Superman VERSUS Alpha Flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
What is the WEAKEST version of Superman that could defeat Alpha Flight?

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Alpha-Flight-h1.jpg

ANY iteration of Alpha Flight applies.

riv6672
Sun dipped might have a chance against the pictured roster.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by riv6672
Sun dipped might have a chance against the pictured roster.

YOU DON'T HAVE LONG FOR THIS FORUM HERETIC!!!

MrMind
I'd say regular superman can solo by himself

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by MrMind
I'd say regular superman can solo by himself

What version?

carver9
Sasquash wins via speed blitz.

leonidas
they need to hope regular superman doesn't know much about shaman because he'd die inside the first second then the others would follow quickly. snowbird could cause some problems maybe depending on his mindset. the rest of complete fodder.

DarkSaint85
For the first time ever, Alpha Flight's status as nobodies saves them, as general knowledge means Superman's never heard of them before.

leonidas
lol

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
the rest of complete fodder.

Munginaq is a casual universe buster.

zopzop
Unless Snowbird does this :
https://s7.postimg.org/s1u1x6xpn/snowbird5.jpg
Superman wins.

krisblaze
Better hope he blitzes Shaman before the old indian pulls out a little pocket sand and finishes it.

Digi
Yeah, I'll add to the consensus by saying that Shaman definitely could, but would likely be vulnerable to a blitz. What's Tanaraq's upper limit? If he goes god-mode, would he have any chance?

He'd also have some trouble tagging Northstar, imo. But Northstar could only run/dodge.

More to the point, the Canadians seem to be decent folk 'round these parts, and this blatant attempt to drag them into the short bus herald wars is not to be condoned. Repent your transparent attempt to sow dissention on the boards, LoB.

fdog

krisblaze
We got to see some pretty high end feats.

But mostly I feel like the only Tanaraq we've seen lately was in Exiles and he was absurdly powerful.

Tanaraq showed up in Omega Flight I think and looked pretty beastly there too.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by krisblaze
We got to see some pretty high end feats.

But mostly I feel like the only Tanaraq we've seen lately was in Exiles and he was absurdly powerful.

Tanaraq showed up in Omega Flight I think and looked pretty beastly there too.
During Omega Flight, I thought Bill was messin him up pretty good. I think...

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, I'll add to the consensus by saying that Shaman definitely could, but would likely be vulnerable to a blitz. What's Tanaraq's upper limit? If he goes god-mode, would he have any chance?

He'd also have some trouble tagging Northstar, imo. But Northstar could only run/dodge.

More to the point, the Canadians seem to be decent folk 'round these parts, and this blatant attempt to drag them into the short bus herald wars is not to be condoned. Repent your transparent attempt to sow dissention on the boards, LoB.

fdog

I DO WHAT I PLEASE YOU HORSEFACED REPROBATE!!!

-K-M-

-K-M-
Stupid edit feature. *tanaraq and *foes

krisblaze
Not only does Alpha Flight only have one fan, that one fan can't even get their names right...

-K-M-
Full form Marrina was also a match for the avengers including Thor.

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/12846163.jpg

Don’t forget Galactus buster form Guardian too stick out tongue

CosmicComet
The only problem with Superman is that Schuster was Canadian. Siegel brings balance to the force.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -K-M-
Full form Marrina was also a match for the avengers including Thor.

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/12846163.jpg

Don’t forget Galactus buster form Guardian too stick out tongue
*Points to Michael Pointer*

vin

-K-M-
Originally posted by abhilegend
*Points to Michael Pointer*

vin

https://m.popkey.co/71acee/l3ol6.gif

Digi
Mungi used an emo Tobey pic. I'm on his side now.

awecreepjam

CosmicComet
Mungi just PM'd me and said he doesn't want a Garfielder on his side.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

thumb up

tkitna
https://m.popkey.co/71acee/l3ol6.gif

laughing

leonidas
laughing out loud

Digi
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Mungi just PM'd me and said he doesn't want a Garfielder on his side.

You don't get to choose. He just shows up and you're stuck with him.

thumb up

Estacado
What is an Alpha Flight?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Estacado
What is an Alpha Flight?

Beta "heroes" from some unknown country.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Estacado
What is an Alpha Flight?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/0466286ca36748dce582d06bf77e86ca/tenor.gif

cdtm
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Beta "heroes" from some unknown country.

I hear the country is nothing but wilderness. I'd imagine the people are like Tarzan, if it wasn't also very cold.

MrMind
Originally posted by cdtm
I hear the country is nothing but wilderness. I'd imagine the people are like Tarzan, if it wasn't also very cold.

They got Trailer Park Boys so best country in the world by my book

One Big Mob
So blank, can this lineup defeat Supes? And if not, would they need to invoke higher powers to do so (Tan, Snowbird, Shaman)? How "out of character" would they need to be to win in other words?

I think we all know who I'm talking about with blank

-K-M-
https://media.giphy.com/media/13mJhY65H5Dt6w/giphy.gif

beatboks
Not only does Alpha Flight only have one fan, that one fan can't even get their names right...

No Alpha Flight has three fans. KM, boschepg from CV and Myself.
I'm just not as vocal.

Alpha Flight wins as long as Supes acts in character. Shaman, Talisman and Snow Bird can all take him. Guardian at his best can slow him down/occupy him (better than Luthor can).

Insane Titan

-K-M-
@IT

https://media1.tenor.com/images/e89eea12d1e1ebcb1db2632009f25100/tenor.gif

tkitna
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
What is the WEAKEST version of Superman that could defeat Alpha Flight?

Cosmic Armor Superman

RealityWarper
Superman get Alphaflighted.

leonidas
Originally posted by beatboks
Guardian at his best can slow him down/occupy him (better than Luthor can).

wut....? guardian wouldn't last 1 second against a serious superman. luthor's armor (at least the more recent one, but even the classic) has let him battle superman 1 on 1 for prolonged periods of time. i'm down with an in-character superman losing here (though not after he's taken their measure in a best of 10) but guardian isn't slowing superman down....not unless he really doesn't care.

-K-M-
Are you referring to classic Guardian? As guardian at his best was built to be a Galactus buster and had better energy manipulation then Quasar

leonidas
well....yeah. i'd think THAT version wasn't exactly standard...

-K-M-

Insane Titan
@IT

https://media1.tenor.com/images/e89eea12d1e1ebcb1db2632009f25100/tenor.gif laughing out loud knew that would get you.

Vanguard
Better hope he blitzes Shaman before the old indian pulls out a little pocket sand and finishes it.

Right, Right, cuz of the magic.

Bentley

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Bentley
AF being featured unconsious in a Superman comic would be their most mainstream appearance. laughing out loud

beatboks
Are you referring to classic Guardian? As guardian at his best was built to be a Galactus buster and had better energy manipulation then Quasar

I was thinking a mix of the two with that being the high end

One Big Mob

-K-M-
Originally posted by One Big Mob
?

https://i.imgur.com/eqrM2Ti.jpg

Handbook writer admitted th error at alphaflight.net

Regardless It goes against prior continuity and if it was actually Tanaraq why was he making Walter (who was in control) see friends as foes through illusions? Walter was in control enough he actually started to burst in tears of the one illusion of his friends getting killed

1. http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/?action=view&current=OmegaFlight_5_0011.jpg

So yeah it was a Sasquatch possessed Walter, but not the real Tanaraq who was casting illusions on Walter. in the same story tanaraq was trapped in a cage in the realm of the beasts and was shown to be hundreds of feet tall

DarkSaint85
Lol alphaflight.net.

I have visions of Mungi being the sole owner AND reader, and it being styled like a Geocities page. Maybe Evanescence playing as you click on links.

-K-M-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol alphaflight.net.

I have visions of Mungi being the sole owner AND reader, and it being styled like a Geocities page. Maybe Evanescence playing as you click on links.

One can only dream.

It actually was pretty impressive site back in the day. as had a lot of marvel writers and artists posting there. Scott Kolins was great. Was similar to Bendis board jinxworld. There was even a thread where handbook writers were asking a bunch of questions and was the reason for a bunch of entry changes (questions about non AF related characters too). Now the board is a wasteland.

Bentley
We need a MCU Alpha Flight movie. Make it happen Disney.

Pillow Biter
It's nearly impossible to predict how Superman's magic weakness will be portrayed by any given writer at any given time.

I would say that if we rate the fight without the magic weakness, to establish a baseline, lots of all-out versions of Superman have a chance, with many being favored.

One Big Mob
Handbook writer admitted th error at alphaflight.net

Regardless It goes against prior continuity and if it was actually Tanaraq why was he making Walter (who was in control) see friends as foes through illusions? Walter was in control enough he actually started to burst in tears of the one illusion of his friends getting killed

1. http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/?action=view&current=OmegaFlight_5_0011.jpg

So yeah it was a Sasquatch possessed Walter, but not the real Tanaraq who was casting illusions on Walter. in the same story tanaraq was trapped in a cage in the realm of the beasts and was shown to be hundreds of feet tall Link?

Even if it did, why would this not be a retcon? Everything in the story, and the handbook says he got possessed. Merely seeing illusions doesn't provide the actual intentions. Especially when Tantan was sucked out of him and put in the pouch which when taken away took away the Wrecking Crew's power and had the demons in a tizzy. And as I know what you'll say, we just saw Tanaraq get killed by Guardian and it had zero effect on Sasquatch. So them trapping him in a pouch by absorbing him from Sassy doesn't seem to take away his powers, just as killing him wouldn't (even though it should, but doesn't).
We've seen Tanaraq dead once when Walter was also "dead". We still saw Snowbird able to take this form (and lose to Hulk) which still allowed the potential for Tantan to take over. Plus she also turned Wanda back into Walt which gave him original body back with no real explanation of how this worked, and what this meant for Tanaraq. There's really nothing written in stones with how this works. If somebody wants to write anything for Walter, that seems to be the new canon.

We have only really ever seen the full possession once before, and even then we never saw Walter's point of view in that instance. Is it possible he was shafted away in another dimension? Yes. Is it possible he was still kicking around inside somewhere? I think so, and the rest of the team knew this looked familar and thought he was still in there.

It's possible to make sense, but at worst it's a retcon of the thing that happened once 20 years ago. By all intentions it was possession. Maybe had they not sucked him out like a hooker blowjob from Sasquatch that immediately changed his facial features you could argue it was only illusions. It seemed pretty obvious it was intended to be possession, the illusions didn't seem to come into effect in that story with why it wouldn't be posession.

-K-M-

-K-M-
Wait when did snowbird lose to hulk? If it’s during when I think that was mortal snowbird (weakened) and nor did hulk beat snowbird or come close to it

One Big Mob

Putinbot1
Speedblitz for the win.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Byrne Superman

-K-M-

-K-M-

-K-M-
I'm surprised I didn't recall this...but they actually explained why Walter's hair was standing up and it wasn't due to being possessed by Tanaraq. It was because of being in the realm of the beasts and being in proximity of Tanaraq....

Wrecker: can you feel it?
Thunderball: Energy
Bulldozer: My hairs are standing up
Wrecker: Not energy. Power!

So it basically was a static electricity so to speak. When the "charge" was removed his hair went back down to normal. Walter's hair was actually already sticking up pre-Tanaraq possession as we see him lying on the ground

Concerning the BRB fight. After BRB sucker blitzed Walter, sasquatch was actually winning in a one on one fight and doing significant damage until BRB used his lightening to stop his attacks. That seemed to end it, but really if he was truly amped we have seen wrecker laugh off similar hits twice. However, it can be explained too. That attacked seemed to shake something loose as walter was grabbing his head like he was doing earlier and was becoming docile. He was listening to talisman and not instantly attacking like what he was doing earlier. She was telling him to fight through the illusions.... and it's working. We see through his eyes and talisman is normal, but then the next panel the illusions return and walter breaks apart mentally.

Actually now that I think of it, was Walter even 100% (or close to it?) during the fights? Walter was knocked out and unconscious from being tortured by the Wrecking Crew for days. He's lying on the ground motionless then it zooms in on his eyes and weird symbols appear on his pupils (which makes sense as he was seeing illusions revealed in the next issue) and then he jumps into action. However, he still was bleeding and had the cuts from the Crew. Also when he first appears after under Tanaraq's "control" we even see Walter struggling grabbing his head with red energy and when he saw Talisman he attacked...which again makes sense due to the illusions. Later when walter was going to kill Guardian, Talisman tells him to stop and once again zooms in on the eyes and we see a glimmer. When the crew got amped it was a lot different then walter's scene.

SquallX
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
For the first time ever, Alpha Flight's status as nobodies saves them, as general knowledge means Superman's never heard of them before.

Sick ass burn

One Big Mob

One Big Mob

-K-M-

DarkSaint85
Mungi, this is the only time someone will actually engage with you in an AF debate.

Don't throw it all away you ungrateful bint.

Bentley
I suspect Mungi doesn't even like AF, he just bought a Puck t-shirt once by accident and then decided to make it part of his KMC persona for the lols.

-K-M-

-K-M-
Originally posted by Bentley
I suspect Mungi doesn't even like AF, he just bought a Puck t-shirt once by accident and then decided to make it part of his KMC persona for the lols.

Actually started with the old wolverine vs alpha flight thread with wolverine8888/battlehammer (or something like that). Never read them as a kid or knew about them, but made me do some background reading and then saw some Uber feats and made the respect threads as they were always getting downplayed and the rest was history

DarkSaint85

-K-M-

DarkSaint85
Post scans, one can install an extension on chrome that bypasses photobuckets paywall.

-K-M-

DarkSaint85
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en

-K-M-

One Big Mob
Alright Mungi, I don't want to push you into a big debate if you don't want to. I have to be at that length to answer everything you said to my degree of satisfaction. Not intended to intimidate, you were just saying things that needed to be answered in depth. It's not as simple as just saying no to specific parts of your post.

Without getting back into the debate, I will say that the viewpoint thing was just showing what it really looked like, as opposed to Walter seeing both real and illusions. We saw the same viewpoint being used earlier without illusions. It was used to show the contrast, and it's especially hard to switch viewpoints in comics with shit like that since we see that same sort of panel all the time. Maybe Walter was, but I don't think that trope was the one to show it especially when he came away from that scene feeling threatened.

Without factors like time limit powerups and such, I think Sasquatch was intended to be the same level as his prior possession. I want you to think about that. You can disagree, and I'm sure you will, but just think about it, along with all their feats I don't think it unreasonable.

Also I took one look at the symbol in his eyes today and now it looks like bubbles forming. Which I took to mean to take something was bubbling to the surface. Power in my opinion, but whatever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.