IM vs. Wonder Woman: Pure h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Ironman gets to pick his strongest suit except Hulkbuster. No weapons but he's allowed to use his thrusters.

Wonder Woman does not have any weapons though she does have her bracelets. No superspeed for WW and no energy attack from clanging her bracelets. She is allowed to fly or super jump.

As stated, this is pure h2h combat. Fight is in an open field. No bfr's. They don't know anything about each other, fight starts 50 feet from each other. Who wins?

TheGrat1
Wonder Woman's vast skill gap gives her the win.

h1a8
Spite thread. Come on FrothByte

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
Spite thread. Come on FrothByte

Diana is stronger and more skilled. But people forget that IM is tough enough to take tank shells without injury whereas Diana needs to take cover from bullets. Tony's AI also allowed him to outfight Cap. Then there's the fact that IM was able to go toe to toe with Thor. I don't think this match is as lopsided as you think.

KingD19
I wouldn't say toe to toe.

He surprised Thor with a kick. ALmost every other attack was repulsor based, and then even after the 400% boost, Thor broke his gauntlet and drug him up a mountian.

TheVaultDweller
Iron Man was actually the one who dragged Thor along the mountain. And his repulsors and other weapons on that gauntlet were still working fine, considering a repulsor blast from that same gauntlet is how he break's Thor's grip, and we see him ready his wrist rockets on both arms when Cap drops in. Thor would clearly have won in the end, but Tony's suit wasn't going down easily.

Inhuman
As is the case with Thor in most his scuffles with the Avengers members..... he wasn't going all out.
We see in the end of the IM fight that when Thor got tiered of messing around he crushed Ironmans suit with little effort.

KingD19
I don't think Tony could take too many of Diana's full power grapples and hits. If she's going as hard as she did against the clock tower and Ares, Doomsday and Superman he quickly gets beaten down. Because at this point I don't see Tony even hurting her h2h.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Inhuman
As is the case with Thor in most his scuffles with the Avengers members..... he wasn't going all out.
We see in the end of the IM fight that when Thor got tiered of messing around he crushed Ironmans suit with little effort.

Yeah, and everyone agrees that Thor would have won. But given how he was fighting at the time (i.e. not giving it full power), the fight was dragging out. But anyways, since I noticed it, the bit of that fight that sticks out the most to me is when Cap bounces his shield off Thor's forehead to get his attention. laughing

I mean I always knew Cap bounced the shield off both of them to get their attention at the end, but I never really paid any attention to where the shield actually hit Thor until relatively recently.

Inhuman
thumb up

KingD19
Like the comics, Diana is invulnerable, just not to pointy/sharp things like bullets and blades. I don't know why she's like that, but that's her thing.

However, Tony has no pointy sharp things, and he doesn't hit as hard as Superman piledriving Diana's skull through the concrete, or her fight with Ares. She can eat his hits all day. And destroy him in a few.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Like the comics, Diana is invulnerable, just not to pointy/sharp things like bullets and blades. I don't know why she's like that, but that's her thing.

However, Tony has no pointy sharp things, and he doesn't hit as hard as Superman piledriving Diana's skull through the concrete, or her fight with Ares. She can eat his hits all day. And destroy him in a few.

Question is: How hard does Diana actually hit? All of her biggest hits were done with assistance from her weapons. Like her shield bash on the bell tower. What has her strongest hit been in pure h2h and is that going to be enough to damage IM's strongest armors which have been able to withstand tank shells and a hit from Mjolnir?

Inhuman
Just watched it again the last hit with heat vision was inconclusive but she did have her sword up where the beam was coming in, that's why she probably survived it.

2FcPuyyarzw

Robtard
WW tears him apart. She took Superman's flying headbutt without visible injury, despite it sending her literally into the street.

Darth Thor

Inhuman
Bullets penetrate concrete too or do damage to it.

Anyways in Wonder Woman she got grazed by a bullet didn't she, and she was bleeding

Zack M
Wonder Woman.

h1a8

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
Nothing. But are you telling me that means she can take a tank shell to the face without issues?

See, no one is questioning that Diana is durable. What I am questioning is whether she's more durable than IM.

Tank shell shot up to high altitude you mean.
Gravitational potential energy gained = kinetic energy lost = mgh > 23000 J

1. Superman >>>>> tank shell (at point blank range)
2. Tony chest armor >>>> face armor (which was easily damaged many times)
3. IM physically from first movie >>>>> all other movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.