ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker vs B-Team and Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who wins?

Fight takes place in Palpatine's Office.

godemperortrump
The duo.

Kurk
Depends on Anakin's mindset. Kenobi cannot solo the B-team. He can hold them off, but he's not taking them out anytime soon.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kurk
Depends on Anakin's mindset. Kenobi cannot solo the B-team. He can hold them off, but he's not taking them out anytime soon. Obi-Wan is good enough to hold off a Windu who can't use Vaapad to it's full potential while Anakin takes out the B-Team.

Let's just say Anakin is determined but calm.

Kurk
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Obi-Wan is good enough to hold off a Windu who can't use Vaapad to it's full potential while Anakin takes out the B-Team.

Let's just say Anakin is determined but calm. I agree that Kenobi can hold off Windu. Anakin winning against B-team depends on the masters sync energy. United they'll challenge Anakin, otherwise they fall one-by-one.

DarthAnt66
Anakin would tear apart the B-Team, regardless of synergy.

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Anakin would tear apart the B-Team, regardless of synergy. Stover's Anakin, yes.

DarthAnt66
"What's in that book is there because Mr. Lucas wanted it to be there. What's not in that book is not there because Mr. Lucas wanted it gone."

So, no. Plus, Stover's Anakin is consistent with the tier system, also created by Lucas.

Lord Stark
The B-Team. Kenobi and Anakin are not going to be choosing their opponents in a 2v4. Mace will take on Skywalker and the B-Team will slaughter Kenobi then back up Mace.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Lord Stark
The B-Team. Kenobi and Anakin are not going to be choosing their opponents in a 2v4. Mace will take on Skywalker and the B-Team will slaughter Kenobi then back up Mace. Anakin isn't going to let them past, and Mace isn't skilled enough to beat Kenobi quicker then Anakin will beat the B-Team.

TheNuisanceBird
The B-Team. Kenobi and Anakin are not going to be choosing their opponents in a 2v4. Mace will take on Skywalker and the B-Team will slaughter Kenobi then back up Mace.

Well honestly it's one of those irreversibly ****ed situations where the second Kenobi goes down they have to deal with Angry-Anakin which is made worse when a good portion of the B-Team will likely go down before that.

NewGuy01
The A-team. Duh.

Azronger
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The A-team. Duh.

MythLord
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The A-team. Duh.

godemperortrump
*B+ Team, Exar and Ulic are the A-Team.

Rockydonovang
Anakin would tear apart the B-Team, regardless of synergy.
Couldn't Mace take Anakin forcing Kenobi to deal with the B team?

Kurk
It's not going to be one-on-one. Naturally it will be 2 on 1. So Mace + B-member against Kenobi/Anakin with the other two members taking the other.

Who goes against who is up to environmental circumstances, but I'd gander that either Kenobi or Anakin can defeat two B-team members in under 3 minutes with Anakin doing it in under 1.

Stylistically, Kenobi is best suited for Mace's Vaapad + B-team member. We've never really seen Anakin go up against another djem so/vaapad user (remind me if he has) so we don't know how he would match his own brute force.

The duo wins for sure if the pairing is what I mentioned. Kenobi can hold off Mace + B-teamer for the minute it takes for Anakin to slaughter the other two.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Kurk
Stylistically, Kenobi is best suited for Mace's Vaapad + B-team member. We've never really seen Anakin go up against another djem so/vaapad user (remind me if he has) so we don't know how he would match his own brute force.
That's like saying we never saw The Son's lightning pitted against a Sith Lord's lightning so we don't know how he would match his own electricity.

Kurk
That's like saying we never saw The Son's lightning pitted against a Sith Lord's lightning so we don't know how he would match his own electricity. What a horrible analogy. Anakin has always pretty much fought against Ventress and Dooku who are both Makashi users. He has never faced anyone coming close to the ferocity of Mace's Vaapad. He will no longer have a stylistic advantage in a fight such as that. To what degree that stylistic advantage (or lack of) helped/will hurt him I do not know.

Rockydonovang
Mace's Vapaad should force a stalemate or at least something close to it.

The question becomes whether or not Kenobi had take on the remaining three.

As we saw with Sidious, even a slight distraction from the likes of Fisto, Tiin, or Kolar could hand Mace a victory. And unlike Sidious, Anakin won't have lightning to fight back with,

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Anakin isn't going to let them past, and Mace isn't skilled enough to beat Kenobi quicker then Anakin will beat the B-Team.

You think Anakin is going to be able to stop them while fending off Mace Windu? He's good but not that good. And he lacks the raw speed of a Yoda or Sidious to off them instantly.

Ursumeles
And he lacks the raw speed of a Yoda or Sidious

smile smile smile

Jmanghan
You think Anakin is going to be able to stop them while fending off Mace Windu? He's good but not that good. And he lacks the raw speed of a Yoda or Sidious to off them instantly. And you also assume that Kenobi will let Mace get past.

Mace is not and never has been powerful enough or good enough of a duelist to stomp Kenobi, in fact, I'd go as far to say that almost no one in the mythos can stomp him in a pure saber duel.

Kenobi is close to Mace as a duelist anyway, and will definitely press him enough that he won't be able to focus on Anakin.

McP
Agree with Kurk, it will be more like 2x 2v1 then 1v1 and 3v1. As I remember, in Republic comic, masters often splits up for 2 groups (two members for each).
Also, in SoD, Mace, Ayla, Obi-Wan and Tiplee also splitted in two gropus, two members each.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.