No justice for Kate Steinle!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
As a Californian, I am absolutely disgusted with yesterday's verdict. How can a person who gave conflicting statements about how he killed her be found not guilty!? Saying that the weapon 'accidently' discharged is a lie. I own a similar weapon by the same company (Sig Sauer) and to pull the trigger takes quite a bit of force. Only ultra-liberal San Francisco would let an animal like that back on the street. What's it going to take? Him committing an act of terror to be found guilty or another murder only in a different county or in the valley!

Surtur
It's California so the verdict doesn't surprise me, this is the same state that awarded an illegal 200 grand because he was turned over to ICE. The only silver lining I can see is that...obviously he's going to be immediately deported, right? There is literally no good argument for keeping him in the country.

Perhaps some sort of 3 strikes immigration rule needs to be enacted. If you've been caught coming here illegally multiple times, on the 3rd time you are automatically imprisoned for 20 years.

Eternal Idol
I haven't read much about the case; with that said, if he confessed to killing her, then gave conflicting accounts about how he killed her, the jury may have been convinced that he gave a false confession. He could also be mentally ill, and not completely aware of his alleged crime.

Robtard
Oh boy. This was utter shit, but you people are ridiculous. This has nothing to do with "liberalism".

The police and then prosecution bungled this case. It's that simple.

Darth Truculent
And the very next day, he'll cross the border and commit more crimes . . . maybe kill again. Surtur, California has gone so far left that I am surprised that Bernie didn't win the state in the primary (not bashing Bernie either). I'm so tired of my state government that I'm starting to lose faith that they are looking out for me.

Love the idea of the automatic 20 years!

Song dedicated to Kate Steinle:
"The Parting Glass"
Performed by The High Kings
Written in Ireland in the 17th Century
https://youtu.be/qgboqZNduF0

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Oh boy. This was utter shit, but you people are ridiculous. This has nothing to do with "liberalism".

Why was the man free on the streets at the time he killed Kate? Why was he let go by the authorities, despite having a lengthy record and having been deported numerous times?

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Why was the man free on the streets at the time he killed Kate? Why was he let go by the authorities, despite having a lengthy record and having been deported numerous times?

IIRC, immigration ****ed up and let him go last time, when he should have not.

Then the prosecution overplayed their hand, when they could have gotten multiple stacking charges/convictions that would have put this shit away for a long time.

Surtur
IIRC, immigration ****ed up and let him go last time, when he should have not.

Then the prosecution overplayed their hand, when they could have gotten multiple stacking charges/convictions that would have put this shit away for a long time.

So you don't think Sanctuary City bullshit had anything to do with it?

dadudemon
Someone explain to me exactly what happened, here. I did not find a good news story that explained what exactly this guy did. The best I got was the CNN summary that said the gun went off, bounced off the ground, and shot her.

Darth Truculent
The local cops were sanctimonious bastards who blatantly ignored Federal Law by not turning him over to ICE and released him from jail. If they only turned him over, Kate would still be alive.

Her name may become a rallying cry for immigration reform and illegals and DACA kids will not get what they want.

Darth Truculent
dadudemon, guy said he found a pistol wrapped in a shirt under a bench on the pier. He then said he was aiming it at sea lions, then changed his story and said he was messing around with the weapon when dropped it and it fired. A Sig Sauer handgun does not fire by itself (I own one). It needs a little over a 2 lb pressure on the trigger to fire. He admitted he killed her.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Someone explain to me exactly what happened, here. I did not find a good news story that explained what exactly this guy did. The best I got was the CNN summary that said the gun went off, bounced off the ground, and shot her.

Shitlord druggie was let go when he should have been in jail, he claims he found a stolen gun and it accidentally went off when he picked it up, the bullet ricocheted off concrete embankment and struck Strinle in the back, she died later.

Prosecution tried to go for murder one when they shouldn't have, considering shitlord didn't actually fire directly at Steinle.

Back when the story first broke, rightwing rags ran that he was trying to mug the family, but it seems that isn't true at all.

Eternal Idol

I just read over some of the details of the case. It does seem like Zarate was guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

It's California so the verdict doesn't surprise me, this is the same state that awarded an illegal 200 grand because he was turned over to ICE. The only silver lining I can see is that...obviously he's going to be immediately deported, right? There is literally no good argument for keeping him in the country.

Perhaps some sort of 3 strikes immigration rule needs to be enacted. If you've been caught coming here illegally multiple times, on the 3rd time you are automatically imprisoned for 20 years. Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Love the idea of the automatic 20 years!
You're against them living in the US undocumented because you believe it's a drain on American taxpayers, so you want to lock them up and keep them here in the US for 20 years, adding to our already overflowing prisons, at the expense of the American taxpayers?

Surtur
It's not like when they initially released him they didn't know the guy was here illegally. It's not like they didn't know he'd been deported in the past as well.

So why was he walking the streets? Even if that is all they knew about him, explain why he was walking the streets? Do conservatives tend to support sanctuary cities? Do they tend to support releasing illegal immigrants back out into the country as opposed to immediately deporting them?

Surtur
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I just read over some of the details of the case. It does seem like Zarate was guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

You're against them living in the US undocumented because you believe it's a drain on American taxpayers, so you want to lock them up and keep them here in the US for 20 years, adding to our already overflowing prisons, at the expense of the American taxpayers?

Well here is the thing, these pieces of shit keep coming back lol. If we can't stop that? Imprison the f*ckheads. I do not want to hear bullshit stories where these people have been deported dozens of times, that shit is pathetic.

I'd rather imprison them than allow them to use our country like a revolving door. And that's no exaggeration btw. We have literally had people deported 15-20 times.

Robtard
Considering his multiple drug convictions, he shouldn't have been let go. The police ****ed up there.

Robtard
And of course the usual scumbags here to capitalize and push agendas:

"The Kate Steinle killer came back and back over the weakly protected Obama border, always committing crimes and being violent, and yet this info was not used in court. His exoneration is a complete travesty of justice. BUILD THE WALL!" -Trump vis Twitter

"Jury convinced that illegal alien killed Kate Steinle accidentally. She would still be alive if we had a wall." -Anne Coulter via Twitter

dadudemon
Shitlord druggie was let go when he should have been in jail, he claims he found a stolen gun and it accidentally went off when he picked it up, the bullet ricocheted off concrete embankment and struck Strinle in the back, she died later.

Prosecution tried to go for murder one when they shouldn't have, considering shitlord didn't actually fire directly at Steinle.

Back when the story first broke, rightwing rags ran that he was trying to mug the family, but it seems that isn't true at all.

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
dadudemon, guy said he found a pistol wrapped in a shirt under a bench on the pier. He then said he was aiming it at sea lions, then changed his story and said he was messing around with the weapon when dropped it and it fired. A Sig Sauer handgun does not fire by itself (I own one). It needs a little over a 2 lb pressure on the trigger to fire. He admitted he killed her.

Thanks, pretty shitty that I have to ask forum monkeys for a story that I can't seem to find on google in less than 30 seconds.

Anyway, sounds like he is not mentally sound. Sounds like he is stuck at an 8-12 year old's level.

Darth Truculent
Eternal, there are just as many American citizens if not more who use the system to their advantage.

But when someone who is a felon, deported 5 times and finally kills an innocent, beautiful young woman and gets away with it is an outright travesty. The justice system is rigged in California in favor of the guilty.

dadudemon
Eternal, there are just as many American citizens if not more who use the system to their advantage.

But when someone who is a felon, deported 5 times and finally kills an innocent, beautiful young woman and gets away with it is an outright travesty. The justice system is rigged in California in favor of the guilty.

I hope you would say the same if it was a beautiful young black woman.

Robtard

Saying "beautiful young woman" is a silly appeal to emotion. Would this be any less ****ed if the bullet hit and killed an ugly middle-aged man?

The Prosecution ****ed up, they overplayed themselves, expecting an easy verdict because of emotions due to who the victim was and who the criminal is, when they should have done this by the numbers.

dadudemon
Saying "beautiful young woman" is a silly appeal to emotion. Would this be any less ****ed if the bullet hit and killed an ugly middle-aged man?

100% honest with you: absolutely. I wouldn't care at all (maybe just a tiny bit). But I care just a little bit that it was a beautiful young woman.

no expression

Eternal Idol
Well here is the thing, these pieces of shit keep coming back lol. If we can't stop that? Imprison the f*ckheads. I do not want to hear bullshit stories where these people have been deported dozens of times, that shit is pathetic.

That doesn't make any sense as a standard measure, though. It would make sense to do that for violent convicted felons, but not for those whose only crime was being caught entering the country undocumented or staying beyond their visas' expiration. Sentencing both groups equally to 20 years in prison, such as you're proposing, would not be just. From a financial perspective, it also would be cheaper to return them to their home countries than it would be to incarcerate them.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
100% honest with you: absolutely. I wouldn't care at all (maybe just a tiny bit). But I care just a little bit that it was a beautiful young woman.

no expression

And that's a real problem with our justice sytem, considering if you were on a jury, that bias shouldn't factor in when you're weighing in

Eternal Idol
And that's a real problem with our justice system, considering if you were on a jury, that bias shouldn't factor in when you're weighing in
Agreed. I've always thought sentencing should be standardized and equal, regardless of whom is the guilty party. Likewise, who the victim was should not play nearly as big a role as it currently does now.

This case is tragic, and I can't imagine what the girl's family must have gone through...but let's be honest here: this case would not have made the headlines it's made if the victim were not a young and pretty white girl, and had her accused killer not have been an undocumented Latino.

dadudemon
And that's a real problem with our justice sytem, considering if you were on a jury, that bias shouldn't factor in when you're weighing in

You've hit on something that is far deeper than just culture. This "attractive person is less guilty" knows no culture. Also, being attractive spills over into almost all aspects of a person's life when it comes to all sorts of success factors.

We are animals. We are not nebulous energy clouds whose gaseous forms can change volume and shape on a whim.

We are animals who reproduce, sexually. So, obviously, that's going to come with a shit ton of baggage that may not sit well with pure, objective, thought and judgment.

People will, naturally, feel more upset over a beautiful young woman being wrongfully murdered than an uggo-middle aged man.

Edit - I know you know all of this. Just fleshing out the point that I'm not some crazy loon because I am admitting to a bias that is present in almost every single human. On the flip side, I also should not be praised for "honesty" because it's not very honest to admit the obvious. It would be dishonest and hypocritical to deny the obvious.

BackFire
Good article about the verdict.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kathryn-steinle-shooting-politics-aside-experts-say-verdict-based-reasonable-n825731

It's pretty obvious why First and second degree murder didn't fly, it's difficult to argue that shooting her was intentional when the bullet ricocheted off the concrete before hitting her, unless the guy intentionally did a crazy trick-shot or something.

The question about involuntary manslaughter is a bit more murky. The expert in the article makes the following suggestion -

So yeah, sounds like the prosecution just botched this case and couldn't negate a reasonable doubt. Maybe overplayed their hand. Seems to happen a lot.

Bashar Teg
now he gets to prance about claiming innocence and vindication, because he got lucky. just like george zimmerman and oj.

Surtur
Considering his multiple drug convictions, he shouldn't have been let go. The police ****ed up there.

Considering he was an illegal and they knew that, he shouldn't have been let go either way.

So San Francisco killed Kate Steinle, make no mistake about it. And yesterday they got away with it.

vansonbee
Basically liberals secured a 2nd term for Trump 2020....

Raisen
There was a lot of people already mad about this steinle situation. For years.

I hope people don't do anything stupid

Surtur
Deport him, and if he ever sets foot here again...he never leaves a prison.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Raisen
There was a lot of people already mad about this steinle situation. For years.

I hope people don't do anything stupid

Yeah. Those Conservatives go out and Riot at the drop of a hat....Oh wait...
confused

Flyattractor
gPVH1x-n4H4

Some decent questions raised.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
now he gets to prance about claiming innocence and vindication, because he got lucky. just like george zimmerman and oj.

Nah, he's still facing other charges, unlike Zimmerman and OJ.

Bashar Teg
good.

Afro Cheese
Zimmerman was self defense. OJ just got lucky though.

I also wouldn't have a problem with throwing some prison time at illegals that have been deported multiple times. Clearly deportation isn't working in their case.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Zimmerman was self defense. OJ just got lucky though.

I also wouldn't have a problem with throwing some prison time at illegals that have been deported multiple times. Clearly deportation isn't working in their case.

Again, I ask, where is the logic in that?

People are so worked up about undocumented immigrants entering the country and allegedly using tax-funded services and programs while contributing nothing back in income taxes, but you want to incarcerate them, feed them, clothe them, and pay for whatever medical care they receive in prison, at the expense of the taxpayer, in a situation where they absolutely cannot contribute to publicly-funded programs and services.

That's not very smart, nor is it cost-effective. It's cheaper and easier to return them to their home countries, in spite of however many times they may have been deported only to return.

Of course, we could always reform our immigration policies and make it quicker and easier to emigrate and become a U.S. citizen...but nobody wants to talk about that now, do they?

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Again, I ask, where is the logic in that?

People are so worked up about undocumented immigrants entering the country and allegedly using tax-funded services and programs while contributing nothing back in income taxes, but you want to incarcerate them, feed them, clothe them, and pay for whatever medical care they receive in prison, at the expense of the taxpayer, in a situation where they absolutely cannot contribute to publicly-funded programs and services.

That's not very smart, nor is it cost-effective. It's cheaper and easier to return them to their home countries, in spite of however many times they may have been deported only to return.Cheaper and easier in the short term, of course. But essentially pointless if the deportation provides them no incentive not to return and commit the same crime again and again. Which is where prison comes in.

That's not a serious alternative to enforcing our immigration policies. That's basically like saying let as many of them in as they want... open borders type scenario. Cause other than that there are ALWAYS going to be people who get rejected or turned away and thus have the incentive to sneak into this country.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Cheaper and easier in the short term, of course. But essentially pointless if the deportation provides them no incentive not to return and commit the same crime again and again. Which is where prison comes in.

I'm sure you have actual evidence to back up this claim?

Afro Cheese
The evidence is the fact that there are people who are deported multiple times. What are you actually asking me to prove?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.