Pops Vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Luke Cage has been hired to kill Sarah Conner, Can Pops(armed with shotgun) protect Sarah Conner?

TheVaultDweller
Pops can just outmuscle Luke, to be honest. Pops was insanely strong in Genisys. He was able to hold the weight of a bus with one hand, and didn't even seem to be straining all that hard. And those kinds of buses tend to weigh at least around 20,000lbs, even when empty.

h1a8
Pops can't show strain. He's a robot.
Luke Cage casually bent a metal handgun. That takes tonnage to do. And considering he casually did it implies that he can exert multiple times more force.

TheVaultDweller
He seemed to be straining and struggling during his fights with John Connor. But that's a minor thing in anyways.

And Cage himself is extremely strong. Of that there is no doubt. But I have a tough time seeing him holding a roughly 9 ton bus for nearly 90 seconds, while using only one hand.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He seemed to be straining and struggling during his fights with John Connor. But that's a minor thing in anyways.

And Cage himself is extremely strong. Of that there is no doubt. But I have a tough time seeing him holding a roughly 9 ton bus for nearly 90 seconds, while using only one hand. So you think that lifting (holding) 9 tons for a couple of minutes is more impressive than CASUALLY bending a gun?

FrothByte
I'm going to back Luke Cage here. The terminators weren't exactly fast, agile fighters. Granted Luke isn't some kind of ninja, but he still moves more fluidly than Pops. And though Pops does have better lifting feats, I don't think Pops can simply shoulder block an SUV without moving.

In the end though, what makes me back Cage is durability. Pops will slowly get damaged since his skeleton is only as strong as steel. It might take Cage a while but I think he can eventually damage Pops enough.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by h1a8
So you think that lifting (holding) 9 tons for a couple of minutes is more impressive than CASUALLY bending a gun?

The issue is that even if he did it casually, which then means he can do more, it still doesn't tell us how much more. Maybe he can exert twice as much force as that. Maybe three times. Hell, maybe even ten times. But the bottom line is, we don't really know. We can only speculate. And speculation is fine, but it doesn't really hold up as proof in MvF debates.

And, admittedly, that is one thing that does make debating Luke's strength a bit difficult. He does not necessarily have some of the ridiculous feats others have (though he does have some really good ones) but, at the same time, we have yet to see him really hit his limit. Sure, he might show varying degrees of strain, depending on what he is doing. But I don't recall him ever actually failing at any pure physical strength feat he has attempted.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I'm going to back Luke Cage here. The terminators weren't exactly fast, agile fighters. Granted Luke isn't some kind of ninja, but he still moves more fluidly than Pops. And though Pops does have better lifting feats, I don't think Pops can simply shoulder block an SUV without moving.

In the end though, what makes me back Cage is durability. Pops will slowly get damaged since his skeleton is only as strong as steel. It might take Cage a while but I think he can eventually damage Pops enough.

I thought Terminator skeletons were tougher than steel. confused

FrothByte
I thought Terminator skeletons were tougher than steel. confused

Maybe. But a home-made pipe bomb cut a terminator in half in T1. I actually think Cage might survive something like that without injury.

Josh_Alexander
The T800 decimates.

As TheVaultDweller mentioned before, the Robot outpowers Cage.

TheVaultDweller
Maybe. But a home-made pipe bomb cut a terminator in half in T1. I actually think Cage might survive something like that without injury.

I completely forgot about that. But yeah, Cage has been in two separate explosions (one of which was caused by a direct hit from a rocket launcher, followed by the building collapsing on him), and the most that happened was he was briefly KO'd during the rocket launcher instance.

Still though, given how strong Terminators are, I could see Pops' hits eventually starting to have an effect on Luke as well. Though, admittedly, Luke's healing factor will probably start to help him there, the longer the fight goes on. He's by no means Wolverine or Deadpool in that category, but his healing is fast enough that it could potentially make a little bit of difference over a prolonged fight.

h1a8
The issue is that even if he did it casually, which then means he can do more, it still doesn't tell us how much more. Maybe he can exert twice as much force as that. Maybe three times. Hell, maybe even ten times. But the bottom line is, we don't really know. We can only speculate. And speculation is fine, but it doesn't really hold up as proof in MvF debates.

And, admittedly, that is one thing that does make debating Luke's strength a bit difficult. He does not necessarily have some of the ridiculous feats others have (though he does have some really good ones) but, at the same time, we have yet to see him really hit his limit. Sure, he might show varying degrees of strain, depending on what he is doing. But I don't recall him ever actually failing at any pure physical strength feat he has attempted. Casually means one can do at least 3x times more. So at the very minimum, Cage can exert 3 times more force. That's what he can go on.

Bending a gun the way Luke did it takes significant tonnage. You are under estimating the feat.

McNasty996
I believe that the Pipe Bomb was back in Terminator 1 from which since the T-800s have had multiple upgrades in Durability and and strength.

The T-800 in Salvation was eating grenade launcher shots and in TSCC could rip a vault door apart where in T1 they could barely get through a metal door in the factory.

Khazra Reborn
Probably Pops, he seemed quite a bit stronger. Plus, the Defenders didn't really do Luke any favors, having him struggle with Hand soldiers.

TheVaultDweller
When did Luke ever struggle with Hand soldiers? He pretty much oneshotted all the fodder that got in his way. Even ignored all of Iron Fist's hits other than his chi punches, when they fought. The only people who provided him with any kind of real trouble were 3 actual Fingers of the Hand and the Black Sky, and none of them were normal humans.

Murakami showcased immense damage soak, as well as a level of enhanced strength. And even then, he used speed and agility against Luke, and all he ever really did was annoy him. Sowande was mentioned by Stick as being able to literally stop a human heart with just a few pressure points yet, again, he never really caused Luke more than a little discomfort and inconvenience (Luke still ended up beating and capturing him despite taking a garbage truck to the face). Madame Gao displayed superhuman strength, durability, and TK. And all of these individuals have several centuries worth of experience. And of course, Black Sky was also superhuman.

And for all their skill, experience and power, between the four of them, the only one who did anything of note to Cage was Elektra. And only after he was drugged up and weakened first.

FrothByte
How fast was Pops in h2h combat? I kinda remember all Terminators being kinda clunky in h2h.

TethAdamTheRock
Luke Cage is not really that fast tbh

TheVaultDweller
How fast was Pops in h2h combat? I kinda remember all Terminators being kinda clunky in h2h.

Well, this is from the most recent movie:

-vLc6hNnEek

I wouldn't say they are that slow. But they tend to fight like unskilled brawlers. Cage often hardly exerts himself while fighting, but he has shown that he can use skill when necessary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.