anakin are: Ryan Phillpe(sp), Paul Walker, and Colin Hanks.

Julie
there's alway someone better...or who we think would be better,,,,I believe MR. Christensen did quite well as the Dark Lord to be

Hypernova
I agree with Julie thumb up

Lyn
I agree with Malfoy's Chick, Julie and Hypernova--Hayden was perfect!!

Hypernova
Now Lyn, why doesn't that surprise me? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Lyn
laughing
You know me too well Hypernova...

mephistodesigns
The whole time watching him all I could think was this is the Anakin I had always pictured. I'd done drawings of what I always thought he should look like and Hayden is perfect. But its not just the look, I think the way he carries himself and the way he always looks contemplative. I think he would appear much better if friggin' Natalie Portman could remember how to act. I read an interview with her in Rolling Stone right b4 II came out and she's totally not even gonna stay in show biz. She wants to be a psychologist or something. She'd never seen a Star Wars movie. EVER! That alone should disqualify one from being in the prequels. But I think Hayden shows the conflicted side of Anakin perfectly. Jeez, the scene in the Lars place, the room where Luke cleans the droids is ANH, that scene makes my arm hairs stand on end. The crazed look in his eyes when he says "and not just the men, but the women, and the children. They're animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM!" I was like, 'that's Vader'. Its not so much him in the love or action scenes that make him good. Its the look when he's not doing anything. Thats when he looks like hes deep in thought, like he's contemplating his own inner turmoil. Anakin has a need as a character to always appear perfect due to his insecurities from years of slavery, he's making up for being in a weakened state growing up. That's why his acting appears stiff if you don't understand the character. Anakin should be stiff. He's trying to appear rigid and alert, strong and imobile, like he's cold as ice and no one can get to him. If no one can get to him, no one can hurt him. I really like the look on his face just as his mother has died and he looks up from her body with pure hellfire in his eyes. Same with the look when he brings her body back to the farm. That's the kind of stuff I expect to see in III. I think he'll focus more on that attitude to show how Anakin's inner rage has only grown as a result of the war and his defeat at Dooku's hand. He doesn't take defeat well. Anakin is a complex character to play and I don't think its easy to come into a movie with established characters, not only in the OT but in EpI as well, have limited acting direction from Lucas (I've heard he tends to focus more on how you should wield your lightsaber than how to say a line), and take into account all of his personality traits. I think he did a very good job, especially when these factors are examined.

Dejio
I think Hayden was the worst actor you could get to play Anakin. I was totally against Leonardo playing the part before, but after seeing Haydens appalling acting scenes, I'd wish Leonardo got the part instead (or any other actor who could deliver a line in a non-monotone voice, for that matter). The scenes at Lars place gave me shivers up my spine alright....makes me wanna throw up!

But lets not all blame it on Hayden. After all there's just so much an actor could do with the abysmal script writing of George Lucas.
I've said it before and I'll say it again; the old man has lost it.

mephistodesigns
I'm not sure he ever had it concerning dialogue. Harrison Ford has been quoted as once telling GL "You can write this s#$%, but you can't say it".

Lyn
mephisto--your first post was AMAZING!! That is exactly what I thought of Hayden's portrayal. That scene after his mother was very very haunting, he did the anger thing SOO very well!!! He was perfect!!

mephistodesigns
thank you! big grin

Lyn
Your welcome!! happy

vvvrulz
Yeah i agree with you fully. Hayden played the role quite pathetically really, but the actors around him, save Obi-Wan played by McGregor, were all quite useless themselves. Lucas's script gets more wooden each time. He has lost it for sure.

Darth Hater
hayden was great

Lyn
Right on Darth Hater!! thumb up

mephistodesigns
look, Darth Hater, Lyn, and me have more than proved our point. Hayden's perfect. deal with it! wink stick out tongue laughing out loud

Lyn
laughing
EXACTLY!! thumb up

Dejio
...Whatever....

mephistodesigns
laughing out loud Happy Dance bunny yes

Lyn
laughing

Darth Hater
hayden should have gotten an ocsar!!!!

jk
laughing out loud

but he was great! thumb up

Lyn
He was...thumb up

vvvrulz
An oscar? I admit he wasnt too shabby, but he wasnt as fantastic as you guys reckon. Thats my opinion anyway.

Darth Hater
i was just joking vvvrulz

Darth Hater
laughing out loud

Dejio
An Oscar?!? Are you blind or something? Or where you just drooling at every scene Hayden was in and wasn't paying any particular attention to his character delivery?!?
The Oscars isn't that low.

Lyn
He was JOKING...of course it wasn't worthy of an oscar...but it was very good happy
I was wondering, what awards has SW recieved?? Like from the Oscars or whatever...??

Capt_Fantastic
Hayden is hot....

I think he could have done a wonderful job if George Lucas hadn't been the director

vvvrulz
Lets all blame Lucas shall we big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.