Actor who has played the same character the most times over and over again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Is it hugh jackman?

Firefly218
Harry Potter is up there

Robtard
http://www.cinelinx.com/movie-stuff/item/5690-actors-who-ve-played-the-same-character-the-most-times.html

TethAdamTheRock
Thanks

2014 though

Robtard
I guarantee you someone has topped the top ones in three/four years

Darth Thor
RDJ matches Hugh once Infinity War is released. And will actually surpass him by Avengers 4.

Surtur
I was going to answer, but I misunderstood. I thought this was asking about actors that tend to portray more or less the same character in every role they take.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Surtur
I was going to answer, but I misunderstood. I thought this was asking about actors that tend to portray more or less the same character in every role they take. like who?

All of Morgan freemans characters seem all the same for every movie

(Great actor though)

Khazra Reborn
Christopher Lee played Dracula probably close to a dozen times, I can't think of anyone off hand who tops him.

jaden101
Mark Hamill as The Joker must be up there.

quanchi112
Robert Englund as Freddy is up there.

John Murdoch
Desmond Llewelyn as Q

Surtur
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
like who?

All of Morgan freemans characters seem all the same for every movie

(Great actor though)

Yeah, Morgan tends to be the wise magical negro of the movies. Nic Cage seems another one where it is like he is playing the same character. I think that is mostly just due to not being a skilled actor. Whereas Morgan Freeman clearly is capable of stepping outside the "wise magical negro" trope.

Inhuman
Has Schwarzenegger ever played a character that is NOT special forces military or ex military type, a cop or ex cop, etc ? Besides the Terminator series were he was a robot

-Pr-
Originally posted by Inhuman
Has Schwarzenegger ever played a character that is NOT special forces military or ex military type, a cop or ex cop, etc ? Besides the Terminator series were he was a robot

In his comedies, sure, though not often. Like Twins for example.

==

My answer to the thread is Dwayne Johnson playing the "I'm an awkward geek in a jock's body" role enough that it's starting to feel like that's his niche.

I mean, I get that he wants to play against type, but he's pushing it a little.

BruceSkywalker
Sean Connery played Bond, 7 times.. Moore serves as Bond for 12 years

jaden101
Originally posted by Inhuman

Aftermath...He plays a construction worker whose family are killed in an air crash caused by a negligent air traffic controller.

It was actually pretty good.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by jaden101
Aftermath...He plays a construction worker whose family are killed in an air crash caused by a negligent air traffic controller.

It was actually pretty good.

In Collateral Damage he plays a fire man whose family was killed by terrorists.

Surtur
Playing a robot is 100% the perfect role for Arnold. This is equivalent to Charlie Sheen being hired to play a character that loves hookers and cocaine.

steverules_2

Simong
I would have to say Will Ferrel, Nicholas Cages roles are all similar. Vinnie Jones plays the same character every time as well as Danny Dyer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.