Superman vs Odinson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
h2h, late 80's/early 90's Byrne CIS on (So no speed blitz)

Philosophía
Originally posted by cdtm
CIS on (So no speed blitz) CIS on doesn't mean no speedblitz. The forum always has CIS on, but the 'full capacity' rule makes sure that characters aren't hindered by the plot, so as to forget the most simple task possible - to dodge and attack according to their ability.

I'll just consider speed equalized, for the sake of the thread. So everything up to DoS?

Superman beats him unconscious.

Damborgson
Hand to hand, no powers at all?

cdtm
Originally posted by Damborgson
Hand to hand, no powers at all?

Except for their strength/durability, no.

Stoic
Superman KO's him eventually.

xJLxKing
Superman

quanchi112
Odinson wins.

JBL
Odinson. Far more skilled and just as strong.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Steve Zodiac
Superman, but it isn't easy for him.

carver9
Giving this to Thor. Later Superman can take it.

abhilegend
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

RealityWarper
Odinson. Magic will fry Superman.

Flyattractor
When did that "SUPERMAN IS MEGA VULNERABLE TO MAGIC"
Bullshit start again?

abhilegend
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Odinson. Magic will fry Superman. Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Flyattractor
When did that "SUPERMAN IS MEGA VULNERABLE TO MAGIC"
Bullshit start again? Now, I need to chill, I'm actually agreeing with Fly...

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Now, I need to chill, I'm actually agreeing with Fly...

Yeah. A Good CHILLAXIN would do Robbie some good.

Damborgson
Byrne era, by no means equals weak Superman. But Thor is by no means weak either, and with equalized speed, and some hand to hand advantages that I would assume Thor has, plus his good chin and warrior spirit, it's hardly unfathomable to believe this would be a split.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah. A Good CHILLAXIN would do Robbie some good.
And I laughed at that... Fly are you off your meds?

Steve Zodiac
Byrne era, by no means equals weak Superman. But Thor is by no means weak either, and with equalized speed, and some hand to hand advantages that I would assume Thor has, plus his good chin and warrior spirit, it's hardly unfathomable to believe this would be a split. I think a split is too high but he might get a few.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
And I laughed at that... Fly are you off your meds?

Yes, but I started taking yours instead...

cdtm
Byrne era, by no means equals weak Superman. But Thor is by no means weak either, and with equalized speed, and some hand to hand advantages that I would assume Thor has, plus his good chin and warrior spirit, it's hardly unfathomable to believe this would be a split.

I'm currently reading back through that era, and it's surprising how much he struggles with D listers and mundane situations.

I mean, losing to the f'n Fearsome Five? Struggling with electricity, unable to one shot K.O. Mammoth (Who in turn was trolled by Gizmo who turned a dumbell into 97 tons, and couldn't even lift that much.)

Best feat as of the 80's, was surviving a 40 megaton nuke (From a Joker built Superman robot. I guess the pre crisis insanity writing died hard..) And he was so worn out, he fell flat on his face when he tried flying off.

Adventures of Superman was the worst offender. Supes couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag, and got worn out from simply trying to bring a plane in.

Philosophía
Originally posted by cdtm
I'm currently reading back through that era, and it's surprising how much he struggles with D listers and mundane situations.

I mean, losing to the f'n Fearsome Five? Struggling with electricity, unable to one shot K.O. Mammoth (Who in turn was trolled by Gizmo who turned a dumbell into 97 tons, and couldn't even lift that much.)

Best feat as of the 80's, was surviving a 40 megaton nuke (From a Joker built Superman robot. I guess the pre crisis insanity writing died hard..) And he was so worn out, he fell flat on his face when he tried flying off.

Adventures of Superman was the worst offender. Supes couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag, and got worn out from simply trying to bring a plane in.

You should see some of the early Thor stuff, especially Journey into Mystery.

For all the complaining we do about low-showings, the further we go into the past, the more they were the norm for most characters.

Byrne was pretty adamant at the beginning to show some limits, but they soon evaporated by the late 80s/early 90s.

Rage.Of.Olympus

abhilegend
Huh, so Thor wasn't able to lift a tractor at half strength? He wasn't koed by a mortar?

All of that is propaganda?

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Huh, so Thor wasn't able to lift a tractor at half strength? He wasn't koed by a mortar?

All of that is propaganda? laughing out loud

Odinson wins. Deal with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.