SW Insider - Rey & Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
I came across from Insider 177, and thought I'd share...

https://i.imgur.com/cFRSnwt.jpg

*I, for one, was still holding out hope that the trailers depicting Luke as a broken shade of his former self in TLJ were just the product of creative editing... But unfortunately, it would seem the trailers have actually painted a spot-on portrait of his characterization(he's evidently befriending animals, ffs.) Real shame. ermm

Now all I can do is cross my fingers that he snaps back to reality at *some* point, and gets a noteworthy redemption moment. srug

JKBart
agreed

i dont want luke to turn into a pussy

Kurk
ah, so Luke is the ESB Yoda of TLJ. How original.

DarthAnt66
Doesn't seem like ESB Yoda at all. erm

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Doesn't seem like ESB Yoda at all. erm Surviving off of nature with only the animals for company? Sounds like Dagobah to me.

DarthAnt66
I mean, that's sort of the case for any exile, isn't it?

I'm speaking in more meaningful terms.

Yoda was forced into exile, grew as an individual, bonded closer with what it means to be a Jedi, and waited for the day he would train the one who would topple the threat he helped create.

Luke choose to go into exile, withered as an individual, rejected completely what it means to be a Jedi, and is not interested in helping anyone or toppling the threat he helped create at all.

For better or for worse, they're opposites.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Luke choose to go into exile, withered as an individual, rejected completely what it means to be a Jedi, and is not interested in helping anyone or toppling the threat he helped create at all.

That's so OOC of Luke imo...it might be Legends talking but....yeah.

Greysentinel365
Wow canon is disappointing again.

This is a surprise because?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Wow canon is disappointing again.

This is a surprise because?

Not all of it is, some of it's good, there's a few interesting characters...even though some were completely wasted potential.

Though there is a prior bar that was set, so that might have something to do with it.

Darth Abonis
History repeats itself.

The Merchant
Luke will fall to the Dark Side.

Greysentinel365
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not all of it is,

Most of it is.

Azronger
TLJ will suck.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Most of it is.

I mean...I'll agree to that I suppose.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what the worst offense the New Canon has done when they started incorporating Legends elements.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Azronger
TLJ will suck.

Unfortunately that's probably true.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kylo's story is more entertaining.

Galan007
I just hate that Disney seems to be neutering the shit out of OT characters, solely to make way for the new kids. ermm

All I wanted out of this new trilogy was to see Luke "Force God" Skywalker in action... But the more previews/teaser I see, the less likely that seems. sick

Kurk
Sorry guys, we have to face the fact that we as SW debaters/fans are a niche group of nerds. Disney cares for the $$$ which lies mostly in the younger fans.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Galan007
I just hate that Disney seems to be neutering the shit out of OT characters, solely to make way for the new kids. ermm

All I wanted out of this new trilogy was to see Luke "Force God" Skywalker in action... But the more previews/teaser I see, the less likely that seems. sick

Yoda confirmed strongest Jedi in the movies I guess. Damn that's sad. I always liked that Luke surpassed him and became the greatest and strongest Jedi the order always produced.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Yoda confirmed strongest Jedi in the movies I guess. Damn that's sad. I always liked that Luke surpassed him and became the greatest and strongest Jedi the order always produced.

Which seems like a logical story progression given who his dad was...but guess not..then again we haven't really seen Luke in a more brighter or younger light than what TFA is showing, though still I would expect him to be quite powerful regardless.

Rebel95
Hoping this is all just a misdirect and Luke does some crazy badass sh!t at the end of the movie

Raptor22
Originally posted by Rebel95
Hoping this is all just a misdirect and Luke does some crazy badass sh!t at the end of the movie https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9Np4mh3tc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.