Imai vs Ippo gallery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
So how does the "clone" do compared to the original? Latest version unless stated.

1. Miyata (Rookie vs rookie)

2. Miyata (Champ vs champ)

3. Mashiba (Junior light)

4. Sendou

5. Vorg (Rookie king)

6. Woolie

7. Kazuki

8. Gedo

9. Saeki

10. Ippo himself (Both before challenging for the national)

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by cdtm
So how does the "clone" do compared to the original? Latest version unless stated.

1. Miyata (Rookie vs rookie)

2. Miyata (Champ vs champ)

3. Mashiba (Junior light)

4. Sendou

5. Vorg (Rookie king)

6. Woolie

7. Kazuki

8. Gedo

9. Saeki

10. Ippo himself (Both before challenging for the national)
Imai stops HARD at 2 when Miyata jolt counters his ass in one round. laughing out loud

AuraAngel
Weird formatting but yeah he is stopping at champ Miyata.

cdtm
How does he do overall? Stomp from top to bottom?

AuraAngel
1. We have little clue since Miyata got cheated by Mashiba and never got to fight Ippo to give us a frame of reference. Gonna say Miyata because he went straight from the smaller tournament to fighting bigger named boxers outside of Japan rather than waiting for the opening for he belt like Imai.

2. Miyata, obviously.

3. Probably giving the edge to Mashiba. The flicker is so weird that even Takamura struggles against it. Or at least as much as Takamura can struggle lol.

4. Sendou probably wins. Hits harder than Ippo and can take massive amounts of punishment. This guy was hit with Ippo's Dempsey Roll at the beginning of their second match and still almost won. He's also making a big name for himself on the world stage, though that is mostly against speedier types.

5. Leaning more towards Vorg due to my not remembering if Imai has any noteworthy techniques to surprise him like Ippo's Gazelle Punch. That said this could go either way imo.

6. Woolie only lost due to lack of experience. Imai technically has more but both are still young. Also I'm realizing that I'm not sure how Imai's durability holds up to Ippo's so if he is as good at taking a hit as our little protagonist, then maybe.

7. Sanada had Ippo dead to rights but in Imai's defense I'm not sure if Sanada would be prepared for that sudden charge though.

8. Gedo is too weird to judge to be honest since he flagrantly throws matches as he pleases. For what it is worth Imai doesn't seem the type to get in his own head like Ippo always does so the trick probably ain't gonna be as effective against him.

9. Saeki loses. He is a lesser Itagaki and Imai proved that he can handle Itagaki.

10. Ippo. Not only does he have the experience fighting opponents at his level physically, his capacity for pain is frankly worrying. Combine that with his natural balance and Imai will be caught in a position we've never seen him in. Namely fighting a dude emphatically as tough as him.

It's important to note that Imai's coach is basically a non-factor. Many of the others here have a coach that can spot Imai's weaknesses and give advice accordingly. One of the reasons Imai beat Itagaki was because the coach is a non-factor if the fight is only one round lol.

cdtm
Sounds about right.

Wonder if the shutdown tactics would work against Woolie. Itagaki being just as untouchable is why Kamogawa banned sparring with Ippo, and Itagaki proved he can dodge even in the corner, just like Woolie.

Sure, it helps Imai knows Itagaki, but that first down still required insane timing that hasn't been shown from any other in fighter.

Dark-Kenshin
Itagaki saw Ippo use the exact same counter again Karasawa during their fight 2.5 years earlier, so I'm inclined to think that Imai won due to CIS and because Mori appears to hate everybody not named Takamura, Martinez, Vorg and Miyata.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.