Lord Of Thunder Thor vs JL Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Grimes
Ssj Thor that was making Hulk crap himself vs DCCU Superman. Who wins?

quanchi112
Thor dominates Superman.

Ps. Hulk wasnt put down despite Thor channeling is innate power in the fight.

carthage
Clark oneshots

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Clark oneshots Who has he oneshotted on Thor's level ?

FrothByte
Superman wins but not as easily as some may think.

Silent Master
Superman.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FrothByte
Superman wins but not as easily as some may think. Based on ?

playa1258
Superman is vastly stronger and faster. He beats Thor badly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Superman is vastly stronger and faster. He beats Thor badly. Less skilled, less powerful and his morality is a weakness. Listen to Faora you mindless fanboys.

playa1258
So it's going to be Quan vs everyone else.

Just like old times.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
So it's going to be Quan vs everyone else.

Just like old times. Well evidence matters not imaginary Superman battle tactics.

abhilegend
Superman beats the shit out of Thor.

TheGrat1
Kal-El, low difficulty.

FrothByte
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

It's the speed. Without Superman's speed I'd back Thor in a moment, but as much as I argue about Clark's speed I need to give credit where credit is due.

Silent Master
Yea...without his speed. Superman is an absolute shit fighter. having better strength doesn't mean much when you don't have the skill to land any attacks.

Adam Grimes
'yeah Thor is trash without his lightning! Lolz'

Silent Master
Not even, even when depowered he was able to beat multiple Shield agents. depowered Superman would get destroyed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman beats the shit out of Thor. This isn't what happens when you piss your dad off. Thor wins since Superman isn't even strong enough to beat the shit out of WW while she's clearly holding back.

quanchi112
It's the speed. Without Superman's speed I'd back Thor in a moment, but as much as I argue about Clark's speed I need to give credit where credit is due. As you yourself admit he uses it in bursts and those without superspeed have hit him multiple times.m he hasn't shown the strength to ko someone of Thor's caliber let alone quickly. Thor was crazy fast and hit multiple targets at the end of the film with relative ease.

carthage
Will someone make sure Quan is wearing his helmet

juggerman
Superman

Impediment

quanchi112
Will someone make sure Quan is wearing his helmet Your mother put it on my head after I finished.

Zack M
Will someone make sure Quan is wearing his helmet

laughing out loud
laughing out loud

Adam Grimes
https://i.imgur.com/xAPUuNt.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack M
laughing out loud
laughing out loud Thor wins.

tkitna
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yea...without his speed. Superman is an absolute shit fighter. having better strength doesn't mean much when you don't have the skill to land any attacks.

Shows you how sad Zod actually was as a villain. Got whipped by an old scientist and a farmboy that never fought in his life.

quanchi112
Originally posted by tkitna
Shows you how sad Zod actually was as a villain. Got whipped by an old scientist and a farmboy that never fought in his life. Zod was painfully inept and awful as a villain. The dceu is pretty pathetic tbh.

TheGrat1

Kurse would like to have a word with you.

Silent Master
Kurse just told me that he agrees that Superman is a shit fighter.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheGrat1
Kurse would like to have a word with you. How did Superman look against Doomsday ?

TheGrat1
How did Superman look against Doomsday ?

Overmatched. He still killed him on the end, again. A runt frost giant had to save Thor.

Silent Master
Superman didn't outfight Doomsday, he used K-nite. If Superman wasn't an unskilled moron, he'd of stabbed Doomsday in the back with it. instead Super-idiot rushed right at DD like a complete retard and allowed himself to be killed.

Darth Thor
To be fair Superman was BFRing Doomsday into space until the military nuked then both.

quanchi112
Overmatched. He still killed him on the end, again. A runt frost giant had to save Thor. With Knite, Batman, and WW's help. If two guys hold someone back and then beat him up but he still kills you it's clear one on one he stood no ****ing chance. Context, sport.

WolvesofBabylon
Good point about the BFR until they were nuked. Superman had the fight won as there was no evidence Doomsday could fly.

TheGrat1
Context, sport.

The irony.

Silent Master
The fact that battlefield removal was working and yet Superman never tries again is further proof that he's a complete retard and the fighting department.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
To be fair Superman was BFRing Doomsday into space until the military nuked then both.

Which just goes to show how dumb that fight choreography was. Superman could have BFR'd Doomsday in the beginning and saved them all the trouble.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
'yeah Thor is trash without his lightning! Lolz'

Take away Thor's lightning and weapons and take away Superman's flight and speed, make them fight mano y mano and Thor will wreck Superman.

Silent Master
In a depowered fight Thor could destroy multiple Clark's at the same time.

Adam Grimes
#Froth it would go down like his fight against Kurse.

TheGrat1
Take away Thor's lightning and weapons and take away Superman's flight and speed, make them fight mano y mano and Thor will wreck Superman.

Thor got wrecked by a brick called Kurse. Kal-El would still break his neck no problem.

Silent Master
Superman does enjoy murdering people.

TheGrat1
Only Donner Superman.

https://iwanticewater.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/zods-painful-lesson-04.gif

Silent Master
Dceu Superman has his kill count beat by hundreds if not thousands.

TheGrat1
1. You said "enjoy". Show me DCEU Supes enjoying the act of killing.

2. DCEU Supes has killed Zod and Doomsday. Donner Supes killed Zod and those three goons on the island when he lifted it in Returns.
4>2

Check and mate.

Silent Master
He made no real effort to take his fighting away from populated areas during Man of Steel, only a retard would be unaware of the loss of life that would cause.

He obviously didn't care how many people would have to die so he could get what he wanted.

FrothByte
Thor got wrecked by a brick called Kurse. Kal-El would still break his neck no problem.

Kurse was an elven general with thousands of years of fighting experience. Who was fast enough to slap Mjolnir from blindsiding him and was skilled enough to beat Thor to the punch.

That guy may be big but he ain't no brick.

Kal-el is a farm boy with zero training who has a total of 6 fights under his belt, and all but 2 of those were against opponents below his power level. And of those 2 only 1 was against a skilled opponent.

relentless1
Superman wins, hes much much faster and stronger than Thor, his best hope is that lightning but that didn't even faze Hla who; granted is of a higher caliber than Superman but not by much if you eliminate her insane regen which wasn't even needed when she got hit with Thors big shot

TheGrat1
Kurse was an elven general with thousands of years of fighting experience. Who was fast enough to slap Mjolnir from blindsiding him and was skilled enough to beat Thor to the punch.

That guy may be big but he ain't no brick.

Kal-el is a farm boy with zero training who has a total of 6 fights under his belt, and all but 2 of those were against opponents below his power level. And of those 2 only 1 was against a skilled opponent.

He is also nowhere near Kal-El's level or strength and durability. Thor's striking without lightning is far below a Kryptonian's paygrade. Kal-El took on Faora-Ul and Nam-Ek at the same time with no speed advantage and held his own. To think he will be taken out by a hammerless, lightningless Thor is a joke. Kal could "puny god" him and there is nothing he could do about it.

Mjolnir was moving at less than 100 mph when Kurse hit it. In the DCEU, he is a brick.

Faora-Ul/Nam-Ek, Zod, Batman, Doomsday, The Justice League, Steppenwolf.

^ 3 of his battles were with beings at or above his level. Only 4 of those were all-out fights too. Between Faora and Zod only one of them is skilled? Lol. They are Bruce Lee compared to Kurse.

Silent Master
They were beaten by an unskilled farmboy, obviously their skill was nothing to write home about.

TheGrat1
He had the advantage of flight and heat vision in Smallville. He also only beat them when they separated.

Zod was kicking his ass in Metropolis. Kal-El had a puncher's chance and got it.

I don't see any of this amazing skill Kurse posesses. He walked through every Asgardian because he was stronger and tougher than them. Unless you are referring to him catching and dodging punches. Because Kal-El has done that too.

Silent Master
Getting your ass kicked by an unskilled farmboy doesn't say much for your skill level.

TheGrat1
And what does that say about Thor getting his face pounded into the dirt by Kurse and Hulk? The former shows no skill greater than Superman and the latter is a simple brute.

Silent Master
It says that not only is Thor highly-skilled but he also has very impressive durability. Meanwhile by feats Superman has been shown to have almost no hand-to-hand skills.

FrothByte
He is also nowhere near Kal-El's level or strength and durability. Thor's striking without lightning is far below a Kryptonian's paygrade. Kal-El took on Faora-Ul and Nam-Ek at the same time with no speed advantage and held his own. To think he will be taken out by a hammerless, lightningless Thor is a joke. Kal could "puny god" him and there is nothing he could do about it.

Mjolnir was moving at less than 100 mph when Kurse hit it. In the DCEU, he is a brick.

Faora-Ul/Nam-Ek, Zod, Batman, Doomsday, The Justice League, Steppenwolf.

^ 3 of his battles were with beings at or above his level. Only 4 of those were all-out fights too. Between Faora and Zod only one of them is skilled? Lol. They are Bruce Lee compared to Kurse.

Faora and Namek couldn't fly, had no heat vision or frost breath, had only hours of exposure to yellow sun whereas Superman had a lifetime, and both had helmets on that limited their exposure to earth's atmosphere. Like I said, not on Superman's power level.

None of JL were at Superman's power level and neither was Steppenwolf.

Only Zod and Doomsday were at Superman's power level and only Zod was skilled. Or at least he claims to be skilled. Honestly he never showed it. Plus Superman had backup against Doomsday.

Without Superman's speed advantage he wouldn't even land a hit on Thor. And I don't recall any durability feats from Superman that puts him above Hulk's durability, and Thor hurt Hulk with his fists just fine.

So having a high degree of fighting skill combined with strength and durability makes one a brick now eh? Guess the definition of brick has gone through some changes. Guess that makes the Winter Soldier a brick in your book as well.

Silent Master
It's rather telling that everyone including Thor fans have no problem agreeing that dceu Superman is stronger and faster than MCU Thor, however no one on the Superman side can bring themselves to admit that Thor was shown to be far more skilled.

Placidity
It's rather telling that everyone including Thor fans have no problem agreeing that dceu Superman is stronger and faster than MCU Thor

Everyone?

However no one on the Superman side can bring themselves to admit that Thor was shown to be far more skilled.

That assumes that Thor being far more skilled is apparent to everyone. Hard if not impossible to prove.

Thor has shown superior skill. He has also shown to be a brawler at times. Either way, the stat gap is so extreme that skill will not matter.

WW is far more skilled than Superman - didn't help her in the movie, wouldn't help her in a forum debate here. And she is much faster than Thor.

Having said all that, Thor while being relatively more skilled, his skills are not at all impressive. When I think skill, I think of Captain America, Black Panther, not Thor. The fact that Depowered Thor beat up a few agents keeps getting brought up is a joke.

Silent Master
Other than known trolls like quan I don't know anyone that would disagree about Superman being stronger and faster.

It's not hard to prove at all, you just have to compare their various hand-to-hand feats. As an example during Thor Ragnarok he showed far more skill in his fights with the Hulk and Hela than Superman ever has.

Placidity
Other than known trolls like quan I don't know anyone that would disagree about Superman being stronger and faster.

It's not hard to prove at all, you just have to compare their various hand-to-hand feats. As an example during Thor Ragnarok he showed far more skill in his fights with the Hulk and Hela than Superman ever has.

I didn't say it is hard to prove that Thor is more skilled.

I said it would be hard to prove that everyone believes Thor is more skilled but won't "admit" it.

Silent Master
Okay, I'll admit there may be a few people out there that are so incredibly biased that they can't see the truth even when it's smacking them in the face and calling them Susan.

TheGrat1
Faora and Namek couldn't fly, had no heat vision or frost breath, had only hours of exposure to yellow sun whereas Superman had a lifetime, and both had helmets on that limited their exposure to earth's atmosphere. Like I said, not on Superman's power level.

None of JL were at Superman's power level and neither was Steppenwolf.

Only Zod and Doomsday were at Superman's power level and only Zod was skilled. Or at least he claims to be skilled. Honestly he never showed it. Plus Superman had backup against Doomsday.

Without Superman's speed advantage he wouldn't even land a hit on Thor. And I don't recall any durability feats from Superman that puts him above Hulk's durability, and Thor hurt Hulk with his fists just fine.

So having a high degree of fighting skill combined with strength and durability makes one a brick now eh? Guess the definition of brick has gone through some changes. Guess that makes the Winter Soldier a brick in your book as well.

Faora and Nam-Ek had been within range of earth's yellow sun for nearly an entire day. Nam-Ek matched Kal's strength on multiple occasions and Faora his speed. They did not have his more exotic abilities but they were his peers in strength, speed, and durability. Which is more than I can say for Stepp and Thor.

He landed hits on Faora, Zod, and Nam-Ek with no speed advantage but Thor is apparently Floyd Mayweather. Please, Iron Man can tag him.

Zod's skill is evident. He was countering the shit out of Kal in Metropolis. He lost because of luck and plot.
https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11126/111268932/5769824-0868217710-57697.gif
https://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11126/111268932/5769825-1846729894-57697.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Iz2TEog.gif
http://i.imgur.com/9CvdVgI.gif

"I don't recall.....Hulk's level of durability."

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111180200/5246371-2729176482-giphy.gif
Shrugs it off. Keep in mind that Kal would have gone even higher if he had 1: not hit the building and 2: not been able to slow himself down via flight.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117031/5113077-9075916230-latest

Hulk was dazed after this hit. A toss From Faora would have put Hulk through the plane. Hulk was also bleeding after being hit with chitauri energy attacks wheras Kal could not be penetrated by a nuke while weakened. Hell, there was not even 1 trickle of blood on his face after having it cut open by kryptonite. And to top it off, Hulk was Ko'd by Iron Man.

If Thing from the comics knew kung fu, would he stop being a brick?

"High degree of fighting skill." Please, feel free to post examples of Kurse's fighting skill, gifs preferably.

TheGrat1
It says that not only is Thor highly-skilled but he also has very impressive durability. Meanwhile by feats Superman has been shown to have almost no hand-to-hand skills.

So when Thor gets beaten down by bricks with skill on par with Superman, it means he has high skill and great durability. But with Faora, Nam, and Zod it means their skill is nothing to write home about. Interesting.

It's rather telling that everyone including Thor fans have no problem agreeing that dceu Superman is stronger and faster than MCU Thor, however no one on the Superman side can bring themselves to admit that Thor was shown to be far more skilled.

MCU Thor is vastly more skilled than DCEU Superman in virtually every concievable type of combat. I do not know who would say otherwise. However, I do not believe the skill gap to be capable of overcoming the stat gap between the two, even with speed equalized.

Silent Master
Thor showed far more skill in the Ragnarok movie than Superman ever has.

Zack M
Thor still gets beat down, though.

Placidity

Zod's skill is evident. He was countering the shit out of Kal in Metropolis. He lost because of luck and plot.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111180200/5246371-2729176482-giphy.gif
Shrugs it off. Keep in mind that Kal would have gone even higher if he had 1: not hit the building and 2: not been able to slow himself down via flight.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117031/5113077-9075916230-latest

Hulk was dazed after this hit. A toss From Faora would have put Hulk through the plane. Hulk was also bleeding after being hit with chitauri energy attacks wheras Kal could not be penetrated by a nuke while weakened. Hell, there was not even 1 trickle of blood on his face after having it cut open by kryptonite. And to top it off, Hulk was Ko'd by Iron Man.

"High degree of fighting skill." Please, feel free to post examples of Kurse's fighting skill, gifs preferably.

Good post, especially that direct comparison of the uppercut at the end.

There is another scene in Ranarok where Lord of Thunder Thor hits Hulk with a lightning punch, and Hulk gets knocked a few feet in the air.

Silent Master
MCU Thor is vastly more skilled than DCEU Superman in virtually every concievable type of combat. I do not know who would say otherwise. .

Odd that you would spend so long arguing with me and then just suddenly admit to agreeing with my point.

Psychotron
Superman with ease.

TheGrat1
Originally posted by Placidity
Good post,

I do not know how to make any other kind. thumb up

Odd that you would spend so long arguing with me and then just suddenly admit to agreeing with my point.

Go back and read the posts. Nowhere in them did I say Kal had anywhere near as much skill as Thor. You downplayed the skill of the Kryptonian soldiers because they were beaten by a novice. "Nothing to write home about." Were your words. I then asked what that meant for Thor's skill because he was being beaten down by bricks that showed no more skill than Superman. You said it meant he was highly skilled and durable. I then attempted to point outyour u hypocrisy to you but the point seems not to have stuck.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Zack M
Thor still gets beat down, though.
With all their powers, yes. I'm debating with Grat specifically on the basis of no lightning for Thor and no flight and superspeed for Superman.

Silent Master
No, I used the beatings he took as proof of Thor's durability, I used the skill he used in his fights as proof that he was far more skilled than Superman.

Edit: To be more specific, as I was already arguing that Thor was more skilled when you mentioned those beatings. I added what they showed to my argument. It should have been fairly obvious what I meant. but maybe I was giving you too much credit.

FrothByte
Faora and Nam-Ek had been within range of earth's yellow sun for nearly an entire day. Nam-Ek matched Kal's strength on multiple occasions and Faora his speed. They did not have his more exotic abilities but they were his peers in strength, speed, and durability. Which is more than I can say for Stepp and Thor.

He landed hits on Faora, Zod, and Nam-Ek with no speed advantage but Thor is apparently Floyd Mayweather. Please, Iron Man can tag him.

https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11126/111268932/5769824-0868217710-57697.gif
https://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11126/111268932/5769825-1846729894-57697.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Iz2TEog.gif
http://i.imgur.com/9CvdVgI.gif

So your proof of Zod's skill is posting gifs of him trading hits with a farm boy and a scientist? Sure... seems legit proof of his skill.

And your proof of Superman's superior durability to Hulk is that he survives going through concrete? Hulk easily tears through a building. And remember that Hulk is several hundred pounds heavier than Superman. A hit on Hulk will not launch him as far as a hit on Superman.

You said it yourself, Faora and Namek don't have the same powers as Superman. If they don't have the same exotic powers as him, which Zod proved could be had by more exposure, then it stands to reason that they weren't getting the full benefit of the sun. Faora and Namek weren't on the same power level as Superman, that's just plain logic.

Superman would have died from that nuke. He only got healed due to the sun.

And the kryptonians get tossed around by jet gunfire. Hulk stood his ground against jet gunfire.

And yes, if Thing moved like Daredevil he wouldn't be a brick. I don't think you know what a brick is.

TheGrat1
So your proof of Zod's skill is posting gifs of him trading hits with a farm boy and a scientist? Sure... seems legit proof of his skill.

And your proof of Superman's superior durability to Hulk is that he survives going through concrete? Hulk easily tears through a building. And remember that Hulk is several hundred pounds heavier than Superman. A hit on Hulk will not launch him as far as a hit on Superman.

You said it yourself, Faora and Namek don't have the same powers as Superman. If they don't have the same exotic powers as him, which Zod proved could be had by more exposure, then it stands to reason that they weren't getting the full benefit of the sun. Faora and Namek weren't on the same power level as Superman, that's just plain logic.

Superman would have died from that nuke. He only got healed due to the sun.

And the kryptonians get tossed around by jet gunfire. Hulk stood his ground against jet gunfire.

And yes, if Thing moved like Daredevil he wouldn't be a brick. I don't think you know what a brick is.

"trading blows with a farmboy and a scientist."

A scientist that took down 3 Kryptonian soldiers in cqc. Continue your willful ignorance if you must. Batman is a scientist, I guess he can not fight either. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Kal may not have any formal training, but his style is undoubtedly effective. He utilizes his abilities well in combat and has his own feats of countering opponents.

"proof of Superman's durability..."

I will make it clear: the uppercut Kal-El took was magnitudes more powerful than the one Hulk took. It was also preceeded by another punch and Kal still shrugged it off. Hulk was on queer street from the one blow. Kal's launch trajectory was no less than 80 degrees. The force caused him to cover hundreds of feet and destroy a skyscraper's cladding. The majority of the distance Hulk covered was horizontal and could not tear through a fighter jet's tail section.
Hulk is hundreds of pounds heavier than Supes? A train engine is hundreds of times heavier than Hulk and Nam-Ek launched it dozens of times further and higher than Hulk traveled. Supes was taking punches from that guy.

But let's not stop there. Hulk was stabbed by Abom and his wound was bleeding minutes later. He was bitten by Fenris and bled. He was bombarded with energy blasts that managed to punch through a Manhattan roof and bled. He had his tooth knocked out by Iron Man.
The only time Kal has bled in 3 films was when he was as weak as a human. Kal has taken punches from guys that dwarf Hulk, Hulkbuster, Thor, and Abom in strength without losing consciousness or body parts. He has survived a nuke at point blank while weakened. Even while dead kryptonian cells are incapable of decay under a yellow sun. Kal-El is more durable than Hulk in every way.

"Superman would have died..."

Hulk will die from that nuke. No question. That is the difference.

"tossed around by jet gunfire"

There is a world of difference between a 30 mm GAU 8 and a 25 mm GAU 22. The GAU 8 has nearly twice the muzzle energy due to heavier rounds, meaning it hits twice as hard. The A-10's weapon is purpose built to shred/disable tanks, the F-35's has to pull double duty as an air-to-air weapon while providing token close air support. Hell, the F-35's ammunition is frangible, it is designed to break apart on impact. Depleted uranium slugs from the GAU 8 are designed to stay together, out-tough armor, and power through the target delivering lethal vaporized heat and gas on the other side. Those slugs did not penetrate Nam-Ek at all meaning they transferred 100% of their kinetic energy to him. Oh, and there were three A-10s to one F-35.

Zod developed further abilities because he stopped breathing Kryptonian antmosphere. It is so toxic that it inhibits their ability to manifest superpowers. For an adapted kryptonian, it keeps them from developing more exotic abilities, whilst they still get strength, speed and durability. For a non-adapted kryptonian, it inhibits their ability to manifest superpowers at all, thus making them as weak as a human.
The point of the comparison with them is that they would be in the same boat as Thor in your hypothetical situation. Equalized speed, no weapons, and no lightning. The difference being that they are stronger and more durable than Thor. There were two of them and Kal still held his own. Thor would not stand a chance.

"pergaps you don't know what a brick is"

From comicvine: "For those who don't know, "Brick" pertains to a character whose main schtick is super strength and durability, and nothing else save maybe a melee weapon of some kind. In essence a "tank". No other powers, not even flying, so guys like Superman and Thor do not count as Bricks."

Perhaps kung fu was the wrong example, Kurse certainly was not using that. Depending on the form, quicknessand agility are a necessity for kung fu. Agility is half of DD's game. Thing does not fight like that.

Allow me to re-phrase: If Thing had mixed martial arts skill on par with Chuck Liddell, would he cease being a brick?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Psychotron
Superman with ease. Based on ?

quanchi112

It's not hard to prove at all, you just have to compare their various hand-to-hand feats. As an example during Thor Ragnarok he showed far more skill in his fights with the Hulk and Hela than Superman ever has. First off I'm no troll I am Mr. objective and secondly Superman is stronger and faster than Thor. He still loses due to Thor's power and skill advantages.

FrothByte
"trading blows with a farmboy and a scientist."

A scientist that took down 3 Kryptonian soldiers in cqc. Continue your willful ignorance if you must. Batman is a scientist, I guess he can not fight either. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Kal may not have any formal training, but his style is undoubtedly effective. He utilizes his abilities well in combat and has his own feats of countering opponents.

"proof of Superman's durability..."

I will make it clear: the uppercut Kal-El took was magnitudes more powerful than the one Hulk took. It was also preceeded by another punch and Kal still shrugged it off. Hulk was on queer street from the one blow. Kal's launch trajectory was no less than 80 degrees. The force caused him to cover hundreds of feet and destroy a skyscraper's cladding. The majority of the distance Hulk covered was horizontal and could not tear through a fighter jet's tail section.
Hulk is hundreds of pounds heavier than Supes? A train engine is hundreds of times heavier than Hulk and Nam-Ek launched it dozens of times further and higher than Hulk traveled. Supes was taking punches from that guy.

But let's not stop there. Hulk was stabbed by Abom and his wound was bleeding minutes later. He was bitten by Fenris and bled. He was bombarded with energy blasts that managed to punch through a Manhattan roof and bled. He had his tooth knocked out by Iron Man.
The only time Kal has bled in 3 films was when he was as weak as a human. Kal has taken punches from guys that dwarf Hulk, Hulkbuster, Thor, and Abom in strength without losing consciousness or body parts. He has survived a nuke at point blank while weakened. Even while dead kryptonian cells are incapable of decay under a yellow sun. Kal-El is more durable than Hulk in every way.

"Superman would have died..."

Hulk will die from that nuke. No question. That is the difference.

"tossed around by jet gunfire"

There is a world of difference between a 30 mm GAU 8 and a 25 mm GAU 22. The GAU 8 has nearly twice the muzzle energy due to heavier rounds, meaning it hits twice as hard. The A-10's weapon is purpose built to shred/disable tanks, the F-35's has to pull double duty as an air-to-air weapon while providing token close air support. Hell, the F-35's ammunition is frangible, it is designed to break apart on impact. Depleted uranium slugs from the GAU 8 are designed to stay together, out-tough armor, and power through the target delivering lethal vaporized heat and gas on the other side. Those slugs did not penetrate Nam-Ek at all meaning they transferred 100% of their kinetic energy to him. Oh, and there were three A-10s to one F-35.

Zod developed further abilities because he stopped breathing Kryptonian antmosphere. It is so toxic that it inhibits their ability to manifest superpowers. For an adapted kryptonian, it keeps them from developing more exotic abilities, whilst they still get strength, speed and durability. For a non-adapted kryptonian, it inhibits their ability to manifest superpowers at all, thus making them as weak as a human.
The point of the comparison with them is that they would be in the same boat as Thor in your hypothetical situation. Equalized speed, no weapons, and no lightning. The difference being that they are stronger and more durable than Thor. There were two of them and Kal still held his own. Thor would not stand a chance.

"pergaps you don't know what a brick is"

From comicvine: "For those who don't know, "Brick" pertains to a character whose main schtick is super strength and durability, and nothing else save maybe a melee weapon of some kind. In essence a "tank". No other powers, not even flying, so guys like Superman and Thor do not count as Bricks."

Perhaps kung fu was the wrong example, Kurse certainly was not using that. Depending on the form, quicknessand agility are a necessity for kung fu. Agility is half of DD's game. Thing does not fight like that.

Allow me to re-phrase: If Thing had mixed martial arts skill on par with Chuck Liddell, would he cease being a brick?

Ok hold up. There's way too much info here to reply to. Let's do this one by one. Do you agree that Thor is more skilled than Superman?

If they were both stripped of their powers and fought h2h, how do you think that fight would go?

Silent Master
I like how losing to a farmboy and a scientist is somehow proof that they were skilled in HTH, especially since neither farmboy or scientist showed any impressive hth skill.

WolvesofBabylon
Being more skilled means nothing in this instance as Thor gets destroyed

Silent Master
It means Thor is far more skilled.

Stigma
Superman wins 10/10. Possibly blitzes too. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stigma
Superman wins 10/10. Possibly blitzes too. thumb up Nah, he couldn't even disarm and blitz Batman in Batman v. Superman. Supermans lucky the team needed him and was trying to reason with the out of control farmboy.

abhilegend
Like Wonder Woman did with those years of experience, right?

You'll just not let it go, will you?

CPT Space Bomb
If this was Thor in Thor 1 he wins..since then he got a massive power downgrade.

FrothByte
Like Wonder Woman did with those years of experience, right?

You'll just not let it go, will you?

1. Superman used his speed against WW
2. WW does not have the same amount of experience Thor has

abhilegend
1. Superman used his speed against WW
2. WW does not have the same amount of experience Thor has
He was straight up manhandling her without using speed. He only stopped the bracers with speed.

Why doesn't Diana has Thor's years of experience? She has shown more skills than Thor does after all.

Stigma
Diana is much older than Thor, like centuries older. She has more training experience.

Adam Grimes
To be fair Thor has more experience in actual combat. She did better against Doomsday than Thor against Kurse though.

Stigma
Indeed thumb up

Silent Master
I'm fairly sure that Kurse is more skilled than Doomsday.

Stigma
Kurse didn't seem to be skilled at all tbh. Rather, a brick that liked to brawl.

Adam Grimes
How?

quanchi112
Diana is much older than Thor, like centuries older. She has more training experience. She was coddled and didn't fight anyone outside her own people she was more powerful than. It's like saying I've trained ten more years than you against 10 th graders.

Thor wins.

FrothByte
He was straight up manhandling her without using speed. He only stopped the bracers with speed.

Why doesn't Diana has Thor's years of experience? She has shown more skills than Thor does after all.

No she hasn't shown more combat skills than Thor. I mean, which actual skilled opponents with superpowers has she actually gone up against?

FrothByte
Kurse didn't seem to be skilled at all tbh. Rather, a brick that liked to brawl.

Guys like Brock Lesnar are still considered pretty skilled (compared to average people) despite only being good at ground and pound. Fighting skill comes in many forms, not just how well you do high kicks.

Adam Grimes
No she hasn't shown more combat skills than Thor. I mean, which actual skilled opponents with superpowers has she actually gone up against? Was Ultron an MA Master?

Silent Master
Were Doomsday, Steppenwolf, Ludendorff, Ares or random soldiers MA masters?

Adam Grimes
He put into question WW's skill, I applied his logic to Thor and now you repeat it as a response? Lol

Silent Master
He didn't call her skill into question, as in saying she wasn't skilled. he was merely disagreeing with abhi's claim that WW showed more skill than Thor.

This seems to be a rather touchy subject for you, are you ok?

Adam Grimes
He didn't call her skill into question, as in saying she wasn't skilled. he was merely disagreeing with abhi's claim that WW showed more skill than Thor.

This seems to be a rather touchy subject for you, are you ok? My response still applies.

Are you, friend?

Silent Master
Only it doesn't as he didn't "put into question WW's skill".

Adam Grimes
Then answer me, when did Thor show more skill?

FrothByte
Was Ultron an MA Master?

No, but Loki and Hela were definitely skilled warriors. And Hulk is stronger and tougher than Thor whom Thor clearly outskilled. Then there are all the frost giants that Thor easily demolished.

WW has no equivalent feats against either superpowered opponents or skilled superpowered opponents. I wasn't questioning that WW is skilled, I was pointing out that she doesn't have combat feats to compare to Thor's.

Adam Grimes
No, but Loki and Hela were definitely skilled warriors. And Hulk is stronger and tougher than Thor whom Thor clearly outskilled. Then there are all the frost giants that Thor easily demolished.

WW has no equivalent feats against either superpowered opponents or skilled superpowered opponents. I wasn't questioning that WW is skilled, I was pointing out that she doesn't have combat feats to compare to Thor's. Hela stomped Thor 2 out of 3 and even then Thor only managed to slow her down in their last encounter. Loki is meh. And I don't think there is that big of a gap between Hulk and Thor physically tbh.

There was a bigger difference between WW and Doomsday but she still did pretty okay till Superman came back.

FrothByte
Hela stomped Thor 2 out of 3 and even then Thor only managed to slow her down in their last encounter. Loki is meh. And I don't think there is that big of a gap between Hulk and Thor physically tbh.

There was a bigger difference between WW and Doomsday but she still did pretty okay till Superman came back.

Let's make a tally shall we:

1. Fights against fodder:
WW showed great skill against WW1 soldiers. The only other fodder she took on were parademons, who seemed slightly above human strength but not so much so that Batman couldn't take one on his own. Bottom line is, these fodder were all way below WW's strength and speed. Making them very easy to outclass in h2h even if she had little skill.

Thor on the other hand took on Frost Giants, Dark Elves, Surtur's minions, undead Asgardians and Ultronbots. All of which are above human physicality especially for the frost giants who showed pretty equal strength to Asgardians. Meaning Thor had outfight beings who were considerable closer to his strength and durability than WW's fodder were to hers. That makes this a better showing for Thor.

2. Fights against superpowered but questionably skilled opponents:
WW fought Doomsday and did well against him, though she did have the advantage of a 3 on 1 fight plus the fact that she was armed and DD was not. So that's not exactly such a high showing for her. Especially since all the major attacks she landed were done while Superman assisted her. She fought Superman but then she didn't exactly do much more than a headbutt and a few bullrushes IIRC. And she got completely dominated in that fight. The best fight she has is against Luddendorf, who has displayed no evidence of outright skill. Yet she struggled against him even though she did eventually win, and this was with her being armed and him unarmed.

On the other hand, Thor fought IM at 400%, with IM using flight and repulsors against Thor while Thor only fought melee (after the initial lightning blast). That ended with Thor having a clear advantage. Thor fought the Hulk twice, and in both encounters Hulk had difficulty landing hits on Thor as Thor bobbed and weaved around Hulk and landed way more shots. He fought against Malekith who was powered by a freaking infinity stone and held his own, and it should be noted that Malekith had thousands of years more experience than he did. Then there's Surtur, whom Thor made short work of. Ultron is hard to weigh on because we don't actually see the fight happen.

Still it should be clear from all that that Thor again way better combat feats than WW.

3. Fight against skilled superpowered opponents:
WW fought against Ares, and though Ares is supposedly the God of War he didn't exactly engage in a lot of melee against WW. Still, WW did perform well against him, though it should be noted that she didn't defeat him with her melee skills. Still, a good show for WW. But then her only other fight against a skilled superpowered opponent is against Steppenwolf. And we all know how that went. Even though she supposedly had a speed advantage she couldn't even land a single blow against him that I recall... at least not until the very end when Steppenwolf was already getting tag teamed by everyone.

As for Thor:
In every encounter between Thor and Hela, Thor always landed the first blow, which should already tell you about the difference in their skill level. In their last two fights, Thor landed the first killing blow, just so happened that Hela's healing factor made it a non issue. Which shows that Thor is actually more skilled and would have beaten Hela if not for her healing.

Loki is skilled enough to easily land hits on Captain America and give Valkyrie a fight, Valkyrie who's supposed to be the elite of Asgardian fighters. And Thor has beaten him twice now.
The only bad showing Thor has is vs. Kurse, someone who is vastly more experienced than him and was immune to pain.

Still when we tally the scores, Thor has a 2 to 1 score for good showings vs. skilled superpowered opponents against WW's 1:1 score.

And that's why I said WW doesn't have the same combat feats to compare to Thor. It might be that she's more skilled than he is, but until such time as feats can back that up then Thor is more skilled, because that's what's backed up by feats. She just hasn't displayed her skilled against the same higher caliber opponents that Thor did. Her best displays of skill were against fodder whom she had such a huge physical advantage over.

Silent Master
Thor also walked through most of the Shield fodder while depowered far faster than WW took out Luddendorf.

FrothByte
Thor also walked through most of the Shield fodder while depowered far faster than WW took out Luddendorf.

True. While Thor was unarmed. WW was armed against Luddendorf.

Silent Master
True. While Thor was unarmed. WW was armed against Luddendorf.

Exactly, he was unarmed and greatly outnumbered. while WW is most certainly skilled. IMO, Thor is obviously more effective in hth.

quanchi112
Thor would beat the utter shit out of WW. He's also more powerful than Superman and far more skilled. He's a farmboy.

abhilegend
No she hasn't shown more combat skills than Thor. I mean, which actual skilled opponents with superpowers has she actually gone up against?
Ares? Which skilled opponents have Thor gone against?

Kurse absolutely stomped Thor with nothing but brute force.

abhilegend

Thor only defeated Loki with strength. Even Valkyrie stomped Loki. Thor only defeated Frost Giants with mjolnir, he didn't start using fancy moves.

Hulk is literally a retarded idiot and he was beating the shit out of Thor until he went SSJ.

Hela made Thor her *****.

Diana absolutely did better than Thor against Doomsday who was stronger than Hulk by a large margin.

Silent Master
LOL, never change.

abhilegend

WW showed great skill against WW1 soldiers. The only other fodder she took on were parademons, who seemed slightly above human strength but not so much so that Batman couldn't take one on his own. Bottom line is, these fodder were all way below WW's strength and speed. Making them very easy to outclass in h2h even if she had little skill.

How does beating fodders show skills for either of them?

He outfought most of them with mjolnir.

So does Thor's fight with Ultron. Thor got completely dominated even with help.

Doomsday is also above anyone Thor faced in single combat.

laughing out loud

Thor was stronger than Tony and hence got upper hand.

Hulk is literally a retard. Malekith was beating the shit out of Thor once mjolnir was out of the way. Malekith was sleeping for those years.

Surtur was depowered.

For you maybe.

Lolwut? Hela outright overpowered him and had him helpless in their melee fight. His lightning isn't a melee weapon.

And what showings does Valkyrie has?

Kurse is immune to pain and vastly more experienced? According to whom? All he did was punch Thor down.

And Thor doesn't?

abhilegend
LOL, never change.
You're hardly one to talk about change Snake-eyes when you have been trolling for last decade.

abhilegend
He was also far stronger than random fodder.

Silent Master
He was also far stronger than random fodder.

He was depowered to human level, which means he'd only have the normal strength of a human with his size and training.

Adam Grimes
I don't know any human with the strength to throw around 10 men trying to restrain him. Maybe you do, friend?

Adam Grimes

Thor on the other hand took on Frost Giants, Dark Elves, Surtur's minions, undead Asgardians and Ultronbots. All of which are above human physicality especially for the frost giants who showed pretty equal strength to Asgardians. Meaning Thor had outfight beings who were considerable closer to his strength and durability than WW's fodder were to hers. That makes this a better showing for Thor.

2. Fights against superpowered but questionably skilled opponents:
WW fought Doomsday and did well against him, though she did have the advantage of a 3 on 1 fight plus the fact that she was armed and DD was not. So that's not exactly such a high showing for her. Especially since all the major attacks she landed were done while Superman assisted her. She fought Superman but then she didn't exactly do much more than a headbutt and a few bullrushes IIRC. And she got completely dominated in that fight. The best fight she has is against Luddendorf, who has displayed no evidence of outright skill. Yet she struggled against him even though she did eventually win, and this was with her being armed and him unarmed.

On the other hand, Thor fought IM at 400%, with IM using flight and repulsors against Thor while Thor only fought melee (after the initial lightning blast). That ended with Thor having a clear advantage. Thor fought the Hulk twice, and in both encounters Hulk had difficulty landing hits on Thor as Thor bobbed and weaved around Hulk and landed way more shots. He fought against Malekith who was powered by a freaking infinity stone and held his own, and it should be noted that Malekith had thousands of years more experience than he did. Then there's Surtur, whom Thor made short work of. Ultron is hard to weigh on because we don't actually see the fight happen.

Still it should be clear from all that that Thor again way better combat feats than WW.

3. Fight against skilled superpowered opponents:
WW fought against Ares, and though Ares is supposedly the God of War he didn't exactly engage in a lot of melee against WW. Still, WW did perform well against him, though it should be noted that she didn't defeat him with her melee skills. Still, a good show for WW. But then her only other fight against a skilled superpowered opponent is against Steppenwolf. And we all know how that went. Even though she supposedly had a speed advantage she couldn't even land a single blow against him that I recall... at least not until the very end when Steppenwolf was already getting tag teamed by everyone.

As for Thor:
In every encounter between Thor and Hela, Thor always landed the first blow, which should already tell you about the difference in their skill level. In their last two fights, Thor landed the first killing blow, just so happened that Hela's healing factor made it a non issue. Which shows that Thor is actually more skilled and would have beaten Hela if not for her healing.

Loki is skilled enough to easily land hits on Captain America and give Valkyrie a fight, Valkyrie who's supposed to be the elite of Asgardian fighters. And Thor has beaten him twice now.
The only bad showing Thor has is vs. Kurse, someone who is vastly more experienced than him and was immune to pain.

Still when we tally the scores, Thor has a 2 to 1 score for good showings vs. skilled superpowered opponents against WW's 1:1 score.

And that's why I said WW doesn't have the same combat feats to compare to Thor. It might be that she's more skilled than he is, but until such time as feats can back that up then Thor is more skilled, because that's what's backed up by feats. She just hasn't displayed her skilled against the same higher caliber opponents that Thor did. Her best displays of skill were against fodder whom she had such a huge physical advantage over. I'm gonna respond this when I get home, but know in advance that I agree with a lot of your points.

Silent Master
Depowered Thor never throw 10 men around at once.

Adam Grimes
I would have to rewatch Thor 1 since last time I watched it was 2 years ago. How many were they, then?

Silent Master
Thor never fought 10 people at once while depowered.

Adam Grimes
I said they were restraining him and Thor overpowered them. Words are difficult for you, friend?

I promise to be more attentive in the future.

Silent Master
If you're talking about the hospital scene, there wasn't 10 of them and all he did was shove a couple orderlies away before being dogpiled and restrained by maybe 4 or 5 people.

Thinking that scene required above human strength is just sad.

Adam Grimes
Just rewatched the scene and I couldn't be remembering it worse lmao

I stand corrected. thumb up

quanchi112
Embarrassing.

abhilegend
He was depowered to human level, which means he'd only have the normal strength of a human with his size and training.
He shook off getting hit by a car.

I was talking about Ludendrof anyway.

Silent Master
So?

abhilegend
So?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.