Question to the first Movie. Please take a look!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seraph

Seraph
i mean, i dont want you just to take a look, i want you to answer my question!!!!!!

mirthrandir63
I don't think it has any real significance. With that trace program that he sallowed, Morpheus did say that things would be a little different. Just accept it as is: there is no hidden meaning to this.

If he hadn't touched the mirror, he probably would have been unplugged all the same. I think it was added just for special effects

Sifer
This is his mind awakening to the possibility of the Real. His mind is realising that this world is not real, objects can be altered and what is seemingly reality can be bent. It is also PART of the trace program smile

nickjs21
like bending a spoon.

Evil Dead
The pill Morpheus gave Neo dissrupted his imput/output carrier signals...........which means the signal being sent from the Matrix to Neo which tells him how he's percieving the world is disrupted.......that's why Cypher tells Neo "cause Kansas is going bye bye"............

no significance......except that ofcourse by disrupting his imput/output carrier signal they could trace where he was in the real world........they just looked for the pod with the signals disrupted.............when the machines were not getting any signals back from Thomas Anderson's body (because it was disrupted) they assumed he was dead and was no longer producing signals.........this is why all of his plugs detatched and he was flushed out of his pod as waste.

Sifer
The machines let him and everyone else who gets unplugged go because its all part of the game smile Not because they think they are dead. It's all just another level of control big grin

As you say, the pill is for Morpheus etc to track him down but not for making the machines think he is dead. The machine looks at him directly, I think they would know if he was dead or not.

Elite13
Sifer, I see your point and think it is completely plausible that the machines let Neo and others who awake go as part of the game. I do not see why they would want to add to the amount of enemies they have against them. However, if the Neb did not go to get Neo he would have drowned in the sewer, the computers now that the muscles of the humans would not work and ultimately they would die. Why have the mess around the pods, when they will just drowned in the sewer?

Evil Dead
hmmm.........could be Sifer..........but why in the Animatrix episode "world record" do they not let him go?

Neo's output signals were disrupted basically blocked and he was flushed into the sewer system................the guy in "world record"'s signal wasn't blocked......they knew he was still alive and they fought to get him back/keep him in the Matrix.

Moosh
I'm not sure what the liquid mirror does exactly but it fits with the Alice in Wonderland parralels - Neo goes through the looking glass

Sifer
To me, it seems that World Record is in a future Matrix or previous version of the matrix...the agents are different, the way his body is strapped into the Matrix is also very different...this could be a hint to the future of the Matrix.

But I also have to note that World Record was not written by Andy or Larry so the possibility of it not meaning much is there.

Gonna go watch em again.

Caliden
what happens ifthe machine that unplugged Neo from his pod belonged to morpheus and his crew and was controlled via remote when unpluggingpeople from the matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.