How do you get your news?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
For discussion, but also an ulterior motive: I'm looking for a news source that analyzes mainstream politics with an outsiders eye. Not liberal, or conservative, but more of an anti-propagandist that exists to calls both sides out on their bullshit.

Interested to see what pops up here...

shiv
I like to talk and I like to listen = I hear things = I hear news

Talk to people about their work

I guarantee you if you talk to people about their work you will hear and find out all sorts of things your government is doing which are not on the late night news.

carthage
-

Rockydonovang
Washington post, Washington journal, and Nate Silver

BackFire
I throw letters at a wall slathered in glue and whatever ends up sticking is what I feel is today's news.

Beniboybling
KMC, for that no-nonsense alt-perspective. thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
For discussion, but also an ulterior motive: I'm looking for a news source that analyzes mainstream politics with an outsiders eye. Not liberal, or conservative, but more of an anti-propagandist that exists to calls both sides out on their bullshit.

Interested to see what pops up here...
SNLs Weekend Update.
Occasionally The Daily Show, and Full Frontal.
My spouse and kids (who actually follow the news) will bring things to my attention semi regularly as well, if they think its important.
Its usually not that important.

Facee
Real time.

Bashar Teg
i typically check cnn and foxnews, partly to see how they're both framing and prioritizing the day's stories and scandals, which i consider a significant part of the overall story. other than that i'll listen to npr and frequent bbcnews' site.

Scribble
I generally just see the news through whatever sources they come to me, whether that be a newspaper, the radio, a linked article, a news sidebar on an app, whatever. Then, if I'm interested in a topic that seems complex, I read multiple articles from both (or all) sides of the argument and try to figure out what the 'truth' is myself, and then start forming an opinion based on that. However, I generally try to leave my opinion unfinished so that when I have political discussion with people, and I can form it further by hearing other opinions and seeing how they relate to my initial take on things.

Surtur
I approach a homeless man in the park and say "Well met". Then I repeatedly grill him about what rumors are going on.

BackFire
Should ask the innkeeper, they're more reliable.

Afro Cheese
These days I really don't seek the news out. It just finds me however it finds me.

I feel like when all the smoke and dust settles, and Trump is no longer prez, I might retroactively take great interest in what went on during this administration. But right now as it's happening it's just way too much shit for me to want to sort through. I'm basically just worn out/overwhelmed by the sheer volume of it all.

When I did try to stay current on politics/the news, Youtube was my biggest resource. I try to get a variety of sources and viewpoints on my feed intentionally (Fox, MSNBC, RT, Al Jazeera, TYT, Rebel Media etc) so that it doesn't just feed me right wing or left wing sources, but it's very hard not to let my Youtube feed turn into an echo chamber. Sometimes I browse incognito on purpose for this reason.

When in the car, I would listen to NPR while keeping in mind their leftist slant.

And lastly, this forum and other forums like this. Though this is the last one I still post on.

Mindship
TV (eg, CNN, Fox, ABC), newspapers, internet.

Killjoy12
Only place you can get the truth. FOX NEWS

Steve Zodiac
The Manchester Guardian, although it's weird women's issue shit annoys me.
New York Times
Washington Post
Daily Mail (Because I like to see what those right of Breitbart actually think)

NewGuy01
I'm subscribed to a couple independent political talk show hosts on youtube. It gets a fair amount of relevant stories into my feed, and they usually provide decent commentary. It suffices.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.