Monster Hunter: World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Arachnid1
Qrz3zysD7cU

So is anyone here interested in this game? I'm a newcomer to the series and am currently making my way through MH4U (I've got MHGen too, but plan on getting through 4 first), and it's fun so far. World will probably be a day 1 buy for me just for the co-op fun potential. Hunting down a massive beast with some friends is just too good to pass up.

Bentley
Fun series, too bad I don't intend to buy the consoles where this one is getting published.

Kazenji
I've read with this one that they're doing it in a way to bring in new people, While also keeping the current fanbase happy


i am also new to the series, Haven't touched any of the games.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Bentley
Fun series, too bad I don't intend to buy the consoles where this one is getting published. Do you have a PC? If so, its going to get released on that eventually if you hold out

Originally posted by Kazenji
I've read with this one that they're doing it in a way to bring in new people, While also keeping the current fanbase happy


i am also new to the series, Haven't touched any of the games. Which one are you starting with? One of the DS entries or World next month?

BTW guys, World comes out in a month and a half on Jan 26th. Thats a good amount of time to get through a DS entry if you want to try it out. You can get 4 Ultimate pretty cheap these days, and many consider it the best game in the franchise

Kazenji
Originally posted by Arachnid1


Which one are you starting with? One of the DS entries or World next month?

Can't play the DS game as i don't own one.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Kazenji
Can't play the DS game as i don't own one. Gotcha

Well if World is half as good as what I'm experiencing on 4U so far, the wait will be worth it. Also, if you have a Wii, Monster Hunter 3 is on that

BruceSkywalker
game looks interesting

Arachnid1
This is getting some pretty phenomenal reviews and is holding a 91 on metacritic at the moment. Looks like we've got 2018s first good AAA game.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/monster-hunter-world

HBxeTJusD2M&t=4s

I've got it preloaded for the release in 13 hours. Oooooh man I cant wait.

Impediment
What exactly is the premise of this game? Looks interesting.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Impediment
What exactly is the premise of this game? Looks interesting. You basically go on a loop of taking on monster boss battles to harvest their carcass to make into armor and loot. The monsters get bigger and harder (monsters have different strengths and weaknesses, and you have to prepare prior to hunts using meals as certain stat boosters, different armors with different resistances, and bestiaries to get an idea of what you're up against), and the loot gets better and more varied in stats. You make your way up in mission rankings until you beat the game, at which point you take on end game rankings. Throw in some coop (which is a huge part of these games, though not necessary to have fun), and you have a pretty general idea of it all. It can get pretty grindy at times but the fun factor cant be ignored.

Adam Grimes
I should buy it so we can all play together like good friends.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I should buy it so we can all play together like good friends. Oh man

We could make a claaaan

We will henceforth be known as The Arachnids. I'll be the Spider, you be the Scorpion, Kaz will be the Trilobite, and Imp will be the Tick.

Arachnid1
x8EtuLelERk

For anyone who feels like they're on the fence about this game, it is more than worth the money. I've been having a blast. I'm 70 hours in and still probably 70% of the way through the game. Ever step of the journey was a blast too

Nephthys
I've been watching Criken stream his way through the game since I didn't know until too late that it was on PC and this looks like one of the best games of the generation.

Also:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/4936f02a4bf37d4bf0b6933527dd5fd7/tumblr_p3ph02vtUk1rure7wo1_500.jpg

Best part of any game ever. estahuh

BackFire
To anyone who has played it, or knows more about it than I, which should be just about anyone, is this game supposed to be good for a person who has never played a MH game? Which I haven't. I've always heard they have a very extreme learning curve and requires a lot of effort just to be able to learn the systems and what not, I have also heard that this new one is more streamlined, but still a bit intimidated to jump in. Any opinions on that?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BackFire
To anyone who has played it, or knows more about it than I, which should be just about anyone, is this game supposed to be good for a person who has never played a MH game? Which I haven't. I've always heard they have a very extreme learning curve and requires a lot of effort just to be able to learn the systems and what not, I have also heard that this new one is more streamlined, but still a bit intimidated to jump in. Any opinions on that? It has a bit of a learning curve but every monster you fight has a thoughtful progression as you move up, so you learn everything as you go. This is the best place for new players to jump on, so don't be intimidated by it. I've gotten a few friends into it who aren't "hardcore" gamers and they're doing well so I think you'll be fine.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Gotcha

Well if World is half as good as what I'm experiencing on 4U so far, the wait will be worth it. Also, if you have a Wii, Monster Hunter 3 is on that Best game to start out with, in my experience, is Freedom Unite.

4 Ultimate is better without a doubt, but FU can rival 3U.

Nemesis X
It happened. MHW became the best selling game in Capcom's history.

Arachnid1
Well deserved IMO. I've got 110 hours on this game and it feels like I've played 30 max. Phenomenal experience

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.